PDA

View Full Version : Craig Charles may be axed from Corrie

Luna
20-10-2005, 19:07
Former 'Red Dwarf' star Craig Charles may be axed from 'Coronation Street' for allegedly failing to turn up for work.

The 41-year-old is said to be "drinking in the Last Chance Saloon" after disrupting the show's schedules on several occasions, according to Britain's Daily Mirror newspaper.

The Liverpudlian actor, who plays cabbie Lloyd Mullaney, has suffered a series of personal problems since joining the hit soap opera three months ago.

Now the show's producer, Tony Wood, has demanded an explanation and warned that Charles could be dropped if he steps out of line again.

A source said: "There is only so much that the bosses can take when it comes to rescheduling scenes when people fail to show up. Delays are highly costly. "The artist has been left in no doubt over his future. He is now drinking in the Last Chance Saloon."

When the dad-of-three arrived in May, bosses had big plans for his character. But after disrupting filming on five occasions Charles may be forced to leave when his contract runs out early next year.

The serious ill health of Charles' 81-year-old father Joseph is thought to be the main reason the actor has missed so much work. On another occasion he had to be sent home after blaming a fish supper for making him sick.

Luna
20-10-2005, 19:08
I dont want him to leave :crying: he's lovely :wub:

Abi
20-10-2005, 20:29
He's ok, i wouldn't be that upset if he left, he hasn't exactly brought that much to the soap

Chris_2k11
20-10-2005, 20:48
Great news! He's just another pointless character in my opinion.