PDA

View Full Version : Alfie In Suicide

soapfreak
20-10-2005, 08:59
Eastenders Alfie Moon may kill himself in a tragic Christmas storyline.
The dramatic exit is one of several being considered by show chiefs after actor Shane Richie announced plans to quit.
The plot sees loveable rogue Alfie getting depressed after Nana Moon dies of a heart aneurysm.
Things get worse when he realise things will never work out with ex-wife Kat (Jessie Wallace) and decides the only way out is suicide.
Other possible plots in clude him reuniting with Kat and leaving Albert Square together. A thrid sees the couple rowing and finally going their separate ways.
An insider said " weve been determined to keep his exit a big secert. " weve written several different endings so nobody will know which is the real one untill the last minute.
"They vary from quite upbeat ones to much sadder ones - and the most tragic is the one where Alfie kills himself.
"Its absolutely heart-wrenching and it will be a real tearjerker if its showen." The episodes will go out between Christmas and New Years Day.
Shane 41 is leavin to pursue several projects in cluding a contract with Hollywood director Steven Spielbergss Dreamwork company

this is from the sun newspaper.

Bad Wolf
20-10-2005, 09:00
moving to rumour mill as only a possible spoiler

Luna
20-10-2005, 09:09
:eek: this cant be true can it!!!!

I thought he was only leaving for a year!!!!

brenda1971
20-10-2005, 09:47
I thought that they were going to leave the door open for shane to come back.

LostVoodoo
20-10-2005, 09:51
^ yeah, i didn't think they'd want to kill him off. plus that's just too horrible AND you do actually get a lot of people who kill themselves at xmas and new year and the bbc probably don't want to be seen encouraging that.

Luna
20-10-2005, 09:56
Has there ever been an xmas suicide in any of the soaps :searchme:

Debs
20-10-2005, 10:10
hope this isnt true, i like alfie, was really hoping he would return so please dont kill him off

pops110874
20-10-2005, 10:30
i dont think they will do this - i have every confidence alfie and kat will leave togther.

With the number of people leaving around christmas, it gives them an opportunity to let two actors leave at the same time without having to think up seperate exits.

You can sometimes have a little too many "leaving to start a new life abroad storylines"

callummc
20-10-2005, 10:33
not only would it be miserable for christmas,but lets face it shanes acting isn't really strong enough to carry that one off,alfie depressed and whinging would not do much for christmas ratings

Siobhan
20-10-2005, 10:47
^ yeah, i didn't think they'd want to kill him off. plus that's just too horrible AND you do actually get a lot of people who kill themselves at xmas and new year and the bbc probably don't want to be seen encouraging that.

I think the BBC can do a good job if this... you rightly said that most people are depressed at christmas enought to kill themselves but they don't think of those who are left behind.. EE could show the aftermath of these action so show people they are loved and that there is help so they don't try to kill themselves...

crazygirl
20-10-2005, 11:21
no alfie wont kill himself

callummc
20-10-2005, 11:47
if i thought he would,i'd offer him my rope,put him out of his misery,and make it a happy new year for me-no more alfie moon

crazygirl
20-10-2005, 12:57
if i thought he would,i'd offer him my rope,put him out of his misery,and make it a happy new year for me-no more alfie moon
:nono:

mons_p
20-10-2005, 12:57
It would definetely bring in the viewers, but out of the three scenarios, i'd rather Kat and Alfie went their separate ways, and I have this feeling that they won't kill him and they will keep the door open, but you never know it could happen

crazygirl
20-10-2005, 13:01
well he is the type who would take too many pills but i think they will leave the door open for him, but if they killed spencer off then with nana dying too that could put alfie over the edge

pops110874
20-10-2005, 13:10
not only would it be miserable for christmas,but lets face it shanes acting isn't really strong enough to carry that one off,alfie depressed and whinging would not do much for christmas ratings

i agree = shane just about manages the annoying "lovable rogue" persona. he would definately struggle with anything that taxing.

whenever he has to look sad or pretend to cry he just makes me cringe (actually that includes whenever he tries to laugh = jessie wallace completely acts him off screen, he has a lot to thank her for!!)

Bad Wolf
20-10-2005, 13:11
i cant see this happening for several reasons:

at xmas there are loads of people on their own- and tv companies put out helpline ad's- a think having alfie kill himself would cause up roar with the public
with shaz and mini den leaving- one couple must leave happily
its just not alfie- he and spencer lost their parent and their nana- why would alfie do that to spencer?
i dont think the producers will kill him off- they would rather he lives so there is always the slim possibility of a kat and alfie reunion (if shanes and jessies careers dont work out and they want to return)

crazygirl
20-10-2005, 15:42
alfie will go and join spencer he wont die

Kim
20-10-2005, 15:49
[QUOTE=pops110874]i dont think they will do this - i have every confidence alfie and kat will leave togther.
[QUOTE]

Same here.

lollymay
20-10-2005, 16:19
no he cant kill himself

CrazyLea
20-10-2005, 16:49
i hope he doesnt :( that would be quite sad :(

Charmed
20-10-2005, 19:03
I don't really think that Alfie would kill himself. :hmm:

Florijo
20-10-2005, 20:34
I don't care how Alfie leaves as long as he never comes back. Ever.

I doubt they will have him commit suicide but it would be interesting if they did, as it is important to remember that in reality Christmas is just another day for people who are unhappy. Remember in 2001, on Christmas Day, Trevor forced Mo to eat from the floor and then kicked her.

I would like to see Kat back again, maybe in a few years, if Jessie Wallace wants to come back, but I never want to see Alfie again, so that is why I would be grateful if Alfie had an exit that made it impossible for him to come back.

Saying that, however, I don't rate Shane Richie's 'acting' skills and an episode of Alfie crying, wailing, weeping and acting all depressed would be torture.

i_luv_dennis
20-10-2005, 20:39
omg evey one is eighter dieing or leaving

?????
20-10-2005, 21:00
I don't care how Alfie leaves as long as he never comes back. Ever.

I doubt they will have him commit suicide but it would be interesting if they did, as it is important to remember that in reality Christmas is just another day for people who are unhappy. Remember in 2001, on Christmas Day, Trevor forced Mo to eat from the floor and then kicked her.

I would like to see Kat back again, maybe in a few years, if Jessie Wallace wants to come back, but I never want to see Alfie again, so that is why I would be grateful if Alfie had an exit that made it impossible for him to come back.

Saying that, however, I don't rate Shane Richie's 'acting' skills and an episode of Alfie crying, wailing, weeping and acting all depressed would be torture.

lol i so agree. i don't care what happens to alfie moon as long as he never ever sets foot in walford ever again. the suicide storyline sounds really cool if you ask me. i will love it if its happens, it will make my Christmas!

JustJodi
20-10-2005, 21:09
i hope he doesnt :( that would be quite sad :(

Nah Alfie doesn't have it in him to do himself in..hes too much of a coward.. any way who started this RUMOR,, was there any truth in it ???

Luna
20-10-2005, 21:10
Nah Alfie doesn't have it in him to do himself in..hes too much of a coward.. any way who started this RUMOR,, was there any truth in it ???

God knows but it has been on the radio and in the paper

hazey
20-10-2005, 23:10
Has there ever been an xmas suicide in any of the soaps :searchme: I remember a attempted suicide in EE it was a guy called Aiden. xmas 1993,he was a football hopeful that Arthur was trying to coach.he had no family,and lived with Arthur and Pauline for a while.

littlemo
21-10-2005, 01:06
No Alfie wouldn't kill himself, he knows that Nana is dying it's not going to be a great shock for him. And even if Kat doesn't want to get back with Alfie she's not going to leave him alone to wallow in his grief. She's going to be very upset about Nana dying, and I'm sure will provide some comfort.

Alfie hasn't been at his best lately with everything that has happened with Kat and Little Mo, but he's still got a lot of friends on the square, who care about him. He's not the first bloke to have an affair. People get over it. I'm sure everybody would have sympathy for Alfie and everyone loves Nana.

I couldn't see him being so desperate to commit suicide.

Jessie Wallace
21-10-2005, 01:09
Shane has said that the door was going to be left open for him to come back if he wanted to, the same as Jessie Wallace. Plus they are filimng to endings for Kat and Alfie, one where they live happily ever after, and one where they go there seperate ways. So i don't think this one is true some how.

lollymay
21-10-2005, 11:49
this was on sky news this morning

JustJodi
21-10-2005, 11:51
this was on sky news this morning

What was on Sky News ??? You mean what Jessie Wallace said ???

brooksyrules
21-10-2005, 12:55
ok that is sad
:cartman:

LUSHLOOKE69
22-10-2005, 12:39
I don't think this is the way to go Alfie was such a happy bubbly character when he first arrived and hes clearly been knocked down and picked himself up many times before why would this time be different? I hope Alfie and Kat get the happy ending they deserve!

shannisrules
22-10-2005, 17:11
i hope he doesnt i dont think he will

Penguin8191
23-10-2005, 14:22
no they cant kill alfie - i wont let them - its gonna be sad enough with nana dying never mind alfie killing himself - he should leave with kat!

Bryan
23-10-2005, 14:29
Shane has said that the door was going to be left open for him to come back if he wanted to, the same as Jessie Wallace. Plus they are filimng to endings for Kat and Alfie, one where they live happily ever after, and one where they go there seperate ways. So i don't think this one is true some how.

there was rumours that shane would only be gone for one year then he might return, meaning as dawn says the door is being left open for him, so he wont die

Jade
23-10-2005, 14:32
I thought Sam was supposed to top herself? they wouldnt have two sucides in such a close period of time? would they?

Bryan
23-10-2005, 14:33
I thought Sam was supposed to top herself? they wouldnt have two sucides in such a close period of time? would they?

im starting to think that the sam one is untrue aswell now, as we'd have heard of it by now, i know she gets out so why would she hang herself?

Jade
23-10-2005, 14:35
im starting to think that the sam one is untrue aswell now, as we'd have heard of it by now, i know she gets out so why would she hang herself?

Yep true,

Unless she does it before she finds out Chrissie is arrested, although would she not be kept in prison cause she did have a part in it? She was also in a quite a fragile mental state before she got locked up so she may have some sort of breakdown after being let out?

Bryan
23-10-2005, 14:37
Yep true,

Unless she does it before she finds out Chrissie is arrested, although would she not be kept in prison cause she did have a part in it? She was also in a quite a fragile mental state before she got locked up so she may have some sort of breakdown after being let out?

eastenders forgets technicalties like that, shell be let out and we'll all believe everythings resolved, with no questions asked etc, and she'll ride off into the sunset, only to return two years down the line when she realises that she is only good for eastenders

Jade
23-10-2005, 14:38
eastenders forgets technicalties like that, shell be let out and we'll all believe everythings resolved, with no questions asked etc, and she'll ride off into the sunset, only to return two years down the line when she realises that she is only good for eastenders

Prop off to see Zoe in Ibiza!

Bryan
23-10-2005, 14:43
Prop off to see Zoe in Ibiza!

she does go to be a holiday rep in spain so it could well be!!! and then we could have another twist in the tale...chrissie brings them both down with her!

Jade
23-10-2005, 14:48
she does go to be a holiday rep in spain so it could well be!!! and then we could have another twist in the tale...chrissie brings them both down with her!

Could they do that without bringing Zoe back?

I was hopeing for a good trial!

Bryan
23-10-2005, 14:55
Could they do that without bringing Zoe back?

I was hopeing for a good trial!

maybe that filmed the scenes before she left???

xsoftladybugx
23-10-2005, 15:59
Hope they dont decide to kill him off :(

.:SpIcYsPy:.
23-10-2005, 18:01
He probably think about it but he won't do it seeing as Kalfie leave together..

hayley
23-10-2005, 18:11
I dont really think it believeable, alfie killing himself, it isnt really in his character

desertman65
26-10-2005, 09:12
If everyone killed themselves when their granny died thenh there would be no-one left! What a silly, far-fetched storyline.

The character of Alfie has morfed into a sickly-sweet do-gooder, who chastises anyone doing anything wrong and gets all teary eyed over a dotty, aging granny. This is a world away from the wide-boy, slightly on the wrong side of the law, grown-up street urchin who'd do anything to make a fast buck.

Surfer Rosa
17-11-2005, 07:52
I think the BBC can do a good job if this... you rightly said that most people are depressed at christmas enought to kill themselves but they don't think of those who are left behind.. EE could show the aftermath of these action so show people they are loved and that there is help so they don't try to kill themselves...

I don't think they'll have Alfie commit suicide either. I would say that people contemplating suicide would identify more with Alfie rather than thinking about how his loved ones have to cope with the aftermath. A better idea might be to show him reaching rock bottom, and then thinking about killing himself, but then working through it, to show people that there is light at the end of the tunnel...

Surfer Rosa
17-11-2005, 07:53
I don't think they'll have Alfie commit suicide either. I would say that people contemplating suicide would identify more with Alfie rather than thinking about how his loved ones have to cope with the aftermath. A better idea might be to show him reaching rock bottom, and then thinking about killing himself, but then working through it, to show people that there is light at the end of the tunnel...

Kim
29-12-2005, 11:08
Sholdn't this be closed, it's clearly not going to happen seeing as Alfie has left with Kat.

Bryan
29-12-2005, 12:47
Sholdn't this be closed, it's clearly not going to happen seeing as Alfie has left with Kat.

closing thread :)