PDA

View Full Version : Returning characters from the olden days

LostVoodoo
15-10-2005, 14:13
can someone explain to me who some of these new returning characters are?
i've only been watching neighbours for about 6 years so some of them are lost on me...who is:
Rosemary
Paul's sister, what's her name again?
that bloke who turned up with Phil Martin

like what are the main things i need to know about them?

CrazyLea
16-10-2005, 13:11
the ones that came back are annaliece, rosemary, phil anddoug and someone is coming back next week too

alkalinetrio
16-10-2005, 13:39
dont remember the person who that phil was with when did he leave neibours

Debs
16-10-2005, 16:09
can someone explain to me who some of these new returning characters are?
i've only been watching neighbours for about 6 years so some of them are lost on me...who is:
Rosemary
Paul's sister, what's her name again?
that bloke who turned up with Phil Martin

like what are the main things i need to know about them?

Rosemary is paul robinsons aunt,

pauls sister is called lucy

the bloke that turned up with phil is doug willis

found some bits about them on the neighbours site

Character: Doug Willis
Actor: Terence Donovan

Character: Doug Willis
Actor: Terence Donovan
http://www.bbc.co.uk/drama/neighbours/whoswho/characterbiogs/contentimages/char_port_dougwillis.jpg
Lived at: Number 26
Related to: Married to Pam Willis. Father of Adam, Brad, Cody and Gaby Willis. Brother of Faye Hudson, uncle to Cameron Hudson.
Love interest: Pam Willis & Jill Weir.
Most notable moment: Having an affair with Jill Weir.

Average
Doug was a down to earth fellow who ran his own construction firm. He was a first rate builder, but struggled in business and at one stage his firm went bankrupt.
Tempted
Around this time when he became tempted by that Jill Weir woman. A terrible business that I am sure would never have happened had Doug not been so vulnerable a frame of mind – some men seem to lose their whole identity when they lose they’re work.
Indiscretion
I’m glad I wasn’t in Doug’s shoes when Pam found out about that indiscretion - she maintained a lovely rose garden and was highly skilled with a pair of secateurs. Still, the family put all that behind them and Doug eventually managed to get the business up and running again.

Character: Lucy Robinson
Kylie Flinker, Sasha Close, Melissa Bell. http://www.bbc.co.uk/drama/neighbours/whoswho/characterbiogs/contentimages/char_port_lucyrobinson.jpg
Lived at: Number 26
Related to: Daughter of Jim Robinson, sister of Paul, Julie and Scott Robinson. Granddaughter of Helen Daniels. Half-sister of Glen Donnelly.
Also: Hilary Robinson, Matt Robinson, Beverly Robinson, Rosemary Daniels, Helen Daniels.
Love interest: Glen Donelly, Brad Willis, David Kazalian.
Most notable moments: Receiving emergency surgery from Clive on the dining table at Number 26. Being almost deafened by Zoe while making a prank call. Being temporarily blinded after falling down a well. Being diagnosed with a brain tumour and becoming an alcoholic.
Fact: In an attempt to make Neighbours appeal to all ages, Reg Watson included nine-year-old Lucy. She was packed off to boarding school at the age of eleven and returned a completely different person (well actress). It was only when she was re-cast for a third time (and played by Melissa Bell) that Lucy became a central character as a teenager.

Daddy's girl
Lucy Robinson, so like her father, so determined and strong, yet somehow she never seemed quite content. She was one of the restless, that's for certain...
Wild child
Lucy caused her dad no end of worry: she flitted between dead-end jobs, flirted with every man she met -including her half-brother Glen in scenes considered too risque for UK audiences and were cut.
Disgrace
She ended up leaving Erinsborough for the precarious world of modelling in Singapore, where she married her sleazy agent David Kazalian. Thankfully, Jim didn't live to see his daughter disgraced as a centrefold model and go-go dancer in her quest to become a covergirl.

Character: Rosemary Daniels
Actor: Joy Chambers http://www.bbc.co.uk/drama/neighbours/whoswho/characterbiogs/contentimages/char_port_rosemarydaniels.jpg
Lived at: In the U.S. Stayed at Number 26.
Related to: Adopted daughter of Helen Daniels, adoptive mother of Tracey Daniels. Also: Jim Robinson, Paul Robinson, Julie Robinson, Scott Robinson, Lucy Robinson, Hilary Robinson, Matt Robinson, Beverley Robinson.
Love interest: Gerard Singer, Joel Supple.
Most notable moment: When Rosemary discovered that her fiancée Gerard Singer dumped her for her mother Helen
In Business
Rosemary, who is Helen's adopted daughter is the owner of the international organization The Daniels Corporation which bases its operations in New York where she lives.
On the home front
I haven't seen Rosemary for years now. She's actually very down to earth, really. I remember her getting into a real tussle with Madge one time, over who could make the better pavlova. It was egg whites at dawn, I tell you. (Between you and me, nobody could outdo Madge when it came to pavlova).
She adopted a daughter
Rosemary was away so much she missed out on a lot of her family life. Even if Helen was not her birth mother, she was in every other sense. But opportunity led her away, I suppose. Funny how it works out: that an adopted woman adopts a daughter herself. But that's what ended up happening.
When that poor little girl, Tracey was left an orphan Rosemary had been named as her guardian. She'd always been close to the girl's mother. There were a few problems to begin with, but I believe it has worked out very well.
Tracey's at Harvard
I got a Christmas card from them last year. Tracey's at Harvard, and Rosemary claims to spend all her spare time down in the Caribbean, cruising the islands in some enormous yacht, I expect. And good luck to her I say. She's worked hard for it. I should give her a call. I rather fancy a holiday in the Caribbean. But whom would I take

LostVoodoo
16-10-2005, 19:27
wow, thanx for all the info!

Most notable moments: Receiving emergency surgery from Clive on the dining table at Number 26. Being almost deafened by Zoe while making a prank call. Being temporarily blinded after falling down a well. Being diagnosed with a brain tumour and becoming an alcoholic.

omg, that's hysterical! :cheer: how many classically stupid storylines can happen to one girl?

hellsbells
17-10-2005, 11:56
Terrance Donvan is jason Donavan's dad. In case anyone didn't know.....