PDA

View Full Version : Spoilers for Corrie 23rd - 28th October

alan45
15-10-2005, 11:07
Nick threatens Claire
Airing Sunday, 23rd October 2005 at 19:30 on ITV1

Steve and Ronnie are revelling in their new found relationship unaware of how far her ex, Jimmy, is prepared to go in his revenge. So when his son Nick Clayton gets into Claire’s cab as she picks up Joshua, and threatens them both with violence, Claire’s stunned. But the nightmare isn’t over for Clare as Nick follows her back to the street. How will Ashley react when he finds his family in danger?

Mike arrives back at Underworld to find Sally and Danny’s replacement machinists attempting to dodge the picket line. With his personal life still in pieces, Danny seems unperturbed by the strike but Mike insists he sorts it out before the business goes down the pan.

Elsewhere, Kirk begins a series of bizarre tests set by Cilla to prove he’s good enough to be Les’s best man. It’s clear to all that he doesn’t stand a chance, that is until Molly spots the opportunity to earn some brownie points with her boss.

And Gail worries that she’s ruined her chances with Phil after getting cold feet on their date.

Danny learns the shocking truth
Airing Monday, 24th October 2005 at 19:30 on ITV1

Mike is in turmoil as the strike continues at Underworld while Danny and Adam take out their frustrations on each other. Mike demands Danny calls Janice into the office to resolve the mess but Danny won’t budge and as tensions rise, Mike finds himself revealing the shocking truth to Danny that he is his dad not his uncle. How will Danny react?

Claire is furious when she discovers that Ashley has handed in a resignation at Streetcars on her behalf. After telling him she can’t be ordered round like a child, she goes to Streetcars to demand her job back. Claire’s defiant as she refuses to be intimidated out of a job she enjoys and, spurred on by her attitude, Ronnie demands to be let back behind the wheel as well.

Elsewhere, Cilla is determined that Kirk won’t be the best man and demands Les find him a challenge he can’t do. Meanwhile Cilla sets her sights on the wedding cake in Diggory’s shop window. But with no money how will Les get his hands on the cake?

And is it all over before it’s begun for Martin when new love Robyn reveals she’s moving to Liverpool.

Lloyd wages war on Jimmy
Airing Monday, 24th October 2005 at 20:30 on ITV1

A stunned Danny is trying desperately to make sense of Mike’s bombshell. He wants to punch Mike on behalf of his cuckolded father and is furious that his whole life has now been thrown into disarray. With everything he had taken for granted now proved to be a lie, he decides he needs to speak to the one other person who can answer all his questions - his mum, Viv.

The cab wars show no sign of settling down and Lloyd is treated to a visit from Jimmy. He tries reasoning with Jimmy but when Kelly arrives and they both get a taste of Jimmy's racist bigotry, Lloyd decides that there is no more Mr Nice Guy and all out war is declared.

Cilla is determined to have the cake of her dreams to go with the rest of her wedding. Les once more takes up the challenge and, whilst Yana chats up an unsuspecting Diggory, he sneaks into the bakery and snaffles the best cake in the shop!

Elsewhere, Ashley is not happy that Claire has gone back to work and Janice is furious that the pickets are not showing the level of commitment to the strike that she would like.

Ronnie feels guilty
Airing Wednesday, 26th October 2005 at 19:30 on ITV1

Mike is worried that Danny hasn't come back to work and with the girls still out on strike the Baldwin empire is looking decidedly rocky. Swift action is called for and Mike gives Adam a lesson in industrial relations as he executes an ingenious plan to get the girls back to work. Meanwhile Danny is trying to unravel his life at Viv's and finding it increasingly difficult to cope with everything that has happened to him recently.

The staff are on edge at streetcars and Eileen is concerned when Tracy drops Amy off at the office. Knowing that Jimmy is capable of anything, Eileen packs Ronnie off home to Steve's flat with the baby – a red rag to a bull to Tracy who is furious when she finds out. Steve knows he has to sort this mess out and Ronnie can't help feeling guilty that she has brought Steve nothing but trouble since she came into his life.

Kirk's latest Herculean task is proving tricky. He wants to be best man but getting hold of one of Blanche's girdles is not exactly easy! He spots his opportunity though and succeeds - now all he has to do is return it without her noticing.

Elsewhere, Sally is taken for a ride by Janice who makes her pay for not joining the strike.

Danny tries to confide in Frankie
Airing Friday, 28th October 2005 at 19:30 on ITV1

Danny is desperate to talk to somebody about the events of the last few days and decides that he needs to confide in Frankie. She is stunned by what he tells her and she can't help but feel sympathy for everything he has gone through. But will sympathy be enough for her to give Danny another chance and give their marriage one more try?

Meanwhile, Mike realises that he has to tell Adam the truth about Danny. How will Adam react when he discovers that the man he thought was his cousin is in fact his half brother and how will Jamie deal with the news that Mike is his grandad?

Having succeeded with the 'girdle task', Kirk is now set the challenge of bringing home a wild boar. Having no luck catching one of Keith's pigs, he does a bit of lateral thinking. But Les and Cilla are less than impressed with his efforts!

Elsewhere, Norris is furious when Rita gets her own back on him over the new sign for the Kabin and Sarah is getting increasingly frustrated at Scooter's lack of ambition.

Richie_lecturer
15-10-2005, 13:37
Apart from Diggory and the pig storyline with Keith, looks like another week of quality episodes from Corrie.

Debs
15-10-2005, 21:57
sounds like a good week

alan45
15-10-2005, 22:14
sounds like a good week

What else can you expect from Britains No. 1 soap :cheer:

Debs
16-10-2005, 11:51
well sometimes it not that great it got better the last few weeks buit sometimes i find it just as boring as a certaoin other!

lollymay
16-10-2005, 12:49
its got better again with the danny/jamie/leanne/rankie love triangle thing. that has been really good over the past few weeks.

inkyskin
16-10-2005, 13:38
Sounds the same old boring,boring,boring.

It's a shame that corrie chiefs have to keep using slapstick comedy to keep them in the same league as Eastenders and Emmerdale. :searchme:
Take away the comedy and what would you have left? a big fat nothing.
Looks like i'll be giving corrie yet another miss this week. :wall:

alkalinetrio
16-10-2005, 13:41
i only watch it really if there isnt anything else to watch on tv

Debbie Meadows
18-10-2005, 10:48
Who’s your daddy?
‘Now it’s very apparent to him why he leads the sort of life he does.’ Danny learns the truth from Mike and sees an explanation for his behaviour, says actor Bradley Walsh.

Why does Mike tell Danny?
Because he’s been holding the secret for too long now, I think he just needs to share it. Obviously Penny knows, but the person that Mike feels really needs to know is Danny to see if they can both get on.

How does Danny feel when he finds out?
He’s devastated and I think simple because Harry was a decent man, he wasn’t like Mike, he didn’t go down the pub and tell stories like Jack the Lad, he was a nice guy.

Of course, Danny isn’t a particularly nice person either, he is his father’s son without a shadow of a doubt. Harry was very quiet and hard working, boring really and he and Harry didn’t get on very well.

So now he knows why he is like he is?
Now it’s very apparent to him why he leads the sort of life he does. Sleeping with Leanne and trying to bed Sunita and anyone with a pretty face – he just flashes his eyes at them and away they go. Of course, it gives him a justification for why he’s like he is, which is not necessarily a good thing!

So does he blame Mike for making him like he is?
Yeah, that’s exactly what he’s doing, he’s blaming it all on the past and it’s a shame because he always though that there was a decent bit of Harry in him, but of course there isn’t. He is what he is and that’s a bit pf a predator like Mike.

So does it make him feel closer to Mike?
No I don’t think he feels closer at all. While I don’t know any of the future storylines, I think they’ll drift further and further apart.

Would Danny have preferred to have found out when he was younger?
Yes, he certainly thinks that would have been better. If Mike and his mum had come clean all those years ago to Harry and Danny then that would’ve been sorted out and Danny would not have lived a lie and would have realised that he’s just like his dad.

But now he’s having affair after affair, he’s lost his wife, his business is going down the pan, he’s lost the man he believed was his dad and he’s lost his son – everything! He can’t help thinking that none of that would have happened if had known earlier that Mike was his dad.

Are the scenes really emotional when he finds out?
They are, but understated. He doesn’t break down and cry. We’ve discussed some scenes and it has been decided that he would not show that much emotion. Danny Baldwin does not show his feelings, he just gets on with it.

Why is Danny so successful with women?
Well if you went out with Danny Baldwin you would love it, and if they married him they think they can change him, and they can’t. He’s untameable, but all the women love him for some reason.

kerry4nigel
19-10-2005, 16:59
This sounds good. bradley walsh and johnny briggs are good actors and hopefully we'll get to see some good acting from them both next week. i love danny. It will also be interesting to see how other characters take the news and become involved such as frankie, jamie, and adam. Can't wait!!

Richie_lecturer
19-10-2005, 17:04

It's a shame that corrie chiefs have to keep using slapstick comedy to keep them in the same league as Eastenders and Emmerdale. :searchme:

Well the Comedy over the summer is easing off and the quality of dramatic storylines is taking its place. I wouldn't say Corrie is comedy orientated atm. Two months ago maybe yes but not so much now imo. :)

Kaydie
19-10-2005, 17:08
I think its getting a bit better, Cant stand that Martin Platt storyline tho, I soooo boring :thumbsdow

Richie_lecturer
19-10-2005, 17:09
I'll agree with you on that one, oh and the pig storyline too.

Kaydie
19-10-2005, 17:21
Ohhhh dont get me started on those pigs, I mean they get more airtime than some of the actors on the show!

Richie_lecturer
19-10-2005, 17:27
Every time I watch those pig scenes I get this awful rash(er). :o

alan45
19-10-2005, 18:57

Sorry these storylines were not comedy

Gail and phil
Steve and Ronnie
Shelley and Charlie
to name but three

and I certainly dont find Alzheimers funny :angry:

We still have Danny and Leeanne

magtart
20-10-2005, 14:25

I totally agree with you, Corrie is snore city. Good news that Shelley is leaving though

Richie_lecturer
20-10-2005, 14:47
In your opinion of course. :)

I don't mind Shelley leaving either. She was a bit wooden at times I have to admit, even though I'm one of the very few who enjoyed the Shelley/Charlie storyline. Hopefully they'll bring a new strong woman back behind the Rovers next Summer to replace Sally Lindsay. :)

magtart
20-10-2005, 14:52
Why dont we suggest that Norris flips out, and in a fit of anger and madness shots everyone (like what happend in Dynasty!). Now that I would watch :thumbsup:

Siobhan
20-10-2005, 15:01
Why dont we suggest that Norris flips out, and in a fit of anger and madness shots everyone (like what happend in Dynasty!). Now that I would watch :thumbsup:

Norris is not physcotic enough to do it but David Platt is a different matter..

magtart
20-10-2005, 15:09
Who cares who does it, as long as someone does do it. But I agree with you about David Platt. They could blame it on his "emotional" backgroud - Parents divorced, Serial Killer for a step-father, his own father dating Katie Harris and his sister have 2 pregnacies under the age of 16! No wait!, they will probably let him off of compassionate grouds.

Siobhan
20-10-2005, 15:11
And once they see his mum, they will be asking why he didn't do it ages ago :rotfl: