PDA

View Full Version : Devon Seas

Bryan
12-10-2005, 16:08
http://x10.putfile.com/10/28409354465.gif

DEVON SEAS

LIFE IN DEVON IS ANYTHING BUT PEACEFUL

Watch out folks as a new soap Devon Seas is soon to be hitting SoapBoards! Set in the ficitional Devon holiday village of Baymoore, Devon Seas tells the stories of the workers and residents of Baymoore and the almighty Taylor family who lord it up over the other at Jenkins Manor. From the elegance and family feuds of Dallas to the down to earth friendliness of Coronation Street, from the passionate and explosive storylines of Emmerdale to the light-hearted youth of Hollyoaks. The show has elements of all soaps past and present, making it a show that everyone will enjoy

COMING SOON TO A SCRIPT FORUM NEAR YOU!

big bro fan
13-10-2005, 16:44
Sounds intresting cant wait

Skits
13-10-2005, 17:05
should be interesting.

bakedbean
13-10-2005, 17:18
This looks great good luck (: (:

Layne
13-10-2005, 21:32
Can't ait honey! PM me when ya start posting it or gimme a nudge on msn!!!!!
I am BB number 1 fan!!! xxx Good luck babe! x

Bryan
13-10-2005, 21:43
Can't ait honey! PM me when ya start posting it or gimme a nudge on msn!!!!!
I am BB number 1 fan!!! xxx Good luck babe! x

awww bless ya hun thats so kind!!!

Layne
13-10-2005, 21:45
Oh ok !!! was just telling the truth!!!! hehe!!! I should make my self a badge! lol, or a banner yeh great idea!!!!

hazey
13-10-2005, 23:00
looking forward to reading this, like my fiction/drama on here.

Bryan
15-10-2005, 18:11
prior to posting episode 1 tomorrow, here is the information on all the characters and locations in the show:

http://www.soapboards.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=29949

Bryan
18-10-2005, 18:21
1 hour 40 mins till episode 1 launches!

Bryan
18-10-2005, 20:11
DEVON SEAS

EPISODE 1:

Rock Bottom

Written By Bryan Turner

Bryan
18-10-2005, 20:15
SCENE 1 – EXT. DEVON ROADS – DAY

“The Cardigans - My Favourite Game” plays, a view of the sunrise reflecting in the water can be seen.

Quick change to a red convertible speeding down an empty road, close to a beach, at first we see the back of the car from a distance then sides views, then an aerial shot as it winds rounds the narrow Devon roads.

A close up shot of the back of a woman, she long blonde hair blows in the wind, camera turns to show her sunglasses on, she is smiling

Her manicured hands change gear, then we see her driving the steering wheel

Various quick shots of the beach and landscape, and the car speeding down the roads

She takes off her sunglasses, we see the face of Tanya Donagoon.

More shots of the scenery to establish where the show is set

The car speeds past a sign that says Welcome To Baymoore, the shot stays on this for a bit

INTERCUT:

EXT. JENKINS MANOR - DAY

TANYA’s car speeds into a large stately home, the car skids on the gravelled drive and pulls up. the music is cut short.

Close up shot of the door opening and TANYA’s long bronzed legs wearing high heels get out the car. In the distance their is an argument, RICHARD, is confronting a delivery man.

RICHARD: You fool! I ordered 40 crates not 14!

TANYA:(laughs to self) Welcome to the mad house.

TANYA walks towards her father, and the pair walk across the gardens of Jenkins Manor, passing tents and vans on their way.

RICHARD: Tanya dear, what brings you over hear so early love?

TANYA: I thought I’d come over and see if I could give you a hand organising the party…

RICHARD: …oh no its all be taken care of…

TANYA:… looks like it, you nearly snapped that poor blokes head off then…

RICHARD: … yes well I cant be working with imbeciles, not today, we need this to be the best party ever held here at Jenkins Manor, do the family proud…

TANYA: … are you sure you can handle it on your own? I don’t wont you having a coronary just because you want to wow the crowds dad… I don’t mind helping…

RICHARD: Look I know what I’m doing, now why don’t you go into Torquay and go and buy yourself something nice for tonight, make Gary proud to show off his wife…

TANYA: I’m not a possession dad

RICHARD: I never said you was dear, now go on take it…

RICHARD gives TANYA a wod of money.

TANYA: I can buy my own clothes…

RICHARD: Nonsense, if I can’t spoil my favourite child every now and again then what’s this world coming to eh?

TANYA: Dad, make sure you don’t let Nick or Ed hear that… parents aren’t meant to have favourites…

RICHARD: We all do things we’re not meant to Tanya. Anyways I’d best get back to sort out these idiots!

TANYA: (laughs) OK then…

TANYA walks off, RICHARD shoots at another delivery man.

RICHARD: Are you mentally challenged man? Champagne is not left at room temperature! Get a move on!

TANYA smiles to herself, and head off.

CUT TO:

Bryan
18-10-2005, 20:19
SCENE 2 INT. 2 ELMCROFT CLOSE KITCHEN - DAY

The Andrews’ Kitchen. JAMES is sitting down at the breakfast table reading the post. VAL is making breakfast and dancing to the radio.

JAMES: You are cordially invited to the Baymoore 30th Anniversary Party at Jenkins Manor… he’s got another thing coming if he thinks we’re going to that!

VAL: Speak for yourself James, I could do with a good party, because lets face it no-ones going to turn up to your one are they?

JAMES: Thanks for making me feel better about myself darling, not only is it bad enough that I am 50 today, but I’m being told that I’d loose in a popularity contest with Richard bloomin’ Taylor.

CLAIRE storms down the staircase.

VAL: Put it this way, who’d choose cocktail sausages and cheery tango over champagne and vola…oh whatever they’re called.

CLAIRE walks into the room.

CLAIRE: Voulevants.

VAL: Oh she finally emerges… where’s the other ugly sister?

CLAIRE: Charming…Emma is upstairs, hogging up the bathroom…
happy birthday Dad.

CLAIRE kisses her dad and hands him a card.

CLAIRE: I’ll give you your present later dad…

VAL: Which means she hasn’t brought one yet…

CLAIRE: You know me so well mom…

They all laugh.

JAMES: It’d better be a gooden, I’ve had enough socks and book vouchers to last a lifetime, half a century is quite a landmark these days…

CLAIRE: You’ll see at your party tonight...

VAL: That’s if he has a party…

CLAIRE: What dya mean “if he has a party”, us Andrews are famous for them!

JAMES: So are “them” ruddy Taylors, of all the days to hold their gala ceremony they do it today!

VAL: And everyone will go there!

CLAIRE: Well its our job to make that come to our one then isn’t it?

JAMES: That’s the spirit Claire, you wanna listen to her Val, she’ll make sure her dad has a good day…

VAL: I think we need to formulate a plan then don’t you? Let’s meet up at the Rum at lunch?

CUT TO:

Bryan
18-10-2005, 20:21
SCENE 3 – EXT. THE RED RUM PUBLIC HOUSE - DAY

Exterior shot of the Red Rum, showing the pub sign.

INTERCUT:

INT. THE RED RUM PUBLIC HOUSE – DAY

PATRICK is unloading bottles from a crate in the main bar. AMY walks down the staircase, and heads into the bar. She is dressed in a silky nightdress.

AMY: You’re up early…come back to bed…

PATRICK: I’ve had enough sleep thanks

AMY: I wasn’t thinking about sleep

PATRICK: Well you can stop thinking about whatever your thinking of because im not coming back to bed…

AMY: What is it with you Patrick? Your never in the mood for it anymore… or is it me your not in the mood for…?

PATRICK: Don’t be so stupid woman!

AMY: Well what am I meant to think?

PATRICK: Not a great lot you’re a woman, now get some clothes on and help me with the unloading!

AMY: You make me sick sometimes Patrick!

PATRICK: Welcome to my world Amy!

AMY gives up, and runs back upstairs, and slams a door, PATRICK shudders with the sound. He gets a text message:

HEY SEXY, IM MISIN U, CAN WE MEET UP L8ER, IVE GOT A PRESENT 4 U. LUV…

PATRICK smiles to himself.

CUT TO:

Bryan
18-10-2005, 20:25
SCENE 4 INT. JENKINS MANOR ED’S ROOM – DAY

ED, is sitting on his bed, dressed in a dressing gown. Loud music rock music is blasting out from his stereo. He gets a phone call, it says Craig is calling. ED lowers his music and answers the phone nervously:

EDWARD: (into phone) er…hello craig…erm…what can I do for you?

INTERCUT:

INT. ABAONDENED WAREHOUSE - DAY

A rundown warehouse, location for CRAIG HARVEYS iggeal gangster dealings. We see a fancy office, overlooking an empty warehouse. We see a desk with some papers on it, a parker pen, a gun and some wads of money. All we see of craig is his smart suit.

CRAIG: You know why I’m calling Ed… you’ve got 12 hours to get me my money before I sent someone round to do you damage, tick tock…

INTERCUT:

INT. JENKINS MANOR ED’S ROOM - DAY

EDWARD: Look Craig… um…

CRAIG hangs up. ED puts down his phone and runs his hands trough his hair in worry. He stars to snort some cocaine, when all of a sudden the door bursts open, and in marches RICHARD.

EDWARD: Hey! You can’t just storm in here…!

ED quickly puts the magazine laced with cocaine to one side.

RICHARD: It’s my house and I’ll do what I bloody like! Is there any need to play your music so loud!

EDWARD:The louder the better paps, what’s the problem? We live miles away from civilization, nobody can here it!

RICHARD: I can hear it! Blasting out loud, it’s giving me a headache!

EDWARD: (Patronising) Oh did dums.

RICHARD: Don’t take that tone with me Edward, I’m your father show me some respect.

EDWARD: “Respect” is something that you earn, it’s not instantaneous. You treat me like a little kid…

RICHARD: Because you are! You’re 18 years of age, you should have snapped out of this behaviour, I’m sick of your attitude and unnecessary back-chat!

EDWARD: Oh shut up.

ED wipes his nose uncomfortably; RICHARD can tell that he has been snorting cocaine. ED realises this and quickly tries to hide the remaining cocaine. RICHARD rushes over and tackles ED.

EDWARD: Let go off me!

Richard grabs the magazine with the cocaine on it.

RICHARD: Drugs? Now there’s a surprise! I thought you’d come off all this!

EDWARD: It’s and addiction, it’s not as easy as you think!

RICHARD: I think you and me need a serious talk, don’t you?

ED shows a disapproving look.

CUT TO:

Bryan
18-10-2005, 20:28
SCENE 5 INT. VAL’S HAIRDRESSERS – DAY

VAL is cutting MARGARET’s hair, JOSIE and ANNIE are having their hair done by other hairdressers. EMMA is sitting on the waiting area sofa, texting someone.

VAL: So then ladies do you fancy coming to James’ birthday bash tonight?

ANNIE: No can do I’m afraid Val, me and Eddie have been invited to Richard’s celebrations.

VAL: Josie? What about you two?

JOSIE: I’m going with Annie

MARGARET: And I’m staying at home and watching Midsummer Murders.

VAL: Typical! Nice to see that no-one wants to see James have a good birthday. You know you really shouldn’t be going up to Jenkins Manor, Richard Taylor… he’s been seeing his secretary 30 years his senior!

JOSIE: He has not!

VAL: Believe me! Carol from the post office told me…

ANNIE: God that’s just disgusting! He’s older enough to be her granddad!

VAL: Exactly and you want to go to a party hosted by a paediatrician!

EMMA: The word is paedophile, and you don’t know if its true, very meaning its slander, and Richard could sue you for that, is it worth being fine just so you can get people to dad’s party?

MARGARET, JOSIE and ANNIE “ohhhh” at VAL and laugh.

MARGARET: That told you Val!

VAL: Yes thank you Margaret, (to Emma) and enough of your lip missy! Go on off you go to school!

VAL shoves EMMA out of the shop. The old women laugh at her.

VAL: And you lot can forget about your OAP discounts aswell!

VAL is unhappily defeated…for now.

CUT TO:

Bryan
18-10-2005, 20:34
SCENE 6 INT. JENKINS MANOR KITCHEN - DAY

ED is sitting down at the kitchen table. RICHARD is circling him giving him a lecture.

RICHARD: Time and time again you promise me you’ll stop it… you’ll say your coming clean… and like a fool I believe you!

EDWARD: Your over-reacting dad, its only…

RICHARD: Don’t you dare say “its only”, drugs are bad business Ed, they mess up your head! Do you think I want to bury my son before I die?

EDWARD: (sarcastic) Oh stop dad, you might get me thinking that you actually care about me.

RICHARD: Don’t come that one Edward! Of course I care for you…

EDWARD: You have a funny way of showing it!

RICHARD: You need to be disciplined! You need to know what you do is wrong!

EDWARD: It’s always been the same, since day one you’ve always hated me, god knows why…

RICHARD: You’re my son how can I “hate” you?

RICHARD sits down to have a serious discussion.

EDWARD: I don’t know, it’s just like you’ve never loved me as much as the others. Nick is your golden boy, the son from the woman that you loved…then you went for scrappy seconds with mom… Tanya being your golden girl, your favourite of the three, and me well I’m just the unwanted child, the disappointment… the one you’ve never cared about treated right, and now that mom’s dead, well I’ve got no-one…

RICHARD Wow, where’s this come from all of a sudden?

EDWARD: Oh its been bubbling up inside me for years…and you know deep down that it’s true dad.

RICHARD bows his head in shame, he dosen’t reply.

EDWARD See I was right! I knew it! You’ve never given a toss about me!

INTERCUT:

INT. JENKINS MANOR HALLWAY– DAY

TANYA has just walked into the hallway, carrying a designer shopping bag. She hears the shouting and approaches the kitchen slowly.

INTERCUT:

INT. JENKINS MANOR KITCHEN – DAY

RICHARD: There’s no denying certain facts! You weren’t planned! But we kept you! And I’ve brought you up well… give you everything you could need!

EDWARD: Except the main thing I’ve ever wanted!

RICHARD: What is it? Just say and I’ll buy it for you!

EDWARD: (laughs to self) “Money Can’t Buy You Love” It’s true, you may have millions, but what use is that to me if you don’t love me! I’ve never wanted your poxy millions, I’d be happy living on the streets if I knew my dad loved me!

RICHARD: Well that isn’t going to happen! I cant change the ways things are or have turned out! Things are meant to be for a reason! Like you being a druggie! You earn love as far as im concerned! And if you don’t like my money and this house then you might aswell leave! You’ve made it clear that you want to do it!

EDWARD storms up from his seat just as TANYA comes in.

EDWARD: (emotional) Do you know what? Go to hell!

EDWARD storms out of the kitchen crying. TANYA gives RICHARD a disapproving look.

CUT TO:

Bryan
18-10-2005, 20:39
SCENE 7 INT. JENKINS MANOR ED’S BEDROOM – DAY

ED wipes the tears away from his face, and keeps his head low. TANYA sits on the end of his bed.

TANYA: It tears me apart, seeing you like this you know…

ED: Oh I’m sorry to be some what of an inconvenience sis; it isn’t all hearts and flowers for me either…

TANYA: Look Ed, there’s no need to be snappy, its me… you don’t need to put up a defence, I’m your sister…you can tell me anything, it’s always been me and you against the world, your problems are my problems…

ED: You won’t be so sympathetic when I tell you what’s wrong…

TANYA: Well I cant say till you tell me can I?

ED: OK…I’m in trouble… big trouble.

TANYA: I knew it! I could tell something was troubling you! Is there anything I can do for you?

ED: No, not unless you can find me 10 grand by tonight..

TANYA: 10 grand! Why Ed what have you done?

ED: Drugs… I’m In debts over drugs…

TANYA: Ed!

ED: I’ve had the lectures from dad! Difference is I think you’d actually care if I died or not?

TANYA: Died?... How serious is this debt Ed? Who are you in debt from?

ED: Craig…

TANYA: Craig Harvey!? Oh No Ed! How stupid could you be?

ED: I know, but when you’ve got an addiction, and you can get drugs on tab…

TANYA: You’ve fell right into his trap, right Ed, we’ve got to arrange things fast

ED: Arrange things? You could get 10 grand no problems, what’s so hard?

TANYA: I don’t think you understand what situation you’ve got yourself into Ed! Craig doesn’t just let grudges go.. even once you’ve paid him he’ll never leave you alone, he’ll make your life hell, he’s a devil Ed… we need to get you out of here… out of Baymoore!

A look of panic on both their faces.

CUT TO:

Bryan
18-10-2005, 20:44
SCENE 8 INT. RED RUM PUBLIC HOUSE – DAY

VAL marches into the RED RUM, dressed tartly, swinging her handbag. AMY, CLAIRE, VICKY and PATRICK are working behind the bar.

VAL Good afternoon people!

AMY Hiya Val, the usual?

VAL Yeah ta Amy, come on Claire…

CLAIRE I’m having my lunch hour, is that okay?

AMY Yeah sure.

AMY is pouring Val’s Vodka and Coke out.

AMY So then Val, you off to the Taylor’s party later?

VAL Are you joking? I’ve got James’ birthday party to plan… and you should be coming to that, show where you loyalties lie…

AMY I’ll try to but I was looking forward to the big bash. Going out later to buy a new dress for it, chance to get myself glammed up…

VAL Courtesy of your master card?

AMY No I’m not stupid, courtesy of Patrick’s.

The pair laugh. AMY hands VAL her drink.

VAL Thanks, how much do I owe you?

AMY Its on the house…

VAL Ta very much!

VAL and CLAIRE head off to sit down, the action focuses on the bar workers.

AMY I’m off out shopping “darling”…

AMY starts to walk out to the corridor.

PATRICK Hey hey! Wait a minute! It’s lunchtime…we’re rushed off our feet…

AMY You seem perfectly comfortable propping up the bar…give Vicky a hand for a change…

PATRICK Can’t you wait an hour?

AMY You should no by now not to get in the way of a woman and her shopping….see you later…

AMY grabs her coat and leaves the pub. Patrick continues talking to Natasha who is on the other side of the bar…

PATRICK Be Jesus! What is it with women? They do my head in…

NATASHA Watch you lipyou! God only made man first because artist make a rough draft before creating a masterpiece…

PATRICK laughs at this.

PATRICK Who told you that load of ****tle?

NATASHA Oh some smooth talker one night in a bar…

VICKY walks towards the pair, having finished serving punters.

VICKY I donno, you still on about your mystery man?

PATRICK What mystery man eh? Something your not letting us into?

VICKY She’s got a secret man on the go…wont tell me who it is tough, I reckon he’s imaginary personally.

NATASHA laughs sarcastically at this comment.

PATRICK Well if he does “exist”, then he’s a very lucky man…

NATASHA Mr O Brian, don’t let your wife be hearing you say that…

PATRICK What the wife dosen’t know, the hubby can get away with…

The three of them laugh at this.

CUT TO:

Bryan
18-10-2005, 20:46
SCENE 9 INT. JENKINS MANOR ED’S ROOM – DAY
TANYA is grabbing clothes from ED’s wardrobe and throwing them on the bed, ED is quickly stuffing them into his bag.

ED You’re overreacting Tan!

TAN No I’m not! I know what Craig’s like! I’ve heard the stories… and they’re true! He crimpled a man once for bashing into his car! He’s violent! And I don’t want you involved with him anymore!

ED Where am I supposed to go? What am I supposed to do? How am I supposed to live? You cant just send me packing and forget about me!

TANYA As if I’d do that you Ed! I’ll sort you out a nice little flat somewhere, far from here, sort you out with a job and everything… look… you carry on packing… and I’ll go and gather some money for you…

ED What about the party? Dad will go mad if you’re not there!

TANYA So what, you’re more important! Meet me at the pier with your bags at 8…

CUT TO:

Bryan
18-10-2005, 20:51
SCENE 10 INT. THE RED RUM PUBLIC HOUSE - DAY

TOM, ROMEO and CHRIS who are standing at the bar, drinking a pint each and checking out the women around the pub.

CHRIS The female body is a beautifully craft thing…

TOM Here goes professor Chris Langden’s lecture on women…

CHRIS So many different varieties, each with their own pros and cons… look their…

VICKY is serving punters behind the bar. The camera stays on her for a while.

CHRIS Take Vicky for example, big up top, big on the behind, just what we like, something to grab hold of… but you don’t won’t to get crushed in the process…

Camera returns to the 3 lads.

ROMEO Easy tiger…

NATASHA is talking to PATRICK, The camera stays on her for a while.

CHRIS And then there’s Natasha… you’ve got your stick insect…nice in a bikini, nice to show off to your friends but not my cup of tea…, then of course there’s all them in between…

Camera returns once more to the 3 lads.

TOM Is it any wonder that your only worthy of one night stands? Honestly you see women as objects or trophies rather than individuals… you really get on my nerves sometimes…

CHRIS (mimicking his moodiness) Oh… who’s Mr grumpy today?

ROMEO At least Chris can get a girlfriend Tom! When was it you last had a women in your life…other than your mother.

CHRIS and ROMEO laugh.

TOM Oh just grow up you stupid idiots!

TOM storms out of the pub. CHRIS and ROMEO laugh it off.

CLAIRE Romeo! Chris! Over hear a second!

ROMEO and CHRIS head towards VAL and CLAIRE.

VAL Come on lads, take a seat… we need your help…

ROMEO sits down next to CLAIRE and kisses her, she snuggles up to her. Chris sits down too…

CLAIRE You okay hun?

ROMEO Yeah I’m fine thanks, Chris has just been checking out the honies at the bar…

CLAIRE I hope you wasn’t joining him!

ROMEO Why would I when I’ve got you…

VAL Um people please, don’t sidetrack….we have an important issue here. James’ bash, we need a venue, we need guests, and we need booze…

CLAIRE Hey paddy!

PATRICK What?

CLAIRE We’re having a party hear tonight…

PATRICK But…

CLAIRE No arguments…staff discount aswell…

Patrick dosen’t attempt to argue with her.

CLAIRE Well that’s the venue sorted,

VAL A venue is no good, if you’ve no one to be there is it? So lads we need you to help us convince everyone that our party will be better than mr snooty’s alright?

CHRIS We’ve got work…

VAL Nonsense, I’m having none of this “work” crap… I want you to get as many people on side as possible…

ROMEO Why can’t you do it?

VAL Because I’ve got work…

CHRIS attempts to argue but VAL continues.

CLAIRE And booze?

VAL The most important thing, I’ve got a plan… us 4 and Ems, we go up to this bash later on up at Jenkins Manor…show our faces and knick as much booze and grub as we can for our party…

CLAIRE Mom! You can’t do that?

VAL I can and I am… so are you lot gonna help or what?

They all attempt to argue once more, but Val interrupts them.

VAL Great! Well bring on tonight then!

Val rubs her hands together in delight and smiles, no-one else does.

CUT TO:

Bryan
18-10-2005, 20:54
SCENE 11 EXT. JENKINS MANOR – NIGHT

A brief shot of Jenkins Manor, various cars parked on the driveway, lights shining trough the windows, people walking into the mansion, dressed in formal clothes.

INTERCUT:

INT. JENKINS MANOR HALLWAY - NIGHT

Guests are walking into the large entrance hall of Jenkins Manor. RICHARD is welcoming his guests and directing them towards to the main hall.

RICHARD (gesturing direction) Just in there sir Geoffrey…

KASH and SANJITA walk in.

RICHARD Ah… Kashmir…Sanjita…glad you could make it….

KASH shakes hands with RICHARD.

KASH Wouldn’t miss it for the world Richard…

RICHARD Good, good, just trough there, help yourself to a glass of bubbly…

REBECCA walks in. It is clear they are good friends, RICHARD walks towards her and hugs her.

RICHARD Rebecca! How are you my dear?

REBECCA Good as ever… bet you’re really looking forward to tonight aren’t you?

RICHARD A celebration of such hard work… I’ll speak to you later… enjoy yourself…

REBECCA heads off into the main hall. In walks VAL, CLAIRE and EMMA.

VAL (whispers) Act naturally girls, I’ll distract him…

RICHARD Good evening ladies… nice to see your dressed for the occasion…

EMMA You trying to be funny?

RICHARD (laughs to self)
Oh course not! Glad you could back it, hope you all have a fantastic evening.

CLAIRE and EMMA walk into the great hall.

VAL Um Richard could I have a quick word please?

VAL takes RICHARD to one side, and makes sure he dosen’t face the door. CHRIS and ROMEO run into the great hall.

CUT TO:

Bryan
18-10-2005, 20:56
SCENE 12 INT. RED RUM PUBLIC HOUSE – NIGHT

The bar is empty except for a tipsy JAMES and a bored PATRICK.

JAMES How come my life is filled with short straws eh Paddy?
PATRICK What are you blabbing on about now James?

JAMES Well life is filled with lucky chances ent it?

PATRICK What’s this got to do with straws?

JAMES Lucky chances are like straws in the sand, of all the chances I have, I seem to for ever and a day draw the short straw…

PATRICK You haven’t got a clue what your on about you drunken old fool.

JAMES Oh I do my old friend, you see him upstairs dictates how our lives turn out…

PATRICK Be jesus, don’t tell me you believe in all this religious ****tle?

JAMES I donno, but something’s gotta explain why blokes like Richard Taylor lord it up at the manor whilst we live in 3 bed roomed semis.

PATRICK Yeah money, it makes the world go round… that and sex.

JAMES No money isn’t it! You see life’s a game of chance, he had the long straw, he was born into wealth, he does nothing to get his money, where as us normal people graft all our lives and get nowhere near as much!

PATRICK Your just bitter because of that silly little feud you two have going on…

JAMES It’s been going on for over 20 years Paddy, it’s hardly silly Paddy, I have my principals.

PATRICK You need to put it to rest pal, and face facts, you’ll always be a common 3 bed roomed semi owner and he’ll always be lord of the manor.

JAMES Maybe but you can see my point, how unfair it is…

PATRICK Yeah well life is unfair, so you should deal with it mate…

CUT TO:

Bryan
18-10-2005, 21:00
SCENE 13 INT. JENKINS MANOR ED’S ROOM – NIGHT

Ed is in his bedroom, he grabs his bag and is about to leave the room, he stops and looks at a family picture of him, TANYA, RICHARD, NICK, GARY, MELISSA, JACOB and DOREEN. He looks at it, smiles and then places it flat down on the cabinet. He heads out of his room.

CUT TO:

SCENE 14 INT. JENKINS MANOR GREAT HALL – Night

The great hall is filled with guests drinking and talking. RICHARD walks in and approaches NICK.

RICHARD Nick…have you seen Tanya?

NICK No…um I think she went out… do you want me to go find her?

RICHARD No it’s too late now, right then…

RICHARD walks to the piano and hits a glass to get everyones attention. The pianist stops playing, the room falls silent.

RICHARD Well firstly I’d like to thank you all for coming here tonight… it’s so nice to see so many familiar faces, family friends, business owners, and some uninvited guests aswell…

The room look at the Bachelor Boys who laugh it off.

RICHARD …But this is a time for celebration, so everyone is welcome to look back on 30 years of the Baymoore holiday village as we know it today…

RICHARD rests against the piano ready to make his speech. NICK turns to GARY.

NICK (uninterested) Here we go…

RICHARD Over half a century ago Baymoore was merely a small Devonshire fishing village. A hamlet of houses and the Red Rum public house…

AMY smiles at this, happy to know she owns a piece of Baymoore’s history.

RICHARD However my father saw the potential that Baymoore had. Its stunning scenery could easily captivate the imaginations of many a holidaymaker. Over a number of years he planned and eventually built the Baymoore Holiday village park, and to accompany it the numerous houses and shops that you all live, work and socialise. 30 years on Baymoore is a strong tourist destination, thanks to the Taylor family and to you. I propose a toast: to Baymoore, may your success continue! To Baymoore!

The guests toast “to Baymoore”. ED walks into the hall a large sports bad in his hands.

Bryan
18-10-2005, 21:03
ED The Taylor family, that’s a laugh!

GARY Ed, don’t cause a scene…

ED A daddy’s boy, a dozy bint and a smack head ruled by an arrogant control freak with two failed marriages behind him!

RICHARD Edward!

The room is silent, some guests have shocked expressions on their faces, others are delighted at such drama. Nick approaches his brother to shut him up.

NICK Leave off ‘eh?

ED Get off me!...this family is a farce! And he (points to RICHARD) is too single-minded to realise it!

NICK Just shut it Ed!

ED No, I want to say what I really think, and then I’m gone… for good…

Richard walks towards Ed menacingly.

RICHARD Go! See if I give a damn! Infact good riddance to you! I’ve had enough that I can tolerate of you! The only farce in this family is you! I’m ashamed to even call you a son!

VAL (Whispers to AMY) God, this is better than Trisha!

ED That’s right let it all out, what you really think of me! You’ve never loved me!

RICHARD violently grabs ED and marches him out of the house, guests follow, fascinated by the scene.

RICHARD And is it any wonder! You’ve been nothing but trouble! You’re an alcoholic, a drug addict, and a criminal. With not a single qualification to your name or any prospects in life! The only thing you’ve ever succeeded in is ruining your life and the family around you!

VAL (Whispers to AMY) Easy Tiger!

INTERCUT:

EXT. JENKINS MANOR – NIGHT

RICHARD and ED’s argument continues outside on the gravelled driveway, an audience of guests peering trough the windows and doors.

ED I hate you!

RICHARD Well that makes two of us! You’re no son of mine! I want you out of this house and out of my life…for good!

RIHCARD throws ED violently to the ground; ED cuts his hand on the jagged gravel. He is practically in tears.

Bryan
18-10-2005, 21:05
ED How can you do this to me?

Richard throws Ed’s bag out besides him, his clothes fall out all over the driveway.

RICHARD Good Riddance!

INTERCUT:

INT. JENKINS MANOR GREAT HALL – NIGHT

RICHARD marches back into Jenkins Manor.

ED (o.s) Dad!

RICHARD walks into the hall, where VAL, CLAIRE, EMMA, CHRIS and ROMEO are stashing bottles of champagne and food into there jackets and cleavages and under their arms.

VAL Richard…um…we’re…

RICHARD Oh just take them and get out!

Some of the guests reappear at the entrance of the great hall. They all grab as many bottles as she can and runs off.

RICHARD Go on, all of you just get out!

The offended guests quietly walk off. REBECCA approaches RICHARD for comfort.

REBECCA Richard dear…

RICHARD (Bellows) Get out!

Everyone leaves, RICHARD throws a bottle at a large antique mirror in anger, the mirror smashes all over the floor.

INTERCUT:

Bryan
18-10-2005, 21:09
EXT. JENKINS MANOR – NIGHT

Some guests are starting to walk and drive off, others are still gathered around ED who is sobbing on the floor.

Val waves the champagne bottles in the air with triumph.

VAL Come on folks! The party’s back on at mine!

Many people cheer and follow VAL out of Jenkins Manor. GARY and NICK are still by ED offering him comfort. GARY begins to lift ED off the floor.

ED I can’t believe it, he’s practically disowned me!

GARY Come on, up ya get, you can stay and mine and Tan’s.

ED Don’t worry Gaz, I don’t give a damn anymore. As I’ve said already, I’m leaving this place for good. I’m gonna come off the smack…clean up my act… and make a fresh start somewhere else, far away from here…

NICK Look bro, there’s no need, we’re here for you, we can help you get trough it…

ED It’s no good this place is filled with too many bad memories…and people…

ED unlocks his car, and flings his bag in the back.

ED So then, I guess this is it…

GARY and Nick hug him and wish him well.

GARY Good luck Mate…

NICK Keep safe, bro…

ED I will do… don’t worry I’ll be back…someday if only to teach that jerk a lesson…. Tara.

ED smiles, wipes a tear away from his face and gets in his car and speeds off.

INTERCUT:

INT. JENKINS MANOR GREAT HALL – NIGHT

RICHARD is sitting on the piano chair, drinking a glass of whisky. REBECCA nervously walks towards him.

RICHARD It’s okay, you can come in.

REBECCA I don’t what to say dear, I feel for you honestly I do…

RICHARD He’s humiliated me…infront of everyone I know… yet I can’t help feeling guilty…

REBECCA We all loose our temper now and again Richard, what’s done is done…all you can do is apologise and move on…there’s no point in dwelling on it.

RICHARD Has he gone Rebecca?

REBECCA I think so yes…

RICHARD Well that’s it then, we’re finished, he’ll never forgive me for this…never…

Richard starts to get emotional, Rebecca hugs him in comfort.

REBECCA Hey what’s all this…? What’s happened to the Richard Taylor I know? Who dosen’t let anything get him down? You’re a fighter, you’ll get trough this, both of you will and you’ll be stronger for it.

RICHARD I hope so Rebecca, I really do…

CUT TO:

Bryan
18-10-2005, 21:13
SCENE 15 EXT. DEVON COUNTRY ROADS – NIGHT

VAL, AMY, CLAIRE and EMMA are walking down the road, champagne bottles in hands, singing and dancing, with many people following behind them.

VAL (Singing to Pink) I’m coming out so you better get this party started! Shammon!

Val jumps up in the air and falls funny on her heels, luckily CLAIRE and EMMA catch her. They are laugh drunkenly.

CUT TO:

SCENE 16 EXT. DEVON CLIFFTOP – NIGHT

ED is standing at the top of a cliff, looking down at Val and the residents walking home. He smiles, knowing this will be the last time he sees Baymoore. All of a sudden, a dark stranger creeps up behind him and covers his mouth, ED Can hardly breath.

CRAIG Guess who?

ED Mumbles, Craig lets go of him, ED breaths heavily.

CRAIG Off anywhere nice?

ED (Scared) Craig…um..err…

CRAIG grabs ED tightly, staring at him menacingly.

CRAIG Doing a runner were you? Thought you’d try and escape me?

ED No…I wasn’t Craig I swear!

CRAIG Don’t lie to me Ed! You were gonna leave without paying me my money! (pause) Well guess what times run out Ed, I want my money back, and I want it now!

ED I…erm…I haven’t got it.

CRAIG Oh dear, then it appears that we have a bit of problem then dosen’t it?

ED Look Craig…

CRAIG I’ve had it with your empty promises and pafetic excuses. If you haven’t got my money then you’ll have to pay it back some other way…

ED What other way?

CRAIG I’ve had a tip-off from a copper mate of mine, knows of some warehouse, filled with over a mill’ of smack, the police are raiding it first thing in the morning…unless someone beats them to it.

ED You want me to rob it?

CRAIG It’ll pay off your debt and I’ll be very happy, not to mention thilthy rich… after that I never want yto see your smacked up face around her again… dya get me?

ED nervously nods.

CRAIG So then what dya say?

ED I’ve got no choice have I really?

CRAIG No, no you haven’t.

CRAIG smiles menacingly, EDWARD is very scared.

CUT TO:

SCENE 17 INT. RED RUM PUBLIC HOUSE – NIGHT

The party is in full swing, music blasting out, people drinking and dancing, and having a great time. VAL and JAMES are talking.

VAL So then babe, have i done us proud?

JAMES You’ve done great, I knew you would. The Andrews beat the Taylors after all… this has been one of the best birthdays ever.

He kisses Val. Claire fights trough the crowd, she is pale and silent.

VAL Claire love, what’s up?

CLAIRE Just had a call from Aunt Jadie. …Nan’s dead.

Looks of horror on VAL and JAMES’ faces.

CUT TO:

Bryan
18-10-2005, 21:18
SCENE 18 EXT. BAYMOORE PIER – NIGHT

TANYA is waiting nervously on the end of the pier. She is holding a large sports bag filled with money. She looks behind her then dials a number on her phone.

TANYA (into phone) …Hi Ed, call me when you get this… I’ve got the money… where are you?

Craig appears behind her and touches her shoulder, she is scared.

CRAIG Somewhere a long way away from here…

TANYA What have you done to him Craig?

CRAIG I’ve done nothing goldilocks, left of his own accord…

TANYA Don’t lie to me Craig, you might be able to fool some people, but you cant fool me! You’ve been terrorising Ed for ages, he had no choice but to leave!

CRAIG Not such a dumb blonde after all are you…

TANYA attempts to slap CRAIG, but he grabs her arm, and twists it. She screams out in pain.

CRAIG I wouldn’t advice messing with me Tanya… Ed knows what happens when you do…

He lets go of her, she holds her arm in pain.

TANYA If you’ve done anything to hurt him I swear I’ll…

CRAIG Look, all I wanted was my money back, and now’s he’s paid off his debt…

He grabs the bag off Tanya, and looks inside.

CRAIG …plus interest.

TANYA Where is he Craig? What’s happened to him?

CRAIG That’s for me to know and for no-one else to find out about…

TANYA Please Craig!

CRAIG All you need to know is that he’s not coming to Baymoore ever again…and if he dares to show his face around here again, he’s a dead man…

TANYA has a look of worry on her face.

FADE OUT:

END OF SHOW

:cheer: :cheer: OVER AND DONE WITH THANKS FOR READING GUYS :cheer: :cheer:

big bro fan
19-10-2005, 02:34
That was fantastic more soon please

Jessie Wallace
19-10-2005, 15:20
Well Bryan it's brilliant, it's taken me ages to read. Well done, me thinks you might get your dream one day.

xXxJessxXx
19-10-2005, 16:08
wow that was brilliant! Great start! took a long time to read but very good and very interesting! :thumbsup: you have talent, well done :clap: cant wait for more! :cheer:

Luna
20-10-2005, 08:36
:cheer: bravo bryan - it was brilliant!!!

Layne
20-10-2005, 21:30
Well i finally finished it! LOL!

No only joking now honestly honey i know you know what i'm going to write but that was amazing!
I loved it!
I do hope Ed is alrite!

Can't wait for the next part!

Layne
xxx

bakedbean
21-10-2005, 17:05
That was 100% superb well done on your first episode i think you will win the soap awards next year for sure lol!!!!!

Bryan
21-10-2005, 19:48
problem thats gonna arise is each episode takes ages to write and probably will be outputted as 1, maybe 2, per week

which means the storylines wont advance very fast as well you have 5 eps a week of eastenders etc, so basically its gonna take ages for things to happen, and i have so many storylines planned, which is a shame as theyll never get written

do people want me to continue knowing that nothing is going to progress at much of a fast rate?

baileya
21-10-2005, 20:43
of course we want you to continue bondboffin. Your soap is fantastic. All 4 soaps on here are on the rise at the moment.

Bryan
21-10-2005, 21:26
of course we want you to continue bondboffin. Your soap is fantastic. All 4 soaps on here are on the rise at the moment.

i mean when you read the other 3 storylines spped up fast as your eps are shorter...so its like a question of mine will be really slow because of the length and people will soon get bored

xXxJessxXx
21-10-2005, 21:45
i think its great and you should contune. i dont read any of the other un soap related drama scrits so this is really interesting for me to read. your such a great writer that its not as though it wont be interesting with things gogin at a slow pace. soaps my cram things in in a week but dramas on tv are nornaly only on for an hour each week. i say keep up the good work (if you want to of course) its really good and so well writen! :cheer: i'm sure i wont get board of it! :thumbsup:

big bro fan
21-10-2005, 22:39
I dont think there is aproblem with the length of it i mean my scripts are now 24-25 scenes per episode yours are a lot more but there so detailed. If you think there is a prob you could always cut it shorter like me bakedbean and baileya but i think its great so carry :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

bakedbean
22-10-2005, 10:23
You should carry on this is fantastic!!!!

Bryan
22-10-2005, 14:38
this week im going to try and right a few episodes so as i dont have to rush the output...i cant wait to right the arson epsiode! tanya and richard should learn that criag is not a man to be messed with!

bakedbean
22-10-2005, 14:42
sounds good

big bro fan
22-10-2005, 20:42
Sounds excellent cant wait great banner

Bryan
27-10-2005, 14:19
does anyone mind if i reduce the length of each episode

becuase

1) the other soaps are shorter than mine
2) i might get more feedback and posters reading it
3) storylines can develop faster and you all get to read more

let me know what ya think??? :confused:

big bro fan
27-10-2005, 14:22
it does'nt bother me go for it

Bryan
27-10-2005, 15:47
DEVON SEAS

EPISODE 2:

Aftermath

Written By Bryan Turner

Bryan
27-10-2005, 16:11
Scene 1 - Craig's House - Day

Craig's is sitting at the breakfast table reading a the newspaper, the headline says "Robbers Beat Drug Squad". Craig's phone rings.

Craig: (into phone) Hello Harvey... oh its you Nigel... how did it go?... good that's what i like to hear... and Ed hasnt done no funny buisness?.... right then make sure he keeps his head down at the safehouse... good... bye.

Craig puts down the phone. Mandy who is doing the washing up knows something is up.

Mandy: Who was that?

Craig: Someone...

Mandy: We're you on about what i think you were...

Craig: Rule one, you stick to your buisness, and I'll stick to mine, keep your snout out and do some housework...

Mandy: Dont speak to me like that! I might be your wife but you have no right to speak to me like that...

Craig: Is that a fact?

Mandy: Yes it is, you've promised me that your not the man everyone says you are...but i have my suscpions...

Craig: I wear the trousers in this family Mandy, you do as i say, and i said to shut the hell up! Now im off to work... if that's ok with you!

Mandy dosent answer, Craig storms out of the house and slams the door shut. Margaret peeps her head around the kitchen door.

Margaret: Marital bliss? .... i think not....

Scene 2 - Jenkins Manor - Day

The tv is on but Richard isnt paying any attention

Newsreader: In other news the police have been left shocked after a warehouse filled with illegal drugs was raided last night. The warehouse in the docklands of Exeter was to be raided at dawn by the police following weeks of undercover investigating. The cocaine, with a street value of over a million pounds is now…

Richard turns off the tv, he stares at a picture of Ed.

TANYA: Did you manage to get any sleep dad?

RICHARD: No, I’ve had too much on my mind…

TANYA: I know that, but you need to sleep, there’s no good becoming ill aswell…

RICHARD: Look Tanya if I need your opinions I’ll ask for them! I need some space at the moment…time to think…

TANYA: Time to think about what? He’s gone now dad…there’s no good thinking of the “what ifs”, it’s your fault he’s gone…

RICHARD: He was going to go anyway…

TANYA: Yeah well you didn’t exactly stop him did you? God knows what’s going trough his mind at the moment!

RICHARD: Tanya! Please just get out of my face!

TANYA: Watch what you say dad, you've already lost one child this week, be careful you dont loose another!

Scene 3 - The Red Rum Public House - Day

Patrick is on the downstairs phone, looking shifty and checking that Amy isnt coming downstairs.

Patrick: (into phone) ...christ it's so annoying knowing your just down the road and that i have to sleep with that dinosaur every night instead of you.... (laughs ) yes she is that bad... nora batties had more sex appeal than amy in a skimpy nightie... look can we meet up later for lunch...im starving, and not for ham cobs... (laughs)... great, I'll meet you there then...

Amy: (O.S) Patrick!

Patrick: (into phone) look i'd better go babe... the dragon's calling me... bye sexy...

Amy: Patrick!

Patrick: (Sarcastic) What darling???

Patrick runs up the staircase...

Amy: Who was that on the phone?

Patrick: Oh just the brewery tryna fob me off with some foreighn plonk...well...what do you want?

Amy: We need to talk...

Patrick: What about? The weather? The price of petrol? Whether Jordans hadnt another boob job? Common I've gotta open the bar...

Amy: About us i think we need a serious talk...dont you?

Bryan
27-10-2005, 16:25
Scene 4 - Andrews' House - Day

The morning after the night before: Jame's mom is dead. James is sitting in the living room, family albumn open, she is crying. Val walks in...

Val: Hey you coulda woke me...

James: Oh i never went to sleep at all...

Val: Babes.... cheer up eh? There's no need looking dull is there?

James: Valery my mother has just died, im not going to be singing and dancing the streets now am i?

Val: I didnt except a chorus of "life's a cabaret" im just saying... no point going into a deep depression...we need to put a strong front up for the girls...they've lost their nan they're bound to be distraught...

James: ...how are they?

Val: Not too good, it's hit Em bad, they were really close...

James: Tell me about it, well...you'll have to look after the girls..ive got too much to plan...the cremation, the wake...

Val sits down next to James

Val: Look you ent gotta do all this on your own, im here for yoiu...we'll do it together ok?

val hugs James.

Scene 5 - Craig's House - Day

Margaret is sitting down at the kitchen table, half busy with the crossword in Take a Break. Mandy is cleaning the kitchen.

Margaret: So then you gonna tell me what that little barny was about?

Mandy: I dont wanna talk about it mom..

Margaret: Well tough your gonna have to...

Mandy: Its Craig...

Margaret: I kinda gathered that... common take a seat...

Mandy sits down and pours herself some tea.

Mandy: All these years people have said "he's a baden", "he's a criminal, a gangster", "he's no good for you", and I've always just ignored them, becuase he promised me that they were all lying...

Margaret: So what, you're married to Ronny Krey and your in denial, thinking he's the best thing since the chippendales... i've told you from the start that he's a baden...

Mandy: Yes well i think for once you might be right...

Margaret: Why whats he done? Had a punchup with al capone?

Mandy: No seriously mom... you know that drugs robbery, im pretty sure Craig, or his men are behind it...

Margaret: Have you told anyone about this?

Mandy: Are you mad he'd kill me! And you'd better not tell no-one either!

Margaret: Would i do such a thing... (smirks)

Bryan
27-10-2005, 16:26
episode 2 concludes later on tonight! :p

big bro fan
27-10-2005, 16:44
wow fantastic you are a great writer bb cant wait for the next part

xXxJessxXx
27-10-2005, 18:07
its really good! :thumbsup: well done your a great writer! :clap: cant wait for the next part its got me hooked! :)

Bryan
27-10-2005, 19:10
Scene 6 – The Red Rum Flat - Day

Amy is sitting down, Patrick is standing up, ready to leave the room.

Patrick: Common then, get on with it…

Amy: Sit down Patrick, I cant talk to you when your all agitated like this

Patrick hastily sits down.

Amy: Right, well I’m sure I’m not the only one to say… our marriage hasn’t been going smoothly for a long time…

Patrick: What’s all this about?

Amy: Hear me out, I mean I know we’ve had our highs and lows, mainly lows… thanks to you and your affairs… but I don’t hold it against you, we’ve stuck together over everything and well I know we have something special…

Patrick: Of course we have, you’re my wife… and I love you…

Amy: Yeah well it doesn’t seem that way at times, your so distant from me… it’s like our marriage has gone dull and well we need something new…

Patrick: Like what?

Amy: Well I was thinking…and I’ve come up with a brilliant idea, it’s what I’ve always wanted?

Patrick: A waterbed?

Amy: No, a baby!

Amy is delighted, but Patrick clearly isn’t.

Scene 7 – Jenkins Manor – Day

Tanya is sitting in the kitchen putting on her make-up, Nick is eating some toast.

Tanya: You’d think he’d learn to calm down a bit wouldn’t you… but no he’s as arrogant as ever…

Nick: Is it any wonder? Ed ruined his big night…he didn’t want anything to go wrong, and Ed humiliated him in front of everyone dad knows, a major no no

Tanya: Stop siding with him! You should know he’s in the wrong…

Nick: I do but…

Tanya: I know what it is, once again its this divide…

Nick: Christ Tan, you still got that going around in your head…

Tanya: Just because me and Ed are your half brother and sister you side with dad to get brownie points.

Nick: Shut up! Your talking rubbish Tanya! I’ve had enough of the pair of you this morning, I’m going to go and have my breakfast in piece!

Richard walks into the kitchen

Richard: Oh upset someone else have you?

Tanya: It appears so! But someone’s gotta look out for Ed otherwise this family will just forget he exists!

Richard: You say that like it’s a bad thing!

Tanya: I really cant work you out sometimes dad honestly! I’m going out!

Richard: Why?

Tanya: Because I actually care for my brother and want to know what’s happened to him!

Bryan
27-10-2005, 19:12
Scene 8 – Val’s Hairdressers - Day

Val is cutting Annie’s hair, another hairdresser is cutting Josies’s.

Annie: Poor Belinda…was it sudden?

Val: Yeah it came as a right shock, I mean she’d always been fit as a fiddle, then her ticker just runs out of battery, and bobs ya uncle she’s stiff on the floor.

Annie & Josie: orrrrrr

Josie: Hows James?

Val: He don’t know if he’s coming or going poor sod, I’ve told him to get a grip but honestly, daft sod, I mean personally I couldn’t stand the woman….

Annie: Val!

Val: Well I don’t mean to speak ill of the dead but she was a bloomin’ nightmare! Absolute control freak, wouldn’t let James go till he was 35! Deranged old…

Tanya walks in a rush…

Tanya: Alright ladies

Josie and Annie mutter their hellos.

Val: Oh look who it is, what time dya call this? Work starts at 9 on the dot, not 25 minutes later!

Tanya: I’m sorry Val I had something busy on…what with Ed and all… infact dyou mind if I pop out for a minute…I need to speak to someone

Val: You’re taking the proverbial pi…..

Tanya: Just five minutes Val!

Val: Oh go on then!

Tanya leaves, and in walks Margaret.

Val: Anyways enough of Belinda, what about that party up the manor last night! Oh my god that was a right bit of entertainment: family feuds, parental disownage, it was like and episode of Dallas!

Josie: Poor Edward!

Val: Poor Richard! Fancy having a son like that… in fact I wouldn’t be surprised if he had something to do with that robbery that’s all over the news…

Margaret rushes into the hairdressers

Margaret: You never guess what girls! I’ve gone some juicy old gossip…

Val, Annie and Josie all turn around eagerly like vultures.

Bryan
27-10-2005, 19:14
Scene 9 – The Red Rum Flat – Day

Amy: Well then? What dya think?

Patrick: A baby?

Amy: Oh it would be just so perfect Patrick! A little baby to love and look after…it would make us even stronger!

Patrick: We’d make awful parents!

Amy: Speak for yourself!

Patrick: I can hardly look after a bar, never long a baby. No Amy I’m afraid the answer is no.

Amy: Don’t be so selfish Patrick!

Patrick: Selfish?

Amy: I’m not prepared to see our marriage go down the drain, and as far as I can see it’s a baby or the end…

Patrick: We are not having a baby!

Amy: Yes we are! If I say I want one then I’ll blooming well have one Patrick!

Patrick: No you are not! And that’s final! I’m going out!

Amy: Where?

Patrick: Far away from you! You can run the bar yourself today!

Patrick slams the door shut. Amy screams, and throws a teapot against the wall.

Scene 10 – Harvey’s Motors - Day

Tanya walks into Harvey’s motors, Chris is working on a motor and Craig is sitting at the desk doing some paperwork. Chris wolf whistles at Tanya.

Chris: Well hello there Tanya…

Craig: Chris, hop it for a bit…

Chris: But I’ve got to…

Craig: Hop it!

Chris walks off. Tanya nervously advances towards Craig.

Craig: Well what brings little miss spoilt brat around here, need ya merc fixing?

Tanya: It’s about Ed…

Craig: Oh I don’t wanna hear it Tanya! I told you last night Tanya I don’t wanna see or hear from him ever again…

Tanya: Yeah well you said a lot last night didn’t you?

Craig: And?

Tanya: look is he safe? That’s all I’m worried about…

Craig: As far as I know

Tanya: As far as you know!?

Craig: Look he did the job, and he’s lying low. I’ve got no grief with him no more, as long as he stays away I don’t care what he does… so does that answer your question?

Tanya: Where is he? Do you know?

Craig: If I told you, you’d have him back in Baymoore faster than a hooker to a street corner, so no, I don’t think I’ll be telling you that…

Tanya attempts to talk but Craig interrupts

Craig: Now clear out of my way, and don’t come hassling me again.

Bryan
27-10-2005, 19:15
Scene 11 – Greasy Gary’s – Day

Gary is cooking breakfasts, Nick is standing behind the counter talking to him.

Nick: If I’d stayed there a moment longer my head would have just exploded, if it isn’t him snapping everyone’s head off it’s Tan complaining about the injustice Ed has had to go trough

Gary: Don’t worry mate your not the only one, I’ve had it all night with her, that’s the only fault of Tanya’s, when she’s got a point shell keep on making it till it drives you insane, if only I knew that before I married her…

The pair laugh, the camera pans over to Margaret, Annie and Josie drinking tea and gossiping.

Margaret: And then she’s telling me that she believes me after all…

Josie: I’ve always known he was a baden, but I didn’t think he’d be behind that…

Annie: Nothing would surprise me with Craig Harvey, he’s scum he is…

Josie: Dya really recon that Richard’s youngest was involved…?

Margaret: Well put it this way he’s had dealings with Craig in the past, he leaves Baymoore in the middle of the night and next morning all this is in the news… he’s as guilty as Sudam Hussein…

Annie and Josie mutter agreement.

Bryan
27-10-2005, 19:17
Scene 12 – Craig’s House - Night

Craig, Mandy and Margaret are sitting around the dinner table, eating their tea, awkward looks are being dished around. Craig’s phone rings, Nigel is calling. Margaret tuts. Craig gets up and walks into the hallway.

Craig: Yes Nigel what is it? ….you what! You’ve got to be joking me!

Craig is furious

Scene 13 – Jenkins Manor – Night

Tanya walks in after a hard day at work. She goes over to the housephone, and checks that no one is around. She dials a number. It’s aswerphone.

Tanya: (into phone) Hi Ed, it’s Tanya…where are you? Are you okay?.... look I know you were in trouble with Craig but he says it’s okay now… please Ed get in touch to let me know your safe…call me…

Tanya puts down the phone, and runs her hand trough her hair in stress. She turns to head towards the living room and Richard is standing there.

Tanya: (scared) Christ dad! You scared the hell out of me!

Richard: Shouldn’t be making sneaky phone calls then you should?

Tanya: Look…

Richard: What an earth was that? Trouble with Craig?

Tanya: Oh you’re actually concerned about him now!

Richard: Just tell me Tanya!

The doorbell rings, Richard goes to answer the door. Two policemen are standing there.

Richard: Yes! Can I help you!

PO: Mr Taylor, I’m afraid there have been some developments in your son’s disappearance sir….

A shocked look on Richard and Tanya’s face.

End of show.

xXxJessxXx
27-10-2005, 20:10
:eek: is he ok or is it just about the robbings! :eek: oh my god post more soon asap! lol its really good and really interesting. keep up the good work! :thumbsup:

Bryan
27-10-2005, 20:16
:eek: is he ok or is it just about the robbings! :eek:

its far worser than robbings, and if craig finds him hes a dead man!

Katy
27-10-2005, 20:29
BB thats amazing, you are so talented its unreal.

JustJodi
27-10-2005, 21:46
BB " like an episode of Dallas " blooming terrific LOL You have me thinking I am actually sitting there witnessing all these characters having a chat.. :cheer: I think Val reminds me of Dot and Pauline,, two of the biggest CURTAIN TWITCHERS,, LOL
I know if I wanted to pick up the local gossip,, I would go to the beauty shop and listen to Val rake all the towns folk over coals .
Well done and keep up the good work:thumbsup:

Bryan
27-10-2005, 21:55
val..im loving writing her lines...shes so crude its untrue...you can imagine in her in her tarty clothes, big gob and loving the gossip...

big bro fan
27-10-2005, 22:47
you should reall consider sending this to the bbc or itv you have a gift. i just hope i turn out as good as you :cheer:

Bryan
28-10-2005, 09:24
you should reall consider sending this to the bbc or itv you have a gift. i just hope i turn out as good as you :cheer:

aww thanks bb fan, nice to know i have support.... sending it to the bbc is in the pipeline but they wont except work from a 16 year old, so ill wait a few years, get loads of episodes out and then see what path to follow :)

Luna
28-10-2005, 09:26
i still say you should send it in even though you are only 16 show them what you can do,........you never know they could be reading this right now......

big bro fan
28-10-2005, 10:40
Luna is right you are just fantastic i have read most of your scripts and there all brill when ever your old enough send these off who knows we could turn on bbc 1 in ten years time watching devon sea's cant wait for the next part

baileya
28-10-2005, 14:47
absolutley brilliant bb. :)

Bryan
11-12-2005, 18:05
sorry for not posting recently ive had a lot on with college deadlines etc

what im going to do is reduce the size of each episode, and post one each day (hopefully) from the new year onwards

hope you'll all still read

Luna
11-12-2005, 18:06
:cheer: glad to hear :D

Bryan
11-12-2005, 18:12
:cheer: glad to hear :D

think im gonna have to re-read to see where i was up to! :rotfl:

big bro fan
11-12-2005, 18:16
can't wait to read it again i was beggining to wonder what happned to Devon Seas i'm considering writing my own soap again but i don't know anyway please post soon :thumbsup:

bakedbean
11-12-2005, 18:56
excellent the originals are coming back baby good luck

Bryan
13-12-2005, 20:11
*Keither Sutherland Style Voice Over :rotfl: * Previosuly On Devon Seas...

Edward Taylor was in trouble with local crime boss Craig Harvey, before leaving Baymoore he said what he flet to his father and was disowned infront of everyone. Craig then forced Ed to do an illegal job for him or risk death.

Belinda Andrews died leaving the Andrews family in shock.

Amy and Patrick's marriage is on the rocks, Patrick is havign a secret affair and Amy wants a baby to salvage their marraige.

Mandy is suspicous of Craig's part in the robbery and starts to seriosuly suspect that her husband is the criminal that every makes him out to be...

Craig got a phone call regarding Ed, he was furious, the police called at the Taylor household with news on Ed....

New Episode Coming Tomorrow!

Bryan
14-12-2005, 14:58
INT. Jenkins Manor - Night

The police are in the living room. Richard and Tanya are talking to them.

Richard: Well officers, we havent heard anything from him since he left... Tanya tried to make a phone call....

P.O: Any luck?

Tanya: No its on answerphone....

Richard: I heard her tough, she said he may be in trouble with Craig Harvey...

P.O: The local mechanic?

Richard: One of this respectable titles yes, but try pimp, drug dealer, extortner....the list is endless...im suprised you lot havent been able to nail him before that....

P.O: It isnt as easy as that Mr Taylor, people like Harvey cover their tracks well...

Tanya: Anyways enough about Craig, i presume youve found something to do with Ed?

P.O: Yes we have, some of the officers down Dover have found Edward's car desrted near the docks...

Richard: What? He's left the country!

P.O: No we found his passport in the car... along with this

The police officer holds up a bag of cocaine. Richard is shocked beyond belief.

EXT. DEVON SAFEHOUSE - MORNING

Craig parks his car down an avergae street. He is on the phone to Mandy

Craig: Yes Love...ive just had to go for a spot of buisness....car auction for a mate... yeah i'll be back later i supose.... okay....bye love

Craig bangs on the door of a house, Nigel opens the door.

Nigel: Craig...

Craig storms trough the house.

Craig: Where the ******* hell is he Nigel!? How hard is it to keep a lad locked up in a house!?

Nigel: He must have crept out when i was...

Craig: When you was what? Stoned out of your head? You pillock! Did he take anything with him?

Nigel: Um....

Craig: Dont mess with me Nigel! Tell it to me straight!

Nigel: He's raided the safe....took a grand in cash...and the smack...

Craig: What all of it?

Nigel: Yeah

Craig: You Fing Tard! Thats over a million on the streets! You dozy plank!

Nigel: Im sorry Craig...

Craig: Not half as sorry as Ed's gonna be when i find him...

Abi
14-12-2005, 15:08
Thats great BB. Loving Craig's charcter. Am i the only one that finds him histerical already?!

Skits
14-12-2005, 15:19
this is great bb. keep up the good work.

big bro fan
14-12-2005, 15:41
That's well good.

Layne
14-12-2005, 17:04
Yey you started writing again!

thsi is fab honey! Do more soon, hope ed is alrite
He is isn;t he?????

Siobhan
14-12-2005, 17:05
So who does everyone think Patrick is seeing????

Bryan
14-12-2005, 17:05
Yey you started writing again!

thsi is fab honey! Do more soon, hope ed is alrite
He is isn;t he?????

that woiuld be telling :p ed's fate will be learnt come christmas folks!

Layne
14-12-2005, 17:35
that woiuld be telling :p ed's fate will be learnt come christmas folks!

Your so mean!!!!! x

bakedbean
14-12-2005, 18:16
Cool Im Loving Devon Seas I Can See I Have My Work Cut Out With Exeter What Am I Going To Do??? Lol

Layne
14-12-2005, 20:12
I would just like to point out i am posting this on behalf of BondBoffin, and i would also like to say that i did NOT write it! Just being a mate!

INT. HARVEY’S MOTORS – DAY

Rod Stewart’s hit “If Ya Think Im Sexy” is playing on the radio…Chris is working alone in the garage. He starts to randomly strip down to his underwear in time with the music. In walks a police officer, and Chris quickly runs behind a car in embarrassment.

P.O: Oh erm sorry to interrupt you sir…

Chris: I don’t make a habit of this ya know…

P.O: Glad to hear it…is Mr Harvey around at all?

Chris: No he’s out at a car auction….

P.O: Okay tell him that we called around, we will be back later.

Chris: Okay will do mam…

P.O: By the way….nice pecs…

Chris runs up to her.

Chris: I don’t suppose I could have your number?

P.O: I don’t usually do this…

Chris: Go on break the rules for a sexy bloke like me…

P.O: Fancy yourself a bit don’t you?

Chris: Why not, everyone else does….

The Police officer laughs. She writes down her number and posts it into Chris’ mouth; he bites his teeth to grab hold of it. She leaves….

EXT. TORBAY HEALTH CENTRE – DAY

Amy leaves the doctors with leaflets on “planning for a baby”, “having a child” “middle-aged maternity”. She smiles to herself and clutches them against her heart.

INT. HARVEY’S MOTORS – NIGHT

Craig walks into the garage. Chris is just finishing up.

Chris: Oh alright boss… I was just heading off…

Craig: Yeah sure…see you tomorrow…

Chris: Oh yeah…the police called for you earlier…what you been up to eh?
Craig: The Police? What did they want?

Chris: Donno but it didn’t look like they wanted a cuppa tea and an iced bun….

Craig: Alright, well off you go then…

Chris: See ya.

Chris walks off, and bumps into Richard on his way. Richard walks up to Craig.

Craig: Richard, want can I do for you? Got a puncture in the rolls?

Richard: Leave off the jokes, we need a talk….

Craig: What about? Cars? The Weather? Who’s gonna win the X factor…?

Richard: Ed…

Craig: What about him…?

Richard: I know you two have had dealings….and well I wanted to know if you’ve got anything to do with him going missing…

Craig: Look Rihcard, what goes on between me and that smacked up son of yours isn’t anything to do with you…

Richard: It is when his life is in danger! I know what your like! And so do the police!

Craig gets up and pushes Richard against the wall. Richard breaths heavily…

Craig: I better not be you that grassed me up to the cops! I know Ed’s lacking in brain department but I dint think it run trough the family… now listen up and listen good…Ed ent gonna be seeing the delights of Baymoore ever again…and if you and your family talk to the old bill again then he wont even be seeing tomorrow…no get out of this place before you have a cororoner…

Craig lets go of Richard who rushes outside of the garage. Craig sits down at the desk and dials a number…

Craig: (Into phone) yeah…I’ve got another hit for…Edward Taylor…no exceptions…I want him dead….

bakedbean
14-12-2005, 20:26
man this is explosive stuff

baileya
14-12-2005, 21:04
Wow. Very Very Good. I Have My Work Cut Out Here. Its Amazing This!

CrazyLea
14-12-2005, 21:57
ooo its good.. cant wait for more :D

Abi
14-12-2005, 21:58
Loving these Bryan!!!!!!!

Bryan
14-12-2005, 22:04
Loving these Bryan!!!!!!!

thanks and i am really loving your banner! tis terrific!

Abi
14-12-2005, 22:08
awww, cheers!!!

Bryan
14-12-2005, 22:35
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v234/bondboffin/devonseas.jpg

big bro fan
14-12-2005, 23:00
love the banner absolutly great am seriously impressed

Siobhan
15-12-2005, 10:14
OMG :eek: Richard is put a hit out on his own son!!!!!

I can't believe I might miss the christmas specials.... can wait for the next lot..

Well done Bryan!!!

Siobhan
15-12-2005, 10:15
:rotfl::rotfl: can we have a section for current episode discussion and a spolier forum???

Abi
15-12-2005, 12:21
:rotfl: Good idea!

bakedbean
15-12-2005, 16:49
:rotfl::rotfl: can we have a section for current episode discussion and a spolier forum???

Yeah that would be good becuse im always posting spoilers for my soap :cheer:

big bro fan
15-12-2005, 17:14
Same here that would be well good :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Bryan
15-12-2005, 17:44
OMG :eek: Richard is put a hit out on his own son!!!!!

I can't believe I might miss the christmas specials.... can wait for the next lot..

Well done Bryan!!!

sorry siopbahn! big mistake on my part its craig the gangster that phoned in the hit! sorry guys!

Bryan
15-12-2005, 17:45

dont you just want to discuss them in this thread and read spoilers in this thread?

Bryan
15-12-2005, 18:02
ANDREWS HOUSE - MORNING

James is sitting in the front room looking at pictures of his mother Belinda. He is dressed for the funeral. Val comes in and sits next to him.

Val: You ok love, how you feeling?...ok stupid question

James: It's going to be so final isnt it? ...i mean the minute shes buried it will seem all over...

Val: Well techincally it was all over the moment she poped her clogs babe, just becuase she's six feet under ent gonna make much a difference...

James: Yeah i suppose, hadnt you better get dressed?

Val: Oh ive just go to phone up Tan' first... check shes okay to run the salon today...

INT. VAL'S HAIRDRESSERS - MORNING

The phone rings at the hairdressers, tanya answers it.

TANYA: Hello Val's Hairdressers, how can i help you?...oh Val....yeah i'll be ok....nothings up....just had a bad night really...yeah ill be fine...ok...bye

Tanya puts down the phone. The twins are sitting on the sofa reading a baby book, Gary is talking to Tanya.

GARY: You're not doing yourself any favours Tan...its not good stressing about it...its not good for your health...

TANYA: Yeah but he's my brother Gary, im bound to be worried

GARY: He's fine...you know what he's like...he's as tough as you and richard combined...he's a grown lad, he cant look after himself...

TANYA: From the average thug yes, but he's upset Craig and that just isnt a good thing to do...

GARY: Look im gonna get Richard to have the kids over for the night, you need to get some sleep...or you'll be no good to no-one....right then kids lets get going to nursery...

TWINS: Yay! Yay!

BACHERLOR BOYS HOUSE

Chris, Romeo and Tom are sitting around the diner table.

Chris: I tell you i never knew you could have so much fun with a pair of handcuffs...ill play cops and robbers with her anyday of the week....

Romeoe laughs

Romeo: Isn't it about time that you got yourself into a commited relationship?

Chris: (laughs) thats for old men...i mean do you want to be tied to Claire for ever?

Romeo: Whats wrong with that....?

Chris: NOthing but you want to have a bit of fun whilst youve got the chance..dont you agree Tom?

Tom: Women! Thats all you two think about isnt it? It's sad...but i agree with romeo you need to cherish time with loved ones...before they go for good

Tom gets up and storms out of the house

Chris: whats eating him?

Romeo: Oh god! You pillock! Its today isnt it?....Its a year since the car crash!

Bryan
15-12-2005, 18:03
sorry for it not being as "intresting" as the past episodes but i need to bring in new storylines with other characters aswell as the Ed/Craig buisness...

next part up later this evening!

Bryan
15-12-2005, 22:06
RED RUM PUBLIC HOUSE - DAY

Patrick is chatting to some random woman at the bar. Amy walks in from the back

Amy: Patrick love....

Patrick: What do you want now?

Amy: Well you can start by giving me some liquer

Patrick: as long as your on about the drinkable kind, as im not accustomed to giving you a public liking....

the random laughs at Patrick's joke

Girl: Who's she? one of your barmaids?

Amy: Try his wife, you little tart, get out your barred

The girl is shocked but she walks out. Patrick drags Amy out into the back

Patrick: Was there any need for that?

Amy: She was getting on my wick...and you didnt exactly stop her...

Patrick: You know me...i love to flirt...

Amy: Dosent mean i like you doing it tough, look i want a word...

Patrick: Try busy...

Amy: Try babies...

Patrick rolls his eyes in disaproval

Torbay Graveyard

The andrews follow the procession out into the graveyard. Emma is an emotioanl wreck.

Emma: Sorry dad i just cant do it....

Emma runs off crying, Claire goes after her...

Val's Hairdressers

Tanya turns the closed sign over for lunch, she lies down on the sofa and slwoly falls to sleep.

In walks Craig who lights a cigarette and puts it in Tanya's hands, it falls out of her hands and hits the sofa, the embers ignite....

Voice-Over of Priest: we commit our sister Belinda to the ground...

Various cuts of Val's hairdressers engulfed in flames

Priest: Ashes to ashes, dust to dust...

Val's Hairdressers is now fully ablaze, will Tanya survive?

CrazyLea
15-12-2005, 22:33
wow thats well good!! i liked 'youre barred' made me laugh :p

Jessie Wallace
15-12-2005, 22:44
that was random, your barred, she never did nothing!!! lol
Your doing great again hunni, well done

Bryan
16-12-2005, 08:02
that was random, your barred, she never did nothing!!! lol
Your doing great again hunni, well done

except flirt with her husband...or so the paranoid amy thinks, hes forever doing it infront of her, and after his countless affairs she's over jealous

Siobhan
16-12-2005, 10:00
nnnnnnnnnnnnoooooooooooooo!!! :eek: Tanya has to survive... Sorry I am getting a bit carried away with this but it is brill.... :cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer:

big bro fan
16-12-2005, 18:06
Oh my god i hope she survives great job

Bryan
16-12-2005, 19:33
HARVEY'S MOTORS

Craig is sitting at the desk, Chris is doing some work.

Chris: Eh boss, what did the coppers want?

Craig: What's it got to do with you?

Chris: I bet they've arrested you for robbing the bank of englang! (laughs)

Craig: Maybe if you spent asmuch time with your work as you do cooking up conspriacy theories, then id have justifaction for hiring you...

Chris: Can you smell smoke...?

Craig and Chris get up, Chris peers outside

Chris: Christ! Its val's place! It's on fire!

The pair run out onto the street, where crowds are gathering. Gary runs out of the cafe.

Gary: Oh god no! Tanya!

Chris attempts to run into the building. But Craig stops him...

Craig: No...I'll go...

Craig kicks in the door of the hairdressers and runs trough the salon. He coughs hard and picks up Tanya who is unconcious. He drags her outside and he collapses on the street coughing hard.

Gary: Oh thank god! Tanya, how are you?

Craig: (coughs) I think she'll be alright Gary....(coughs) just need to get her to a hospital

Gary: Thanks Craig...your a life saver!

Craig: No problems...

Craig smiles menacingly

baileya
16-12-2005, 20:41
Wow. Your soap is absolutley fantastic.

Abi
16-12-2005, 21:06
Thats great!!!

Bryan
16-12-2005, 22:22
Torbay Graveyard

Val and James are by the Graveside dropping earth into the grave. Val's ringtone "FAME - I want to live forever" goes off. Embarassment all around.

Val - Hey Amy darl' whats up?...you what!?....how? when?....christ...yeah ill be right round...okay...bye

James takes Val to one side

James: Couldnt you turn that ruddy phone off for one hour!?

Val: Look love as much as id love to stand here throwing dirt at your mom all day ive got to go...the salons been burnt down...

James: What...how?

Val: God knows, but ive got to go...

James: You cant! Its mom's funeral!

Val runs off

James: Val!....Val!...great so much for the family paying their respects...

Torbay Graveyard

Emma and Claire are walking across the graveyard, Emma is whiping away the tears.

Claire: Are you sure your okay?...Look id better go back to the graveside before dad starts moaning...

Ems: (sniffs) okay then...ill wait by the car...

Claire walks off. Ems heads towards the car but bumps into someone whos placing flowers on a grave, its Tom.

Ems: Tom!?

Tom: Oh hi Emma, what are you doing here?

Ems: Oh it's erm Grans funeral...but well...

Tom: Couldnt bear it?.... dont worry some people cant...wanna talk about it?

Ems and Tom walk over to a bench and sit down.

Ems: Its weird becuase i thought she'd outlive us all...Belinda Andrews...the stubborn old battleaxe, i just never thought id have to say goodbye...

Tom: There's no timetable for death tough...it just hits us...when we least expect it...

Ems: I know but it seems so cruel, it came so sudden, if we'd known, we could have made it special, we coulda have done things...said things...

Tom: It dosent work like that sadly...

Ems: So why are you here?

Tom: Come to mom and dad's grave...its a year today...

Ems: Oh god yeah, i completley forgot...how you bearing up?

Tom: As good as i can i suppose...its like you say if only you could know in advance...they just were taken away so cruely...i mean when i had to go and see the wreckage i was...well i didnt know what to say... it had all ended so abruptly, was the normal start to the day, did the usual, said the usual, thinking id see them later on...but i didnt...

Ems: Look if you ever need anyone to talk to...i understand your situation...

Tom: Dya know what i might just take you up on that thanks...

The pair hug. Em thinks for a second, and realises she actually likes Tom, and smiles

Lindy
16-12-2005, 23:20
This is great well done

Bryan
17-12-2005, 11:30
RED RUM UPSTAIRS FLAT - NIGHT

Patrick and Amy go upstairs to have a serious talk.

Patrick: why do i feel like were going around in circles here?

Amy: probably becuase we are...

Patrick: your not going to drop this are you?

Amy: obviosuly not, Patrick please consider it, its what I've always wanted...a little baby to love...it would strengthen our relationship...maybe change the way you are...

Patrick: What do you mean "the way i am?"

Amy: All the affairs and stuff...maybe if we had a family youd change the way you treat me, for the sake of the kids...

Patrick: Kids? How many are you planning on having?

Amy: Loads, why?

Patrick: I just dont fancy reinacting the Waltons every evening for dinner...

Amy: Come on Patrick what have we got to loose?

Patrick: Ok then i suppose so...but your not going to get me changing no nappies...

Amy kisses Patrick

Amy: I'll just go down and get some wine and then well we could make a start...

Patrick: Sounds good...

Amy leaves. Patricks phone vibrates, he reads a text message:

Heya Babe, Hows Da Dragon Doin? Wanna Meet Up..?

Patrick smiles to himself, grabs his coat and leaves Amy alone at the pub.

RED RUM PUBLIC HOUSE

Chris and Romeo are sitting down having a drink. Claire comes and sits by them.

Claire: Heya guys...

Romoe: Hiya babe (kisses Claire) how did it go today?

Claire: Not too good...Emma took it badly...hey we bumped into Tom, is it a year already?

Chris: Yeah we felt really guilty, we'd completley forgot...wed be cracking jokes like normal and everything...

Claire: Well now you know, you can make it better...

Claire gestures to the door where Tom enters.

Romeo: Hey Tom make come and have a drink we us!

Tom comes over and sits by them.

Romeo: Look mate we're really sorry, we'd forgotten all about ya parents...

Tom: Why would you have remembered? They werent important to you...

Romeo: Yeah but you are....and we shoulda been there to support you...

Tom: Its ok...im fine now, ive paid my respects...i need to move on with my life..

Chris: Thats the spirit! Now come on we're gonna give you a good night to cheer you up!

Lindy
17-12-2005, 13:57
more please

Abi
17-12-2005, 15:31
Fab, as usual!!!!!!!

Bryan
17-12-2005, 21:36
TORBAY HOSPITAL

Gary is sitting by Tanyas bedside. Nick is looking at her from the window in the coridoor. Richard comes up towards Nick.

Richard: Alright son?

Nick: Hows she doing dad?

Richard: Ok i think, the doctors seem to think that she will make it... she's just have a rest at the moment

Nick: Is Gary ok?

Richard: As ok as he can be i suppose...i cant believe she was so foolish, falling asleep whilst smoking!? Its not like her...

Nick: Oh well, she's ok, thats the main thing...

Richard: Its just one thing after another for us these days...first Ed...now...

Nick: But it's the fact that we always get trough it that makes us Taylors strong...

Nick: I'd better get off...i need to sort out them files for your conference tomorrow...

Richard: What conference?

Nick: With the developers?

Richard: I'd completly forgotten about that...

Nick: Well its a good job i hadnt, bye

Nick walks off, and as he goes he bumps into Craig.

Craig: Richard...

Richard: Craig, what are you doing here?

Craig: Just come to see Tanya, give her some grapes, the usually nonsence

Richard: Why?

Craig: Because I'm the heroe arent I? Its only the done thing to do...

Richard: Thats what i dont get Craig, one minute youve got me up against a wall threatenbing to kill me and my family and the next your saving... oh my god...it wasnt an accident was it?... it was you!?

Craig: (fake innocence) Me!? The man who saved your daughter? Why would i try and kill her if i was going to save her? Your mad Richard...people will think youve gone potty. Im the hereo of the hour...

Richard: Your one twisted man Craig honestly!

Craig: Twisted i may be yeah, but i am serious! No one, no one at all messes with Craig Harvey... no matter how rich you are or how high up you are on the social ladder it dosent matter, at the end of the day peoiple who cross me dont live to tell the tail... now i dont want no more hostility, take that incident as a warning, to show how serious i am, leave well alone and theyrell be no need for any more unpleasantness... am i making sense?

Richard: Yes, yes you are...

Craig: Good (hands over grapes) Tell Tanya i popped in... (smirks)

Lindy
18-12-2005, 01:02
Wow there is loads to this, everytime i turn my back you've written another part, i can't keep up with ya. Really good tho, well done.

Bryan
18-12-2005, 08:35
Wow there is loads to this, everytime i turn my back you've written another part, i can't keep up with ya. Really good tho, well done.

its a twice daily soap...but sometimes it appears to be more evn tough its only two small parts per day!

Lindy
18-12-2005, 08:38
Wow, cool. Well it's good so keep it up.

Bryan
18-12-2005, 10:45
Val's Hairdressers

Val enters the hairdressers, it is dark and smokey, nothing remains of her "pink" salon. She looks into one of the burnt mirrors and starts to cry.

RED RUM UPSTAIRS FLAT

Patrick tries to creep in..

Amy: And where have you been?

Patrick: Oh hi Amy

Amy: Dont "oh hi Amy" me, you went without even saying goodbye!

Patrick: Yeah im sorry about that...

Amy: We were meant to be starting a family!

Patrick: We've got all the time in the world for that...

Amy: No we havent, i want one as soon as possible

Patrick: And i want to share my bed with a beautiful woman we dont always get what we want do we?

Amy: Oh get lost Patrick!.... so where did you go last night?

Patrick: Oh met up and had a few drinks with Jack...hes on leave from the Army and he was only in town last night...

Amy: Oh its like that is it?

Patrick: Yes its like that...

Amy: Well if i find out your sleeping around when we're trying to start a family then heaven help you Patrick...

Patrick: Would i ever do a thing like that...(smirks)

BACHELOR BOYS HOUSE

Romeo and Claire are snuggled up on the sofa asleep. Chtris is snoring in the armchair. Tom comes in rattling a wooden spoon in a saucepan to wake them up.

Tom: Come on people! Rise and shine! Chris get to the mechanics! Romeoe get to the restuarunt! Claire...get dressed!

Chris: Its too early for talk...

Tom: Its nearly 9! Come on dont want to loose your jobs do you?

Romeo: I'm not ill...

Tom: Shouldnt have drank so much...

Chris: You've cheered up havent you!? Yesterday you was a bag of myseries...

Tom: Right then im off down the beachut, im cooking spag bol for tea tonight so dont be late!

Tom leaves

Claire: God how old is he? He acts just like my dad... he needs to lossen up a bit...

Chris: Yeah, yeah he does...infact i know what he needs...

Romeo: A smack in the porkchops?

Chris: No a woman!

Bryan
18-12-2005, 21:17
BACHELOR BOYS HOUSE

The boys have finished their dinner and left the dirt plates on side. They are now drinking cans of beer and watching the football on the sofa....

Romeo: Tom...me and Chris have been thinking...

Tom: Careful...dont try too hard...

Chris: (sarcastic) Ha Ha, very funny...

Romeo: We think its about time that you get yourself a bird...

Tom: Nah dont think so...i had a budgie once...but it flew away when mom was cleaing his cage...

Chris: Not bird as in flap flap, bird as in fine ass and big bazukas!

Tom: Why didnt you just say a woman than?

Chris: Cus they ent women, they're birds....

Romeo: I well its been a while since youve been in the dating game, so us, as the good mates that we are, have decided to give you a helping hand...

Tom: Erm i think i can do it by myself thanks...

Chris: The last two girls ya dated were a nun and a lesbian! Trust me...you need the help

Romeo: (gets out notebook) right then prefernces...blonde or brunette?

Chris: or ginger?

Romeo: Nah no one likes a ginger! (excpet Luna of course! :p :lol: )

Tom: Blonde

Romeo: Ass or boobs?

Tom: Both

The group laugh...

Romeo: Personlaity or looks?

Tom: Erm...personality

Chris: (coughs) Boring!

Romeo: Right that should do it...now we've got a few tricks up our sleeves, we, my friend are going to try internet dating...

Tom rolls his eyes

THE ANDREWS HOUSE

Val is sitting alone in the kicthen, with files all over the place, working hard. James walks in...

James: Val...

Val: Dont speak to me James! I can do without the arguments!

James: Im sorry for shouting at you earlier love...

James sits down beside her

Val: All those years of hard work James...all those years...theyve just gone down the pan...thanks to that ruddy Tanya Donagoon!

James: Dont worry love...we'll get trough it...

Val: No...no we wont...ive been checking the books, I've been in debt for a long time...im not going to be able to come trough this...

Siobhan
19-12-2005, 09:56
wow!!! that is all I can say....

Craig is one nasty piece of work and poor val losing her business thinking it is Tanya..

Skits
19-12-2005, 14:21
excellent stuff. keep it up.

big bro fan
19-12-2005, 16:02
Please Post more soon.

Abi
20-12-2005, 13:38
:cheer: Its great!!!

bakedbean
20-12-2005, 20:38
This is absolutley incredible

Bryan
21-12-2005, 16:27
Greasy Gary's Day

The bachelor boys are on one of the computers in Gary's cafe. They are on an internet dating site...

Chris: Christ look at that one!

Romeo: No thank you! I thought my sister was bad looking but her...!?

Chris: And she's no pamela anderson either!

Tom: Surely you shouldnt bother with looks, see what their intrests are and everything?

Romeo: Nah! Why would you want to go and see things like that. You can expect her to wear a paper bag over her face forver, so she has to be goodlooking...

Tom: Right then how to do make a profile?

Romeo: Well you put your photo in, and just give a bit of info about you...

Chris: Oh how exciting eh!? I feel like Cilla Black...wonder if he'll get any replies...

Romeo: Its Tom...i doubt it!

Chris and Romeoe laugh. The camera pans over to Nick who is chatting to Gary at the counter.

Gary: Not in the mood for caviar for breakfast?

Nick: DOnt joke...i just had to get out of there, dad is doing my head in... hes in a constant mood over Ed!

Gary: Still?

Nick: He needs to snap right out of it...

Richard wlaks in and slowly approcages Nick, Gary has cottoned on but Nick is oblivious and carries on chatting...

Nick: I mean hes lost out on an important deal becuase of it! A deal i ahd to do all the work for...its past a joke Gaz, he gives me all the dirty jobs and i dont get no thanks for it. Im the one running the place, but do i get the officisal title or the profits! No!

Richard: How i run my buisness is up to me...

Nick turns around in shock.

Richard: In future if you have something to say Nicholoas, say it to my face!

Nick: Dad...

Richard: I dont want to hear it!

Richard storms out of the cafe.

bakedbean
21-12-2005, 16:39
those bacholouer boys are classic

Siobhan
21-12-2005, 16:40
ooooohhhhhhh!!! interesting... more trouble at home for Richard/Nick/Tan and Ed.. keep these coming.. I am totally gripped

Bryan
21-12-2005, 16:42
ooooohhhhhhh!!! interesting... more trouble at home for Richard/Nick/Tan and Ed.. keep these coming.. I am totally gripped

bit of a cliffhanger tonight in the next episode (posted on behalf of layne!)
and then well youll be off siopbhan! how will you cope without devon seas!?

Siobhan
21-12-2005, 16:44
bit of a cliffhanger tonight in the next episode (posted on behalf of layne!)
and then well youll be off siopbhan! how will you cope without devon seas!?

I won't see tonights one cause I am packing.. damn.. then I am not back til Jan 4th.. I will have to try get on line in Germany somewhere...

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: tape it for me and I be back to see it

Bryan
21-12-2005, 16:47
I won't see tonights one cause I am packing.. damn.. then I am not back til Jan 4th.. I will have to try get on line in Germany somewhere...

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: tape it for me and I be back to see it

just had this random thought...imagine the whole hotel of germans watching you reading it and getting gripped and then slowly it becomes a global cult! :rotfl:

Siobhan
21-12-2005, 16:50
just had this random thought...imagine the whole hotel of germans watching you reading it and getting gripped and then slowly it becomes a global cult! :rotfl:

ah ha.. not a bad idea.. you will have to start writing a german version, course it would have to be unfunny :rotfl::rotfl:

Bryan
21-12-2005, 16:53
ah ha.. not a bad idea.. you will have to start writing a german version, course it would have to be unfunny :rotfl::rotfl:

dont mention ze war!

Siobhan
21-12-2005, 16:55
dont mention ze war!

I will try not to when I am over there :rotfl::rotfl: i showed my partner that episode and he found it very very funny

Bryan
21-12-2005, 16:56
I will try not to when I am over there :rotfl::rotfl: i showed my partner that episode and he found it very very funny

what of devon seas or fawlty towers?

Siobhan
21-12-2005, 16:57
what of devon seas or fawlty towers?

fawlty tower but I have told him all about devon seas and I am getting all your scripts together when I get back so he can read them

Bryan
21-12-2005, 16:59
fawlty tower but I have told him all about devon seas and I am getting all your scripts together when I get back so he can read them

oh cool lol, i reckon i should start a petiton to send to the bbc with peoples demands for it to be aired! :rotfl:

Siobhan
21-12-2005, 17:01
oh cool lol, i reckon i should start a petiton to send to the bbc with peoples demands for it to be aired! :rotfl:

Or you can send to BBC and ITV, your concepts and ideas are good enough to be put into any soap...

Layne
21-12-2005, 20:04
Posting on behalf of BondBoffin as he is unable to post!!!

Greasy Gary’s – Night

A worker is clearing up the café. The bachelor boys are once again on the computer.

Worker: Ill be closing in a few minutes lads…

Romeo: Oh ok..we wont be long…come on then lets have a see who’s replied?

Chris: 3 replies! Go you mr love machine!

Tom: We haven’t opened them yet…

Chris: Number 1: Helga…she’s blonde…big bosoms…

Romeo: Sounds good…

Chris: But she’s fat, 50 and a German!

Romeo: Hell no!

Chris: Number 2: Rachel…22….London….ding dong look at her, what a stunner eh?

Tom: Let’s look at her info…

Romeo: (reads from page) Im opening to trying new things, how ever erotic…but be warned anyone who messes with me will end up with their….

Chris: Okay then maybe not… one more left lets hope for a bit of luck with this one…

Romeo: Alex…

Tom: Oh I like that name…

Romeo: Not when it’s a bloke!

Tom: You what!? I thought you said this was straight dating…

Chris shrugs in confusion.

Tom: Honestly this is just daft! I cant believe I even let you talk me into this! I think I’ll choose someone for myself…

Romeo: Okay but there’s always Helga is you don’t find anyone!

The lads laugh.

Red Rum Public House - Night

Val walks into the pub with James, she is totally in a daze. Margaret, Josie and Annie are in the pub and shout over to Val.

Margaret: Oi! Val love…

Val: Margaret?

Margaret: We were just wondering when you were re-opening, because I mean we’ve got to go all over to Torquay for our weekly term, and it’s a bit to…

Val: I’m not

Josie: What? Your not re-opening?

Val: No ladies I’m not…

Annie: Oh how come love?

Val: Because I’m in serious debt if you all must know. And thanks to Tanya Donagoon, who couldn’t be bothered to put out her cigarette, I’ve got no option but to sell my lively hood.

The old women mutter some sympathy.

Margaret: Poor love…honestly them Taylor rule the place…and where they don’t rule they destroy, I bet you any money Richard will try and nab that hairdressers…in fact I bet they plotted it.

Val: I don’t know…but when Tanya finally resurfaces, I’m not gonna let her forgot that in a hurry.

Tanya: Is that a fact Val?

Tanya walks into the pub, followed by Richard and Gary. Val gives her a murderous look…

Bryan
22-12-2005, 09:35
thanks for posting that layne! your a star! layne will be my weekly wednesday night 2nd part poster as i have to go out to scouts.

stay tuned for todays double episode, posted later when i return from the cinema!

Layne
22-12-2005, 10:38
thanks for posting that layne! your a star! layne will be my weekly wednesday night 2nd part poster as i have to go out to scouts.

stay tuned for todays double episode, posted later when i return from the cinema!

Oh will i now??? lol, course i will honey! I am catching up as we speak, Offical devon seas catch up day today!!!!

Bryan
22-12-2005, 21:17
THE RED RUM PUBLIC HOUSE

The pub falls silence. The sound of Tanyas high heels can be heard as she approches Val.

Val: Well look who it isnt...the blonde bimbo who cant put out a ruddy' cigarette!

Tanya: Shut it Val, i dont even smoke!

Val: No you shut it, the fire was caused by a fag end, and you were the only one in the shop! Now thanks to you ive got no choice but to sell up!

Tanya: Im sorry to hear it Val...

Val: Sorry!? Your not sorry! I hope your happy with yourself you stupid little cow!

Tanya: Right that's it!

Tanya charges towards Val, who gravs Tanya hair and pulls it, a vicious bitch fight begins infront of a packed pub.

Richard: Eh! Eh! Break it up! What are you playing at Val!?

James: Defedning herself against your ruddy family! You thing you can control our lives around here! Well here's new for you! You cant! People around here have had ti with you and your stuck up family! If it sisnt Ed causing trouble and lowering the tone of the village its you looking down on us as tough we are not worthy!

Margaret: Here! Here!

Richard: Well at least what i know what you all think! You should be grateful! If it wasnt for me and my "stuck up family" youd have no homes or buisnesses! And this public exhibiton is the thanks teh Taylors get! Well thank you very much!

Richard storms out. Everyone looks ashamed

CrazyLea
22-12-2005, 21:24
awww lol. god part :)

Bryan
24-12-2005, 11:29
JENKINS MANOR - NIGHT

Richard is sitting alone, shirt rolled up, some buttons rundone, he is stroking hus hair with his hands, he has a bottle of whisky by him and hes looking at a photo albumn... he begins to open a bottle of pills

Nick: Dad! What the hell are you doing!?

Richard: Whats it look like?

Richard quickly tries to knock back the pills, but Nick grabs them of him in a rage.

Nick: No! I'm not going to let you do it! Christ dad why!?

Richard: What have i got to live for!?

Nick: Dont come that Dad! You've had a bad week...we all have them...but we dont try and top our selves! It'll pass! You'll get over it! Your not this weak dad, your a Taylor...and we are made of stronger stuff than this!

Richard: But...

Nick: No buts... is this the way? Leaving me and Tanya to cope with everything on our own..?

Richard: Your better off without me...no one likes me...you dont, i heard it all, and i doubt Tanya thinks highly of me since Ed left...and well that peformance down the Rum showed that that lot dont give a toss about me! I've got nothing to live for Nick...id had an unhappy life...

Nick: No you havent...youve had 3 children and a sucessful carreer!

Richard: Yes but ever since your mother left me, all those years ago ive neve been happy! Ive just had to move on with life...marry Dorren... provide for the family...

Nick: Exactly! You've moved on...so why not do it again!?

Richard: Maybe i dont want to Nick...maybe i cant anymore...

Richard's phone rings...

Nick: Well arent you going to answer it...?

Richard looks at it...

Richard: It's ed....

Richard picks up the phone

Baymoore Holiday Park

Ed: Meet me at the holiday park...now....

Bryan
24-12-2005, 19:19
Baymoore Holiday Park - Night

Nicks car pulls up outside the entrance. Richard gets out, Nick starts to.

Richard: No Nick, i think id better deal with this on my own...

Nick: Okay then, i'll be outside if you need me...

Richard heads into one of the caravans, from the corner of another one peers Craig with an evil look on his face.

Richard: Ed? (Ed appears) Oh Edward thank god your safe, we've all been worried about you...

Ed: Look dad i havent got time for the trisha nonscene, i need to get out of the country now and i need money...

Richard: Well why didnt you say...i mean i havent got anything on me...

Ed: Typical! Even in my hour of need you cant give me what i want!

Richard: Its not by choice, i didnt know you needed, you didnt say...

Ed: Christs sake dad! Ive come here at a risk! Craig wan ts me dead, ive been escaping his men for 2 weeks now! He knows im here, and if i dont get out soon he's going to kill me!!

Richard: Look Ed, there has to be another way to sort this mess out...

Ed: There isnt, you can make deals with men like Craig! He's a madman, if he wants me dead then he'll sure as hell make sure i end up with a bullet in my gut! Im tried of running dad! I need a new life!

Richard: look....(hands over credit card) have this...it'll do for now...and well we'll have to sort something out at a later date...

Ed grabs it and attempts to leave the caravan

Richard: Look soon I'm sorry for everything, if i could turn back the clock i would, made life better for you...

Ed: You cant change how you feel! You've told me exactly what you think of me! You never loved me like you never loved mom! So why would you want to have a relationship with me!

Richard: If you listened to me!

Ed: I dont want to listen! Its not just Craig im running away from It's you! You and the ruddy Taylor family! Im sick of it! Its nothing but trouble! I need to find my way in life...without you, or Nick or Tan...infact stick the card (throws back at richard) ive had it with life...if i get caught i get caught, im better off dead...

Ed walks out, Richard is on the floor in tears. Ed walks down by a caravan and Craig grabs him. Ed kicks him in the groin and runs off towards his car.

Craig: Your a dead man Ed! (into phone) get him...

Ed gets into his car and speeds off. A car with Craigs men in is in pursuit. Nick beeps the horn and Richard runs out

Nick: Quick Dad! They are after Ed!

Richard rushes in.

Craig: Youd better order his reif Richard, becuase hes a dead man!

Devon Roads

A deadly carcash is in pursuit against Ed and Craigs men. Fast sppeds, swerving for pedestrians. Richards car is following them.

Richard: I hope he makes it...

Baymoore Parade

The Baymoore residents are around a huge christmas tree, singing christmas carols. The cars come down the parade, Ed swerves, but Craigs mens car hits the tree, residents move out the way, the tree falls down, everyone screaming. The gangsters start to shoot at Eds car, Richards car approcahes the bay. Ed revs up the car and speeds down the pier, spectuactulary crashing into the water. The car sinks.

Richard runs up the pier where his son has just commited suicide

Richard: No!!!!!!!!!! Edward!!!!!! No!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

The reisdents all rush down onto the beach, Nick runs to his had, who falls to his knees in greif.

Richard: Come back Ed! Please come back!!!!!!!!

end of the 2005 episodes! Hope you've enjoyed Devon Seas this year, it will return in 06!

Abi
24-12-2005, 19:29
:eek: Blimey!

Bryan
24-12-2005, 19:33
:eek: Blimey!

nothing like a death at crimbo! :cheer: and you have to wait until janary to see what happens next! :p

CrazyLea
24-12-2005, 19:53
wow!! that was brill!!

bakedbean
26-12-2005, 12:03
Oh my gosh what a fantastic episode that is certainly the best episode i have read in a long time. Suicide on Chritsmas Day only you could do something as daring and spectacular as that i cannot wait till the new year but i have a funny feeling ed could still be alive???

baileya
26-12-2005, 12:27
I have to say bondboffin that was absolutley fantasic! Poor richard. Well done on a absolutley fantastic episode.

Bryan
26-12-2005, 12:29
I have to say bondboffin that was absolutley fantasic! Poor richard. Well done on a absolutley fantastic episode.

does life get better or worse for Richard when his ex wife Hilary returns next year?

all will soon be revealed!

bakedbean
27-12-2005, 19:13
Im counting down the days lol

Bryan
30-12-2005, 11:45
Devon Seas begins again tomorrow for a whole new year of action packed storylines! :cheer:

Abi
30-12-2005, 15:01
I can tell your itching to start writting....!

Bryan
31-12-2005, 23:58
http://www.soapboards.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?p=287371#post287371

new year - new thread - subsquent episodes will be found in the Devon Seas 2006 thread!

enjoy!

JustJodi
02-01-2006, 15:47
http://www.soapboards.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?p=287371#post287371

new year - new thread - subsquent episodes will be found in the Devon Seas 2006 thread!

enjoy!

Bryan I love what u are doing with your characters, I feel like I am where they are , and I feel like I can see what they look like,, Bryan u have so much talent,, I hope I am around so I can say I REMEMBER HIM WHEN ..:D
I like this better , cos we get a nice tasty chunk at a time, and leaves ya wanting to read more... well done my friend :cheer: :thumbsup:

Bryan
02-01-2006, 16:24
Bryan I love what u are doing with your characters, I feel like I am where they are , and I feel like I can see what they look like,, Bryan u have so much talent,, I hope I am around so I can say I REMEMBER HIM WHEN ..:D
I like this better , cos we get a nice tasty chunk at a time, and leaves ya wanting to read more... well done my friend :cheer: :thumbsup:

awwww thanks Jodi!!!!!

make sure catch up everyday in the DevonSeas2006 thread for all new episodes!

and cant wait? then have a look at the Devon Seas Spoilers Thread!

Abi
02-01-2006, 16:28
I hope I am around so I can say I REMEMBER HIM WHEN ..:D

lol, i was thinking that the other day. I was thinking...imagine if i watched EE and your name came up at the end... i'd be like :eek: I KNOW HIM!!

Bryan
02-01-2006, 16:29
lol, i was thinking that the other day. I was thinking...imagine if i watched EE and your name came up at the end... i'd be like :eek: I KNOW HIM!!

thats my aim in the next ten years Abi!

Abi
02-01-2006, 16:31
:lol: I think i'd scream with joy if you do! I'm gonna be keeping a look out :p

Bryan
02-01-2006, 16:35
:lol: I think i'd scream with joy if you do! I'm gonna be keeping a look out :p

id already been harassing tony jordan and sarah phelps with sample material!

Abi
02-01-2006, 16:37
lol!

Bryan
02-01-2006, 16:39
lol!

if at first you dont suceed, print print, send send and harass again! :D

Abi
02-01-2006, 16:40
Have you sent it to the writting room then?