PDA

View Full Version : 'Emmerdale' scripts discovered in pub

Jemma
08-10-2005, 16:32
I didn't know whether to post this here or in The Rumour Mill :hmm: so feel free to move it if you want...

Details of upcoming Emmerdale storylines have been found by two fans in a Leeds pub.

Stuart Riddell and Chris Harpin discovered that secret plotlines for 29 episodes of the soap had been left underneath a newspaper on a chair in the bar.

The documents revealed plans to film a 5-day Mediterranean special where the Dingles go to Spain, containing flight and accommodation details for stars including Hayley Tamaddon (Delilah) and Charley Webb (Debbie).

Future plots exposed to the pair include a gay kiss, a prison sentence, and a character being diagnosed with cancer.

"I'm a fan, and realised I was reading the plot of episodes I'd never seen," Stuart told the Daily Star. "I asked around if anyone knew who'd left them there, but no one had a clue."

Chris added, "If I was a TV star I wouldn't want to be getting on a plane knowing wacko fans could have bought up all the other seats."

The scripts have now been safely returned to producers.

"We are investigating and steps will be taken to ensure the cast and crew are protected," a spokesperson insisted.

The error comes just nine months after a Leeds student received plotlines from the show in the post.

I wonder if they'll still be going ahead with these storylines, but they can't really cancel 29 episodes worth that's a lot of rewriting to do! It seems strange though, that they were just left there - if you had all that info on you wouldn't you be really careful to keep hold of it? lol maybe its a publicity stunt :searchme:

eastenders mad
08-10-2005, 18:38
yeah i read about that in the sun paper.
I could't believe it.

apprently someone found them and were trying to sell the scripts to them.

samantha nixon
08-10-2005, 21:08
i read this in the paper and couldnt believe it

Jade
09-10-2005, 11:23
Someone's gonna be in big trouble!

feelingyellow
11-10-2005, 16:24
Future plots exposed to the pair include a gay kiss, a prison sentence, and a character being diagnosed with cancer.

the gay kiss is probably paul and someone, maybe danny?
prison sentence, maybe val?
the cancer storyline is alice, probably ,poor her!

Richie_lecturer
11-10-2005, 18:56
Maybe the story is irrelevant....

Maybe the storylines were found in the Woolpack = non-news story. :hmm:

dddMac1
13-10-2005, 16:18
there going to have to be more careful next time

alkalinetrio
14-10-2005, 01:54
lol bet they are very angry at this lol i wud be after writing 29 episodes you want to keep secret

i_luv_dennis
15-10-2005, 07:55
yeah i no

big bro fan
18-10-2005, 15:38
i bet who ever left them around is going to be in serious trouble that dingle thing sounds good

Richie_lecturer
18-10-2005, 16:41
Whoever reads them will discover why Emmerdale is a quality soap. He or she will be pleasantly surprised. :)