PDA

View Full Version : A Streetcar named desire

Debbie Meadows
05-10-2005, 11:12
Everybody involved with Streetcars will be in danger.’ Ronnie may just seem like another squeeze for Steve, but she’s hiding a shady past, says actress Emma Stansfield.
How does Ronnie arrive in the street?
She arrives on the street looking for a job. She has got a bit of a shady past and a bit of a nasty husband.

He isn’t a gangster but he is trouble. She joins streetcars as a cab driver. Steve takes a shine to her and her to him.

There is a lot of jealousy on the part of her husband. She has run away and tried to break free from him, she wants to start afresh.

He also has dodgy sons and she has had enough of living that life.

Although you get the impression that she is the sort of woman who thrives on danger and likes bad boys – for some reason she has tired of her life with Jimmy, her husband.

We have yet to find out why but I like that air of mystery about her. She says that Jimmy used to hit her but we don’t even know if that is strictly true.

So do she and Steve really fancy each other?
There is definitely a spark of attraction between her and Steve and she knows how to get what she wants.

She uses her womanly charms!

She has her top button undone and little twiddle of the hair – she knows pretty much it is in the bag even though the other applicant has better credentials as a driver.

They hit it off very quickly and then the threats start from the husband but Steve wants to put up a fight and not let her go.

She is used to it, she is more worried about the damage to other people around her, not abut herself.

Lloyd and Les kick up a bit of a fuss because they are scared but Steve is adamant he doesn’t want her to go.

She does offer to leave, but Steve wants her to stay on.

They have a very physical relationship right from the start and we have had lots of breakfast scenes and with Steve in his boxer shorts and her with wet hair!!

How does it feel to play the first real girlfriend Steve has had since Karen?
I suppose it should be a bit daunting following in Suranne Jones’ footsteps as Steve and Karen were such a popular couple.

But fortunately for me I was working in theatre at the time of the height of that storyline and didn’t see it.

This makes it easier as an actress as Ronnie is supposed to be new to the area and it takes the pressure of me a bit!

Are things likely to get more dangerous for Ronnie and Steve?
Jimmy Clayton is not a man who will accept losing his wife and certainly not to another man who owns a rival cab firm.

He is a violent man who has violent sons, things are certainly going to hot up and everybody involved with Streetcars will be in danger.

RealityGap
06-10-2005, 13:49
sounds great!

brenda1971
06-10-2005, 13:51
Is this going to be the next big storyline