PDA

View Full Version : The Dog In The Pond!

Chris_2k11
21-09-2005, 20:13
Does anyone else think we should see the older residents of Hollyoaks in the Dog more on a night? i.e. Sally, Les, Carrie, Rob, Liz, Tony, etc. The pub is supposed to be the main place where the characters interact in a soap, like in EastEnders or Corrie, you always see them together in the Vic or the Rovers on a night and sometimes through the day, yet in Hollyoaks it's not really used as much and the main characters never really go in there :confused: When you look at all the people that are sat down in there, they all just seem to be random people who are not in the show :confused: We never really see a good fight in the Dog, like you would in the Queen Vic for example. The place isn't used enough at all if you ask me. Some of the families hardly seem to know each other. I mean, I know they all live on different streets, but if they were all in the pub a bit more, then they would interact, get to know each other better, and could maybe be involved in more storylines together. It's a bit unrealistic the way that some of them just live round the corner from the pub, yet are never seen in there, i.e. The Owens - they don't live far from it! And I'd much rather see more of the Dog than the SU Bar. Am I making sense here? :searchme: Does anyone agree with what im saying?

myvoice
22-09-2005, 16:09
Yes I agree. I remember when Ali died some forum members were saying it was odd that only a couple of people were upset but I guess like you say it is because the families don't really know each other so why would they get upset???

Lennie
22-09-2005, 16:32
Yeah, i know what you mean, it would be good seeing a confrontation in the pub, like you see in EE and Corrie.

alkalinetrio
22-09-2005, 21:54
:d

myvoice
22-09-2005, 22:27
Yeah the only real confrontation they have had in the pub recently was Becca and Frankie and that was hardly WW3!!!!

Angeltigger
24-09-2005, 15:21
I know what you are saying about the older residents of Holly oaks in the Dog more on a night? I.e. Sally, Les, Carrie, Rob, Liz, Tony, etc

But the SU bar is for the students (which are teenagers) who are at the college so they have a bar just under their home (if they live in the halls)…. But I think they should use the SU bar-as it kind of their style (bright colours, the internet (can have a drink after they have been to there lectures don’t need to go outside. it has the pool table which Sam plays all the time and well the dog does not have that it for the older people..

I think the dog should be there for older people but there are not many adults in hollyoaks, and people like Sally, Les, Carrie, Rob, Liz, Tony they all work during the day…. While in Eastenders and Corrie they don’t seem to work- they do but they don’t have jobs like Sally, Carrie, and Liz as they are teachers or work around children/students and they are not allowed to drink on the job… Tony has to look after Il Gnosh or he will lose money, les need to keep a clear head while working on the cars…

.:Kitz:.
24-09-2005, 15:45
you'd think they would woun't you....hmmmm, interesting....thats made me think! thanks birks xx