PDA

View Full Version : corries Axis

Abbie
19-09-2005, 17:49
A string of Coronation Street stars could be facing the axe. The soap's new chief Steve Frost – nicknamed The Iceman – who takes over from current supremo Tony Wood at the end of the year, is planning to reduce cast numbers, with big names and newcomers all in jeopardy.

Earlier this week, TV bosses held a secret summit, attended by all the Corrie bigwigs and top scriptwriters, to discuss cast members’ futures.

According to The Mirror, the future looks rosy for Tracy Barlow, Charlie Stubbs and Shelley Unwin. However, other characters such as Ashley Peacock, screen wife Claire, Maria Sutherland, Dev and Sunita Alahan, as well as Frankie and Jamie Baldwin, may be on the way out. Recent additions such as mechanic Nathan, plus twins Jessie and Joanne could also be axed.

Here are some of the summit’s key findings:

Maria Sutherland (played by Samia Ghadie): “She’s tabloid totty… but what stories would she provide us with once she’s no longer with Tyrone?”

Dev and Sunita Alahan (played by Jimmi Harkishin and Shobna Gulati): “Bosses like Dev and Sunita and haven’t ruled out the possibility of re-inventing the couple.”

Shelley Unwin (played by Sally Lindsay): “She’s one of the most popular characters. We may even bring her bigamist husband back.”

Claire and Ashley Peacock (played by Steven Arnold and Julie Haworth): “Ashley remains a popular character, but the consensus is Claire’s a problem.”

A soap mole revealed: "Those departing will still be around for a while. But there looks to be blood on the walls next year and it won't make for nice reading for the cast.”

Chris_2k11
19-09-2005, 18:01
Shelley Unwin (played by Sally Lindsay): “She’s one of the most popular characters.I don't think so!!

Abbie
19-09-2005, 18:05
I don't think so!!lol i know

Abbie
19-09-2005, 18:07
oops i should of put this in the rumour mill should i?

alan45
19-09-2005, 20:14
There is already a thread on thishere (http://www.soapboards.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=25936)

Jade
19-09-2005, 20:23
Thanks again alan

Closing