PDA

View Full Version : H&A is unrealistic says tammin

Bad Wolf
17-09-2005, 11:47
Tammin Sursok has admitted that she became frustrated by producers of Home and Away during her time on the show.

The actress, who played Dani Sutherland on the Australian soap, was unhappy after scenes showing her character being sexually assaulted were cut out.

"For me as an actor the rape storyline was really good," Tammin told The Sun. "But unfortunately they ended up cutting everything and we had to re-shoot the whole thing because it was too emotional and too intense.

"That’s when I thought: ‘OK, this is a show that is not realistic’. The storyline suddenly went from being a ‘rape’ to an ‘attack’.

"It was quite hard for me at the time because I thought that the scenes were some of my best ever. I got a lot of letters from fans saying that I helped them. That was very rewarding."

Sursok, who is now pursuing a musical career, has ruled out a return to the soap.

"No, I don’t think I’ll ever go back," she admitted. "I haven’t finished acting for good though. I’m so passionate about singing and acting and I would be very upset if I let one of them go.

"I just wanted to close the door on Home and Away and move forward. I’ve learned so much more in the last year than I ever would have if I had stayed there. It was definitely time to move on."

Tammin's debut single, Pointless Relationship, is released on Monday.

Johnny Allen
17-09-2005, 12:43
Mind you they do have to be careful what they show at 6 O'Clock.

Bad Wolf
17-09-2005, 12:45
unrealistic is what makes the show- eg stalker!!!! total brilliance!

babyblue
17-09-2005, 17:25
so is her boob job but you don't hear people going on about that.

I don't think TV shows are meant to be realistic, if people want that they watch documentries, and she should watch what she says because from what I hear her music isn't too hot so she may have to go back.