PDA

View Full Version : Emmerdale saved me says Matt

Luna
15-09-2005, 08:42
Emmerdale heartthrob Matt Healy, who plays ruthless businessman Matt King, says that the soap part saved him from giving up the profession.

Speaking in the Daily Mirror, the 35-year-old said: There were a lot of lean times before Emmerdale came along.

"Money was tight and I struggled to pay the rent."

After moving to London from the north, things did not get any easier for the Scottish-born actor, and he had to take a job as a courier-van driver, while getting small parts in The Bill and Coronation Street.

"I was doing a job I hated and was desperate to get some decent acting work and it wasn't happening. It was a recipe for disaster," he said.

Healy packed up his job and moved back to his mum's in Oldham, and actually auditioned to play three different King brothers in Emmerdale.

Considered too old to be Carl, too young to be Jimmy, he then auditioned for middle brother Matt.

"I was in a pub in Oldham with my mates when my agent rang and told me I'd got the part.

"He knew of my debts and that I'd have been in real trouble if Emmerdale hadn't come along."

feelingyellow
15-09-2005, 16:34
thanks for posting :)

hmmm, imagine matt as jimmy, man that would be so different!

Jemma
15-09-2005, 21:14
Yeah I know lol, or as Carl :eek:

sarahwelford
16-09-2005, 00:30
i like the king brothers they have all got some thing nice about them

Debbie Meadows
16-09-2005, 11:28
Emmerdale's Roxanne Pallett has promised that there will be exciting times ahead for her character over the next few months.

"Sex scenes don't bother me," the actress, who plays new veterinary receptionist Jo Stiles, told the Sunday Mirror.

"Jo is a very sexy character and her storyline is going to get racier over the next few months, and I can't wait. Me and Jo have a lot in common - especially our naughtiness."

Pallett has revealed that her role on the soap will show bullies who tormented her at school that she has made something of her life.

"My grandad is Italian so I've always had darker skin than most people," Roxanne explained. "And at school this singled me out as different from the other kids. I remember walking into school one day and the kids had written the 'N'-word on the blackboard to insult me.

"I also had my hair set on fire and was beaten up. But though it was hard to deal with at the time, I never gave up. I wouldn't let the bullies see how upset I was. In fact the whole experience made me stronger."

She added, "Now I can laugh at those people who bullied me and said I'd never make it because since I've joined Emmerdale, I feel like I have."

sarahwelford
16-09-2005, 11:30
setting her hair on fire i bet the bullies are not laughing now

feelingyellow
16-09-2005, 16:41
setting her hair on fire i bet the bullies are not laughing now

yeh, they'll probably thinking she gets to work with the gorgeous matthew and carl!