PDA

View Full Version : Dennis

Luna
13-09-2005, 09:17
Found this on DS but im not too sure on the source so thought i would put it in here

according the Mail magazine, Eastenders bosses have revealed Dennis's exit.

Dennis will go to America with Sharon and if Nigel Harman doesnt return they have said there is a possibilty he will be recast.

callummc
13-09-2005, 09:37
Bad mistake i think,dennis has grown on us over the last few years,a look alike would not cut it,by all means give shazza a new bloke but as a new charector,or recast wicksy ,1 of sharons old flames,it would be more beleivable than dennis going to usa with one head and coming back with another,we all know america is the home of the facelift but a new head is just unbeleivable

xXxJessxXx
13-09-2005, 16:42
we all know america is the home of the facelift but a new head is just unbeleivable

lol i agree. but if nigel doesnt want to return there isnt much they can do... its that or the character of dennis just dissapears, or they could kill him off.

but remember its a story, so he's obviously the same person, lol, just a new image. lol, i dont think they could ever replace him, Denis polays him so well (But then we dont know any different) i dont think any one could be better thna him at it.

hannah-mj
13-09-2005, 17:10
oh my god thats just stupid! i dont think they should do that!

Flozza
13-09-2005, 17:42
noooooooooooooo

Dutchgirl
13-09-2005, 18:24
Happens all the time in American shows,I do not think that there are any original actors left in As The World Turns.

angelblue
13-09-2005, 18:35
Bad mistake i think,dennis has grown on us over the last few years,a look alike would not cut it,by all means give shazza a new bloke but as a new charector,or recast wicksy ,1 of sharons old flames,it would be more beleivable than dennis going to usa with one head and coming back with another,we all know america is the home of the facelift but a new head is just unbeleivable

I saw it on ds to but the thread as been closed because it was unture i think but i am not sure :hmm:

I find it quite unrealistic for shaz to get an new bloke when she already found the love of her life

xXxJessxXx
13-09-2005, 18:42
I find it quite unrealistic for shaz to get an new bloke when she already found the love of her life

yea i agree... after all just beacuse Dennis's character has a new actor doesnt mean that Dennis is a different person in the soap. there is no need for her to have a new man/love just beacuse ngel has left leaving them to replace dennis with someone else.

angelblue
13-09-2005, 18:44
I dont know about a new dennis though i dont think it would work i prefer the dennis we already have :crying:

Nigelisdabest
13-09-2005, 20:07
oh my god thats just stupid! i dont think they should do that!

Hannah i love your thing with Nigel i really want that where did you get them pictures of him from.

Luna
13-09-2005, 20:22
Hannah i love your thing with Nigel i really want that where did you get them pictures of him from.

Try the banner request forum - they might be in there :D

Nigelisdabest
13-09-2005, 20:31
Where is that???

i_luv_dennis
13-09-2005, 20:31
at least he dont die i think he will come back as sharon is going out of it for 6 months

Dr. Tangliss
14-09-2005, 08:58
I think that's a silly idea, to recast.

tammyy2j
14-09-2005, 09:57
No way should they recast Dennis i would prefer to split up Shannis instead.

I heard that Dalton (the guy Dennis killed) son comes looking for revenge and Sharon and Dennis leave to go to America and then Dennis vanishes in America. Sharon returns to Walford devastated.

JustJodi
14-09-2005, 10:04
Happens all the time in American shows,I do not think that there are any original actors left in As The World Turns.
Yup all the time .. it isn't something new they do in the soaps ...

Carrie Bradshaw
14-09-2005, 11:09
The pictures are from an interview with Nigel Harman in this months New Woman magazine.

Back on topic, I can't really see a 'new' Dennis being as successful as the current one. Nigel Harman is one of, if not the, most popular actors in EE at the moment and it wouldn't be hard for a replacement to fail miserably!

Carrie Bradshaw
14-09-2005, 11:10
That must be really confusing!! :confused:

JustJodi
14-09-2005, 11:13
That must be really confusing!! :confused:

Basically once they have a story line for the character then it all blends in.. it works cos its been done from time to time :)

Mr Humphries
14-09-2005, 12:28
It really does depends on who replaces him. If it is was someone like Chris Jarvis from the Bill or Gary Lucy then yes you could accept it.

Problem is that if he does not want to be Nigel Harman does not want to be apart of Eastenders anymore then why should eastenders lose Dennis Rickman. Its not fair.

Replace him it worked with Sam, although I did prefer the old one, but it still worked and I accepted it

tammyy2j
14-09-2005, 12:57
It really does depends on who replaces him. If it is was someone like Chris Jarvis from the Bill or Gary Lucy then yes you could accept it.

Problem is that if he does not want to be Nigel Harman does not want to be apart of Eastenders anymore then why should eastenders lose Dennis Rickman. Its not fair.

Replace him it worked with Sam, although I did prefer the old one, but it still worked and I accepted it

It worked with Sam because the old one didn't have any storylines that is major storylines and audiences didn't really like her. Dennis has been involved in a lot of major storylines and is a very popular member of the cast and has a huge fanbase and admirers. I think recasting would be a bad idea. You wouldn't recast characters like Kat, Alfie, Chrissie, Sharon because the actors have made the character their own as has Nigel with Dennis. This is only my opinion.

angelblue
14-09-2005, 13:06
It worked with Sam because the old one didn't have any storylines that is major storylines and audiences didn't really like her. Dennis has been involved in a lot of major storylines and is a very popular member of the cast and has a huge fanbase and admirers. I think recasting would be a bad idea. You wouldn't recast characters like Kat, Alfie, Chrissie, Sharon because the actors have made the character their own as has Nigel with Dennis. This is only my opinion.

Yes i totally agree if they did re cast the part of dennis i dont think it will work as well and i dont think sharon and dennis relationship would be as successful :)

callummc
14-09-2005, 13:09
it could only work if it happened a few years down the line,like sam and mark,not in 6 months time

emma_strange
14-09-2005, 14:06
it wouldnt be the same without Nigel

hazey
14-09-2005, 14:16
This would be a big error, as I don't think it works so well when they recast,sometimes as with Mark the previous one died, then you haven't a opition, every one loves nigel, so I can't see it working

emma_strange
14-09-2005, 14:41
I liked the newer Mark, Todd Carty, I thought he played Mark so well.

xXxJessxXx
14-09-2005, 16:46

yeah that is what i thought, i think Kim plays a really good sam. i dont remember much of Daniella so i cant really say if it worked very well, but people have warmed ot kim as sam and i think it'll be the same wiht denins.

we've only seen nigel play him so how do we know that no one else could od it better. I admit though nigel is good so the next person must have to be exceptional!

Nigelisdabest
14-09-2005, 16:48
Yer they will have to be good and they will have to be buff hehe
but i dont think you will find anyone better looking than our Dennis :thumbsup:

xXxJessxXx
14-09-2005, 16:51
but i dont think you will find anyone better looking than our Dennis :thumbsup:

no me neither, :wub: everyhtign about him just makes me melt! i think it will be really really hard for them to find someone better than him, better looking too :heart:

Layne
14-09-2005, 17:34
Sorry only just found this thread, i have already said this before but YOU CANNOT Recast dennis!
Nigel = dennis, dennis= Nigel,
I mean they shouldn't even think consider considering a recast!
that is my opinion anyway!

callummc
14-09-2005, 19:45
but i dont think you will find anyone better looking than our Dennis :thumbsup:never mind his looks,it his ability to act that really matters,if he's drop dead gorgeus and cant act,the papers would shred him and ee with him

hayley
15-09-2005, 19:23
they cant recast dennis!