PDA

View Full Version : Second Chances - Sequel to First Date

Angeldelight
12-09-2005, 20:54
Second Chances
Part One

Can’t sleep, can’t breathe, can’t get up off my knees. I don’t know what come over me,

Jake woke slowly; shifting on the bed and opening his deep blue eyes, the sun was up and shining behind the curtains. He turned his head and looked at the woman lying beside him, curled into his side in sleep. He smiled to himself and looked around, this had become their bed in the six months after their first date. Six months and still, when he woke up in the mornings next to her, he wanted to pinch himself to make sure it was real. He leant down and gently touched his lips to hers, Chrissie’s eyes fluttered open in response to the tender kiss and smiled at him, morning
Jake- morning gorgeous I didn’t mean to wake you
Chrissie- I don’t mind if it’s you
Jake shifted and smiled down at her, good
Chrissie laughed and just looked at him smiling at her
When he looked at her he saw nothing but strength, courage and the sheer will that had kept her going after Den’s leaving, he’d needed that and her and she’d been there. When Danny had died it had torn him to pieces for a while, he’d been a mess and she’s been his strength, his rock, his steady centre in a sea of pain. He loved this woman more than words, more than he could ever express and here she was lying next to him. Just by being she was his weakness, but he didn’t care, he loved her.
Chrissie- what you thinking?
Jake- just about how beautiful you are
Chrissie- really
Jake- how lucky I am, he stroked a fingertip over her cheek
Chrissie- are you now
Jake leant down to kiss her again, the luckiest man alive
Chrissie pulled him down for a kiss of her own and looked into his eyes, saw the emotions swirling there, what time is it?
Jake looked across at the clock, nine
Chrissie smiled slyly, seeing as we’ve got a bit of time on our hands, why don’t you show me just how lucky
Jake grinned, I’d be happy to, and when he kissed her this time he could feel himself drowning in her, she was his only.

Chrissie stood at the bar of the Vic looking around at the customers chatting and drinking with their friends and colleges. She heard the music playing in the background and smiled to herself. Thinking of her first date with Jake, how nervous she’d been, she remembered the way he’d danced with her that night, the way he’d kissed her. Making her feel special and safe, the only things she’d really ever wanted from a man. She thought about Den and the last time she’d seen him, what she’d done, the thoughts sent a shiver down her spine and she turned round to look at the door to the cellar, that was her past, and you can’t build a future with out a past. But her past was tainted, tainted by a man she’d loved, who’d hurt her in all the ways he could. She knew she was living a lie but surely living a lie was so much better than having to face the truth, she’d lose Jake and that she couldn’t bear, not now, he was part of her life, she needed him, she couldn’t let him go.
Jake walked in the doors and smiled at her as he crossed the room towards her, and smiled until he reached her, hello
Chrissie managed a small smile, what are you doing in here?
Jake- lunch
Chrissie- really, she lent on the bar to flirt with him
Jake- yeh Johnny let me go a little early
Chrissie tensed she knew she shouldn’t, but she couldn’t help it, she was scared. She didn’t like him working for Johnny not after what happened, but he did, he said everything was fine and not to worry, but she did, she loved him that thought scared her too but she did. The voice in her heart had been telling her for months now, she loved him and there was no going back.
Jake- it’s quiet
Chrissie- it is today
Jake- come here
Chrissie- what, she leant closer to him
Jake framed her face with his hands and kissed her, that’s better
She smiled at him and lent in for another kiss
Jake- what’s wrong?
Chrissie- nothing
Jake- liar
Chrissie- nothing important, I’ve just been thinking
Jake- why don’t I ask Johnny if I can have the afternoon off, you can get Sharon in and we can go out somewhere
Chrissie- I’ve told you I’m fine
Jake- don’t you want to spend the afternoon with me
Chrissie- don’t even think about using that one Mr Moon
Jake sighed, it was worth a try
Chrissie- do you want a drink? She asked sweetly
Jake- I suppose if that the best you’re gonna offer
Chrissie- I’m not having a quickie with you in your lunch hour, I’ve got customers to serve
Jake- hope springs eternal
Chrissie laughed she knew now without doubt, she was in love with him and there was nothing she could do about, nothing she wanted to do about it. She was his and she’d have to tell him, have to share that dark part of herself with him, she couldn’t lie to him.

Whenever you come near, heart’s pounding in my chest a little voice inside my head,

squillyfer
12-09-2005, 20:59
more more more more more more !!!!!

Tamzi
12-09-2005, 21:02
Thats really good. Loving Jake trying to sweet talk Chrissie
xxx

hayley
12-09-2005, 23:07
Thats brill - please do more!

sarahwelford
13-09-2005, 00:18
more more more i really like it

Carrie Bradshaw
13-09-2005, 00:25
Aawww! :wub: Jakissie!! Can't wait to read more!

sarahwelford
13-09-2005, 00:28
Just wondering carrie you read my fanfic heartbreak along the way

Amber
13-09-2005, 22:01
Oooh! Yay you did a sequel! Fantastic as usual! More soon :D

xXxJessxXx
13-09-2005, 22:50
this is really good

Layne
13-09-2005, 23:13
Wey a sequel, this is tip top stuff honey! More soon
Luv ya
Layne
x x x

Rach33
17-09-2005, 20:26
Top stuff my angel more soon babes I know you've written the rest so you CAN post it please for me

Angeldelight
21-09-2005, 21:58
Second Chances
Part Two

Can’t hear a word it says but the feelings are loud and clear. Love must be telling me something,

When Jake arrived at the Vic that evening after work and saw Chrissie standing at the bar, her back to him as he’d come through the back to surprise her. He tiptoed towards her and wrapped his arms around her waist and kissed the back of her neck, which was exposed as she’d put her hair up. She laughed lightly and turned to face him, evening
Jake lent in and kissed her, his hands gilding up her back, evening
Chrissie smiled, that was nice, do it again
Jake laughed and kissed her again, don’t you have customers
Chrissie- they can wait… she looked at him, so?
Jake grinned quickly, so what?
Chrissie sighed, how was work?
Jake grinned again, this had been the hard part for her to get use to again, being a couple, sharing problems, listening to each other’s day, it was fine thanks
Chrissie- well you’re still in one piece
Jake’s eyes flickered with grief as he answered her, yeh
Chrissie- I’m sorry, I didn’t think, she framed his face in her hands
Jake- it’s ok
Chrissie dropped her hands and stepped away, why don’t you go and get a shower, clean up
Jake took her hands and linked their fingers, it’s ok to talk about, I know he’s dead
Chrissie- I didn’t wana bring it up
Jake- he died because he set fire to Johnny’s house and was caught in it, I couldn’t have stopped him
Chrissie smiled and kissed him, I know, why don’t we get a take away tonight, have a night in
Jake- aren’t you working?
Chrissie grinned, not all night
Jake grinned back and kissed her hard cupping the back of her neck with his free hand, I’ll think of something
Chrissie watched him go up the stairs and smiled to herself, everything was perfect, going well so there was no need to spoil things by the mention of her husband, he was dead, he didn’t matter, the future mattered.

Chrissie pushed the last of the customers out of the doors and locked them behind them; she wandered over to the other set and locked them too, the click of locks sliding echoed around the empty pub. She’d been thinking about the situation all evening, she couldn’t, she couldn’t tell Jake what had happened, they were fine as they were, she didn’t need to tell him she was in love him, that she’d buried her husband beneath concrete a few yards from where she was standing. She didn’t need to but she wanted to, feared that once she had things would never be the same, ever be the same but he deserved to know who she was, what she’d made of herself that night, he deserved the truth.

Jake lit the last candle and turned to put the plates on the table when Chrissie started walking up the stairs, she was tired, her feet were aching and she just wanted to lie down and sleep for a few years. She saw the light flickering on to the walls from the kitchen, her heart skipped a beat, and she lost her breath. What was going on, it couldn’t be, he was dead. She rushed up the last of the stairs and turned quickly into the kitchen, her heart began to beat faster when she saw the table set for two with candles and Jake standing beside it smiling at her, your dinner is served
Chrissie let out the breath she’d been holding, Jake
Jake smiled at her, you ok?
Chrissie laughed, yeh I just thought, don’t worry
Jake smiled at her as she sat down and took her wine glass for a sip, here
Chrissie looked at him as he’d sat opposite her and handed her a fork, so what’s this?
Jake shook his head as he had a mouthful of food, he managed to swallow some, guess
Chrissie took a forkful and smiled in delight
Jake- like it?
Chrissie- thank you
Jake- that’s ok
Chrissie- we had this on our first date
Jake- complete with, he lent over and turned on the stereo
Chrissie- the song we danced to
Jake smiled at her and took her hand across the table; it’s a night I’ll never forget
Chrissie- why?
Jake- because it gave me you
Chrissie squeezed his hand as a tear slipped down her cheek
Jake reached out and wiped it with his fingertip, I love you Chrissie
Chrissie- what? All her thoughts scattered at the simple sentence
Jake smiled, you heard I love you
Chrissie- you love me? She muttered it again in astonishment
Jake- that’s what I said
Chrissie laid her hand over his that lay on her cheek, good I love you too

Giving me some kind of sign, spellin’ it out for me love must be tellin’ me, I must be falling tonight.

hayley
21-09-2005, 23:01
wow thats great!

Carrie Bradshaw
21-09-2005, 23:53
This is great! They're in love! :wub:

Amber
22-09-2005, 18:19
Awww! MOOOOOOOOORE! Please!

Tamzi
22-09-2005, 19:26
that was really sweet, more soon please
xxx

Rach33
23-09-2005, 22:34
awwwww Jakissie awwwww they love each other blesss more soooooon it's fabbie

sarahwelford
24-09-2005, 01:43
how sweet post more a.s.a.p

Angeldelight
24-09-2005, 21:24
Second Chances
Part Three

But I’ve been in love and lost, I’ve sworn I’d swore it off, no matter what the cost,

Jake cleared the empty plates away and pulled Chrissie up to dance with him in the cramped kitchen, he wrapped his arms around her waist and kissed her slowly
Chrissie looked into his eyes, thanks for tonight
Jake smiled; it’s ok, it’s what men in love do
Chrissie- why do you love me Jake?
Jake’s smile sobered as he looked at her, because you’re strong, clever, sexy, kind, funny and you had a bad run but your still here being you, I’ve never met anyone who has your courage.
A tear slipped unnoticed down her cheek, that’s not me Jake
Jake- yeh it is, you just can’t see it
She wrapped her arms around him, laid her head on his shoulder and closed her eyes, it’s not. She breathed in the scent of him and prepared herself for his reaction
Jake- I brought you this
Chrissie pulled away as he reached in his pocket and pulled out a small box
Jake- here, he took her hand and opening it placed the jewellery box in her palm
Chrissie gaped at the box, at what it meant, of what he was doing for her; slowly with a shaky hand she opened the box. A diamond eternity ring sparkled in the kitchen light, diamonds ringed the gold band and meant only one thing from a man, he was deeply in love
Jake spoke at her silence, it’s an eternity ring, I brought it because I want to promise you that whatever happens or doesn’t happen that I love you, that I’ll love you always, for an eternity
Chrissie smiled as she looked up at him, I don’t deserve you
Jake grinned and kissed her, yeh you do, he picked the ring from the box and slipped onto her third finger of her right hand
Chrissie- it’s beautiful
Jake- like its owner
Chrissie leaned into kiss him and felt the dread appear in her stomach, no
Jake- no what?
Chrissie- I love you Jake
Jake- what is it?
Chrissie- you love me, you brought me this beautiful ring, and I…
Jake sat her down on a chair as she’d begun to go pale, what is it Chrissie?
Chrissie looked up at him with love and regret in her eyes, I’m so sorry Jake, I’m sorry, I didn’t mean it you have to know that
She was pale and shaking, but the seriousness of her voice and the emotions in her eyes worried him, I know, whatever it is we can sort it out, we’ll do it together
Chrissie looked at him and then the ring he’d brought her on her finger, it was now or never what ever happened from this point onwards she needed to be totally honest with him whether they made it or not, it’s about Den
Jake- Den? Of all things rushing through his mind that hadn’t come close, what is it? he took her ringed hand in his, tell me Chrissie
Chrissie took a deep breath and looked into his eyes, he didn’t leave
Confusion flew across Jake’s face a minute before pity, she still blamed herself
Chrissie- he’s dead

Jake stared at her unblinking continued to watch her, what? It was the only word he spoke
Chrissie- you know about Zoe, well it goes further back than that
Jake- what are you talking about, this is stupid
Chrissie- it all started on Christmas, Sharon and Dennis had decided to go away so they could be together but Den wouldn’t allow it. He got Zoe to tell Dennis she was pregnant with his child knowing Sharon couldn’t have children.
Jake- yeh, he muttered cautiously not knowing where this was all going
Chrissie- So Sharon left and Dennis stayed, but Zoe wasn’t pregnant and he wouldn’t go near her in that way, so she turned to Den
Jake gazed at her with understanding; then he spoke, Den had planned it that way
Chrissie nodded glad he understood at least one vital point, Dennis found them in bed together and decided to leave but before he left Zoe told him everything. I was coming back from shopping when I saw him at the tube station and he told me
Jake- you had a right to know, he smiled at her, Chrissie what’s going on?
Chrissie took her wine glass and emptied it in one long gulp, you have to listen and understand, it wasn’t meant to be like this
Jake nodded, he had a bad feeling about this and he couldn’t shake it off, go ahead
Chrissie- I spoke to Zoe let her know I knew, that’s when she found out she was pregnant, I couldn’t believe it, I was so angry and hurt. I’d wanted a baby but Den didn’t want more children yet here she was pregnant with his child
Jake took her other hand in a sign of support and let her carry on with her story
Chrissie- she decided she wanted an abortion and I was so glad, it’s cruel but I was pleased, I talked her into letting me go with her to the hospital, I wanted to be sure she’d go through with it. She told everyone it was a miscarriage, she couldn’t face the fact she’d had an abortion, that his money had paid for it… Chrissie poured more wine and drank before carrying on. Then I was talking with Sam, she was low, had hit rock bottom and I thought here we are again, Den had managed to swindle her out of the Vic and left her with nothing, another life he’d destroyed. Sharon, Dennis, me, Zoë, Sam, surely it was time for some payback, a way to get even
Jake- what happened Chrissie?
Chrissie- we all got him on his own after locking up me, Sam, Zoe and tried to make him sign over the Vic and leave, that’s all we wanted, but he wouldn’t, some how I’d knew he wouldn’t so I brought Sharon back so she could hear what he’d done and how he didn’t care.
Jake understood, she’d been the woman scorned too many times and had decided to stop it, was this why she’d cracked and cried over him that afternoon all those months ago?
Chrissie- but still he wouldn’t do it, he was so angry when Sharon left, he came at me, actually came at me, grabbed me hit my head against the fruit machine, he was going to kill me. Tears had been running down her cheeks for the last 5 minutes.
Jake- who killed him?
Chrissie looked up at him through her tears, what?
Understanding came into his eyes this was it, did you kill him Chrissie?
Chrissie looked into his eyes, squeezed his hands tight… yeh I’m sorry

I can learn to live without, but you weren’t in my plans now baby here I am

Amber
24-09-2005, 21:43
NOOOOOOOOOOO! Jake don't be mad at Chrissie :(
More soon :)

sarahwelford
25-09-2005, 03:25
please dont keep us in expense

Rach33
25-09-2005, 11:08
oh my goodness that was fabbie more very very soon please

hayley
25-09-2005, 16:48
You cant leave it like this!!
more asap!

Tamzi
25-09-2005, 20:00
Jake better understand. Post more please
xxx

Amber
26-09-2005, 20:24
Oi! Get on here and post the next part!.. Please :)

lil baby tash
26-09-2005, 21:25
more more

Angeldelight
07-10-2005, 20:27
i'm sorry in advance for the next part... don't hate me

lil baby tash
07-10-2005, 20:30
post it even if i hate u u can make it better please........................

squillyfer
07-10-2005, 20:31
we wont hate you i love this script

Angeldelight
07-10-2005, 20:33
Second chances
Part Four

I still don’t understand but I no there ain’t no doubt. Love must be telling me something

Jake let her hands fall and he stood up to look down at her, she’d killed her husband, she’d killed Den Watts, I have to go
Chrissie stood up and faced him, Jake don’t
Jake- I need some time
Chrissie- I’m sorry, I didn’t mean it, I didn’t want him dead, fresh tears rolled down her cheeks, for Jake, for herself, for them, she lifted her hands to take his shoulders
He turned away from her slightly showing her he didn’t want to be touched, I know… I need some time… some space
Chrissie nodded though she wanted to pull him to her. Lay her head on his shoulder and have his arms to come around her and for him to tell her it was all right, but it wasn’t, ok then
Jake stalked out of the room and down the stairs; he didn’t pause for his jacket but opened the door and marched straight out into the cold night air. He leant against the wall and took a deep breath, his stomach was churning and nausea sent him to his knees on the hard concrete of the pavement. He registered the pain, a human sensation that made him feel real, made it all more real. He slowly lifted his head and gulped the clean air into his lungs; looking up at the night sky he wished she hadn’t told him, wished for a shooting star to undone the damage that had been caused, to erase the knowledge from his mind.

Chrissie dissolved into the chair; her legs just couldn’t hold her anymore. She looked at the empty doorway and could feel more tears roll down her cheeks. She shouldn’t have told him, shouldn’t have made him live through the nightmare she had too, should have kept it bottled up inside, where it was safe. She pushed him too far this time, she’d pushed him away and now she’d have to face him, knowing he knew her secret knew what she really was. She looked at the ring he’d brought and placed on her finger, the sign of what they’d meant to each other and she had destroyed it, destroyed them, because she couldn’t lie, couldn’t lie to him. Jake’s reaction had scared her, he’d been so cold and distant, he known before she said it that it had been her, she been the murderer. She hadn’t thought about the consequences, about what it would do to him, how would he cope with it, what it would to them as a couple. Why hadn’t she kept her mouth shut? Why?

Jake sat on Arthur’s bench staring up at the sky or the Vic’s windows, how could she have lived with a secret like that for so long. She’d kept it from him all this time, they’d been together for six months and everyday he’d woken with her, she’d began the day with a lie, but so hadn’t he. He’d witnessed a murder, had watched a man being pushed over a bridge to death, heard him scream and watched the murderer walk away cool and controlled. How had she coped, she’d fooled everyone even him, he’d had feelings for before then, but she’d pulled the wool over his eyes and he had believed her. He’d comforted her, let her cry out her sorrow for man he didn’t believe deserved it, he’d stood by her, and she’d lied. He wanted to forgive her, to pretend none of what she’d said happened, for them to carry on as they had been, but he didn’t know whether he could. She’d killed a man, killed her husband and wrapped his disappearance in lies. She’d made herself the victim and he lied to him, lied to his face and that he wasn’t sure he could forgive and forget, but he loved her more than life it’s self.

Chrissie lay in bed as the sun crept through the curtains she’d been too drained to close the night before. It had been over 24 hours since she’d told Jake and he’d walked out on her. She’d spent another sleepless night alone, wondering where Jake was and what she’d done. She lay curled into the duvet, lying on Jake’s side of the bed breathing in his scent from his pillow. She hadn’t slept and had been waiting for him to come home, had been waiting for the words that were so likely to come. She’d cried herself dry and now lay eyes red and puffy, her head lying on his pillow and the little white stick clutched in her hand. She’d sat there an hour before and watched with panic and fear as blue lines appeared. Now she had destroyed a family, she’d been scared to do the test, but the results had truly frightened her, how could she tell him? How could she have brought a child into this mess? What had she done, and how could she figure out a solution?

Giving me some kind of sign, spellin it out of me Love must be tellin me I must be falling tonight.

squillyfer
07-10-2005, 20:38
Awww that was great more asap

lil baby tash
07-10-2005, 20:42
fantabulous tis great but jakey forgive her?.........................
tasha x x

Angeldelight
07-10-2005, 20:47
you'll have to wait and see haven't written the LAST part yet... will he won't he? hehe

lil baby tash
07-10-2005, 20:52
OMG u can't do this to me its not fair.............................

Angeldelight
07-10-2005, 20:55
sorry but hehe hehe hehe hehe

Tamzi
07-10-2005, 21:26
will Jake forgive her? This is very good, can't wait for the last part
xxx

Amber
07-10-2005, 22:23
Jake please forgive her. More soon :)

Layne
07-10-2005, 23:36
Post more soon please i ned to know what is gonna happen let jake forgive her please
layne
x x x

sarahwelford
08-10-2005, 00:38
wow this is brilliant more soon a.s.a.p please

Angeldelight
10-10-2005, 19:28
here's the final part... :crying: BEWARE this is a very long part... :angel:

Second Chances
Part Five

But you weren’t in my plans, now baby here I am, I still don’t understand but I no there ain’t no doubt

Jake got up from the bed and stumbled in to the bathroom of number 41, when he’d come back to the house for home was with Chrissie two nights ago, they hadn’t asked any questions and had let him be. He stood in the shower thinking about what had been, the worst 24 hours of his life. He had spent another sleepless night thinking about what Chrissie had told him, what he’d witnessed with Andy, how much he loved her, what he was going to do when he saw her again and still hadn’t come up with anything.
Alfie- Jake?
Jake- yeh, he stepped out of the shower and wrapped a towel around his waist
Alfie- you ok?
Jake- yeh
Alfie- do you want some coffee, toast?
Jake- nah thanks
Alfie- you need to eat Jake
Jake- I’m fine, he looked at himself in the mirror and pulled out a razor, ill be fine
Alfie- I’m downstairs if you wana talk about it

Chrissie added the finishing touches to her make up, she was determined to put on a brave face, she’d done it before and she could do it again. She had a pub to run and someone else to support, she couldn’t give up now. She walked down the stairs and saw Dennis and Sharon giggling at the door. She watched Dennis run a hand over her hair and kissed her before he walked away to the bookies.
Sharon- oh hey
Chrissie- right, better open those doors
Sharon- what’s going on Chrissie?
Chrissie- nothing, she crossed the room and opened one set of doors, the words from the radio playing away to itself made tears fill her eyes.
‘If I could turn, turn back the hands of time
Then my darlin' you would be mine’
Sharon- if you wana talk about it, I’m here ok
Chrissie opened the second set of doors, yeh, I’ve got a pub to run

Jake sat at the kitchen table with a mug of coffee and Alfie sitting opposite him in silence. There was music coming from the radio, the song sounded so fitting to his situation he laughed at it.
‘If I could turn, turn back the hands of time
Then my darlin' you would be mine’
Alfie- what is it Jake?
Jake- she lied
Alfie- Chrissie lied?
Jake- all this time
Alfie- and she’s finally told you?
Jake- yeh
Alfie- what kinda lie is it Jake? Can you get past it?
Jake- a bad one, I duno, he scrubbed his hands over his face, I duno whether I can forgive her Alfie, I love her, I really do, but-
Alfie- do you want to? Do you want to be with her? Rebuild that trust?
Jake- what?
Alfie- if you want to forgive her, to trust her, then you should go and talk to her, think about it Jake

Chrissie sat at the kitchen table, a bowl of soup in front of her, Sharon had it made her she had to start eating, ‘its your tea Chrissie eat it’. She picked up the spoon and remembered sitting here with Jake nights before, candlelight and music and a tear slipped down her cheek.
Sharon- that’s it, tell me, she sat opposite Chrissie waiting
Chrissie- what? She blinked away the memories
Sharon- talk about it, what’s he done?
Chrissie- I did it, I’ve lied to him, kept a secret from him
Sharon- but you told him
Chrissie- I couldn’t lie to him anymore, she began to eat with out realising. I wanted a relationship based on honesty; I needed to be honest with him
Sharon- so what was it?
Chrissie- I can’t tell you, I won’t tell anyone else and make them live with it
Sharon- Chrissie I never thanked you
Chrissie- what?
Sharon- for what you did that night you brought me back, I mean at the time and for some time afterwards I hated you for it. But now I’m glad, I’m glad I know what he did, that I heard it from him.
Chrissie- I’m sorry Sharon, I’m so sorry
Sharon- you gave me back Dennis, if he’d found me and I hadn’t heard dad then I probably wouldn’t have believed him, and now. She looked at the ring on her finger; I’m marrying the man I love
Chrissie- not everything has a happy ending Sharon
Sharon- maybe not, but now he knows the truth

Jake let himself in to the Vic with the keys Chrissie had given him, he saw people in the bar and moved to the stairs of out sight, and began walking up them one at a time. When he reached the top he saw Sharon walk out of the kitchen and saw the instant she noticed he was there.
Sharon- what do you want? Her body blocked the doorway in a sign of protection
Jake- I need to talk to her
Sharon- don’t you hurt her like this again Jake
Jake nodded and shifted so she could walk past him and down the stairs; he walked to the kitchen and saw Chrissie sitting at the small table eating a bowl of soup, love swarmed through and made him want to fall to his knees… Chrissie
Chrissie looked up and saw him standing in the doorway, her heart leapt and began it’s beat again, Jake
Jake looked at her, she was pale and a tear stained her cheek, we need to talk
Chrissie nodded, but kept her gaze locked with his. She didn’t moved when he sat down opposite her, I’m sorry
Jake- so am I
Chrissie- why are you sorry you didn’t kill him
Jake- I’m sorry I walked out, I’m sorry you didn’t tell me sooner
Chrissie- this is a mess Jake
Jake laughed, oh yeh
Chrissie- but I do love you, I had to tell you, I wanted to be honest with you, I need that with you
Jake- why Chrissie?
Chrissie- I didn’t meant to, it wasn’t what I wanted
Jake took her hand, she still wore the ring he brought her so she looked up at him, why Chrissie?
Chrissie took a deep breath, I thought he was dead and he grabbed me, grabbed my ankle, she squeezed Jake’s hand, I thought he was dead
Jake- so you hit him
Chrissie nodded as fresh tears spilled down her cheeks; Jake leaned over and wiped them away with his finger, Jake
Jake- it’s ok I needed to know
Chrissie- then we’re ok?
Jake looked at her and didn’t know how he’d ever thought otherwise, she was his world he loved her, he needed her. Yeh we’re ok
Chrissie jumped up and pulling him up with her, wrapped her arms around him in hug, tears of happiness now spilling down her cheeks
Jake rubbed his hands along her back comfortingly, hey come on
Chrissie- I thought you’d go, I thought
He kissed her, stroking his hands lovingly across her back, I’m here
Chrissie- what’s going to happen Jake?
Jake- we’re just guna have to make it work
Chrissie- how can you love me after… after what I did, she stood back so she could look at him and know the answer
Jake- you were scared and you hit him, you didn’t want to kill him. You told me, you were honest with me, I’m glad you were. I’m glad you love me enough. He stroked her cheeks and made her smile
Chrissie placed here hands on his cheeks, I don’t want us to have secrets Jake, we need to be honest
Jake- we won’t, we’ll be completely honest, so I need to tell you something
Chrissie- what?
Jake sat down with her in his lap; I was there when Andy died
Chrissie- you were what?
Andy- I saw Andy go over the bridge, it was Johnny
Chrissie looked at him speechless, he’d kept this from her as she’d kept Den’s death, secrets. Why didn’t you tell me?
Jake- when I was lying awake last night I came round to the fact that you were honest with me, and being honest was what I want for us. I’d been hiding from what happened, forgetting it never happened, but it did happen.
Chrissie- what about Johnny, he killed Andy?
Jake- I didn’t know what was going to happen and when I saw it, when he pushed him I couldn’t believe it
Chrissie- what’s happened to us?
Jake took her hands, nothing we’re just finding out about each other
Chrissie- it’s so much, there’s just so much we don’t know
Jake- no there’s not, you know everything now, Chrissie I love you, I don’t want to lose you
Chrissie kissed him deeply and lent back against him, I’m not going anywhere
Jake- neither am I, you didn’t take it off, my ring
Chrissie- I was hoping you’d come back
Jake- we know the worst and nothing’s changed
Chrissie- no more secrets or lies
Jake- exactly
Chrissie- if that’s true I’ve got some news for you
Jake- oh yeh, he eyed her suspiciously, what?
Chrissie placed the pregnancy test in to his open hand, I did this this morning, she turned to face him, to look into his eyes, we’re having a baby Jake
Jake’s eyes widened with surprise and pleasure, a baby?
Chrissie smiled when he kissed her, our own little family
Jake grinned like a fool, I love you so much; he placed a hand on her flat stomach
Chrissie covered his hand with hers, I love you too

Love must be telling me something, giving me some kind of sign, spellin it out of me, Love must be tellin me, I must be falling tonight.

Tamzi
10-10-2005, 20:12
Oh, they got back together and a little Jakissie baby! How sweet. This was really good
xxx

hayley
14-10-2005, 17:58
that is excellent! what a brill ending!

Layne
14-10-2005, 18:19
This was excellent honey!!!!

A fab ending!!! I printed it off and read whilst babysitting!!! Fab honey well done!!! awwwwwwwwwwwwwww Jake and Chrisise and a baby! x

Amber
14-10-2005, 22:19
Oh my gosh! They got back together! That was amazing! I'm close to tears! I love your scripts!

Angeldelight
15-10-2005, 22:22
thank you thank you thank you... glad you all enjoyed it... i did toy with the idea of not getting them back together but i just couldn;'t make myself write it... hehe

Rach33
16-10-2005, 15:36
Just caught up Honey it's fab as per usual