PDA

View Full Version : Grandparents

Angeltigger
07-09-2005, 09:47
I just worked out that people in Hollyoaks do not go and see their Grandparents and we have never seen them either. We only seen The hunters grandmother.

RealityGap
07-09-2005, 10:22
Sadly this is not that uncommon in todays society in real life - although how many grandparents do we see in any soap?

Angeltigger
07-09-2005, 10:24
Yeah that what i was thinking.. It like the programme which is called Should i worry about ageing.. People don't want people who are over 60 in things, so that why we don't see people over 60 in avderts, working, in newpaper. And now it seem to be in Soaps.

Abbie
07-09-2005, 17:02
that is a good point i think hollyoaks is the only sopa without OAP's in it

Angeltigger
07-09-2005, 17:21
Yeah, as Eastender has nana moon, corrie have lot,

Abbie
07-09-2005, 17:28
yer lol corrie has a lot

Abbie
07-09-2005, 17:29
to tell you the truth i cant image hollyoaks with grandparent type people can you?

RealityGap
07-09-2005, 17:55
Corrie might have a good few older people in it but th e kids in it never go and see their grandparents and the older people never have their grandkids to visit (obviously Steve and Tracys daughter sees both grans, one grandfather and her great grandmother - but what about the other kids - where is the websters grandparents?)

Abbie
09-09-2005, 16:38
yer that is a good point

emma_strange
10-09-2005, 12:04
v.good point. I mean, I see my gran like nearly every day

bubblegum_fairy
10-09-2005, 12:29
good point, but not everyone does see there grandparents every day and there is only one old person living around my area well part on the street....

I suppose grandparents don't fit in with the way 'Hollyoaks' is aimed.

myvoice
10-09-2005, 13:53
I don't know if this has been mentioned but a couple of weeks ago Justin was talking to his Granny on the phone.

xXxJessxXx
10-09-2005, 14:04
I think hollyoaks is aimed more for the younger generation... like teens and younger adults. beacsue they have a lot of teenagers in it and quite a few students. they dont have any older characters and not that many adults either. a lot of it is based around the kids like the hunters you dont normaly know much about their day to day activites only lee and lisa's, same with the taylors... its more based on the kids that Richard and Liz. etc.

where as Eastenders and corrie have loads. Eastenders with Nana, Pauline, Dot, jim, Joe, Mo, Charlie, Patrick, Peggy, Yolande etc and corrie wiht Ruta, Emily, Fred, Vera, Jack, Ken, Blanche, Audrey... they are based more for all generatoons like adults and older people and the younger peple as well.

i wouldnt think you'd get a many old ladies watching Hollyoaks but i bet there's a few hwo watch Corrie and eastenders. its just who their show is aimed at.

Angeltigger
12-09-2005, 19:56
Yeah i know all that. it kind of for younger people..

di marco
30-10-2005, 16:02
the point is though, not the fact that there arent any old people in the soap, but that the kids never see there grandparents, there might be loads of older people in soaps like ee but there not everyones grandparents are they? (if you get what i mean)

Katy
30-10-2005, 18:28
most soap grandparents are used in like reference, e.g. Lisa went to stay with her grandma in Hollyoaks, Beccas gran died.

di marco
30-10-2005, 19:12
most soap grandparents are used in like reference, e.g. Lisa went to stay with her grandma in Hollyoaks, Beccas gran died.

yes and in some ways thats a good thing as you dont have to introduce loads of new characters into the show, but some people dont even mention their grandparents

Angeltigger
31-10-2005, 09:35
yes and in some ways thats a good thing as you dont have to introduce loads of new characters into the show, but some people dont even mention their grandparents

You would not have to introduce loads of new characters into the show, they could just be extras

di marco
31-10-2005, 19:53
You would not have to introduce loads of new characters into the show, they could just be extras

but still there would be loads of extras, it wouldnt make sense, they would have to pay loads of people to come in for a few days, it would be pointless if they had everyones grandparents on the screen at one point or another

Angeltigger
31-10-2005, 20:50
Ok well it was an idea!!!!!!!!!

di marco
31-10-2005, 20:52
Ok well it was an idea!!!!!!!!!

im not saying they shouldnt all go and see their grandparents or mention them, im just saying i dont think they should all be seen on the show