PDA

View Full Version : Corrie fans speak up for Shelley

kayla05
06-09-2005, 15:40
Coronation Street bosses have admitted that they risk upsetting their hardcore viewers if the planned wedding between Shelley and Charlie goes ahead.

Unhinged Shelley, played by Sally Lindsay, looks set to wed her beastly boyfriend, despite him almost driving her to the brink of a breakdown.

And fans of the ITV soap are not happy with the idea of her pinning her hopes of future happiness on such a no-hoper and have let bosses know in a new survey.

Ninety-one per cent of viewers are against the match, according to the Daily Star, making bosses think twice about whether to go through with the storyline.

"We'll have to be very careful," an insider told the newspaper.

"The people who matter have spoken."

The embattled barmaid has already had to meet with therapist Zack in an effort to regain her confidence and is slowly losing all her friends as she tends to her husband-to-be's every whim.

And having already had to cope with her mum, Bev, sleeping with her man behind her back, it seems that wedding bells are the last thing the unhappy Shelley needs right now.

RealityGap
08-09-2005, 12:32
I think that Shelly should run off with Zack

alan45
08-09-2005, 12:35
I think Charlie should just run off

RealityGap
08-09-2005, 12:38
I think Charlie should just run off

perferably under a bus!

Keating's babe
08-09-2005, 14:01
Zack is cute - and anyone else think he will be the one who makes Shelley see what Charlie is like? :hmm:

RealityGap
08-09-2005, 14:04
Zack is cute - and anyone else think he will be the one who makes Shelley see what Charlie is like? :hmm:

hopefully

dddMac1
08-09-2005, 15:23
i think this storyline has gone on long enough time for it to end

jonni
08-09-2005, 15:29
yer but dey will carry it on

dddMac1
08-09-2005, 15:30
i think they know that the viewers don't like this storyline even though it deals with a real life isue

RealityGap
08-09-2005, 15:30
i think this storyline has gone on long enough time for it to end

So so true! I am fed up of it now

alan45
08-09-2005, 15:40
Zack and anyone else think he will be the one who makes Shelley see what Charlie is like? :hmm:

Yes I think so because he is a stranger - she cannot accept the truth from her friends and relatives. Unfortunately this is how it is in reality.