PDA

View Full Version : New Actress for Role for Janine

Chloe O'brien
05-09-2005, 21:29
Frank Butcher may be returning to Albert Square for the trial of murdering daughter Janine but actress Charlie Brooks (pictured) is not so keen.

With EastEnders bosses fired up for her character to come back, it may mean a new actress for the role, as with Sam Butcher (and, in fact, Janine) before. You read it here first…

Source:Sky's Ann Montini's soap Gossip

Chloe xx

RealityGap
05-09-2005, 21:36
would be weird to see another actress step into Charlie's shoes

Hope that she does come back for the scenes lets face it she wont be in it for long as Janine is due a long stretch at her Majesty's pleasure - she can keep Sam company

kayla05
07-09-2005, 15:12
I would also love to see Charlie return, she was great.

dddMac1
07-09-2005, 15:27
would be good if charlie did return

Luna
07-09-2005, 15:27
But that isn't going to happen - wonder who they will get if they they do

Bryan
07-09-2005, 15:56
well look how kim medcalf has worked out, proof it can work, but syaing that the original sam was nothing to write home about, and the current janine (charlie brooks) was fantastic in the role, theyd really need someone better to replace her

besides i thought i heard charlie brooks say she'd return in a few years once Kiki had started school?

dddMac1
07-09-2005, 16:16
kim Medcalf is a lot better than the old sam

Flozza
07-09-2005, 16:27
yea i agree kim rocks

Mr Humphries
07-09-2005, 18:45
Zoe Lucker would be the best person to replace Janine, but her footballer's wives fame would not make it possible. Charlie Brooks was such a good bitch it will make it extremely impossible for them to re cast that part. They should just pay her a fortune to come back.

Or what was the name of the women in Bad Girls that was in charge of the peckham boot gang, not al or the other one that is still in it the nasty one she might be good.

The new sam, is good but Danielle Westbrook was really raw and gritty which is what the new sam lacks, she is to weak and cry's far to much

pops110874
07-09-2005, 22:31
Zoe Lucker would be the best person to replace Janine, but her footballer's wives fame would not make it possible. Charlie Brooks was such a good bitch it will make it extremely impossible for them to re cast that part. They should just pay her a fortune to come back.

Or what was the name of the women in Bad Girls that was in charge of the peckham boot gang, not al or the other one that is still in it the nasty one she might be good.

The new sam, is good but Danielle Westbrook was really raw and gritty which is what the new sam lacks, she is to weak and cry's far to much

Discussed this on another thread somewhere... I would like to see zoe lucker in ee, think she would be a great partner to someone like grant - pity hes not sticking around

Carrie Bradshaw
07-09-2005, 22:35
If they got another actress to play Janine, I agree that it would have to be someone really good, because Charlie made Janine into a legendary character. Zoe Lucker would be good, but I can't really see her joining EE for some reason!

callummc
07-09-2005, 23:49
Zoe lucker is a great actress but a bit to old to play janine,if charlie dosn't want to return they should wait untill she does,if they cast someone who dosn't work it will affect ee badly

emma_strange
15-09-2005, 19:44
Zoe Lucker would be too old to play Janine

xsoftladybugx
18-09-2005, 21:24
Noooo Charlie played Janine brilliantly it would'nt be the same with another actress :thumbsdow

hazey
19-09-2005, 14:14
If charlie doesn't want to come back then they should not replace her, it never works out, replacing someone that has been so good in the role.

littlemo
19-09-2005, 14:59
There's has been a lot of talk over replacing actors to play roles lately. Not long ago they were talking about Dennis Rickman's character being recast, now Janine's. I think this is a ridiculous suggestion. You cannot replace actors like these with somebody else, it's crazy. They are both so good at what they do, it wouldn't be realistic.

Kim
19-09-2005, 16:02
There's has been a lot of talk over replacing actors to play roles lately. Not long ago they were talking about Dennis Rickman's character being recast, now Janine's. I think this is a ridiculous suggestion. You cannot replace actors like these with somebody else, it's crazy. They are both so good at what they do, it wouldn't be realistic.

And there was talk of a replacement for Shane Richie not so long ago.

The only time that recasting has ever worked out, that I can think of, was replacing Daniella Westbrook with Kim Medcalf as Sam Mitchell, but after the character had been off screen for some time.

Dr. Tangliss
19-09-2005, 16:44
Discussed this on another thread somewhere... I would like to see zoe lucker in ee, think she would be a great partner to someone like grant - pity hes not sticking around
Yeah, I would like to see her in it too.

phils little sister
20-09-2005, 10:55
Yeah she would be great