PDA

View Full Version : Dean set to return to the Square?

Carrie Bradshaw
04-09-2005, 21:36
Dean set to return to the Square

Dean Gaffney, who played market-sweeper Robbie Jackson in EastEnders, could be set to return to the soap.

Since leaving the show a couple of years ago when his character "moved to India", there have been various whispers that he could be coming back.

Now it is thought Sonia's brother may soon be in Walford again for good - and Dean has hinted that Robbie will be a far edgier character than the one that moved away.

However, Dean's agent has said there has been no official offer.

Source:http://uk.news.yahoo.com/02092005/356/dean-set-return-square.html

To be honest, I never really missed him when he left. :searchme:

alan45
04-09-2005, 21:41
He probably would fit in with them well judging by this in todays people

EX-EASTENDER Dean Gaffney drove into a woman horse-rider and spat and swore in an alleged road rage attack.

The star lost his temper as Jo Freeman and two friends rode carefully in single file in front of his Audi TT sports car on a country lane.

Jo, 24, claims that Gaffney, who played EastEnders roadsweeper Robbie Jackson...

SWORE and threatened to stamp on her face.

HIT her horse's leg, knocking her stirrup as he drove into her.

SPAT on her friend's horse.

Advertisement

Jo, who didn't recognise 27-year-old Gaffney at first, told The People: "A grey sports car was creeping up dangerously close from behind as we approached a bend.

"I felt my horse Jake tense up and start snorting."

Worried Jo asked Gaffney if he was going to get any closer.

The actor then swung on to the wrong side of the road and pulled up alongside the horses.

Jo said: "He leaned across the steering wheel and said 'What did you *********g say?' so I repeated myself.

"Then he turned the steering wheel and all I could see was the car wheel coming into my horse's front leg. I felt the car on my stirrup iron.

"He shouted 'I'll get out of the car and stamp on your face'.

"You get arrogant drivers sometimes, but in 18 years' riding I've never had such a frightening scene."

Gaffney is also alleged to have spat at Jo's pal Kirsty Smeiman.

Kirsty, 21, said: "Suddenly this massive flob flew out and landed on my horse's hind leg.

"I couldn't believe my eyes - how disgusting to behave like that." Equine student Kirsty added: "When we heard his voice we knew we had heard it before. It was Robbie from EastEnders.

"I looked in the car and was shocked - Robbie was so different in the show, almost weedy."

Rider Mel Blue, 27, who was at the front of the party, said: "I've been riding for over 20 years but never have I been so scared.

"Being famous gives him no excuse whatsoever."

Police later questioned Gaffney over "a verbal altercation" near his home at Cobham, Surrey, at around 11am on August 17.

A police spokesman said: "He was reported for summons under the Public Order Act."

Magistrates will now decide whether to call Gaffney before the court.

Gaffney's agent Alison Lee told The People: "The alleged case is in the hands of Dean's solicitors."

Gaffney was held in police cells on Christmas Day then freed without charge after a brawl at a family party.

Carrie Bradshaw
04-09-2005, 21:45
Scandalous!! Didn't think he was the type!

RealityGap
04-09-2005, 21:46
He probably would fit in with them well judging by this in todays people

EX-EASTENDER Dean Gaffney drove into a woman horse-rider and spat and swore in an alleged road rage attack.

The star lost his temper as Jo Freeman and two friends rode carefully in single file in front of his Audi TT sports car on a country lane.

Jo, 24, claims that Gaffney, who played EastEnders roadsweeper Robbie Jackson...

SWORE and threatened to stamp on her face.

HIT her horse's leg, knocking her stirrup as he drove into her.

SPAT on her friend's horse.

Advertisement

Jo, who didn't recognise 27-year-old Gaffney at first, told The People: "A grey sports car was creeping up dangerously close from behind as we approached a bend.

"I felt my horse Jake tense up and start snorting."

Worried Jo asked Gaffney if he was going to get any closer.

The actor then swung on to the wrong side of the road and pulled up alongside the horses.

Jo said: "He leaned across the steering wheel and said 'What did you *********g say?' so I repeated myself.

"Then he turned the steering wheel and all I could see was the car wheel coming into my horse's front leg. I felt the car on my stirrup iron.

"He shouted 'I'll get out of the car and stamp on your face'.

"You get arrogant drivers sometimes, but in 18 years' riding I've never had such a frightening scene."

Gaffney is also alleged to have spat at Jo's pal Kirsty Smeiman.

Kirsty, 21, said: "Suddenly this massive flob flew out and landed on my horse's hind leg.

"I couldn't believe my eyes - how disgusting to behave like that." Equine student Kirsty added: "When we heard his voice we knew we had heard it before. It was Robbie from EastEnders.

"I looked in the car and was shocked - Robbie was so different in the show, almost weedy."

Rider Mel Blue, 27, who was at the front of the party, said: "I've been riding for over 20 years but never have I been so scared.

"Being famous gives him no excuse whatsoever."

Police later questioned Gaffney over "a verbal altercation" near his home at Cobham, Surrey, at around 11am on August 17.

A police spokesman said: "He was reported for summons under the Public Order Act."

Magistrates will now decide whether to call Gaffney before the court.

Gaffney's agent Alison Lee told The People: "The alleged case is in the hands of Dean's solicitors."

Gaffney was held in police cells on Christmas Day then freed without charge after a brawl at a family party.

that is disgusting behaviuor for anyone!!

Johnny Allen
04-09-2005, 22:00
Oh god I hope they don't bring back Robbie.

alan45
04-09-2005, 22:05
Wuo will they not bring back

willow
04-09-2005, 22:16
i read that in the paper too, that was a terrible way to behave!!
i hope they don't bring him back!!

JustJodi
04-09-2005, 22:20
Oh god I hope they don't bring back Robbie.

If I remember correctly robbie told sonia at her wedding reception that he never wanted to return to his home country he was happy in India,,

RealityGap
04-09-2005, 22:23
If I remember correctly robbie told sonia at her wedding reception that he never wanted to return to his home country he was happy in India,,

lets hope he doesnt come home!

willow
04-09-2005, 22:25
they need characters that will add something to the show, i can't see him doing that!!

JustJodi
04-09-2005, 22:30

I mean what can he offer the show,, EE writers would have to come up with a earth shattering script just for him, I really can't see that happen, he wasn't much use when he was in the program, before either,, so lets HOPE they do not bring him back :thumbsdow

alan45
04-09-2005, 22:38
He would add nothing to the show there are much better actors who could enhance ee if they returned

hazey
05-09-2005, 01:59
I dont think he will come back but if he does, he will be just another ee actor that has got him/her self in trouble with the law.Seems to be coming the norm now.

Jessie Wallace
05-09-2005, 02:07
I hope they don't bring him back i can't stick him, he's so annoying.

kckinsmcg
05-09-2005, 04:30
I always thought he was an ugly twit, not to mention a horrible actor!

JustJodi
05-09-2005, 05:33
I dont think he will come back but if he does, he will be just another ee actor that has got him/her self in trouble with the law.Seems to be coming the norm now.

I really do not think his character/role in EE was an important one so he may not even get to come back unless Sonia and Martin have a baby and there is a Christianing or something,, and yea you are so right about these characters in EE on the wrong side of the law..:readtheru