PDA

View Full Version : Exciting times ahead for 'Emmerdale's Jo

Jemma
04-09-2005, 12:42
From Digital Spy:

Emmerdale's Roxanne Pallett has promised that there will be exciting times ahead for her character over the next few months.

"Sex scenes don't bother me," the actress, who plays new veterinary receptionist Jo Stiles, told the Sunday Mirror.

"Jo is a very sexy character and her storyline is going to get racier over the next few months, and I can't wait. Me and Jo have a lot in common - especially our naughtiness."

Pallett has revealed that her role on the soap will show bullies who tormented her at school that she has made something of her life.

"My grandad is Italian so I've always had darker skin than most people," Roxanne explained. "And at school this singled me out as different from the other kids. I remember walking into school one day and the kids had written the 'N'-word on the blackboard to insult me.

"I also had my hair set on fire and was beaten up. But though it was hard to deal with at the time, I never gave up. I wouldn't let the bullies see how upset I was. In fact the whole experience made me stronger."

She added, "Now I can laugh at those people who bullied me and said I'd never make it because since I've joined Emmerdale, I feel like I have."