PDA

View Full Version : Three Corrie couples to divorce?

kayla05
03-09-2005, 14:39
Three Coronation Street couples are to divorce by Christmas, according to The Mirror today.

Dev and Sunita Alahan will split after being married for just twelve months, while Frankie Baldwin decides to leave husband Danny after finding out about his affair with Leanne Battersby.

Meanwhile, Steve McDonald faces emotional turmoil after his estranged wife Karen demands a huge cash settlement.

"There are plenty of surprises along the way," a source told the newspaper. "Marriage break-ups don't come cheap and without misery and turmoil, and all those ingredients will be touched on in the three divorces."

Pregnant Sunita decides to pack her bags after discovering that Dev has been unfaithful, and the final straw comes when his secret daughter from a previous relationship shows up on the street. The shop girl decides to get tough by demanding part of his corner shop empire.

Frankie Baldwin will also get revenge on cheating Danny, by fighting for half of his share of Underworld, after learning that he has been having an affair with Leanne.

Finally, Steve McDonald will be taken to the cleaners by Karen, who claims half of Steve's share in Streetcars, as well as half of the money he received from the sale of his house to a housing association.

"In total Karen could be looking at a cash settlement of over £60,000," the source revealed. "Steve will be at his wits' end wondering how he will raise that kind of money."

Lisa321
03-09-2005, 15:01
:-) SOunds good. i hope they spread these breaks ups out a bit. Could this be Karens return?
And as for Frankie and Danny they were doomed form the start.
But Sunita and Dev? I thought they were solid.

eastenders mad
03-09-2005, 17:35
yeah i read that. i didn't know dev had other kids.
Can you image Karen working at streetcars that would be funny she will just sit their all day doing her nails lol.
Frankie and danny well you know it was coming i can't stand them both all they do is argue and they don't really love each and they are far to loud lol.

xCharliex
03-09-2005, 20:23
This better not mean Debra Stephenson is leaving Corrie!!!

alan45
03-09-2005, 20:27
Sounds absolutely fantastic. I really hope Corrie bosses can use this to bring back Karen

gbnut
03-09-2005, 20:57
is the mirror ever very reliable??????????

this might not be true so until it is confirmed i would not worry

alan45
03-09-2005, 21:15
I think there is some truth in it as it has been mentioned elsewhere

Abi
03-09-2005, 22:46
Do they know how to do nothing else?! Let them be happy for a change!

alan45
03-09-2005, 22:55
frankie and danny will be fun

alan45
04-09-2005, 08:46
Three Coronation Street couples are to divorce by Christmas, according to The Mirror today.

Dev and Sunita Alahan will split after being married for just twelve months, ."

It seems his real life is mirrored by his soap life if todays Sunday People is anything to go by

DIRTY DEV ALL NIGHT AT AN OLD FLAME'S
Simon Lennon
CORRIE womaniser Jimmi Harkishin has been seeing an old flame behind his partner's back, The People can reveal.

The wayward star, who plays shop owner Dev, has been told to clean up his act after being caught snorting cocaine and cheating on Susan Beaton with a string of lovers.

But on Wednesday night he was spotted letting himself into the Manchester flat of TV producer Ruth Gray.

Next morning he left the underground car park in his X-type Jag.

One insider said: "Jimmi told his bosses that his wild living days are over and he's settled with Susan.

"But being spotted staying overnight at an ex-girlfriend's flat doesn't help.

Advertisement

"Even if he slept on the couch people will put two and two together."

Earlier on Wednesday he was a guest at the launch of an Indian restaurant, the Pearl in Audenshaw.

He happily posed for pictures with fans and mingled with guests at the trendy new eaterie.

His partner Susan and their two children live in North London while he stays in Manchester during the week for filming.

Last year we exclusively told how Harkishin was juggling FIVE lovers at the same time.

Last night both Ruth and Jimmi were unavailable for comment.

CrazyLea
04-09-2005, 12:59
aww i like dev and sunita together.

RealityGap
04-09-2005, 13:38
not suprised that Karen is demanding money - only suprised it has taken so long

Am suprised that Sunita is planning to take Dev to the cleaners - but good on her she has the twins to support - wish they could have left Dev and Sunita together for a bit longer after all the time and effort it took them to get together!!

~*~Leanne~*~
04-09-2005, 16:56
i like danny and frankie together it will be good storylines though

Abbie
04-09-2005, 19:02
This better not mean Debra Stephenson is leaving Corrie!!!she better not

samantha nixon
04-09-2005, 19:54
i hope debra doesnt leave

LSF-1
05-09-2005, 10:07
I thought Karen and Steve had already got divorced?

Abbie
05-09-2005, 13:07
I thought Karen and Steve had already got divorced?so did i im confused

feelingyellow
15-09-2005, 16:12
sounds good, looking forward to frankie finding out about leanne, but i hope this doesn't mean the end of jamie and leanne!

dddMac1
15-09-2005, 16:15
sounds good.

brenda1971
15-09-2005, 16:32
I thought that suranne jones had left corrie for good.

Andy'sLuckyPony
17-09-2005, 13:49
I read that Dev has an affair as he regards Sunita as the mother of his kids and nothing else. I can't remember where. I feel sorry for Steve.

Debbie Meadows
21-09-2005, 10:40
Frankie answers Leanne’s phone and Danny spills the beans!’ Their sordid secret is out, but Leanne still won’t grow up, says actress Jane Danson.

Does Leanne choose to go to the same restaurant as Danny and Frankie on purpose?
Yeah, she does because Frankie works with Leanne in Roy’s Rolls so I think she lets it slip that they’re going to The Clock restaurant that night so Leanne thinks right well I’ll go as well because she is such a nutter.

Does Leanne take this affair seriously or does she view it as a bit of fun?
I think right from the word go the whole affair’s been a game for them both. They are both strong characters and I don’t think they like the other one to get the better of them and so Leanne’s just playing the game as much as he is and it’s all kind of fun.

How does Janice learn of the affair?
Janice has been suspecting it for a few weeks, she’s not stupid, she has been around the block herself so she knows what it’s all about. She knows Leanne better than anybody as well so she thinks that there is something untoward going on and she manages to get it out of her.

But Leanne doesn’t tell her who it is, Janice sees for herself when she comes into the flat and Danny is cuddling up to Leanne with his shirt undone.

How does Leanne feel now that Janice knows about her affair with Danny?
I think she’s kind of half relieved really because she has been dying to tell her, for the first five minutes she thinks it’s quite funny, but then when she really considers the repercussions it suddenly gets a bit serious.

Does the way Janice act around Danny give Leanne cause for concern?
Janice is really throwing her weight about at the factory and Leanne’s on the edge that Janice and her big gob will open and she’ll spread the gossip, but being her step mum she doesn’t do that. It suddenly gets serious because of Janice’s behaviour, though, as she realises that actually Danny and Jamie could get really hurt.

How does Leanne feel when Jamie pops the question?
He proposes and she realises that actually this is serious and given the choice she’d probably chose Jamie, it suddenly becomes love for her in her warped way.

How does the mix-up happen leading to Frankie discovering the affair?
What happens is quite clever. Leanne goes into Roy’s Rolls having just left a message on Danny’s phone saying she can’t make the date, while she’s leaving she puts the phone down and begs Roy to give her the day off.

Meanwhile, her phone is left on the counter and when she leaves the phone is left in Roy’s Rolls and Vera thinks its Frankie’s phone and gives it to Frankie. Danny calls and thinks he’s speaking to Leanne, but Frankie answers it and he inadvertently spills the beans!

Do you think that Leanne is going to act more maturely now?
Yes and no, I don’t think she’ll ever be happy because she doesn’t think about anything, only herself.

She has got feelings deep down, she’s just never grown up, she is still that giggly little girl with stripy hair, even though she has been through a lot having been married and had an abortion and been on drugs and stuff it doesn’t seem to have made her grow up at all.

feelingyellow
21-09-2005, 17:23
oh wow! cool interview, thanks for posting :)