PDA

View Full Version : Emmerdale stars perform disco songs

Luna
01-09-2005, 07:35
There's a treat in store for Emmerdale fans as Saturday, September 3, sees four of the soap's stars take part in Discomania 2 on ITV1.

Adele Silva (Kelly Windsor), Cleveland Campbell (Danny Daggert), Hayley Tamaddon (Delilah Dingle) and newcomer Roxanne Pallett (playing vet receptionist Jo Stiles) join forces to belt out a rendition of Rose Royce's classic hit Car Wash.

For Silva at least, the pressure is on as her boyfriend, Anthony Costa of Blue, is also appearing on the show and it's the first time they've been on screen together.

He said: "Adele is really nervous. She's embarrassed and quite shy. I think she's worried I'll show her up."

He'll be singing Billy Ocean's hit Love Really Hurts Without You. Thankfully, Adele will have her Emmerdale co-stars around her, just in case the odd bum note crops up.

Other big names set to appear in the show include Jordan's fiancé, Peter Andre, who'll be performing his version of You're the First, My Last, My Everything, accompanied by a gospel choir.

Eurovision competitor Javine sings Diana Ross tune I'm Coming Out, while former S Club member Jo O'Meara will wrap his tonsils around Candi Staton's Young Hearts Run Free.

The one-hour special is hosted by Ben Shephard and 1970s disco diva Gloria Gaynor, who will be performing her award-winning song I Will Survive - something she still relishes.

"I never tire of performing the song," she says, adding: "I know it encourages people to have hope and gives them empowerment."

Ben's also happy to be taking part. "I'm really looking forward to sharing the stage with Gloria. Just seeing her perform I Will Survive will be amazing, and make a refreshing change from watching my mates sing it down the pub on a Saturday night."

tammyy2j
01-09-2005, 09:54
OMG will Adele stop singing and stop mentioning Anthony from Blue i think everyone now knows you are a couple. Isn't Jo from S Club a girl?

RealityGap
01-09-2005, 16:01
my dad will love this - just his cup of tea!!

Jemma
01-09-2005, 21:31
[QUOTE=Luna]
He said: "Adele is really nervous. She's embarrassed and quite shy. I think she's worried I'll show her up."
[QUOTE]
Rude! :eek: He is so up himself. I'm gonna be watching anyway, I wonder if any of them can sing...

samantha nixon
02-09-2005, 16:14
OMG will Adele stop singing and stop mentioning Anthony from Blue i think everyone now knows you are a couple. Isn't Jo from S Club a girl?

yes jo is a girl

RealityGap
04-09-2005, 13:32
did nyone see this last night - how small was Adele Silvas outfit compaired to the other 2's.....personally I thought Hayley Tamaddon looked so much better (I didnt watch it all but caught this part when we had to put off the DVD as one of the kids woke up!)

Jemma
05-09-2005, 12:18
I watched. It looked like they were all miming REALLY badly!

RealityGap
05-09-2005, 13:00
I watched. It looked like they were all miming REALLY badly!

I did think that of the bit I saw too!!