PDA

View Full Version : grant not to return anytime soon!

chance
25-02-2005, 20:46
heard on the radio today that easties cant afford to 'buy' ross kemp back at the moment.they have got peggy and phil coming back which took a hefty amount of money and they basically had to choose either those two or grant sop they opted to go for the two rather then one.they spent loads on the funfair disater and are madly trying to make cut backs.they still desperatley want ross kemp back but at the moment cant afford him.looks like we wont be seeing him anytiome soon! :mad:

Ella.
25-02-2005, 20:49
Oh well, hopefully he'll be back when their budget is a bit more healthy!

Personally I would rather have Grant back alone rather than Peggy and Phil, I prefer him to the other two.

chance
25-02-2005, 21:18
yes me too and im surprised they havent realised thats what most people would have preferred.

crazygirl
25-02-2005, 21:22
so they say!! its top secret you wait n see he will be back

chance
25-02-2005, 21:24
i dont doubt it just not anytime soon

littlemo
25-02-2005, 21:35
Ross Kemp has said he would love to go in the Vic as Grant and order a pint again, and if a good storyline came up and they asked him to return he would go. I might be being naive here but I don't think the actor would turn the job down because they weren't going to pay him a million pounds, or whatever they are supposed to have offered him, before they supposedly changed their minds.

Grant Mitchell was a brilliant character, and whatever they pay him is going to be good. I don't agree with offering actors, loads more money to come back to a soap. If Ross Kemp's ITV deal has finished, and there's not much on offering at the moment, Eastenders might be the answer. Money isn't everything! But come on what's the lowest you can be payed on a show like Eastenders?!

Ella.
25-02-2005, 21:42
If what Ive seen in the press is true, actors/actresses on EE actually get paid a lot more than say, someone on Corrie. At the end of the day, if Ross really wanted to go back to EE, Im sure money wouldnt be an issue.

*JSW*
25-02-2005, 22:06
There hasn't been any definate confirmation of talsk of a return let alone an actual contract. So as far as we know there are no plans to bring Grant back. We all ever we'll have to wait and see :rolleyes:

twinkle_eyes83
25-02-2005, 22:18
grant mitchell has been offerd 1 million pound to come back to ee and he might just be persuaded to come back. so with the stage set for grants possable return to the square what stoylines could he return to

littlemo
25-02-2005, 22:29
Well just supposing this is true, the most obvious one people keep talking about and the press are having a field day with is the love triangle between Grant, Phil and Sharon, it's a copy cat of storylines, but it seems a lot of people think this would be good. I'm going to point out here that I don't. Sharon belongs with Dennis.

Well the Mitchells are always very big on family, so the major thing would be Grant taking care of his family affairs, getting back the Vic (maybe), getting revenge on anyone who has done his family harm. Probably having a fight with Dennis and getting into some trouble with Johnny, along the way. If Sharon's there, probably a little reminise over old times.

A think the major storyline would have to be something to do with Phil and perhaps Johnny or Dennis. I don't know what, I would leave that to the script writers, but whatever happens a lot of things have changed since he left. I love Grant, I hope he comes back and never leaves!