PDA

View Full Version : Rita's blast from the past

kayla05
31-08-2005, 13:27
Corrie survivor Rita Sullivan may finally get the chance to find her perfect partner after a former lover returns from the past.

Rita, played by 71-year-old Barbara Knox, has had her fair share of doomed romances and has seen two husbands die in a tumultuous four decades on the ITV soap.

But now, after a man from her cabaret singing past turns up unannounced, she may finally decide to leave it all behind in the pursuit of true love.

Rita first appeared on our screen as exotic dancer Rita Littlewood in 1964, before making her return to the Street eight years later after meeting Harry Bates, whose two children she looked after.

Since then, Rita has been plagued by stalkers, breakdowns and bad men, but her difficult times in Weatherfield may finally be coming to an end.

"There is a massive storyline awaiting Rita and it would be wrong of us to give the exact details," an ITV mole told the Daily Star.

"Suffice to say that a guy from Rita's past will be turning up."

The insider added that the mystery man was from a time before Rita married first husband Len Fairclough in 1977 and before she hung up her cabaret costume.

A "touching love story" is apparently about to unfold, but whether that could signal the retirement of this Corrie stalwart remains to be seen.

RealityGap
31-08-2005, 13:33
wonder if this ties up with Audrey finding out Rita slept with Alf?

littlemo
05-09-2005, 01:06
wonder if this ties up with Audrey finding out Rita slept with Alf?

Rita slept with Alf? I didn't know that, but it's probably before my time.

eastenders mad
05-09-2005, 10:03
well good luck to rita. It is better than putting up with boring Norris.

Gabby
06-09-2005, 18:39
Yeah good luck for Rita, Norris is sooo annoying he never stops moaning!!

emma_strange
06-09-2005, 21:51
Awww I'm glad Rita is getting some happiness

alan45
06-09-2005, 21:54
Norris is hilarious - and I think him and Rita make a great double act - I can see his nose being put out of joint with Rita's new beau

sarahwelford
07-09-2005, 11:31
i am going to love this i wonder if it turns into some kind of love triangle with norris rita and her new bf

Luna
07-09-2005, 11:33
I always thought it would have been nice ( and rather hilarious) if norris and rita got it together

Keating's babe
07-09-2005, 13:31
Me too Luna. :D :D

I think Norris is hilarious. :thumbsup:

dddMac1
07-09-2005, 15:13
i agree Norris is hilarious