PDA

View Full Version : Sharon without Dennis

Harmanizing
30-08-2005, 18:58
Hi. I usually like to write my whole story before posting any of it but as it's been ages since I last wrote anything on these pages, I thought I'd post this one as I go along. It's set some time in the future.

Sharon without Dennis

Some time after their wedding Sharon returned to Walford without Dennis. She hadn’t told anyone what had happened; she felt that was just between the two of them. She had tried to carry on as though nothing had happened. Before they had left on their world trip Dennis had put the bookies in their joint names, so with Pat’s help, she had been able to carry on running it.
This was the way things had gone for some months, until one day when their anniversary came round again. Sharon had gone into the Vic. to have a quiet drink on her own and think about Dennis. She still loved him of course; she knew that she always would, no matter what. As she entered the pub, Pauline and Dot were inside and as Pauline was facing away from the door she didn’t realise Sharon was there.

“You know it would have been their anniversary today don’t you?”

“Yes Pauline, I know”

“Didn’t I say on their wedding day that he would break poor Sharon’s heart?”

Dot tried to stop her going on but once Pauline got on one of her ‘holier than thou’ lectures there was just no stopping her. She kept on talking loud enough for everyone in the pub to hear her every word.

“I knew he wasn’t good enough for her, I said so all along. Well she knows now doesn’t she”

Stacy
30-08-2005, 20:13
Aw Sharon without Dennis! Post more, need to know what happened to Dennis!

diamond1
30-08-2005, 21:20
sharon without dennis you're sick! good story though intresting enough i can see this story becoming reality

Tamzi
30-08-2005, 22:16
What happened to make Dennis leave Sharon? Gobby Pauline! More soon please
xxx

Harmanizing
31-08-2005, 18:50
Thanks to Stacy, diamond 1 and Jake_Moon_Rox for your replies. Hope you enjoy the next part.

Sharon walked across to the bar and ordered her drink, then she went over to where Pauline was still going on.

“Before Pauline spouts any more of her venom it seems I will have to follow Zoe’s example and clear Dennis’ name in front of everyone in this place. You see Pauline, if anyone wasn’t good enough it’s me not him. He is in an Italian jail and I came home and left him there”

“Well if he’s inside I should hope you would just leave him there. He must have deserved it”

“No Pauline, he didn’t. There was a young girl…..”

“Oh I might have known. Went off with someone else did he?”

“Please Pauline, let me finish before you throw more accusations about things you know nothing about”

“Well really!”

“As I was saying, there was a young girl who had a big crush on Dennis but when he turned her down she accused him of raping her”

“He did WHAT?....RAPE! Even I wouldn’t have thought that!”

“PAULINE, will you please stop interrupting me. He didn’t do it; I know he didn’t, because at the time she said it happened he was with me. In fact we were in bed making love together, so I know for sure he didn’t do it. If I’d been his mistress or simply a girlfriend the police might have listened but because we’re married, because I’m his wife, they wouldn’t take any notice of anything I said, they said I was just trying to cover for him, trying to get my husband out of trouble. He was sentenced to seven years, SEVEN YEARS for something he didn’t do. It was his idea that I should come home, he said he didn’t want me to stay there on my own, he said he could face it all as long as he knew I was safe.”

By this time the tears were running down her face and she was sobbing so hard she was finding it difficult to speak.

“So you see Pauline, there are two things I know for certain. One is that Dennis is innocent and the other is that he loved me, really loved me”

“And I still do”

Sharon turned at the sound of his voice.

Stacy
31-08-2005, 19:36
Aw dennis is back!! this is really good, post more soon!

Nigellover
01-09-2005, 13:42
wOW!Just read! this is great!poor sharon was on her own :( but now dennis is back!yay!!more soon xx

Tamzi
01-09-2005, 13:47
Yeah Dennis is back, at least I think its dennis! More
xxx

squillyfer
01-09-2005, 14:46
yay more soon this is fab

Harmanizing
01-09-2005, 15:16
Many thanks to everyone that replied. Here's part 3

“DENNIS! Oh Dennis darling!”

She ran into his arms still sobbing.

“I don’t understand. How?”

“She admitted it all Sharon. She told the police she’d made it all up”

Dot came over to them

“You must both come over to my house where you can talk without being interrupted”

She looked at Pauline with a meaningful expression on her face as she said the last bit. Then she led them both across the road to her house. Jim was amazed to see Dennis come in with the two women, his arm around Sharon.

“Hello son, I didn’t think we would ever see you again”

He was pleased to see that Dennis was still wearing his wedding ring. Dennis nodded to him.

“Hello Jim. It’s good to see you again”

Dot led them into the front room

“I’ll bring in a cup of tea in a minute, unless you’d rather have something stronger Dennis?”

“Thanks Dot, tea will be fine”

With a nod to Jim to go into the kitchen, Dot left the room and closed the door behind her. Dennis and Sharon sat holding hands and gazing into each other’s eyes. Neither of them said a word for some time. Eventually Sharon broke the silence,

“Darling I can’t believe you’re really here. What made that awful girl change her mind about telling the truth?”

“She met a fella and fell in love. She said she wanted to clear her conscience before they got married”

“Thank God for love eh?”

“You never said a truer word babe!”

Just then they heard a tap on the door and Dot came in with their tea.

“I’ll make up the spare room for you both for tonight. In fact you can stay as long as you need to but you will have to sort things out with Pauline Sharon, after all you have been staying there for quite a while now haven’t you?”

“Okay Dot, I’ll go over to see her in the morning”

“Right well, I’ll give you a call when your room’s ready and I’ll leave some pyjamas on the bedside table for you both.”

Dennis grinned to Sharon before answering,

“Thanks Dot”

Once she had left the room Dennis smiled and leaned over to the coffee table

“We’d better drink the tea now, before she comes back”

“Never mind the tea, come here you gorgeous man!”

Sharon pulled Dennis towards her and planted a kiss on his lips. They continued like this for about ten minutes.
Then they heard Dot calling that their room was ready. Still holding hands they went upstairs where Dennis took his wife in his arms

“Do you have any idea how often I’ve dreamed of this? Holding you, touching you, it’s the only thing that kept me going in that hole”

squillyfer
01-09-2005, 16:02
I've said it before and I'll say it again : This is FAB!!!

Stacy
01-09-2005, 20:13
This is brilliant! Loved your other script and im loving this one to!

Chloe-Elise
01-09-2005, 21:29
Awww hes back! :D I love the script, its brilliant

Harmanizing
02-09-2005, 13:42
Thanks for all the replies. This is the last part of this story. Sorry it was so short but I really only wanted to make the point that although Sharon will be returning on her own (eventually!) it doesn't necessarily have to mean that their marriage didn't work.

They spent their first night together since the whole thing had started. They made love like never before and didn’t get around to sleeping until they heard the milkman on his morning rounds.

At around ten o/clock Dot knocked on the door.

“Come in”

“Good morning you two, I’ve brought you in some tea”

“Thanks Dot”

As he spoke Dennis partly sat up and Dot saw his naked chest. She then noticed the two sets of pyjamas, still neatly folded and obviously untouched, exactly where she had left them the night before. She couldn’t help smiling to herself, 'I should have realised' she thought to herself, 'after all they have been apart for ages and they are married'.

Later, after they had got up, washed and had something to eat, they both went over to see Pauline.

“Pauline, I know I was rude to you yesterday”

“Yes, you could say that Sharon”

“Please, let me finish. As I said, I know I was rude and I can only apologise for that but you really must accept the fact that Dennis has done nothing wrong. It seems to me that if World War Three broke out next week, you would blame him for it!”

“Yes, and it would probably be his fault too!”

“You’re not like this with Vicki so why are you like it with Dennis.? What has he ever done to you? He can’t help being Dad’s son”

“Believe me Pauline. I don’t like the idea of me being Den Watts son any more than you do. If I could wave a magic wand and suddenly be someone else’s son I’d do it in a second but unfortunately there’s nothing I can do to change things”

“I’m sorry I didn’t let you know that I wouldn’t be coming back last night but Dot was quite happy to have us both staying in her house and even if you don’t like him, I’m sure you will understand that I wanted to be with my husband”

“You’re right Sharon and …….I’m sorry Dennis. I jumped to conclusions and I was wrong. I hope you will both be able to forgive me”

“Let’s forget about it and try to get on from now on shall we?”

“Thanks Dennis, I know you love each other and I can only hope things go better for you in future. Now, would you both like a cup of tea or something?”

They looked at each other and grinned, it seemed that everyone wanted to offer them tea.

“No thanks Paul, we’ve only just finished breakfast”

They went back to Dot’s and sat in the front room to talk.

“So, what are we going to do now babe? Do you want to carry on with the trip from where we left off or what?”

“Darling I’m so happy to have you back I don’t really care where we are or what we do, as long as we do it together”

“That’s just how I feel too, so if you want to stay in Walford I really wouldn’t mind. Like you said, as long as we’re together that’s all that matters”

“You know I was right when I told Pauline I wasn’t good enough for you. I love you so much Dennis, let’s go upstairs again shall we?”

Dennis didn’t need asking twice.

Katy
02-09-2005, 14:18
great script i really enjoyed it.

Nigellover
02-09-2005, 14:22
Great ending to a great script! :bow: well done! :clap:

Stacy
02-09-2005, 21:35
I love your scripts, you should write more!

Harmanizing
03-09-2005, 12:09
Thanks Stacy. Next time something inspires me you can be sure I'll write another one.

~*~Leanne~*~
03-09-2005, 14:17
this is really good you should write more

Chloe-Elise
03-09-2005, 14:47
Loved the script, great ending :)

ameliauk1
06-09-2005, 14:20
wow it was really great i hope this doesnt happen on eastenders xxx

Bryan
06-09-2005, 14:32
sharon without dennis, thats what we like to hear! :cheer:

emma_strange
06-09-2005, 16:31
sharon without dennis, thats what we like to hear! :cheer:

:eek: Noo Sharron and dennis belong together!