PDA

View Full Version : nightmares and dreamscapes

crazy_purple
28-08-2005, 22:09
I got bored with that "soulmates" one, it wasn't working out. This one is in a different style, it's about the Andy blackmailing story (boo, hiss :p )

Replies appreciated... :angel:

------------------------------

The pub was fairly empty when the knocking came at the back door. Kat sensed - although she was a foot away from him - Alfie tense up. She took a deep breath, hardly aware that her hands were clutching the bar like a drowning man at a piece of wood. Alfie was going towards the door. No! She tore herself away from the bar and ran after him.

"Alfie, don't," she pleaded. "He'll kill you, he'll -"
Alfie turned to look at her. His hand was on the doorknob. His face - Kat had never heard of the phrase "rictus of horror", but the look on his face...

"I've got to," he said. His voice seemed to be coming from far away.

"You don't!" She scrabbled at his hand, trying to make him release the doorhandle. "We can run, we can leave, just get our stuff and -"

"I'm not running away," Alfie said heavily, and opened the door.

Andy and a few cronies slipped through the door like shadows.
"Well," said Andy, surveying the scene. "Evening."

He was carrying something that looked like a baseball bat. But worse. Much worse. Kat's insides seemed to shrivel. Her mind cried Alfie not my Alfie oh please -

Andy toyed with the bat as he spoke. "You see this?"

Alfie's eyes were following the bat's every move with increasing dread. His mouth felt dry. Dry and gritty.

Kat moved in front of Alfie and put one hand on him - as if that would protect him. She felt sickly and weak.

"This isn't an ordinary bat, you can see," Andy continued. He carried on outlining his intentions with sadistic pleasure. "....And then we'll move onto the more... vulnerable areas."

Kat felt Alfie tremble. He looked pale and cold. Oh God, how had they ever got into this mess?

Andy's eyes suddenly flickered down to meet hers. She knew what that meant all right. She could save him... Save Alfie...

She nodded.

diamond1
28-08-2005, 23:17
hahahahaha andy is classic how funny was he he really had it in for alfie didnt he?what a ee legend that guy was

crazy_purple
29-08-2005, 18:45
hahahahaha andy is classic how funny was he he really had it in for alfie didnt he?what a ee legend that guy was

Yeah, do you remember his will: "And to Sam I leave my wedding ring, so she can pawn it, use the money to get her roots done and still be the dumbest blonde I ever knew." :lol:

And quite good looking too... :wub:

Amber
29-08-2005, 19:36
Fab! Don't you dare lay a finger on Alfie, Andy!

Tamzi
30-08-2005, 08:38
I actually kind of liked Andy, someof his lines like;
Danny: Whats your favourite animal?
Andy: A leg of lamb in mint sauce

This really good, nice to see a script on this. Can't wait for more
xxx

crazy_purple
03-09-2005, 22:11
Andy tapped the side of the bat thoughtfully, still looking at Kat. "But seeing as I'm feeling generous today... you've got until tomorrow."

Alfie breathed out - until then he hadn't even been aware he'd been holding his breath. "Thank you-" he said hurriedly, trying not to fall over. He was shaking still.

"Five p.m." Andy said sharply, looking meaningfully at Kat. "You've got til then."

"Okay," Alfie said breathlessly. "Thank you, you -"

Andy stopped him with a glance. "Save it." He and his cronies left, one of them grinning sardonically at Alfie.

Alfie stood stock still for a moment, and then sighed.

"What are you gonna do now?" Kat cried, trying to keep the desperation out of her voice.

Alfie shrugged heavily. "Whatever I can."

------------------

sorry it's short more tomorrow :) plz reply

Tamzi
03-09-2005, 22:16
Please say Kat isn't going to do what she does in ee. More tomorrow please
xxx

hayley
04-09-2005, 09:40
Oh kat please dont sleep with him!

*kalfie*moon*
04-09-2005, 13:04
ooo Kat can't sleep with him!! please do more!

crazy_purple
04-09-2005, 16:48
Kat woke up the next morning and something felt wrong immediately. She wiped the sleep from her eyes and turned to look at Alfie.

He wasn't there.

She was jolted fully awake instantly and sat up in panic. Where was he? They can't have got him, they can't have - Visions, scenarios flicked through her mind - Alfie being shaken awake and dragged into the back of a car, taken away to be beaten...

She paused for a second, and told herself to get a grip. They couldn't have taken him away while she slept beside him, she would have woken up... wouldn't she? She gripped the bedcovers hard, twisting them in her hands. Thinking, she placed one of her hands on Alfie's pillow. It wasn't warm. So he had been gone a while.

She raised the bedcovers up to her chin, trying not to cry. Normally Alfie would have been next to her, warming up the bed, and when she woke up they would cuddle up together, or lie there and talk - never about anything much. She had got so used to it. Now it felt really bizzarre, not waking up with him next to her.

She put on her dressing gown - Alfie's ridiculous kimono was next to it, and she touched it fondly - and went into the kitchen to get some breakfast. Might as well carry on as normal. She wasn't sure what she was thinking at this point - that he had run away? If so, she couldn't really blame him. She might have done too, in his position. But she would have taken him with her, no matter what. She couldn't live without him.

Suddenly she noticed a piece of paper on the table. She picked it up and saw the message "TRUST ME" scribbled across it in black biro. She could see the pen on the floor - he must have been in such a hurry, he dropped it. Then her thoughts caught up with her. "Trust me" - what sort of message was that to leave? Nothing else? No mention of where he was? She sank down on a kitchen chair, weak with emotion. She needed Alfie, she needed her husband.

crazy_purple
04-09-2005, 17:07
After getting dressed, Kat went downstairs to get the post. She felt like she was operating on autopilot. Everything was the same, and nothing was the same.

There was a package addressed to her in the post. She opened it, thoughts still on Alfie, and suddenly turned cold. Inside the package was a nightie - not one that would cover up very much - and a note which read "5pm".

Kat felt like she might throw up. She threw the entire thing across the room and started to sob, head in her hands.

Later that day she was walking across the Square - no particular reason, she just needed some air, and thought it might take her mind off things - when she saw Andy coming towards her. Her stomach clenched up.

"Morning," he said, stopping in front of her. She wanted to get past him, but he was blocking the path. "Did you get my package?"

Kat looked at him with loathing. "Yes," she said, hating him.

"Good," said Andy, indifferently. "You can wear it later."

She wanted to scream at him, but it seemed she could only cry. "Please don't make me do this," she whispered. The fight was gone out of her - where? Probably with Alfie.

"Alfie not around?" Andy asked, seeming to read her mind. "Must have done a runner."

"He hasn't!" Kat exclaimed, suddenly fearful. "He wouldn't!"

Andy tutted. "Terrible thing, isn't it? When a man cares more about himself than his wife."

"He loves me," said Kat quietly, tears running down her face.

Andy cocked his head and looked at her, his gaze boring into her. Finally he said coldly "Your makeup's running."

Kat sniffled. "He hasn't run away. He hasn't." She wiped a hand across her eyes.

"Well, you better hope he hasn't." Andy replied. He reached out and touched her face gently - she recoiled. He stepped away, his face hardening. "For your sake."

hayley
04-09-2005, 18:04
oooh! Kat dont you dare go with andy!

*kalfie*moon*
04-09-2005, 21:34
i hope Kat doesnt do it!..please do more!!

crazy_purple
04-09-2005, 22:17
I don't believe this! I just wrote a whole new part out and pressed submit but my computer went crazy and now it's gone :angry: This should be a lesson to me: in future, save your work :wall: I'll try to remember it all...

Kat sat in the living room, staring at the clock as it ate away the seconds towards five o'clock. Tick tock, tick tock. God, she hated that sound. It was half past four.

She had to do something. There was still no sign of Alfie. Kat grabbed a cushion and hugged it to her fretfully. She needed him now more than ever. What would she do? Either she slept with Andy, or Alfie got beat up... either way, Alfie would get hurt. She remembered how it was when they had first got together. They had had everything ahead of them. She had wanted to grow old with him, wake up in the morning with him beside her, and to have his children. Now it was all ruined.

She became aware of something bothering her. It felt like a fly walking around in her head, knocking on her mind, trying to get her to notice it. What was wrong?

She let her eyes wander round the room distractedly. They came to light on a calendar. It was Sunday today, Sunday the third -

She stopped. The metaphorical fly was buzzing like a chainsaw. But - oh, no. Oh, no. That couldn't be right, it couldn't be...

--------

argh gotta go sorry its short, blame it on my computer :mad: i'll add more tomorrow

hayley
05-09-2005, 20:40
its really good! i wonder what she has just remebered? more asap!

crazy_purple
05-09-2005, 22:03
Kat stared around the room in horror. Oh, God. Not now, please not now... She tried to stop the rising panic inside her. This couldn't be happening, not now. But... oh, don't you just love the irony? It was what she had always wanted more than anything, and now she was sitting here trying not to cry.

Of course, it could just be the stress they had been under lately. Or she might be ill. But somehow, now it had occured to her, she felt certain that neither of these were the right explanation. Hadn't she been feeling queasy recently? She had put it down to her worry about Alfie and Andy, but now...

She threw the cushion across the room suddenly and buried her head in her hands. This changed everything. How could she sleep with Andy when - But then again (her mind changing track) what if Alfie got hurt? Killed, even? And then she wouldn't...

There was only one way to be sure, she thought suddenly. Getting up, she went out the door, snatching her handbag up on the way.

--------

Have you guessed what it is yet? :p

hayley
06-09-2005, 17:03
Shes Pregnant! lol! i think!

crazy_purple
06-09-2005, 17:37
:p

------------

Ten minutes later....

Kat was sitting in the bathroom with her eyes shut. The pregnancy test she had bought was in her hand. It had been two minutes, but she didn't dare look at the result. She remembered the last time she had done this - Alfie had made her keep her hands in cold water until she needed the loo, and she had still refused to go and take it, but he made her. And she had gone outside to get some fresh air afterwards, but it had been pouring down with rain, and Alfie had made her take a stool from the Vic outside because the park bench would have been wet. She smiled as she remembered. With the memory came a bittersweet sense of grief too, as she had lost her baby less than a fortnight later. Alfie had been so supportive, she reflected. He had let her sob her heart out on his shoulder, and he had held onto her and took her to hospital. She remembered a few days after that, too, when he had sent her away for a holiday to get away from things (and he had paid for that out of his own pocket too). He had made her confront her loss, and she had confessed everything to him, and he had hugged her and told her she would be happy one day and have loads of kids with a lovely bloke. She smiled sadly. Had he wished it would be him? Had he loved her, even back then? He didn't have to do any of that stuff, it had been Anthony's baby. She sighed. There was no point thinking about the past now.

She opened her eyes and looked at the test.

It was positive.

She started to cry. This was what she had always wanted - to have Alfie's baby - but now? Like this? She didn't even know where he was... He could have left her... And in twenty minutes' time she was supposed to go round to Andy's house and -

"Kat?" a voice called. "Are you all right?"

It was Spencer. She wiped her eyes and sniffled. "Yeah," she said, but her voice came out all muffled and trembly, like it does when you've been crying.

"Are you sure?" Spencer asked, sounding uncertain. "I thought I heard you crying..."

Kat put her head in her hands and felt the tears trickle down between her fingers. "I'm fine, Spence, just leave me alone, yeah?"

She heard Spencer shift around outside the door. "If you want... Should I get Alfie?"

"He's not here." Kat said, voice trembling.

"He is," Spencer replied. "I saw him walk across the Square a minute ago."

Kat sat bolt upright suddenly. "He's here? You're sure?"

"Yeah..." Spencer said. He sounded puzzled. "Kat, what's going on?"

"Nothing." Kat said quickly. "It's alright, I'm coming."

She put the pregnancy test in the bin and opened the door. Spencer looked at her curiously. But it was alright, she just had to find Alfie. She looked at the clock. Quarter to five.

---------

more soon :p

Chloe-Elise
06-09-2005, 17:47
Its brilliant! :D please update soon :)

crazy_purple
06-09-2005, 18:53
Kat ran across the Square, looking for Alfie. He was back? What did that mean, if it was true? Had he got the money?

"Alfie!" she shouted, glancing round the Square desperately. "Alfie where are you?"

"Hey," a familiar voice said from behind her... she spun around and he was there, oh he was there. She fell into his arms and felt him hug her gently.

"What - I thought you'd gone, I thought you'd -" she was babbling.

"Slow down," he said. He put his hand on her cheek and looked at her. "What - have you been crying?"

She nodded. But for now she had forgotten the full reason why. "I thought you'd left me."

Alfie looked horrifiied and then guilty. "I'd never do that - I had to go and get the money really early, and I didn't want to wake you up. I'm really sorry, I -"

She interrupted him "Did you get the money? All of it?"

He nodded, face breaking into a grin. "Yeah. I went to find Maxwell first thing and begged him for it - once I explained why, he gave me it straight off."

"But isn't he in Scotland?" Kat asked. It sounded too good to be true.

"Yeah - I've been on trains and buses and taxis all day long, God knows how much it all cost... I'm knackered..."

"And you've given Andy the money?" Kat asked - that was the only thing that mattered now.

"Yep!" Alfie said proudly. "I was worried I wouldn't get back in time but -"

"You did!" Kat exclaimed, joy overwhelming her. It was alright, she wouldn't have to sleep with Andy, Alfie wouldn't get hurt, it was alright, it was alright... she had never been happier.

She grabbed him suddenly and hugged him fiercely - he was taken off guard and nearly fell over. "I'm so glad you're back, I'm so glad you're back..." she repeated over and over.

Alfie laughed. "Blimey, you must have missed me."

"I did!" Kat said, still not letting go of him. "It was really weird, not waking up with you next to me."

"Awww." Alfie said, smiling. He moved back and stroked her hair lovingly. "Anything interesting happen while I was gone?"

Suddenly she remembered - how on earth could she have forgotten? "Yes!" she exclaimed. He looked at her, grinning but puzzled. She smiled, looking into his eyes. "We're having a baby, Alfie."

-------------------------------

:D More soon... I just thought I'd leave it like that to annoy you :p

crazy_purple
06-09-2005, 19:26
Any expression was suddenly wiped off Alfie's face, to be replaced by a look of shock. His eyes were wide, his mouth open a little bit, and his forehead creased up - Kat found it comical for some reason, and started laughing. She watched his face as the expression of shock turned gradually into wonder, and then the corners of his mouth started turning up into a huge grin. Kat couldn't stop laughing - everything seemed so funny all of a sudden.

"What - we're..." Alfie stared at her, smiling in wonder but still trying to get his head around it. "A baby?"

Kat nodded, and her laughter slowed down. She took both of his hands in hers and placed them gently over her abdomen. "Yeah," she said softly.

Alfie stared at her stomach, clearly amazed. "We're..."

"We're going to have a baby." Kat repeated, smiling.

"But... when did you find out?"

"Only five minutes ago," Kat replied. "I just..." Her voice died away as she realised. She had been explaining it to him and watching him come to terms with it, but hadn't realised hereslf... not properly...

"I can't believe it," she said. She was crying again, but with happiness now. "I'm going to be a mum."

"And I'm going to be a dad!" Alfie exclaimed. He laughed suddenly. "Oh, Kat-" He pulled her into another hug and held her tightly. "I love you, I love you so much."

"Love you too," Kat whispered.

---------------------

more later, i'm gonna go watch EE now :p

crazy_purple
06-09-2005, 21:19
Later

Kat and Alfie were curled up on the sofa in the living room, watching TV. Spencer wandered in, and shook his head in amusement at the sight of them cuddling like teenagers.

"You found him then?" Spencer remarked to Kat.

"Yeah..." Kat replied. She looked at Alfie questioningly. He nodded in agreement.

"Spence," Alfie said casually, "we're going to have to get you trained up in changing nappies soon."

"Why?" Spencer asked, confused. Kat rolled her eyes.

"I'm pregnant, you wally," she said, grinning.

Spencer looked shocked. "Pregnant?" he exclaimed. He looked from Alfie to Kat and back again. He seemed at a loss for what to say.

"I think the word you're looking for is 'congratulations'." Kat laughed. "Ooh, go and get Nana, won't you? We ought to tell her..."

Spencer mumbled "Congratulations" and disappeared, coming back with Nana a minute later.

"Sit down here Nan," Alfie said, moving up on the sofa.

"What's up Alfie?" Nana asked.

"We're going to have a little baby Moon to add to the family," Alfie replied, grinning happily.

"Oh!" exclaimed Nana. "Ooh, that's brilliant news, Alfie!" She turned to Kat, smiling. "You must be really happy darling."

"I am," Kat said, putting her hand on her stomach. "Alfie's making a right fuss over me though. I'm surprised he didn't try and carry me up those stairs."

"I've got to take care of you, haven't I?" Alfie replied. "And our baby. Ooh - our baby - I like the sound of that."

"Me too," Kat agreed. "But it's only the size of like, a frozen pea or something right now."

"Awww." Alfie said fondly.

"You big softy." Kat said, laughing.

"Have you told your family yet, love?" Nana asked Kat. Kat shook her head.

"I'll tell Zoe later, I can't be bothered to go through all this malarkey with everyone on the Square. Word'll get round, I suppose."

"Do you think Zoe'll be happy?" Spencer asked.

"Course she will," Kat said. "She's getting a little brother or sister."

--------------------------

please reply :p

*kalfie*moon*
06-09-2005, 21:35
awww yay! more soon! :)

crazy_purple
07-09-2005, 13:38
Kat went out to the shops the next morning in a fantastic mood. Alfie was fussing over her and Zoe had been round earlier - she had been thrilled at the prospect of a new baby in the family.

Kat bought some bread and other things and stepped out of the shop, swinging her shopping bag happily. But her insides seemed to suddenly turn to water as she saw Andy standing in front of her.

"I want to talk to you." Andy said coldly.

"Wh- what about?" Kat replied, attempting to smile weakly.

Andy moved closer to her. "I made a deal with you."

"Yeah, and I kept to it," Kat said shortly. "You got your money back in time."

"Did you really." Andy said, uninterested. "Don't you get it? I was never interested in the money."

Kat felt ill. What was that? Morning sickness or him?

"I was only interested in you." he said in a low voice. He moved his hand to touch her hair, and she recoiled violently.

"Don't you touch me," she hissed angrily.

"I'll do what I like," he retorted. "As far as I'm concerned, you promised me something and I didn't get it. So you owe me."

"No I don't!" Kat exclaimed, but fear was blooming inside her.

Andy snorted. "I might have got my money back, but I'm not going to be happy until I've got what I'm owed."

"You're disgusting!" she said, and turned to leave, but he grabbed her arm.

"I won't forget, you know," he said quietly and menacingly.

Kat suddenly felt white-hot anger rise in her. "Oh, grow up. You got your money and you sure as hell aren't getting anything else."

Andy looked slightly surprised at her outburst. She was encouraged by this, and carried on.

"Oh, I thought you might want to know - I'm having Alfie's baby."

She watched angry jealousy flash across his face and was pleased. She jerked her arm out of his grip and started walking away.

"Kat," she heard him call from behind her. No, he wasn't going to get the last word. She wouldn't let him.

"I'm glad I didn't do it, anyway." she said quickly. "You know what? He's better at it than you."

She didn't even wait to see his expression - she strode off quickly.

When she got back to the Vic, Alfie was waiting for her in the bar. He smiled at her and handed her something - it was a rose.

"Awww..." Kat said, smelling it. "It's lovely, Alfie, thank you."

Alfie looked bashful and smiled shyly. "I love you."

She looked up, grinning. "I love you too, but you don't have to say that every two seconds, you know."

He smiled. "Er, Kat...look, Sam's asked me to go away on a managing course for a few days..."

"Oh," Kat said, derailed. "Can't I come?"

"I don't think so," Alfie replied sadly. "Sorry..."

"Never mind," Kat said, trying to look happy. "You'd better phone every day though!"

"I will..." Alfie said, grinning. "I'll miss you."

"You too." said Kat. But she was worried... what about Andy? He might bully her worse than he had today... And like it or not, she was frightened of him.

hayley
08-09-2005, 19:22
Its really good! Sorry i havent replied for ages ive been busy and have just caught up!

Please do more asap!
And andy dont you dare!
Yay i was right! A kalfie baby!

crazy_purple
09-09-2005, 17:20
Later, they were locking the Vic up for the night. Kat reached to bolt the door at the top but it was too high. Alfie laughed and did it for her.

"It's not my fault it's too high up," Kat grumbled.

"No, it's 'cause you're too short," Alfie grinned. She hit him playfully, but then her face turned serious.

"Do you know how long you'll be gone for?" she asked.

"Um... three nights. I'll be back on Friday afternoon."

"Oh," Kat said. "You're going tomorrow, then."

"Yeah," Alfie said. He looked worried suddenly. "Look, Kat, if you don't want me to go then -"

'Oh, no, it's all right," Kat said quickly. "I'll just miss you, that's all."

"That's alright then," Alfie said, smiling. "I'll miss you too."

Kat smiled and looked at him seductively. "Are you gonna give me something to remember you by?"

Alfie looked surprised. "But... you're pregnant."

"Yeah...?" Kat said. "Are you planning to be celibate for nine months?"

He frowned, looking rather alarmed at the thought.

"Won't it hurt the..."

Kat rolled her eyes. "No, it won't hurt the baby. Come here..." she pulled him towards her and kissed him. He responded after a second, and she was glad. Being close to Alfie made her forget her worries about Andy and everything else that had gone wrong.

The next day, she awoke to find Alfie packing a suitcase. This unbalanced her for a moment, until she remembered what he had said the day before.

"Hi," she said sleepily. He looked at her and smiled.

"What time are you going?" she asked, rubbing her eyes.

"Eleven o'clock. I meant to get the packing done last night, but..." he grinned and tried zipping up the case - it wouldn't go, as usual.

"You got distracted," Kat said, smiling. She sat up in bed, holding the covers to her chest - and swayed suddenly. "Ooh - I shouldn't have done that."

Alfie looked at her, concerned. "What's wrong?"

Kat held her head. "Morning sickness - it just makes me feel faint if I get up suddenly -" She clapped a hand over her mouth and ran to the bathroom. Alfie followed her and held her hair back while she threw up, keeping his eyes shut. She sat down heavily on the bathroom floor, leaning her head on the side of the bath.

"Are you okay?" Alfie asked.

Kat smiled weakly. "I feel better now, honestly."

"But I could stay and look after you if you're not well," he said, worried.

"I'm fine." she said. "Go. It'd make Sam happy, and you never know, you might get more money, for us and the baby."

"Alright..." Alfie replied, still not convinced. "But Kat..."

"What?"

"You do realise you're stark naked?"

----------
:p more later gotta go

hayley
11-09-2005, 12:17
please post more soon!

crazy_purple
11-09-2005, 18:03
Kat glanced downwards and looked mortified. Alfie passed her a white bathtowel and she wrapped it round herself, her face turning red.

"Don't worry," Alfie said, grinning. "It's nothing I haven't seen before."

"I know... but I just ran down the corridor without a stitch on, and I'd rather your Spencer didn't see me naked."

"Him? He'll still be in bed, he went out last night." Alfie said. "Look, are you sure you're gonna be okay?"

Kat sighed. "I'll be fine, Alfie. It's perfectly natural. You should have seen me when I was carrying Zoe - I practically had to carry a sickbucket around with me. And I didn't even know why I was ill, so..." She glanced up at him. "I'm babbling, aren't I?"

He grinned. "A bit."

"Sorry," she said, letting her head rest on the side of the bath. "You carry on packing, I'd better go back to bed."

"Okay," Alfie replied. he touched her messy hair fondly, and went to kiss her, but she pulled away.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you," she said. "It'll probably taste like sick."

"Charming," Alfie said, grinning.

"I'll brush my teeth and have a shower, and then I think I'll have a nice lie down," Kat said. She paused for a moment. "Thank you for holding my hair back."

"Ah, I couldn't let it get mucky, could I?" Alfie smiled. "What are husbands for, eh?"

She smiled back, and suddenly leaned over and kissed him. He wiped his hand across his mouth.

"Urgh, you were right," he said. Kat laughed.

At five to eleven, Alfie was about to leave. The pub was open and Kat was busy with the customers, but she saw Alfie waiting to say goodbye to her and she rushed over.

"I'll see you-" he had hardly started speaking when she reached up and kissed him lustily. She put her arms around his neck and pulled him closer to her; not seeming to care that the whole of the Vic was watching in astonishment. He put his arms around her and what followed was a rather dramatic snogging session. When they stopped, Alfie became aware they had an audience; the Vic's customers were completely silent.

"Er... well... bye," he said, embarrassed.

"You'd better phone me every day," Kat said, unfazed by her audience. "I love you."

"I love you too," Alfie said. "Take care of yourself... and this-" he placed his hand on her stomach. "Bye to you too," he said quietly.

Kat smiled. "You're so daft, Alfie Moon..." and she pulled him towards her again. The Vic's customers drew breath; but she just kissed him gently on the lips. "Go on," she said, and pushed him out the door fondly. He left.

She turned around and saw the customers staring at her. "What?" she exclaimed.

hayley
11-09-2005, 19:00
This is great! Please do more asap!

crazy_purple
11-09-2005, 21:33
It was getting towards dinnertime, and Kat was missing Alfie already. She felt a little bit dizzy too; but that would just have to wait. The fact was she just couldn't be bothered to have morning sickness. She treated it like one of the drunks they sometimes got in the bar, who you could see had had too much and were getting annoying, but just had to be put up with.

She looked up and caught her breath. Sam and Andy had come in.

"Kat," Sam said, coming up to the bar, "You're not mad at me for making Alfie go on that course, are you?" She sounded apologetic.

"No..." Kat answered, surprised.

"Well, I feel a bit guilty now..." Sam said, grinning in an embarrassed way. "I just found out about - you know."

"Oh," Kat said. "That's alright, I'm fine, honestly."

"Are you sure?" Sam looked concerned. "I mean, I heard you had some problems before."

"What?" Kat asked, genuinely confused.

"The - the last time you were pregnant," Sam said awkwardly.

Kat's heart seemed to close like a fist. "I'm fine," she said shortly.

"Oh. Okay," said Sam. "If you need anything..."

"I'm perfectly fine!" Kat exploded. "I'd practically forgotten about all that! Is this why everyone's been treating me like a glass doll or something? It is, isn't it?"

"Well - I don't know," Sam said sheepishly. "People just want to make sure you're happy, really."

"No they don't! They just want some fresh gossip!" Kat said angrily, banging a glass down on the bar so hard it nearly shattered.

"Take it easy," Andy said, playing the Helpful Friend. He had clearly been listening to the conversation, and loving it, probably. Kat suddenly realised how much she hated him. More than she had hated her uncle. That shocked her for some reason. It felt all bitter inside her.

She shot a hateful glance at him. Sam had wandered off to speak to Dot; it was likely she had just wanted to end their talk quickly.

"You're loving this, aren't you?" she hissed.

Andy raised his eyebrows. "What? I don't see anything."

Kat wanted him to go away. If Alfie was here - well, no, if Alfie was here he wouldn't have chased Andy away. He would have stood close to her, his hand on her back or her backside. And she knew that was just a stupid male gesture of ownership, she knew because she had seen a million behaviour documentaries on TV (when there was nothing else on, admittedly), and she knew he would just be doing it to prove his point without speaking to Andy. And his point was that it was him, Alfie, who owned her and not Andy. She knew these things, but she didn't care. She would rather it was Alfie than Andy. Alfie probably didn't even know he was doing it. But Andy would.

She breathed out slowly. Calm.

"Push off." she said clearly. She would have said worse, but hey, this is a family pub.

Andy looked at her. She knew he was going to say something sarcastic, she just knew it.

"I don't want to hear whatever you're about to say. You can shove it." she said loudly.

He reached towards her, probably meaning to put his hand on her face like Alfie did sometimes. She slapped his hand away so fast she wasn't even aware of moving.

"Touch me and you will become the highest note reaching choirboy in the whole of London." she said slowly and clearly. "Understand?"

He rolled his eyes. "If you like."

--------------

more sooon please reply

dragoneye454
12-09-2005, 09:16
This is absolutely excellent.
Post more soon

*kalfie*moon*
12-09-2005, 21:30
this is really good :D

crazy_purple
12-09-2005, 21:38
Sorry for the slowness, I'll do some more as soon as I can :angel: It's because we're back at school and its like a prison :( If anyone mentions trinity academy... run! Run for your life! :lol: Ahem. But we're year 11 now so :cheer: . PE tomorrow and we have to have 3 different pairs of trainers! Three! :eek:

I promise I'll update soon :)

hayley
12-09-2005, 21:58
Sorry for the slowness, I'll do some more as soon as I can :angel: It's because we're back at school and its like a prison :( If anyone mentions trinity academy... run! Run for your life! :lol: Ahem. But we're year 11 now so :cheer: . PE tomorrow and we have to have 3 different pairs of trainers! Three! :eek:

I promise I'll update soon :)

dont worry i'm back at school too! i'm finding it hard to have time to come on here!

crazy_purple
13-09-2005, 21:26
Aha, I'm back :cheer: PE isn't so bad, we could pick what we wanted to do in it so I signed up for a 16 week first aid course, which was very sneaky of me because it means I practically never have to do an actual PE lesson ever again. :eek: That just hit me. Whoa. *dances*

Kat was sitting in the living room watching TV when she became aware of a buzzing noise. She realised it was her phone and lunged for it.

"Alfie?" she said breathlessy.

"You took a while to answer that," his familiar voice was in her ear.

"It was on vibrate," Kat answered, toying with her hair. She heard Alfie's surprised burst of laughter and stopped.

"I don't mean that," she said, grinning. "I couldn't hear it, the TV was on. You've got a dirty mind, Alfie Moon."

He laughed. "I know... so, how are you?"

"Okay," she said. "I feel fine now. What did you do today?"

"Ah, it was boring," he sighed. "We just got talked at by some guy, and then we had to get in pairs, I'm with a woman-"

Kat interrupted. "A woman?!"

"Yes..."

Kat sulked. "Is she prettier than me?"

She sensed Alfie's amusement. "I don't know."

"Well, is she younger than me?"

"Yeah, but-"

Kat frowned. "Do you miss me?"

"Yes, you know I do," Alfie said. "What's up?"

"I'm jealous," Kat said, pouting, until she remembered he couldn't see her. "Some other woman getting to spend time with you while I'm stuck here with morning sickness."

Alfie sighed. "You're being silly."

"I know."

"I love you," he said. "And I miss you like hell. In those lecture things, all I think about is you."

"Oh," she said, softening. "Well, Sam's paying for a course for you and all you do is fantasise about me, that's no good."

He laughed. "No, it isn't, is it? By the way, what are you wearing?"

She burst out laughing. "Not telling, you perv."

"Aw..." he said. She could hear the smile in his voice. "Well, if we're not going to do that... how's the mini Moon coming along?"

"I don't know, do I?" she said. She was remembering her earlier conversation with Sam. "I don't even have a bump yet."

"Well, you might do soon," he said. "Have you been to the doctor's?"

"I'm going tomorrow," she said, rolling her eyes at the ceiling. "I'm fine."

"I know," he said softly. "But you're supposed to go, to find out your due date and stuff like that, get advice and everything."

"Alfie..." Kat started.

"Yeah?"

"If...if something goes wrong... will you still love me?" she asked uncertainly, voice trembling.

"Why? It hasn't, has it?" he sounded alarmed.

"No," Kat said hurriedly. "I mean, if it does... like last time."

"Kat," Alfie said reassuringly, "That isn't going to happen."

"Promise?" She asked nervously, biting her lip.

"I promise." he said, and he sounded so certain she forgot her worry. "I won't let anything hurt you, ever. I'm gonna look after you and the baby."

"Oh," she answered, happier now. "You'll be back soon, anyway?"

"Yep," he said. "Can't wait to see you."

"me neither."

-----------------

more soon please reply

hayley
13-09-2005, 21:49
this is great, cant wait for more! more asap!

dragoneye454
14-09-2005, 09:49
It's excellent. Really enjoy reading it

*kalfie*moon*
14-09-2005, 15:49
please do more soon :D xx

Kim
16-09-2005, 21:59
Please do more.

crazy_purple
17-09-2005, 19:10
I've been busy mourning the death of Kalfie :crying: The kitchen table! :eek:

Bleh I'm gonna skip ahead a few months :) I get bored easily :o . By the way, if I get the pregnancy details wrong then I'm stupid, and you can tell me so. :lol:

-----------------------------

Kat now had a noticeable bump, and she was very proud of it. She was five months pregnant and loving it. Today they were going to the clinic for a scan that would tell them what gender the baby was. Alfie was delighted; he had been practically skipping around the house for the last few days.

When they got there, Kat was subdued: it all felt cold and clinical. She was forcefully reminded of how much she hated hospitals; she had been in them too often for the wrong reasons, she supposed. She thought: maybe the hospital she gave birth to her baby in would be the same one in which she had been taken after she had overdosed and slashed her wrists... She wasn't sure she could stand that. That would mean that when she held her baby for the first time, the joy would be mingled with the bad memories of three years previously. Her father holding her hand and crying, telling her he was sorry, while he thought she was still unconscious... The horrible scratchy bandages on her wrists - the first time they had been taken off to be changed, she had seen the brutal open wounds and started retching.

She was brought back to the present with a bump, unconsciously rubbing at the inside of her (now healed) wrists. The doctor was asking her a question. She had to scramble to recall it - "Is there a history of passed-down illnesses in your family?"

'Umm..." she stalled. "My father and his - his brother -" she didn't want to say 'uncle' - "- both have - well, had - heart problems..."

The doctor looked at his notes. "Your uncle died of coronary thrombosis?"

Kat's eyebrows creased. "No, he had a heart attack."

The doctor looked like he was trying to suppress a small smile. "Yes."

"And my mum died of a stroke," Kat went on. The words still felt strange in her mouth, after how many years?

"Yes," the doctor said. He turned to Alfie. "And do you-"

"No, my parents both died of overdose of lorry whilst driving." Alfie said drily.

The doctor coughed. "Well, if you'd like to lie down there, Mrs Moon..."

Kat lay on the couch, or whatever it was, and rolled up her top to expose the bump she was so proud of. Alfie grinned fondly at her. The doctor put some gel on her stomach and she jumped.

"Cold," she whispered to Alfie. The doctor started using the implement; Kat had no idea what it was supposed to be doing, so she just watched the screen hopefully.

Alfie gasped suddenly next to her, as an image appeared on the computer screen. It was black and white and fuzzy, but there was definitely something there among the seemingly random mess. It was like one of those optical illusions.

"Here," said the doctor, pointing at the image. "That's the head..."

"Oh, yeah!" Alfie exclaimed, seeing it. "And that's the body -"

Kat was staring at the screen in amazement. It was incredible to realise all at once that this little person was inside her, was living inside her body. She was crying helplessly with emotion.

Alfie wiped her tears away gently. "So, what do you reckon?"

She nodded, smiling, face wet with happy tears.

"Ah, but is it a girl or a boy?" Alfie said, grinning. "You keep telling me there's only been girls in your family for ages."

"And you keep saying there's only boys in yours." Kat said wisely. "So, doc..."

"What's it to be?" they chorused.

:) tee hee you'll find out after sommeone's replied! :D

Kim
18-09-2005, 13:33
Plzzzzzzzzzzz do more :)

crazy_purple
18-09-2005, 14:21
"It's almost certainly a boy," the doctor said. "If it was a girl, there would be two little white dots here -" he pointed at the screen - "-that would be the ovaries, but there aren't." He smiled at them.

"Oh..." Kat said, lost for words. Now she knew what gender it was, it felt more real somehow.

"We're going to have a son?" Alfie asked. He looked like he was about to cry too. Kat grinned and hit him gently.

"Don't you go all soppy on me now," she whispered.

He smiled, eyes wet. "Sorry."

After the doctor gave them the printout of the scan and asked some more questions, he said "You already know your due date, yes?"

"Yep," Kat said, nodding. She could have recited it in her sleep. "December 18th."

"Good," said the doctor. "That's all for now, we'll send you details of when your next checkup is."

Kat and Alfie left the clinic and walked out into the bright morning sun. They had got no more than three steps when Alfie suddenly grabbed her and hugged her to him, twirling her round happily. She laughed.

"Gerroff, you idiot," she giggled.

"We're going to have a baby son." he said wonderingly.

"I know," she said. She reached up and touched his face. "Are you happy?"

He grinned. "I've never been happier in all my life."

'Good," she said. "Me too." She put her arms around his neck and kissed him. They stayed there for a while, holding each other, kissing gently, until some kid's wolf-whistle cut through the spring air and they pulled apart.

"Let's go to the park," she said, holding his hand and swinging it like a little girl would.

"We can go anywhere you like," he said, brushing her hair back from her face. "I'd take you to the moon and back if you said so."

She laughed and looked up at him shyly. "Will you buy me an ice lolly?"

"Not an ice cream?"

"I'm not allowed those Mr Whippy things," she said, pouting. "They're bad for pregnant women. It was all in that book we got."

"Ah, I forgot about that." He smiled. "I tell you what, the first time we take our mini Moon to the park, I'll get you the biggest ice cream ever."

"With a Flake?"

"With ten Flakes if you want," he said, grinning. "Come on." He took her hand and they walked off.

Yay, see I did remember something from last year in child development! :lol:

Kim
18-09-2005, 14:34
Please do more asap

Chloe-Elise
18-09-2005, 15:45
Awww a kalfie baby boy! Its brilliant please do more soon :)

hayley
18-09-2005, 15:57
this is great! more asap!

*kalfie*moon*
18-09-2005, 18:18
awwww cute!..more soon :D

crazy_purple
18-09-2005, 19:31
Just watched the omnibus and am now officially in mourning for Kalfie :crying: I quote Kat on the subject of Molfie: "This has been going on for nine months?!" - my thoughts exactly... :lol:

Ah, I'm gonna skip forward another few months :o I told you I get bored easily. :D
-------------------------------

It was December 12th, six days before the baby was due. Alfie had been getting more and more tense, while Kat was just looking forward to seeing her baby. They had a bag packed for the hospital - Alfie had told Kat, in a rather worried tone of voice, that Moon boys had always had a tendency to appear early.

They were sitting on the sofa, watching TV and cuddling up together. Her bump was now enormous and she loved it; she loved how people in the street would notice her bump. In short, she was extremely proud. But right now they were distracted (and the whole street was) because it had been snowing. This had amazed the residents, obviously. And it wasn't just flakey, pathetic snow, but full-on heavy snowfall. It had been on the news earlier; the newsreaders expressing their astonishment. It just seemed to have affected London. In fact, some people were getting worried because all the roads and pavements were now covered in about an inch of heavily packed snow, and it didn't seem to be slowing. And now the wind was getting faster; turning into a gale almost. Some of the weather reporters were concerned there might be a snowstorm on the way; others laughed at them. Kat and Alfie were pre-occupied with the impending birth of their son; and to be honest couldn't care less about the weather, it seemed so trivial right now.

"It reminds me of our wedding," Kat said, snuggling up against Alfie's chest.

He laughed. "That was a snow machine."

"I know, but it was brilliant." she said sleepily.

He looked at her. "Are you tired?"

"A bit," she sighed. "M'Okay."

He stroked her hair. "Go to bed if you want.'

"No," she said, "I'd rather stay here with you."

He laid his hand on her bump and she put her hand over the top of his. A few minutes later, Kat grinned when they both felt the baby kick. Alfie smiled.

"So, have you thought about names yet then?" he asked casually.

She sighed. "Not really. I thought we'd decide together."

"Yeah," Alfie agreed.

"What do you think of Charley, though?" she added after a pause.

"Charley?" Alfie said, thinking. "Yeah, I like that."

"Spelt with an EY on the end," Kat said. "Or just IE, it doesn't matter."

He grinned. "You have been thinking about it, haven't you?"

"A bit," said Kat, turning pink.

"Hmm..." said Alfie, laughing. "Charley or Charlie then?"

She shrugged. "I haven't thought about it that much, I just... when I can't sleep 'cause of this little beggar moving around-" -she rubbed her bump fondly- "-I just get thinking about the future and stuff."

"Aw," Alfie said, smiling. "That's alright. I'm terrible at naming things anyway. I had a pet rat when I was twelve and I named that Eggbert."

Kat burst out laughing. "Eggbert?!"

---------------

more later got to go

Kim
18-09-2005, 20:13
Plzzzzzzzzz do more asap

hayley
18-09-2005, 20:13
this is great!
more asap!

crazy_purple
18-09-2005, 20:55
The next day Kat woke up at about 4am. She could hear the wind howling outside and rain lashing against the windows. It was a melancholy sound, but she felt lovely and cosy, lying here under the covers with Alfie sleeping like a baby beside her. As if on cue at the mention of the word "baby", her own started moving fretfully inside her.

"It's alright," she whispered. "Shhh."

She wondered if it was normal to talk to your baby before it was even out of the womb. But she couldn't help it; she couldn't help thinking of it as a real little person - because that was what it was. She had even heard somewhere that babies can hear people talking to them before they're born. She liked this idea.

She found she couldn't relax now; so she crawled out of bed carefully, trying not to wake Alfie, and went to the window. She moved the curtains aside and peered out into the dark. It was definitely raining or something: she could see movement amongst the dark. One of the streetlights outside showed flakes of snow, tumbling fast downwards, eerily glowing in the lamplight.

She shivered suddenly and let the curtains fall shut again. She heard Alfie stir in sleep behind her, and climbed back into bed, grateful for the warmth his body made. She gazed at him for a few moments. He wasn't exactly in the prime of life; he was a bit overweight and his hair was starting to thin out on top. His mouth was slightly open as he slept, giving him a bit of a gormless expression. She smiled to herself. She loved him.

She let her hand touch his rough black hair and cuddled up to him. He got a bit worried sometimes about his age, but what could you do except roll with it? She remembered a saying her mum used to use: "If it's raining - let it." Appropriate, considering the weather. She closed her eyes. She couldn't cuddle up close to him anymore, not like they used to, because of the giant bump. And they hadn't slept together for quite a while: it had gotten awkward. Not just physically - the fact that there was an extremely obvious baby living inside her probably made it feel strange for him. That was okay. She hadn't been feeling exactly sexy lately - she was more interested in her baby and just cuddling. She wasn't sure about Alfie though. When they had been in the bath (she liked sharing, for some reason. It made her feel all nice and clean, and she liked his attention) he had been veeery interested in her chest, which obviously had increased in size due to the pregnancy. Huh. She grinned abstractedly as she fled towards sleep.

--------------------

more soon, I ought to do my homework really :D

hayley
18-09-2005, 21:08
This is great!
I no what you mean about homework- earlier on today when i came on here i was supposed to be doing my homework but i got a bit distracted!

please do more asap!

Chloe-Elise
18-09-2005, 21:28
Aww they are so sweet lol its great please do more soon

crazy_purple
18-09-2005, 21:30
"Kat! Kat, wake up!"

She opened her eyes blearily and saw Alfie stood over her. "What...?"

"It still hasn't stopped snowing!" he said excitedly. "It must be three inches deep! And the wind's horrible, it's like a blizzard..."

She rolled over on her side and buried her face in the bedcovers. "You woke me up to tell me about the weather?"

"Yeah!" said Alfie. "It's snowing, it's actually snowing! If it keeps up, we might have a proper White Christmas!"

"It won't keep up," Kat said. "It never does."

"Hmm..." Alfie murmured, obviously not wanting to agree. "How are you feeling anyway?"

"As big as a house," Kat said grumpily. "I wish he'd hurry up in there."

Alfie smiled and sat down on the bed next to her. "He'll come out when he's ready, won't you... Charley?"

Kat cheered up at the sound of the name she had picked. "I suppose. He isn't officially Charley Moon yet though."

"To me he is," Alfie said. "Do you want me to make you some breakfast? I'll bring it in and we can get crumbs all over the covers."

She grinned. "Nah, I'm getting up. Put the telly on, will you?"

After having breakfast, she went into the living room and sat down next to Alfie. She offered him a piece of toast, but he was staring at the TV, concerned about something. Kat looked at it.

"...so road conditions are unsuitable, particularly in South and East London. We would advise you to stay off the roads. Again, stay off the roads - the heavy snowfall and winds makes driving dangerous." The news announcer turned to the weatherman, who looked grave.

"Yes, as you can see-" - he pointed at a screen behind him - "-the snow is going to continue falling for at least two days, and possibly more than that. Also, the wind has really become violent over last night, and is close to creating a blizzard. We'd advise to only go outside if you have to, to get groceries and such, and refrain from using the roads. After tonight, the weather in London may become totally uncontrollable."

"Well, when is weather controllable?" Kat interrupted, rolling her eyes. She saw Alfie looked worried. "What's up?"

"You're nine months pregnant," he said, staring at the TV screen. "You're due in five days. They say the weather's going to get worse, and we can't use the roads. Kat-" - he looked at her seriously -

"How are we going to get you to hospital?"

------------------

I've really got to go do my homework now :D I'll be back tomorrow night

Kim
19-09-2005, 16:17
Please do more asap.

Chloe-Elise
19-09-2005, 16:31
Its great :) please do more soon

hayley
19-09-2005, 19:55
oooh! they could fly to hospital in a helicopter!
I thibk i no when the baby might come but i'm probably wrong!
Its graet! please do more tonight!

crazy_purple
19-09-2005, 21:27
No, it's not going to be a Christmas Day baby because I think that's just a cliche (ooh, look at me with the big words :lol: )

---------------

Kat had gone to bed for a lie down, leaving Alfie watching the news, when suddenly she felt a terrible pain in her abdomen. Her face creased up in shock and she rolled over on her side, arms hugging her bump. The pain died away after a few moments. She looked down at herself, frowning. That wasn't a contraction, was it....? She had a horrible feeling that it had been. It had been twenty years, but she could easily recall the pain of Zoe's birth.

It could have just been a false alarm. Her waters hadn't broken. Now that it could actually be happening, she was scared. She knew it was going to hurt. A lot. Should she tell Alfie? ...She kicked herself mentally. No, you're going to keep it a secret, she thought sarcastically.

"Kat?" she heard. She looked over and he was poking his head round the door. "Come and look at this, I think it's bad."

She got up carefully, one hand on the bump, and followed him into the living room. The TV picture was breaking up, like a bad video tape, and going fuzzy. Occasionally snatches of speech could be heard - the news announcer saying "bad storms" - "dangerous" - "Stay where you-" and then it was cut off. The screen went blank. At the same time, the light on the coffee table went out, like a snuffed out candle. The wind was howling, snarling almost, at the windows like a wild beast. Kat could hear the sound of tarpaulin ripping and flapping in the blizzard, and knew it was from the market outside.

Something hit the window near them with a glassy clunking noise. Kat yelped and grabbed for the edge of the sofa. Alfie jumped. He walked cautiously to the window and looked - there was now a spiderweb of cracks in it. He turned to face her, shaken.

"I think this is really bad," he said. "We're in trouble, Kat. We can't go outside... things are flying about like mad."

As he spoke, Kat saw an empty crisp packet smatter against the window in a gust of wind and stick there, buffetted by the current. They were upstairs, Kat thought, and a grey edge of panic filtered in on her vision. What was that that had whacked the window earlier? A glass bottle, maybe? She shivered. He was right, this was bad. Suddenly their home didn't seem so safe anymore.

It was very dark, she realised, for 11 o'clock in the morning. Then she realised that was because the sky was full of snow and rain and black wind. She pulled a cushion towards her and hugged it nervously. This wasn't how things were supposed to happen. She was supposed to be relaxing and making the most of the end of her pregnancy, and looking forward to meeting their baby son. It wasn't fair.

"I don't know what-" Alfie started, but he stopped. "Are you alright?"

Kat had frozen and her face had turned a horrible mixture of white and green. She looked horrorstruck.

"What is it?" Alfie asked urgently. "Kat?"

Kat looked up at him, her face a haze of panic and shock. "I think my waters just broke."

----------------------

"I'll be back", like Arnie :D

hayley
19-09-2005, 21:38
oh please do more now i cant bear the suspense!

*kalfie*moon*
19-09-2005, 21:48
you have to do more! it's really good :D

hayley
19-09-2005, 21:50
Just thinking about what i said earlier about flying to hospital in a helicopter, what an idiot i am! Theres a blizzard outside how on earth are they going to fly it! But i had another theory, sledge to the hospital!! Alfie could pull kat along- well desperate times equal desperate measures!
I thought the baby was going to be born on xmas eve but i was wrong anyway!!!

crazy_purple
20-09-2005, 17:16
"You -what?!" Alfie exclaimed.

"My waters just broke," Kat said in a matter-of-fact voice. "...And I think we might need a new sofa."

Alfie's eyes had gone very, very wide. He looked like someone from a cartoon - :eek:, literally. "But.." his voice died away. "We can't-" He looked at her, eyes pleading, as though there was something she could do about it. 'We can't get to hospital! And the power's out!"

Kat felt strangely calm, but she was trembling. She supposed the panic would appear soon. She couldn't face it. This couldn't be happening, not really. It was all a dream, it had to be. Sooner or later she would wake up and she would be in bed, nice and warm, arms cradling her bump, Alfie beside her, sometimes watching her wake up. This alternate reality, this couldn't be happening.

Alfie's hands flew to his head like startled birds and buried themselves in his hair. "Oh God.." he looked on the verge of tears.

------------

Eep sorry, gotta go... "I'll be back..." :D

Chloe-Elise
20-09-2005, 19:50
:eek: You can't leave it like that! Come back soon! Its great please post soon :D

hayley
20-09-2005, 21:13
you cant leave it there!!! Do more soon please!

crazy_purple
20-09-2005, 22:14
'Try the phones," Kat suggested, her voice trembling. Alfie leapt for the house phone in the hitchen, but there was only that horrible disconnected beep... never before had that noise sounded so desolate to him. He grabbed his mobile but the little picture of the signal tower had no bars next to it. He gazed at it, uncomprehending, for a few minutes, before throwing it across the room with an anguished howl. It hit the wall and bounced on the floor, clattering on the linoleum. He turned around and saw Kat in the doorway.

"What are you- sit down!" he exclaimed, horrified. "You're in labour, for God's sake!"

Kat blinked. "I've only had one contraction."

"I don't even know what that means!" Alfie moaned, screwing his face up.

"Alfie, calm down!" she said hurriedly. "It's gonna be okay. I don't think he's planning on going anywhere yet."

He looked at her in confusion. She sighed. It felt strange, being the sensible one. Normally she was the one who went running around like a headless chicken.

"Listen. I've read that baby book we bought, it tells you all about it. When the contractions start coming less than three minutes apart, that's when it'll be time. And I've gotta be 10 centimetres dilated, apparently."

Alfie sat down on a chair. "We can't do this, we really can't."

"Well, it's happening!" she exclaimed, wanting to shock him into sense again. "Whether you like it or not! So just - just deal with it, okay?!"

He looked up at her, face streaked with panicky tears.

"It's going to be fine," she reassured him. "We'll get someone."

She sat down beside him and took his hands in hers. "Alfie, you do know it's me having the baby, yeah?"

He grinned wetly. "Yeah."

"With no pain relief..." Kat trailed off. "Oh, s**t."

Alfie held her hands. "It won't come to that, I promise. I'll get you out of here, or I'll get someone in here. Anyway, I'll be right here. I won't let go of your hand."

"What, you think I'm gonna let you?" she smiled weakly. "Yeah, we'll be alright, won't we?" she was saying it to reassure herself now, to stop the panic from returning.

"Yeah, just keep your legs together," Alfie said, trying to make her laugh.

She snorted. "I've never been very good at that, have I?"

He reached over and kissed her gently on the lips. She smiled back at him. "Oi, I'm in labour here."

Suddenly she doubled up (as well as she could do with the bump) and squeezed Alfie's hand so hard he yelped.

"Are you alright?" he asked, worried.

She nodded determinedly, breathing hard, teeth clenched together. "Contraction. 20 minutes since last one." she fell silent, biting her lip.

------------

more tomorrow :)

Kim
21-09-2005, 15:57
Plz post more asap :)

hayley
21-09-2005, 17:58
please do more soon!! prefably now!!

crazy_purple
21-09-2005, 20:13
Yeah just a min, I had a sudden urge to do a parody of the death of kalfie ep last friday. (!table! :eek: )

hayley
21-09-2005, 22:44
Are you doing anymore tonight?

crazy_purple
22-09-2005, 20:15
They both looked up as Alfie's nana came into the kitchen.

"Ooh, isn't the weather awful?" she commented. She saw their faces and realised something was wrong. "What's the matter?"

"Kat's having the baby, Nan," Alfie said in a flat voice.

"What, now?" Nana said, surprised. "Shouldn't you be in hospital, dear?"

"We can't get to hospital," Alfie said tonelessly, "because the roads are dangerous, and the phones aren't working."

Kat sniffled and wiped her eyes. "It's okay, Nana."

Nana looked at her in concern. "You need a doctor..."

"It'll be okay," Kat said again. "The weather might clear up soon." She nodded determinedly.

They all jumped when an enormous crack of thunder crashed around them. The sky was lit up for a microsecond, filled with bright light. Kat had time to think: that isn't right, lightning comes before thunder, not at the same time... unless it's right on top of us. She shivered suddenly.

"Right," said Alfie, breaking the silence. "We'd better get you into the living room, you can lie down on the sofa."

Kat looked at him, shocked and confused. "But it'll clear up - you said so - you said we'd get to hospital -"

Seeing the expression on his face was enough. She dissolved into helpless tears, head in her hands. Alfie tried to comfort her, touching her shoulder, but she didn't even feel it.

hayley
22-09-2005, 20:50
please do more its brill!

crazy_purple
22-09-2005, 21:00
A few hours later, and the contractions were getting closer together, and with them an increasing sense of fear. Kat was sitting propped up on cushions on the sofa, blankets wrapped around her. She kept alternately throwing the blankets off because she was too hot, or cocooning herself inside them because she was too cold. The storm and blizzard outside showed no signs of slowing or stopping (of course not, how could it ever stop? The notion was inconceivable). Alfie checked all the phones every five minutes, but nothing had changed. And the power was off.

"Oh," she gasped in pain, "there's another one another one -"

She grabbed Alfie's hands and squeezed them with an iron-like grip. Alfie felt the bones grind together; but would he complain? Would pigs fly? Kat tried to do the special breathing from those classes she had been to; but she couldn't concentrate.

"They're getting way closer together," Alfie said, rubbing his sore hands after it was over.

"I know," Kat said, breathing hard. "Have you been timing?"

Alfie looked at his watch and considered. "I make that two minutes since the last."

Kat breathed out and let her head thump back against the sofa. "We haven't got that long then."

Alfie looked at her. He felt awkward, mainly because he just didn't know what to do to help her. Holding her hand was all very well; but it didn't stop her pain. God knew, if he could he would transfer all the pain she was feeling to himself, but he couldn't. He hated to see her in pain; it hurt him, too.

"I'll check the phones again," he muttered, and made to go to the kitchen. Kat grabbed him suddenly.

"No! Please..." she looked up at him, her eyes desperate and so scared... He wanted to cry. She looked like a little lost girl. "Don't leave me alone, I need you..."

He knelt down next to her. "Okay, I'll stay right here." He felt ashamed and useless.

Suddenly her body stiffened and she nearly screamed in agony. She bit down on her lower lip, and didn't even notice when blood trickled out and ran down her chin. Alfie grabbed her, to stop her sliding off the sofa blindly, and she clung to him like a drowning man clutches a piece of wood in the ocean.

"I -" she gasped out. "I think it's-" she was cut off in a gasp of pain. He understood then; the contractions were now constant, which meant (well, apart from that he should have paid more attention in Science) that it was reaching the final stage... She was groaning in pain, and her nails were leaving ragged cuts on his hands and wrists. She suddenly made a wobbly slide off the sofa onto the floor and pushed back against the sofa, sitting up, knees apart. Alfie got in front of her and put his hands in hers again, but she rejected them and groaned, breath heaving, "You've got to- "

Alfie looked at her in horror. She looked back, face wet with tears and snot. "Get him - out-"

She arched her back against the sofa and dug her nails into the carpet.

"Breathe," Alfie said quickly. "Breathe, you've got to breathe!" He demonstrated. "In, out... please, Kat!"

She took several whooping breaths and her lungs seemed to whistle like a kettle. She gradually got into the routine.

"Right," Alfie said. He was shaking. "Um... I think you've got to push..."

Kat glared at him: a look that clearly said 'What the hell do you think I've been doing?'

He looked downwards. This was starting to feel increasingly surreal. It wasn't really happening. He jumped slightly when he noticed something.

"The head!' he exclaimed, shocked. "Oh God there's a-"

Later they might laugh at this, he supposed. Or they might not.

Kat's breath whistled painfully, and he remembered her. "Push!" he encouraged. I should have been a doctor, he thought madly.

-------------

more soon :D

Chloe-Elise
22-09-2005, 21:12
:eek: Please don't leave it there! Its brilliant :D more soon

crazy_purple
22-09-2005, 21:35
Kat felt like she was dreaming. The pain wasn't really there; it was like she had gone through a wall and come through on the other side, and was now floating around peacefully. But that wasn't real either, of course. Really she was half-sitting, half-lying on a scratchy carpet upstairs in a pub with her legs apart (nothing unusual there, her mind supplied malevolently) and her hair plastered to her face with sweat. She pushed.

Then a shrill crying filled the air and Alfie was holding something, a tiny wriggling thing that was slicked with blood and fluid. Her heart seemed to give a great thump and she felt a sudden, terrible wanting for this little thing. She stretched out her arms for it desperately. Alfie picked up a clean towel from next to him and wrapped the newcomer in it gently. He passed it to her with infinite care. She cradled the bundle to her lovingly.

Then for the first time, she looked down at her baby and immediately the tears started to fall like rain. He was perfect. He was better than perfect. He was tiny, so tiny, and pink and soft. He stopped crying when she held him, and he looked up at her face inquisitively. His eyes met hers and she felt so much love she thought she might burst. She saw his hands, how small they were, like miniature versions of her own. She touched his palm gently and gasped as his fingers curled tightly around hers. She couldn't stop crying. This was her baby, hers, and no-one could take him away from her, ever. Her parents weren't about to enter the room and steal him from her.

Alfie moved and sat next to her, looking at the baby in wonder. Kat looked at him, smiling tearfully, and saw that his face was streaked with tears too. She shifted close to him and leant against him. He put his arm around her shoulders and stared down at his son.

----------------

(Yeah, this is one of those scenes where the camera kind of pans upwards, staying on them, and they get further away, and then the Duf, duf, dufs :D Come on, everybody "awwwww")

hayley
22-09-2005, 21:41
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwww!
that was excellent!!
more asap!

*kalfie*moon*
22-09-2005, 21:54
awww cute! it's really good!!

crazy_purple
22-09-2005, 22:09
They were still sitting like that, only interested in their baby, when Spencer shuffled in. He had been asleep all day; some stomach bug had got him the day before and he had been sleeping it off. He had always been a very heavy sleeper, or he would have heard the commotion.

"Well, how are -" he stopped, gazing at Kat and Alfie, stunned. He had expected to find them snogging on the sofa as usual (couldn't they get a room?) and Kat still gloating over her huge bump. Instead he had walked into a room that was a mess, to say the least, and his brother and sister-in-law sitting on the floor with a newborn baby wrapped in a towel.

"Wh- what?!" he exclaimed, astonished. "When did that happen?!"

Alfie looked up at him and grinned. "Ah, you missed it."

"You're telling me!" Spencer's mouth had gone into a comical O shape. "One minute you were pregnant, and next there's a blo0dy baby in our living room!"

"Don't swear in front of the baby," Kat said absently. Spencer's hand flew to his forehead.

"Shouldn't you be in hospital?" he asked.

Alfie rolled his eyes. "Yeah, well spotted, Spence."

"So you had to deliver it?" Spencer asked, sounding horrified.

Alfie nodded. "I don't see any doctors around."

"I'm going for a lie down..." Spencer wandered out, clutching his head.

"Lazy beggar," Alfie commented.

Kat looked at him. "Do - do you want to hold him?" she asked hesitantly.

"Yeah," Alfie said softly. "If you're sure." He knew what a big thing it was for her. He knew she wanted to hold onto her baby forever and never let go of him, especially because of Zoe. He was glad she trusted him.

Alfie took the baby carefully, cradling him in his arms. He was still attached to Kat's insides, he noted. What to do about that? Find two clothespegs and some scissors? Have to sterilise them first, he thought.

But all thoughts disappeared from his mind when he looked properly at his son. Alfie looked at Kat, tears shining in his eyes. She smiled, knowing what he felt.

"Thank you," he whispered.

"What for?"

"Him," he replied, touching the baby's palm as Kat had done. It's fingers gripped his with a tiny but strong grip.

"Hello," he whispered to the baby, who was gazing up at him. 'I'm your daddy."

-------------

more tomorrow I promise, I've got to go to bed now :crying: I really want to carry on... Tomorrow night yay.

crazy_purple
22-09-2005, 22:14
Just a quick note - will someone rate my thread? I just want some of those ickle stars next to my name :D I'm not vain, honest :p i'd do it myself but that'd just be sad. :o

Kim
23-09-2005, 16:04
This is great, please post more asap. :)

crazy_purple
23-09-2005, 16:58
Alfie glanced at his mobile phone (amazingly, it hadn't broke when he had thrown it across the room) and jumped. There was a single bar of signal. It kept winking on and off. He gave the baby back to Kat and grabbed for his phone. He considered - phoning the hospital would be pretty useless, as they wouldn't be able to get an ambulance to them, not even an air ambulance. He frowned, and then inspiration came. He punched in Anthony's number, and prayed his signal would stay on.

"Hello?" he heard a voice, muffled and crackly. Yes! He loved that voice! Before he hadn't been sure of Anthony - he knew he was in love with his wife, that was why - but now he wouldn't have changed him for anyone.

"Anthony! Quick! Kat's had the baby! We need help -" The phone was silent. He looked at it vacantly and saw the single bar of signal had died and the "no service" sign was on. He gave a cry and dropped the phone. Had Anthony got his message?

He watched Kat cuddling their newborn baby and his heart felt like a stone. Of course he hadn't. This was them he was talking about. It wasn't a film, with happy ever after endings and driving off into the sunset. This was real.

And even if he had heard, Alfie reasoned, how would he get here? Fight his way through the storm and the blizzard outside? Get himself killed in the process?

Yes. He would. An image appeared to Alfie, an image of past times when Kat and Anthony had been together. He remembered how Anthony had been around her, how he had loved her (Alfie still felt jealous, even now). And how heartbroken and empty he had been when she had left him. He would die for Kat, and Alfie knew it. But so would I, he said to himself. I'd die for her any day of the week. And for Charley.

Thinking of his son, just his name, cheered him up. He knelt down next to Kat again and looked at the baby.

"Charley, then?" he asked. She looked at him and smiled, nodding enthusiastically. He smiled back, and suddenly reached over and kissed her on the lips. Hers tasted of blood where she had bit it in pain, and were very dry. He looked at her, concerned.

"Do you want some water?"

"Yeah," she replied, turning her attention back to Charley. "Please."

He went into the kitchen and filled a glass with water, and added some ice for good measure. When he got back, he saw Kat looking strange, and hurried over.

"It feels like something else's coming," she said, shifting about uncomfortably. "It doesn't hurt much though."

He glanced at her face. "Is it-"

Suddenly there came a loud, frenzied knocking on the doors downstairs. They both jumped. Alfie had no idea who it was, except for the sudden, bizarre rhyme "tommyknockers tommyknockers knocking at my door" popping into his head. Strange what occurs to you, isn't it... he thought. And then with a jolt he realised it could only be one person, and rushed downstairs, not hearing Kat's protests.

hayley
23-09-2005, 18:07
this is great!!! as per usual!
Is it a twin or the placenta?

crazy_purple
23-09-2005, 19:10
The placenta. I'm trying to get it all technical and right... I wasn't just going to say she had the baby and that was it. :p

---------------------------------------------------

Alfie opened the door and it swung back on its hinges, smashing into the wall. A figure rushed into the the Vic, hands around its head. Alfie forced the door shut against the wind - his clothes were already wet with a burst of rain from outside - and turned to the newcomer. Anthony lowered his hands from his head: he had been keeping his eyes squeezed shut against the dust and things flying through the air.

"Where is she?" he asked urgently. Alfie pointed towards the stairs and Anthony went up them two at a time, a black bag knocking against his knees. They went into the living room and Anthony knelt by Kat immediately, grabbing her wrist to take her pulse, with no explanation. Kat stared up at him, shocked.

"Ant?" she asked. "How did you-"

"I came as fast as I could," said Anthony, looking her in the eyes. Alfie caught the invisible thoughts running between them and felt a flicker of jealousy.

Anthony looked at the baby. "Can I take a look at-"

"Can you cut the cord?" she interrupted.

"Oh...yeah," Ant said. He took some things out of his bag and a moment later Kat and Charley were two separate beings. "A boy," he commented, and wrapped him up in a towel again. Kat grinned when Charley seemed to almost glare at Ant as he cut the cord.

"Something else is-"

"It's the afterbirth," Ant said. "Don't worry, you're not having another one."

While the doctor dealt with Kat, Alfie stood at the window looking out. He couldn't tell for sure, but he thought the wind might be a bit less violent than they had been. It was dark. he checked his watch. Four o'clock in the evening. His son was about fifteen minutes old. He shook himself and went back to sit near Kat.

"Isn't that just gross?" Kat said to Alfie, pulling a face.

He shrugged. "I didn't see."

"Well, it's all over now," Kat said brightly. "I'm glad."

Alfie saw the significant glance Ant gave him. He frowned to himself.

"Maybe you should think about feeding him," Ant said to Kat. "I just want to talk to Alfie for a minute."

Kat nodded. Ant stood up and motioned for Alfie to follow him. They went into the kitchen.

"Will she be okay?" Alfie asked urgently.

"She looks fine," Ant said quickly, "but I'd really like her to be in hospital. She's had a rough experience."

"I know," Alfie said. "And what about Charley?"

Ant looked puzzled for a moment at the name. "Oh - he seems good too. But it's even more important for him to get proper medical attention."

Alfie nodded, listening hard. "What can we do now, though?"

Ant bit his lip. "Keep him warm. Put him in a nappy and some babyclothes. Feed him - Kat's doing that now. Cuddle him."

"That's it?"

"That's all you can do," Ant said heavily. "Beyond that..."

Alfie's eyes widened. "Will he be okay?"

"He looks fine," said Ant, trying to reassure him. "He's healthy, he's not pale, he's moving around, his reflexes are great. He's fine, as far as I can see. But I'm not a specialist."

He met Alfie's gaze. "Look after her. And him."

Alfie saw the pain in his eyes and realised what this was costing him. Kat had once been pregnant with Ant's baby, but she had lost it, and he had never really considered how Ant had felt about it. Now he realised. He looked back at him. "I will."

Ant cleared his throat and looked away, and it was gone. The professional mask was back. "I'll stay here to keep an eye on them."

"Thank you," Alfie replied.

-----------------------------

hayley
23-09-2005, 19:43
that was ace, i do kind of feel sorry for ant but i'm a kalfie fan so i'm happy with a mini moon!!!

Chloe-Elise
23-09-2005, 20:55
Aww poor Ant, but I'm so glad its Kat and Alfies baby!Its great, more soon please :D

crazy_purple
23-09-2005, 21:28
Yay :) I love Kalfie too, I just put the Ant bit in randomly :searchme:

-------------------

Alfie found an extra blanket for Kat. He looked in their bedroom for baby clothes and found a baby-blue cotton one piece garment. It was tiny; he hadn't looked at any of the clothes before, but now they actually had a baby to put in them, it felt strange. He found a nappy as well, and tried to make sense of the instructions on the side of the bag. He would learn, he supposed. They didn't have a room spare for the baby; they were keeping the cot in their bedroom. He got the feeling Kat would rather have Charley where she could see him than in a room down the corridor.

He returned to the living room and put the things down near Kat. He sat on the sofa and draped the blanket loosely around her shoulders. She was feeding Charley, and she edged the blanket further around to her front to cover herself up.

"Are you alright?" she asked, glancing at him. "You look tense."

He smiled at her. In another time, before now, she would have followed that sentence on with "Maybe you need one of my massages" and they would have ended up fooling around on the sofa until Spencer came in and told them to get a room.

"Yeah, fine," he replied. He held up Charley's babyclothes for her to see.

She grinned. "Awww."

"We'll have to put them on him, after..." he trailed off.

Kat glanced down at Charley. "This doesn't bother you, does it?"

Alfie frowned, and then laughed. "God, no. Course not."

Kat looked puzzled. He explained. "Well, Spencer was born when I was 20, and my mum kind of... wandered round the house doing that." He grinned, rolling his eyes. "And she and my dad just used to laugh if I complained."

Kat grinned. "Oh, well you can put up with this then."

"Well, yeah," Alfie replied. He got serious. "You know, I love you two more than anyone else in the world."

"Me too," said Kat. Their eyes met and a moment of uncomplicated love passed between them. She sighed.

------------

more soon

Chloe-Elise
24-09-2005, 09:34
Awww bless they are so sweet more soon please :D

crazy_purple
24-09-2005, 19:25
The next day Kat and Alfie both woke up at the same time to the sound of Charley crying. They had put him in his cot last night when he fell asleep and had gone to bed themselves, being woken up twice by him crying in the dark. Alfie had had to carry Kat to bed - she had been wobbly on her feet and turned pale when she tried to support herself - and she had fallen asleep before he had got into the bedroom.

Kat fed Charley and changed his nappy, while Alfie stretched and yawned by the window. "Weather any better?" she asked, leaning down to kiss the baby's forehead gently.

"You know, I think it just might be," Alfie said, sounding surprised. "Look."

Kat put Charley back in his cot, where he wiggled about happily, and joined Alfie. It was true, the wind had died down and it had all but stopped raining. Alfie went to check the phones, and Kat went back to her baby's cot and leant over to tickle him. He gurgled contentedly. She couldn't stop looking at him all the time. Everytime she did, it occured to her how perfect and beautiful he was, and she just wanted to cuddle him and love him.

There was a shy knock at the bedroom door. Kat looked up, frowning, and tightened her dressing gown around her. "Is that Anthony?"

"Yeah," he said, from the other side of the door. "I just thought I'd better check up on you both... if that's okay with you, I mean."

"Yeah, fine," Kat said. Instead of inviting him in, she picked up Charley and brought him out into the corridor. She didn't really want Ant to go in her and Alfie's room, where they had slept together and curled up at night. It was just that Ant was like a past chapter in the story of her life, and she felt it didn't really need to be re-opened. She was keeping things separate.

"I heard him crying in the night," Ant said, looking at the baby. "That's good."

Kat smiled. "Really?"

"Well, it means he's normal and healthy," Ant said. "He's feeding okay? Used any nappies yet?"

"Yes, and yes." Kat said. "It wasn't very nice, I'm telling you." She grinned.

Ant looked like he felt kind of alienated, cut out from their lives once and for all, but Kat was only mildly surprised that she felt nothing about this.

Alfie rushed out of the kitchen suddenly. "Hey! The phones are okay!"

Ant glanced at him. "Did you get through to the hospital?"

'Yep!" Alfie said, hopping from foot to foot in excitement. "They say they'll get here as soon as they can, but the roads are still bad."

"Good," said Ant immediately. "That's good..." He looked from Alfie to Kat and back again, and then mumbled something and wandered off.

"We haven't showed Nana the baby yet," Kat said, smiling at her husband.

"Let's show her when she gets out of bed," Alfie replied. "You know how lazy she is when she's having a lie-in."

They both laughed. Alfie touched Charley's hand, who was gazing at his daddy solemnly. "Handsome little devil, aren't you?" he said, grinning. "I bet you got that from your mum."

Kat smiled. "He's got your nose."

"Poor beggar."

"And he gets that same gormless look on his face when he's asleep that you do."

"What gormless expression?" Alfie asked, grinning in surprise.

"When your mouth's open and sometimes you dribble a bit. It's funny..." she said, laughing as he turned pink.

"Well, you snore," Alfie returned, laughing. It was her turn to blush and she did. She put Charley back in his cot and turned back to Alfie.

"Sometimes you talk in your sleep," she said. "The last time you did, it was something like 'don't let the bears get me, they don't like me'."

Alfie laughed despite himself. Then he got serious. "Sometimes you cry in your sleep."

Kat stopped. "What?"

"You do," Alfie said. "And you clench your fists and say 'no, don't' a lot."

"So what?" Kat said defensively. "I can't help it if I-"

"No, no, it's alright," Alfie says quickly. "I wasn't making fun of you."

"I know," Kat said. Her face cleared gradually.

"And then I hug you and you calm down," Alfie said, looking into her eyes.

She smiled. "You always look after me, don't you?"

"I've got to," he said, moving closer to her. "I'm your knight in shining armour, aren't I?"

"Yeah," she said, grinning. She came up close to him and soon they were kissing gently. He went to undo her dressing gown but then they both heard Charley gurgle and they broke apart.

hayley
24-09-2005, 19:38
awwwwwwwwwww! thats so sweet!!
more asap!

*kalfie*moon*
24-09-2005, 20:51
aww cute! :)

crazy_purple
24-09-2005, 21:39
It was about three hours later when they heard the sirens outside. Alfie looked out the window and laughed - there was nothing elso on the roads and the ambulance was going at about 5mph, it didn't half look stupid with the sirens going. Kat had got dressed and had a shower, and Charley had been fast asleep for a while.

Alfie wrapped his son up in a thick blanket - it was cold outside - and carried him to the door. Kat followed, still weak on her legs. Nana went with them as far as the door.

"Good luck darlings," she said. "Hope you'll be okay."

"See you soon, Nana," Kat said. They went outside, shivering in the cold frosty air. Alfie held Charley tightly against him. The ambulance's doors opened and a man came out. He put a blanket around Kat's shoulders - she was sick of blankets by now - and went to take Charley from his dad but Alfie made a point of passing the baby to Kat instead.

By now curtains were twitching in houses around the Square and at the Slaters', they had seen the ambulance was parked at the Vic and had come out, looking worried. Charlie - the older one (this is going to get confusing, Alfie thought) - hurried towards the ambulance, seeing Kat getting into it.

"Kat?!" her father said urgently. "What's wrong -" He suddenly saw the baby in her arms and gasped.

"Dad," said Kat, "this is Charley. Charley, meet Charlie." She looked from her son to her father, smiling.

He stared at the baby, amazed. "When did you have-"

"Yesterday," Kat said, looking proud. "Alfie was the only one there."

Alfie looked modest. Charlie was frowning in astonishment. Alfie clambered into the back of the ambulance with Kat and they waved goodbye to Charlie, who was still trying to take in the news that he had a grandson.

-------------------------

more soon

Kim
25-09-2005, 02:26
This is great, please do more asap.

Chloe-Elise
25-09-2005, 15:16
Aww its great more soon please :D

crazy_purple
25-09-2005, 16:24
Alfie arrived back at the Square a few hours later, and found himself bombarded by people wanting to know what had happened. The streets were covered with slippery sludge and quite a lot of windows had been broken in the storm. The Square was a mess, he saw.

"Alfie!" Zoe shouted as he wiped muck off a bench in the park with his sleeve and went to sit on it. "Is somebody going to tell me what's going on around here or what?!"

She looked angry and scared. Well, she had seen her mum loaded into the back of an ambulance. "Dad says Kat's had her baby, why was -"

"It's alright," Alfie said, holding his hands up. "We couldn't get anywhere in the storm last night, the phones were dead, and Kat went into labour."

A tiny voice at the back of his mind said "She did?!" It still felt so amazing. He couldn't really get his head round the idea that he now had a baby son.

"Is my mum okay?" Zoe asked anxiously. She blinked as she realised she had said "my mum".

"They're keeping her and Charley at the hospital for a few days just to keep an eye on them," Alfie said. "But the doctors said they both look fantastic."

"Oh," Zoe said uncertainly.

"And of course Kat replied 'well, don't I always?'" Alfie grinned fondly at the memory.

Zoe smiled, bottom lip quivering. "I was so worried - I thought I might lose her." She poked at a leaf on the ground with her toe, staring at it, her face turning pink.

"You won't," Alfie said. "She's going to be fine. And hey - you've got a new baby brother."

Zoe looked up, smiling. "Awww... I bet she's over the moon."

"Yep," Alfie replied. "So am I."

"Can we go and visit her later?" Zoe asked. "Dad wants to see the baby, but I wasn't sure if that'd be a good idea, what with... me... and everything."

Alfie nodded. "No, I'm sure Kat'll be fine about that."

"Have you held him?" Zoe asked, interested.

"Held him?!" Alfie said, laughing. "I had to deliver him!"

Zoe looked surprised. "Really?"

"There was no one else there," Alfie said. "I had to be the doctor, didn't I?"

Zoe smiled. "You and Kat must have been really brave."

"Yeah, well, Kat did most of it," Alfie said. "I just sat there like an idiot, holding her hand."

"At least you were there." Zoe said. She grinned. "I bet Kat's sitting in hospital now, all proud to be a mum."

"She is," Alfie said. "But... she cried when the doctor took him away for tests. She was holding onto me and kept saying 'I'm being stupid, I'm being stupid'... But she wasn't. She couldn't help it."

"Oh..." Zoe said sadly.

"And when they brought him back she hugged him to her like she was never going to let him go again. She gave the doctor a right dead-eye, you should have seen it." He smiled.

Zoe looked upset again, so Alfie shut up. "Sorry."

"It's alright." she answered. "I just sometimes wonder if it might have been different, you know... if she had been my mum."

"She is your mum." Alfie said firmly. "Now, when are you going to visit her and the baby? She wanted you to see him earlier."

"She did?" Zoe asked, brightening up.

"Yep," Alfie said. "She'll probably have you lined up for babysitting jobs already." He was joking; they both knew Kat wouldn't want to hand her baby over to anyone else, at least not for a while.

"Ooh, I'll go later then," she said. "Dad and the rest of them will want to go too."

---------

more soon

hayley
25-09-2005, 18:38
this great, alfie is so loving!!
more asap!

Chloe-Elise
25-09-2005, 20:28
Awww bless Kat and Zoe and Alfie and Charley lol its brilliant post more soon please :D

crazy_purple
25-09-2005, 20:59
Can anyone help? I've made a lovely Kalfie banner :p but I don't know how to put it in my signature. Or do I just have to insert it at the end of every post? Thanks :)

--------------------

Kat was lying in bed at the hospital reading a magazine when there was a knock at the door. She saw her father through the glass, his outline blurred, and all of a sudden her mind did a backflip to twenty years ago, when he had been waiting outside just the same. She swallowed her ridiculous sense of dread and called "come in".

She hadn't been prepared for the crowd that was about to traipse in. Charlie, Mo, Little Mo, Zoe and Stacey all filed in. She smiled, surprised.

"Hello, love," said Charlie. "How are you?"

"Fine," she said. She looked at the others. "What, no presents?"

Stacey produced a carrier bag from behind her back and dumped it on Kat's bed, grinning. Kat laughed and looked at the contents: loads of cards and some presents wrapped up in bright wrapping paper. Kat was overwhelmed, and nearly cried again.

"That's reallly nice of you," she said warmly. "Thanks."

"Some of the cards are from people all over the Square," Zoe said. "Ooh, you've already got one."

She was looking at a card from Alfie that was propped up on Kat's bedside table, close to her. It had those cute little grey bears on that Kat loved: two of them looking at a miniature bear that was in a blanket. "Awwww..." Zoe said. "That's so sweet."

"I know," Kat said, smiling. She reread the message he had written inside. Dear Kat, thank you loads and loads for our baby, he is the best Christmas present ever. I promise to love you both for eternity. Love Alfie xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ..... the x's went on for quite a while. She grinned. He was just a big softy at heart.

Charley was currently asleep in a little cot next to Kat's bed. He twitched in his sleep and Mo looked over. "Another addition to the family then, eh?"

Kat wanted to say that Charley wasn't a Slater, he was a Moon, but thought that might upset her dad, so she didn't. It wasn't that she didn't like the family; she had got so sick of being tarty Kat Slater that now, the word Slater just made her think of endless dirty one-night-stands, throwing up outside nightclubs, coming home on the back of trucks... and her uncle, of course. Mustn't forget him. ...Well, she was a Moon now, anyway. And Moon meant good things - Alfie, Charley, being clean and safe and loved. She was where she belonged, with who she belonged with. And you know what? I've never been happier, she thought warmly.

Even Stacey looked moved by the tiny baby. "Yeah, he's nice," she said. She liked Kat and sort of looked up to her; she was like the mother she'd never had but always wanted.

"Can I hold him?" Zoe asked, looking at Charley.

Kat hesitated. "Yeah, go on then."

Zoe picked him up carefully and held him. "Hello," she said. He was asleep, but that didn't matter. "So you're my ickle baby brother then? Mmmm?" she touched his hand. "Everyone's been talking about you. And your mummy-" she looked at Kat "- your mummy loves you like mad."

Kat smiled and fidgeted with the bedcovers.

"And she's a good mummy, and all," Zoe said wisely. "She'll look after you."

Zoe went to pass the baby to Charlie, but he declined, noticing Kat's expression. Just then, there was another knock at the door and Alfie came in, holding a bunch of flowers and a teddy. He saw them all and grinned.

"I didn't know what time you'd all be coming," he said. "Ooh, you brought presents too."

"It's like Christmas!" Kat said, looking at the presents on her bed.

"Well, only two weeks to go..." Alfie said. He gave the flowers to Kat. Their eyes met and they smiled at each other.

"We'd better go," Charlie said. "Leave these two alone, eh?"

"Three," Kat corrected. Charlie smiled.

Zoe put Charley back in his cot and they left. Alfie carefully placed the soft teddy next to the baby.

"Did you check that's safe?" Kat asked.

"Yeah," Alfie said, grinning. "Suitable from birth, look." He pointed to the label.

"Alright then." Kat answered. "Just making sure."

"I know," he said. He sat on the bed. "What do you think of the flowers?"

"They're lovely. Thank you," she said happily. "Really beautiful."

"Like you."

Kat laughed. "Shut up."

"No, you are," Alfie said. He stroked her hair gently. 'Beautiful, I mean.'

Kat tried to look annoyed, but was secretly pleased. "I haven't even got makeup on."

"You're lovely anyway," he said, and kissed her. She put her hand on the side of his head and kissed him back.

"What'll the doctors think?" he said, laughing, when they broke apart.

She shrugged. "I don't care."

----------------

more soon

*kalfie*moon*
25-09-2005, 21:02
aww more soon x

hayley
25-09-2005, 21:09
aaaaaaaaw! thats so sweet!!
more soon!

To get your banner up you have to upload it onto somewhere like imageshack then copy the url address onto the bit in your profile where it says signature. But it will only come up when you have 500 posts i'm afraid!
for more info look in the banners forum!

crazy_purple
25-09-2005, 21:14
500?! :eek: I've got... 65.... :crying: Oh well. Looks like you're in for a lot more posts then. :cheer:

edit: Or if anyone wants the banner, you can have it then :angel: Hang on five minutes and I'll put it up....

crazy_purple
25-09-2005, 21:25
http://uk.geocities.com/tommo_crazypurple/kalfie.bmpYaaay! Feel free to take :)

hayley
25-09-2005, 21:29
I no i was like on 100 and something when they took my banner away! And it took me ages to get to 500 but i did it!! Just keep replying to everything you watch or know about and they soon add up!!
You can put this banner on the banner forum and make more and people can have them.

Kim
25-09-2005, 21:39
This is great, please do more soon. :o

Kim
25-09-2005, 22:05
How do you get bannars in your sig? Ive tried imageshack but i keep getting a load of web adressess in my sig. Am i doing something wrong? Sorry to go off topic.

*kalfie*moon*
27-09-2005, 19:18
please do more!

crazy_purple
27-09-2005, 20:59
A few weeks later, and Kat and Charley were back home and life had more or less settled into a routine. Alfie was working downstairs in the bar, but they had got an extra barmaid in so Kat could have plenty of time off.

"What are going to do today, then?" Alfie asked Kat. They had just woken up to the sound of the baby crying, and after looking after him Kat had clambered back under the warm sheets next to Alfie and cuddled up next to him.

"The same thing we do every night, Pinky!" Kat replied jokily. "Try to take over the world!"

He looked at her oddly, grinning. "You're weird."

"I know," she sighed. "All mums are slightly insane, you should know that."

"Ah!" he exclaimed suddenly. "I promised I'd take you to the park."

"Eh?"

"I did. I promised I'd buy you an ice cream, ages ago." he grinned at her. "Remember?"

"Oh yeah," Kat said. "Ooh, Charley hasn't seen the park yet."

"That's it then, we'll have to take him." Alfie got out of bed. "Come on."

"Alfie -"

"What?"

"It's New Years Eve. It'll be freezing. No way am I eating an ice cream."

Alfie looked crestfallen. "Oh. I forgot."

Kat sighed. "Never mind... we can still go. If you make me breakfast.'

"Full English coming up." Alfie said happily.

Kat grimaced. "I'd rather just have toast and some fruit, thanks."

She had had awful cravings for greasy food most of the way through her pregnancy, and now couldn't stand to look at it.

"Breakfast in bed, then." Alfie said. "I'll bring the papers in and we can cuddle up under the covers."

He practically skipped out the room. Kat sighed with amusement. Ah, she loved him.

Later on, they got Charley all wrapped up and took him to the park in the pram. He was awake for once (Nana had told them at great length that Moons had always been sleepy, placid babies) and gazing at Kat with great interest.

Alfie wiped off a bench in the park with his sleeve and grinned, gesturing for Kat to sit on it. "My lady..."

She laughed. "Shurrup."

They sat on the bench for a while, Kat rocking the pram absently.

"I wonder where the ducks go," she said suddenly.

Alfie looked at her. "What?"

"The ducks. In winter. Where do they go?"

Alfie shrugged. "Fly away?"

"Oh."

Kat gazed at the frozen pond with a faraway look in her eyes. Alfie wondered what she was thinking about. He realised that her face looked quite careworn and there were lines around her eyes. Her makeup looked vague and ghostly in the cold bright air. But she was beautiful; he had never realised that fully before. She was more than first met the eye, she had depth and love inside her. No-one else had seen what she had seen. Everything about her was beautiful: how she babbled when she was drunk; the look she sometimes got when she wanted a hug because she was scared but would never admit it; the way she kissed him and took control; everything, even the thin white scars that looked like barbed wire on the insides of both her wrists. Ah, he loved her.

---------

Oh great, now I've got the Pinky and the Brain song in my head. :p What happened to that show?:hmm:

Also sorry for stealing from The Catcher In The Rye :o

Rain_
27-09-2005, 21:19
I've just read the whole lot from start to finish. Excellent !!!!! Now more please :D

Chloe-Elise
27-09-2005, 21:57
Awww aint they sweet? :D Please post more soon

Kim
28-09-2005, 16:03
This is great as usual, Please post more asap.

hayley
29-09-2005, 21:41
awwwwwwwwww! :heart: !

more asap! please! :D ( i did my best smile!)

dragoneye454
30-09-2005, 10:18
:cheer: This is amazing. I love it.

*kalfie*moon*
01-10-2005, 08:15
more! :D

crazy_purple
02-10-2005, 19:41
The New Years fireworks started around midnight. Kat and Alfie had been asleep in bed, his arm draped around her body, and the sudden loud explosions jolted them both out of sleep.

"Oh, God," Kat mumbled, pulling the bedcovers over her face. Red and green light splashed across their bed from the window for a second, and then a whoosh and the pitter-patter of sparks crackling in the dead night.

Any other year she would have been up and out, probably getting drunk somewhere and partying till dawn. Last year she had stayed relatively sober, however. She and Alfie had watched the fireworks through their bedroom window and then ended up falling into bed together, the explosions adding some lovely background noise. She grinned in spite of herself. But that had been last year; there had just been the two of them and they had actually managed to get some sleep at night. How long ago had that been?

Just then the baby started crying thinly and Kat slid out from between the covers to go to him. She missed the warmth of Alfie's arm around her already.

"It's alright, mummy's here," she whispered to her baby, picking him up and cuddling him. "Are you hungry? You only just had some a while ago."

Charley didn't stop crying and ignored her when she undid her top. Another firework went off and he wailed desperately.

"He's scared," Kat said. "Come here, darling."

She climbed carefully back into bed and snuggled up, holding the baby comfortingly. "Shhh," she said to him. "You're alright."

Alfie looked at them. "Maybe you could sing to him," he said, half-joking.

Kat frowned, looking concerned for Charley. "Poor baby," she said, cuddling him.

"It'll stop soon," Alfie said. "Here, let me-"

He took the crying baby from Kat and held him against him. "Charley, Charley," he hummed, but couldn't think of anything else.

"We'll.... never buy you a Harley!" Kat exclaimed, inspired.

Alfie shot an amused glance at her. "Not even when..." he paused. "When you're old and gnarley?"

"Is that a word?"

"It is now," Alfie said, grinning. "Charley, you come from a family of plonkers-"

"And they're all clearly bonkers."

"But I'll eat my hat-" Alfie continued.

"If... Alfie and Kat...?"

"Aren't together forever after!" he ended happily.

"Awww," Kat said fondly. They looked down at Charley. He had stopped crying, but looked frightened and miserable.

"I think we need to sing him a lullaby, not write a poem." Kat said.

"I don't know all the words to any," Alfie said, thinking. "Ah! Hold on..."

"What?"

Alfie grinned and started singing "All the leaves are brown..."

"Eh?"

"And the sky is grey...?"

"Oh, aye."

"I've been for a walk.."

"On a winter's day..." Kat joined in.

Charley was watching them, looking quite concerned for their sanity. But he wasn't crying anymore.

"Aw, he's stopped," Alfie said. "Are you alright now Charley?"

Charley gave him a look which clearly said: I am, but I don't know about you. He gurgled and looked towards Kat again purposefully.

"You greedy beggar," Kat said, amused. "I only fed you like an hour ago. You're worse than your dad."

"Hey!" Alfie said jokily.

"And Charley's probably less obsessed with my chest than you are," she said.

"I'm not obsessed," Alfie said, pretending to be hurt.

"Well, stop staring at it then."

Alfie looked away, grinning.

"Perv," she said, laughing.

Kim
02-10-2005, 20:29
This is brill, please do more soon.

crazy_purple
02-10-2005, 22:18
The next day was a day off for both of them, and Alfie had been down to the video shop and rented a film for them to watch with pizza and popcorn. He was intent on spending time with Kat on his day off and had convinced her to put her feet up in the living room. She was enjoying the attention.

"What've you got then?" she asked as he came into the room.

"Well, I thought you'd like a girly film," he said, rolling his eyes jokily. "Moulin Rouge. Billy said Mo likes it."

"Ah, she's a soppy cow," Kat said. She was currently annoyed with her little sister because Mo had kind of said that Freddie was cuter than Charley. Or something like that. But Kat was very protective of Charley and wouldn't hear a word against him.

"It's got whatshisname in," Alfie said. "That guy."

Kat pouted. "If his name doesn't end in Clooney, I'm not interested."

Alfie sighed and sat down on the sofa. "If you don't want to watch it-"

"I do!" Kat said. "As long as we can have a cuddle, like we used to."

Alfie grinned suddenly. "Why do you think I wanted to do this in the first place?"

He put the film on and settled back on the sofa. Kat moved to put her legs rather suggestively in his lap. He looked surprised and then let his hands fall onto her ankles.

Fifteen minutes later, Kat looked at Alfie and frowned.

"What?" he asked.

"Don't you fancy me anymore?" she asked, sounding hurt.

"What - why?" he said, surprised.

"Normally your hands'd be halfway up my skirt by now," she said. "You haven't even looked down my top once."

Alfie frowned. "I didn't think you'd want me to try anything like that-"

"I do," Kat exclaimed. "We haven't done anything nice for ages and ages..." She looked glum.

"Um... sorry," Alfie said, confused. "I just always thought you were too busy with Charley and you wouldn't want to -"

"Oh, it doesn't matter," she said. "I don't blame you, I mean I'm not exactly slim."

"That's got nothing to do with it," Alfie broke in. "I love you to bits..."

"Doesn't mean you fancy me," she said grumpily.

"I do fancy you!" Alfie exclaimed.

"Prove it," she said quickly.

"Alright!" He leaned over and kissed her. She kissed him back lustily and ran her fingers through his hair.

He pulled away - she tried to stop him - and sat back, looking rather stunned. "Whoa," he said. If it had been a cartoon, he would have had the little lovehearts coming out of his eyes.

"What?" she asked, grinning innocently.

"I didn't think you were going to snog my face off," he said. He looked at her. "But, fair enough."

He grinned back at her. "Want me to prove it some more?"

"Hell, yes," she said.

Later on, Spencer was wandering around the Vic, bored. Hardly anyone had come to the pub, probably because it was New Year's Day and they were all sleeping off their hangovers from the night before. He had been left on babysitting duties earlier and had taken his nephew round Albert Square in his pram. It had been brilliant: a load of girls had come and talked to him, asked him if it was his baby.

Now Charley was crying and Spencer didn't know what he wanted. He had offered him a bottle - which he had handled very carefully: he was quite squeamish about things that had come out of his sister-in-law - and he hadn't stopped crying. His nappy didn't need changing. Spencer supposed he had better go ask Kat or Alfie. They weren't in the living room, but the TV was on.

He knocked on the door of their bedroom and opened it hesitantly. "Kat, are you in-"

He slammed the door shut quickly, nearly taking his fingers off with it. Oh dear God. That wasn't nice. "Sorry," he mumbled at the closed door, face beetroot. He ran off down the corridor and plonked himself down on the sofa. Charley had stopped crying. Well, thanks kid, Spencer thought.

He heard footsteps and his face turned beetroot again. Alfie came in.

"Do you mind?!" Alfie growled.

"No, I babysit," Spencer said automatically.

"For the love of... next time, knock!"

"Sorry," Spencer said in a small voice. "You could have warned me."

Alfie threw him a deadly look and stormed off.

Spencer sighed. Then he frowned. "Ewwwww...."

Chloe-Elise
03-10-2005, 16:43
Lol! Bless Spencer, its great, please post more soon :D

Kim
03-10-2005, 16:48
This is fab, please do more.

hayley
03-10-2005, 18:20
wow! those parts were so goooooood!

crazy_purple
03-10-2005, 22:00
ignore that bit I just deleted, if you did read it...

---------------

Kat was out walking with Charley in the pram when she bumped into Andy. Her heart sank as he looked her over disdainfully.

"So this is the kid," Andy said, glancing at Charley. "Looks like Alfie."

"Thanks," Kat said uncertainly.

He glanced at her, raising his eyebrow. "Was that a compliment?"

Kat frowned. She wouldn't have anyone saying her baby was anything less than beautiful. "What is that supposed to mean?"

Andy shrugged. He looked bored.

"Sam treating you well?" Kat asked. She knew how he sneered at Sam behind her back, and how Sam wouldn't hear a word against him.

"Fine," Andy said shortly. He met her eyes and knew that she knew. He broke the gaze and looked down at Charley again.

"What's this?" he said, picking up Charley's teddy bear - the one Alfie had put in his cot at the hospital. He knew perfectly well what it was, he just wanted to annoy her.

Charley lifted his arms up and out, wanting it back, but Andy ignored him. "Let me guess. Alfie."

Kat frowned. "Yes, Alfie bought that for him."

Andy looked like he was about to say something snide.

"So?" Kat cut in.

"Nothing," Andy said, holding his arms up in a mock gesture of innocence. "I expect he's turned into the perfect husband and all."

Charley wailed for his teddy, but nothing happened.

"Give him that back," Kat said, irritated.

Andy ignored her, passing the toy from hand to hand. He was doing it on purpose, she knew it. All because he was jealous of Alfie. He wouldn't admit it, but.... And he hated Charley. She could feel it, a vague, unsettling thing in the air. He hated her baby because it was Alfie's.

Kat grabbed for the teddy suddenly, angered by him, but he held it out of her reach nonchalantly.

Charley started to cry. He could see his precious cuddly toy, it was right there, in that grown-up's hand, but the grown-up wouldn't give it to him. He cried in futile upset and confusion.

"Give it back!" Kat exclaimed. She lunged for it and grabbed it off him. She knelt down and passed it to Charley, making soothing noises, and he hugged the teddy and his crying died down.

She turned back to Andy, who was smirking. She wanted to hit him.

"What is wrong with you?" she hissed.

"Me? Nothing, darling," Andy replied. "You're the one tied down with a sprog and some lump for a husband -"

"Shut up," Kat said angrily. "I never asked you to talk about my life, thanks."

"Sure," Andy said. "But darling, if ever you need a break... you know where to find me."

He sauntered off, looking pleased with himself. She hated him so much...

Kim
05-10-2005, 20:17
This is fab, please do more.

hayley
05-10-2005, 22:38
its great! poor kat! more asap! please!

Skits
25-10-2005, 17:22
i've just read it all from start to finish and it's brilliant. please please come back and do more.

Chloe-Elise
25-10-2005, 18:28
Brilliant:D more soon please