PDA

View Full Version : Lemar gets five Mobo nominations

Luna
25-08-2005, 08:29
Singer Lemar leads the way at this year's Music of Black Origin (Mobo) Awards with five nominations.
The BBC Fame Academy finalist is up against Joss Stone and Estelle for UK act of the year. His other nomination include best R&B act and best video.

John Legend has three nominations and Mariah Carey and Snoop Dogg are both up for two awards. Rapper Kano, Sean Paul and Jamiroquai are among nominees.

London's Royal Albert Hall will host the 10th Mobo Awards on 22 September.

The nominations were announced at an awards party which was hosted by T4 presented June Sarpong.

A new Mobo award for best African act has been introduced, with voting taking place in Africa itself.

The nominees include Youssou N'Dour, who recently performed at Live 8 and the Womad festival, and Ladysmith Black.

Lemar's Time to Grow has been nominated in the best album category while his single If There's any Justice is up against songs by Ameri, Lethal B, Mario and Snoop ft Pharrell.

Marley nominated

Damian Marley, the son of Bon Marley, is among nominees for Best Reggae Act.

This year's awards will feature a special tribute to soul singer Luther Vandross, who died last month.

Last year's ceremony was overshadowed by protests following the exclusion of Elephant man and Vybz Kartel who were accused of homophobic lyrics.

British singer Jamelia and US hip hop star Kanye West were the big winners on the night, picking up three awards each.

Debs
25-08-2005, 12:43
i dont really get how lemar is so popular???

Luna
25-08-2005, 12:47
Oh i think he's brilliant

Jemma
30-08-2005, 13:33
So do I! I hope he wins something.