PDA

View Full Version : Nobody Said It Was Easy - Kalfie

Amber
21-08-2005, 14:11
Okay, I have been working on this for ages now but I dunno if it's any good.
Here are the first few parts. Let me know what you think.

--

Nobody Said It Was Easy
It had been months since Alfie had left the square, leaving not one but two broken hearts behind. Kat still refused to acknowledge Little Mo as her sister and the whole of the Slater family was in turmoil, Charlie siding with Little Mo and Big Mo backing up Kat.

The day he left was still so vivid in her mind that Kat found it hard to sleep at night, she would see his face directly in front of her but reaching out desperately for her husband, he would disappear. She knew it was time to face the truth, that they would never be together again and deep down she didn’t want to be Mrs Moon anymore. He had made his decision before he left, and he wanted Little Mo.

Every time she saw her sister Kat could feel her stomach twist violently, to think that she had taken away the only man she had ever truly loved. If she thought about it long enough she could still picture them, standing together, holding hands and giggling, just like he used to with her before their marriage crashed and burned.

Neither of them knew where Alfie was, he hadn’t let anyone know, not even his Nana. He just wanted to go and never come back; he had made such a mess of his life in Walford that all he could do was try and forget any of it ever happened. To wipe his memory of Kat, how he crashed her wedding, the times they sat together in bed and giggled over some stupid argument they had had the day before, how he would bring her breakfast in bed and she would sit there in his kimono and feed him toast, their wedding day when he had promised to love her til death…he had to forget it all, but that was easier said than done.

As for forgetting Little Mo, that was easier, there hadn’t been many memories with her, they hadn’t got married or even shared moments in bed just chatting. He had left his wedding ring back in Walford with Nana, it was better that he didn’t have any reminders, when he left he had taken nothing with him, not even a photo of him and his brother, there were too many bad memories. He had left Walford, and Walford had left him.

Kat had desperately wanted to move out of the Slater house but Big Mo wouldn’t let her, and Little Mo wasn’t allowed to leave either. They were hardly ever in the house at the same time, Kat would stay out most nights and stagger back in the early hours of the morning and Little Mo would leave before Kat was up. After everything they had been through together it was odd to think that they never wanted to speak again.

Big Mo would watch the comings and goings in the house; she couldn’t believe that one man had ruined a whole family, a family unit that they had worked so hard to preserve over the years. Big Mo sat there, sipping her drink, wondering what she could to make it all better, but the truth was there was no way of making this better. She had been trying ever since Alfie had left and nothing had worked, she knew that Kat would never ever forgive her sister for what she had done, there was no hope.

The Slater family had fallen, Zoe and Lynne had gone, now Little Mo and Kat were at war, shaking her head Big Mo wiped away her tears ‘Viv…I wish you were here…’ she knew that the girls would listen to their mother, but she wasn’t there anymore, there was no one that could help sort out their mangled wreck.

Amber
21-08-2005, 14:13
Nobody Said It Was Easy
‘Thank you darling, have a nice day!’ Kat smiled as another satisfied customer walked away, she had kept Zoë’s stall going, it was the only thing that made her get up in the morning. Leaning against the rails she looked up at the Vic, a little smirk crossed her face as she thought of her wedding day, how there had been snow where she was standing at that moment in time. Everyone had been so happy that day, even her.

As Little Mo hovered past Kat’s face dropped as the reality hit home, she felt her stomach churn ‘roll up roll up…we’ve got some really CHEAP things on here today…’ Kat shouted across the square, Little Mo knew exactly what she meant by that but carried on walking. Kat watched as she entered the Minute Mart, looking around at the quiet market place she paced over to the shop.

‘Morning Patrick, got any change?’ upon hearing Kat’s voice, Little Mo froze, turning slowly she hung her head as she made her way to the counter. ‘Is it me, or is there a funny smell around here?’ Kat spat her words out at her sister standing next to her, Patrick sighed as he handed her the change ‘now ladies, we don’t want any trouble…’ Kat let out a snigger.

‘Trouble? Well she should have thought about that before sleeping with my husband!’ the whole square already knew what had happened between the three of them and were used to Kat shouting her mouth off about it. Little Mo kept her head down and continued to rummage around in her purse for some money.

‘What are you buying Mo? Something for a quiet night in cus lets face it that’s all you’re ever going to get anymore!’ still there was no reply, Kat could feel herself winding up inside, like a coiled spring ready to explode.

‘Are you deaf as well as stupid?!’ screaming at her sister Kat grabbed her purse from the clutch of Little Mo and threw it across the shop. ‘Kat…I only came in for some milk…please cant you just leave it for once?’ raising her eyebrows, Little Mo slowly looked up at Kat.

‘Leave it…like you should have left Alfie alone! I don’t think so Mo…you’re going to pay for this…forever!’ Little Mo cowered helplessly ‘he didn’t want me to leave him alone…it wasn’t all one sided Kat, what ever you might think!’ slightly taken back by her reply Kat held onto the counter, the tears pricking at her eyes.

‘You see that’s where you’re wrong! He loved me…not you! He could never love anyone the way he loved me…he was my man on the moon…and you took that away from me…you took my Alfie away….’she placed her hand over her mouth, stopping herself from saying anymore in public. Taking a deep breathe she glared a cold and sinister stare at her sister.

Storming out of the shop Kat leant against the wall outside, taking in as much air as possible. Meanwhile Little Mo gathered all the change she could see on the floor and placed it back inside her purse. ‘Sorry…’ she muttered to Patrick before grabbing her milk and trotting outside. She didn’t notice Kat standing outside the door and continued to walk through the market towards the station.

Kat’s eyes followed her every move, without a second thought she took up hot pursuit of Little Mo, how could she say that Alfie loved her, that was a lie. As they both turned the corner Kat grabbed her sisters shoulder and span her round, knocking her against the wall.

Amber
21-08-2005, 14:17
Nobody Said It Was Easy
‘You listen to me and listen good, Alfie never loved you…do you understand?’ for the first time ever Little Mo saw a side to her sister that actually scared her, her eyes were glazed over with a red glow, the fire in her soul almost seeping out. Instead of replying Little Mo tried to get away but Kat kept a firm grip on her arm, squeezing tighter and tighter.

‘Kat…let go you’re hurting me!’ ignoring her sisters whining Kat pushed her back against the wall ‘I said do you understand? He was my husband, he married me…he wanted me…’ it was almost as if she was convincing herself as well, the one thing she had noticed was that everything she said was in the past tense, none of it was now, he didn’t want her now…

‘Alfie made his own decision, you can’t control his feelings Kat…’ blocking out all the feelings inside Kat released her grip a little ‘yeah but he left you too didn’t he, you know why? Because he didn’t love you enough to stay!’ a smirk crossed her face knowing that Alfie could never love someone the way he had loved her, their chats when it was just the two of them, the things he had said to her, that was something no one could ever take away.

‘Yeah but he didn’t love you enough to stay either Kat, the way you go on…how Alfie loved you…he didn’t love either of us enough to stay, there was no difference in the love he had for us!’ Kat rolled her eyes before pulling away from her sister; she didn’t want to be anywhere near her.

‘What was it? Were you jealous from the start that Alfie wanted me? Billy not giving you enough?’ she raised her eyebrows waiting for a response but got nothing ‘what was all that rubbish at my wedding to Andy then? Trying to get Alfie to stop it…you shouldn’t have bothered, that way you could have had Alfie all to yourself!’

She saw how her sister gulped hard before shaking her head ‘no…it was different back then, I didn’t have any feelings for him…I didn’t love him, not then anyway…’ before she could finish the sentence Kat snapped back a her ‘Mo shut up!! Don’t you dare stand there and tell me you love my husband!’ Little Mo observed her sister suddenly switch into some possessed soul, desperately searching for her keeper, and she knew that she was the one who had destroyed her.

‘I don’t want to talk about it anymore…he’s gone Kat and there is nothing either of us can do!’ Kat shook her head ‘that’s your fault; he went because you told me about you and him! Why did you do it Mo? Why? Don’t you think I’ve been through enough? Or was it because you’ve been raped twice, wanted to make it level pegging between us…trying to destroy the only bit of happiness I had left….do you find it funny to hurt me? To see me like this…’

As the tears fell down her cheeks Little Mo shook her head again ‘Kat, I never meant to hurt you and I never wanted it to end like this…’ yet again Kat butted in before her sister could finish ‘don’t give me that crap, you knew how it would end the moment you…the moment you’ she stuttered on her words, feeling physically sick she pushed her words out ‘…the moment you went with Alfie…’

Little Mo stepped away now that she was free; she looked up at her sister, a broken woman. ‘No, I never thought it would end this way because I never knew how strong our feelings would get…this isn’t my entire fault Kat…’ with that she faded off and rushed across the road, suddenly Kat blinked, the words echoing in her mind, strong feelings…the anger bubbled inside of her as she noticed her sister had gone from in front of her.

Her head shot across the road, she saw Little Mo rushing along, without thinking about anything else Kat knew she wanted to sort this out once and for all, she needed to hear Little Mo say that Alfie never loved her…the knife twisted every time she thought about it.

Amber
21-08-2005, 14:19
Nobody Said It Was Easy
As Kat stepped out into the road it was as if everything was in slow motion, she shouted her sisters name, trying to make her stop, at first there was no response so she shouted again, this time louder. As Little Mo stopped and turned to see her sister in the middle of the road she let out a sigh ‘tell me Alfie never loved you!’ desperation in her voice, her heart breaking as she screamed the words.

Before Little Mo said anything she heard a noise, unsure what it was she turned her head away from Kat. Her heart dropped as she saw a bus heading at speed towards Kat, what could she do to stop it?

Kat swivelled on her heels and followed her sisters stare, but it was too late, the bus driver slammed his foot on the brake as he sounded his horn. ‘KAT!’ She just stood there, unable to move as if she was glued to the spot, they say that your life flashes before your eyes before you die, Kat could see Harry, Zoe…Alfie…

Then as if someone had hit the fast forward button the bus smashed into her, the tyres screeching as the driver held down the brake and pulled up the handbrake. It was all too late, as he came to a holt Little Mo let go of the milk, it fell to the floor and burst open. Her mouth hung wide as she slowly stepped past the bus.

Her heart stopped, her breath caught in her throat, her legs wobbled and her feet turned to stone as she saw her sister lying in the middle of the road, her arms and legs sprawled out in random directions. ‘Oh god…no…’ she shook her head rapidly; all this had been because of Alfie, why hadn’t she just said that he never loved her?

‘Kat…’ Mo’s face was quiet and timid as the bus driver rushed over ‘Oh my god…oh no…please say she’s alive!’ he dialled 999, all Little Mo could hear was rambling by her ears, a crowd was gathering but she found herself being totally useless to the situation.

‘An ambulance is on the way…’ the man placed his arm around Little Mo as she started to shake, she just stared directly at Kat, someone who had been shouting and crying a few moments ago was now lying still. Hearing the familiar voice of Big Mo, Little Mo felt her body jump.

‘Oh god! Kat!’ Big Mo rushed over and knelt down next to her ‘Kat…please darling, talk to me…’ as she scanned the crowds her face dropped when she met Little Mo ‘what happened?’ she snarled at her.

‘I…she…’ biting her lip she hung her head ‘for god sakes Mo, tell me what happened!’ still there was no reply; she didn’t know where to start. ‘She was just in the middle of the road…I couldn’t stop the bus in time…I’m so sorry’ the driver covered his mouth with his hand as tears fell from Big Mo’s eyes.

‘Why was she in the middle of the road? Surely she would have seen you coming…’ shaking her head she looked back down at her granddaughter, blood was slowly seeping out, making a circle around her body. ‘Kat…please don’t leave us…Kat…’ as she muttered to Kat the ambulance screeched around the corner.

‘Please save her, don’t let her die!’ Big Mo clung to one of the paramedics as they came over ‘we’ll do the best we can…what’s her name?’ glaring at Little Mo she raised her voice ‘Kat…Kathleen Moon’ no matter what happened, she was still Alfie’s wife and that was something Little Mo could never compete with.

Everyone watched from a distance as they rolled Kat onto a stretcher, placing wires and equipment all over her, a mask over her face, a neck brace, strapping her down they rushed over to the ambulance. ‘I’m afraid no one can come in the ambulance, we’ll need all the room to keep Kathleen alive until we get her to hospital…’ as the words ran through Big Mo’s mind she watched as the ambulance sped off, keep her alive? Surely she wasn’t going to die was she?

--

More?

crazy_purple
21-08-2005, 21:35
Yes pleeease do some more soon it's making me :crying: it's brilliant!

hayley
21-08-2005, 22:02
That was really good!
I bet it must have taken ages to write! I took me a while to read it and im a quick reader!!

Chloe-Elise
21-08-2005, 22:13
That was brilliant!! You are a really good writer please do some more soon :)

hayley
22-08-2005, 20:30
please finish it- i want to know if kat dies!

*kalfie*moon*
24-08-2005, 23:23
its really good...you have to do more! :) i want to no what happens!

Jessie Wallace
27-08-2005, 02:36
Wow, that was really good, well done.

Amber
29-08-2005, 18:07
Thanks for the replies. Hope you're enjoying this :)

--

Nobody Said It was Easy

‘What happened Mo? You better start talking now!’ Big Mo grabbed her arm and pulled her through the square back to the house. ‘I…we were talking…arguing…’ before she had even finished the sentence she knew exactly what it was all about. ‘You you’re telling me Kat is in hospital…fighting for her life because you were arguing over Alfie!?’

‘But…I crossed the road and I didn’t think she was going to follow me…I was rushing off cus I thought she was going to hit me…and I didn’t know what to do, she called my name and then I turned round and she said….she said…’ as her rambling ended she relived the moment in her mind over and over.

‘She said what? Spit it out girl!’ shaking she looked up ‘she said…I had to tell her that Alfie never loved me…but I didn’t…because he did love me Nan...and then the bus hit her…’ Big Mo felt her heart sink as she listened carefully to the story.

Without replying she rushed out the room, grabbing her coat and mobile ‘where are you going? Aren’t you going to say anything?’ she stared at Little Mo, a feeble excuse of a granddaughter. ‘I am going to ring your father and tell him his daughter is in hospital…I suggest you stay out of my way and don’t even think of coming to the hospital or they’ll need a spare bed for you!!’

As the door slammed shut Little Mo fell onto the chair behind her, none of it had sunk in yet. Her own sister might die and she hadn’t stopped it, shaking she got up and rushed out the house. She didn’t know where to go, there was no one to talk to anymore. Instead of walking towards the square she walked away from it, down the dark alley ways and places that no one would ever find her.

‘Kathleen Moon, can you tell me what ward she is in?’ Big Mo and Charlie stood at the reception desperately hoping there was no bad news. ‘Um…I’m afraid you won’t be able to see her at the moment…if you would like to wait for Dr Rogers he will fill you in’

‘Fill me in!! Look here, my granddaughter might be dead and you tell me to sit and wait for some poncy doctor!’ Charlie tried to calm Mo down as all eyes turned to them. ‘He will be here right away…’ the receptionist signalled them over to a tall man heading their way.

‘You’re here for Kathleen Moon…I suggest you come with me’ they could tell by the look on his face that it wasn’t good. Following him slowly Big Mo gripped onto Charlie’s hand. As they entered a small room the Doctor turned to face them ‘I’m not going to beat around the bush…Kathleen is very badly injured…she isn’t stable yet, when she came in she arrested but we did all we could to bring her back. At the moment she is being helped out by the machines, you must understand that she is in a critical situation…the next 48 hours will be crucial’

Big Mo sat there in complete shock ‘but…it was only a bus…’ the doctor shook his head ‘it was travelling at some speed…and you must see that it depends where it hits you, sadly Kathleen was dragged under the bus…’ he could see by the pain on their faces that he didn’t need to finish the sentence.

‘Can we see her?’ Charlie’s voice was almost silent ‘not at the moment I’m afraid…if you’d like to wait we’ll let you know as soon as you can…’ they both nodded as he walked them out of the room, hearing a beeping they both stared at him ‘sorry, I’ve got to go, another case has just been brought in…’ with that he rushed off.

‘I cant believe it Charlie, one of our girls…’ the tears fell rapidly as she held onto him, as their world was falling apart they looked to their right as the doctor came rushing back down the hall way ‘single stab wound…found in the park…’ picking up on a few words they watched as another bed was pushed down towards them.

As the bed came closer, their faces fell, it was Little Mo. ‘Oh god…Mo!’ the doctor looked up at them ‘you know her?’ they both nodded ‘that’s Kat’s sister!’ they shouted to him as the bed disappeared through double doors.

Not one but two of their girls, but why had she been in the park? Who would have stabbed her?

Amber
29-08-2005, 18:16
Nobody Said It Was Easy
‘You are able to see Mo now…she’s been stabilised and everything seems fine…’ hours had gone by and Charlie rushed down the corridor to see her ‘what about Kat?’ Big Mo held back and looked up at the doctor. ‘You can see her now…but it will be worse than it looks…’ she nodded solemnly.

‘Mo…are you ok? What happened?’ Charlie sat beside her and gripped her hand ‘dad…I was walking…and someone attacked me…they wanted money but I didn’t have any…’ as she spoke she clutched her side, the pain on her face present.

‘I’m so glad you’re ok…I can’t believe two of you are in here!’ Little Mo looked away ‘I was walking…thinking about what Kat and I had argued about…and that she might die….’ Trying to hold back the tears Charlie comforted her ‘its ok darling…they said Kat arrested when they brought her in…’ Little Mo turned her head quickly ‘she’s ok though…she’s stable now…’

A small smile crossed her face, but she didn’t know that 48 hours were the difference between life and death for Kat. ‘We need to get you better too…is there anything I can get you?’ she shook her head, before closing her eyes.

Big Mo stood at the door for a few moments, unsure about what to do, she could see Kat, wires going in and out, machines at either side of her. Slowly the door creaked open ‘Kat…what have you done…’ her granddaughter was almost unrecognisable.

‘Kat…its Nan…’ she fell silent, it was impossible to talk to Kat and never get a reply, you usually had to try and get a word in edge ways, but now there was no reply at all, she could say anything she wanted and yet words failed her.

She looked up as the door opened ‘I see you decided to see Kat then…Mo ok?’ she muttered to Charlie ‘yeah…in pain but she’ll survive…’ he gulped hard as he saw Kat lying there helpless. 'I can’t believe all this is over Alfie; if I ever see him again…I’ll kill him!’ Big Mo raised her voice slightly.

‘He’ll never know about this…you’ll never see him again…’ Charlie muttered ‘we should never have let him do this to our girls…he’s ruined this whole family!’ wiping the tears away they both stared down at Kat.

‘Charlie…we cant stop everything…we didn’t know what Alfie would change like this, he promised to look after Kat and all he did was bring her more pain…’ Big Mo smiled slightly as she spotted her wedding ring still on her finger. ‘She loved him too much, that was her problem…’ she pointed to the ring.

‘Yeah, she loved him too much and he never loved her enough, not the way she should be loved…’ Charlie gripped her hand, it was cold and limp, just like her heart, there was nothing left anymore.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

‘I can’t believe what happened to Kat…wonder if Alfie wants to know?’ Danny leant against the bar as he chatted to Jake ‘I think Alfie would be the last person the Slater’s would want to see…’ Danny nodded ‘yeah, suppose…here Nana, what do you want?’ she looked up confused ‘what’s happened to Kat darling?’ Danny glared at Jake ‘umm, well she’s in hospital…’ he didn’t know how to put the rest. ‘Oh no, is she ok?’ Jake smiled ‘we don’t know yet…she was hit by a bus Nana…’ she gasped before holding onto Danny.

‘I’ve just had a phone call from Charlie…Little Mo’s in hospital too; apparently she was mugged and stabbed…’ Chrissie updated their conversation ‘both of them…wonder who’s bed side Alfie would be at right now?’ Danny raised his eyebrows as Jake hit him around the head. ‘Danny…not now…’ Nana looked up at Jake ‘but he’s right…who would he sit with, he doesn’t even know about it…maybe I should contact him…’

‘But we don’t know where he is…’ Nana smiled ‘Oh I think I do…take me home…’ Danny and Jake finished off their drinks before helping Nana back to the house.

Amber
29-08-2005, 18:22
Nobody Said It Was Easy
A week had gone by and Big Mo and Charlie had been in and out of hospital as much as possible, Charlie mostly stayed with Little Mo and Big Mo sat with Kat. She was awake now but she didn’t say much, she couldn’t remember much of the accident but sadly she could remember everything that had happened with Little Mo and Alfie.

‘Here we go, got you some magazines’ Big Mo grinned at Kat who just looked at her for a moment before turning away. She was trying to think of a way to get some conversation going but there was nothing to talk about anymore.

‘Kat, I know this might sound stupid but…I’m so glad you’re ok…we thought you were going to die…’ to her surprise she heard Kat’s voice for the first time in days; it was still quiet and morbid.

‘Shame really…I wish it had killed me…there’s nothing left to live for anymore…’ Big Mo was shocked at Kat’s new attitude to life, she had seemed ok when Alfie first left but this seemed to have changed her mind on things.

‘Don’t speak like that; you have everything to live for!’ wishing she had never said that Big Mo looked away awkwardly ‘oh really and what’s that? A daughter…no she went away and left me here….A husband? No he slept with my sister and then up and left too! So you tell me Nan, what do I have to live for?’

‘Me…your dad…’ Kat shook her head slowly as the tears pricked at her eyes ‘sometimes…that’s not enough to live for’ gulping hard she looked away, Big Mo knew it was time to leave her alone, getting up she walked out the door and watched from the window.

‘She ok?’ hearing Charlie’s voice made her jump ‘no…she wanted to die Charlie and that’s all because of Alfie and Little Mo…after everything she’s been through…she just wants to give up!’ as her voice faltered through the tears she turned away from Charlie and looked back through the window at Kat.

Feeling eyes watching her Big Mo turned to the right, catching a glimpse of feet as they sped round the corner, frowning she ignored her thoughts. ‘I think we should go…’ walking off Charlie followed her down the corridors.

Arriving back at the square Big Mo stood at the door, scanning the square she sighed, everything had changed so much since they had arrived there. Noticing someone standing outside the Moon’s house she did a double take, it couldn’t be him after all this time?

‘I’m sure Kat will be fine…’ as Charlie turned to talk to Big Mo he noticed her rushing across the square, frowning he followed her. As Big Mo got closer to the Moon’s house Charlie saw exactly who she saw standing at the door.

--

More soon.

Chloe-Elise
29-08-2005, 19:13
Its brillliant :D please let it be Aflie at the door

hayley
29-08-2005, 22:23
this is really good i hope its alfie! carry on!

*kalfie*moon*
29-08-2005, 22:33
plz do more soon!..hope its Alfie

Tamzi
30-08-2005, 10:04
This is fab, be interesting if its Alfie at the door. Can't wait for more and its nice to have you back. Hope you had a good holiday
xxx

Amber
31-08-2005, 22:01
Thanks for the replies again :)
I've written tons more parts (I posted this on another board first. It's on it's 25th page and the pages are longer on the other message board) and that's the reason why I'm posting them a couple at a time.

Nobody Said It Was Easy
‘What the hell are you doing here?!’ completely startled Alfie swung round and was face to face with Big Mo ‘you better not be staying or I’ll kill you!!’ she screamed at him before slapping him sharply around the face. Falling against the door he held his face ‘look I don’t blame you for doing that…but’ before he could get his words out the front door opened and Nana stood there.

‘Oh Alfie, you came back, I didn’t think you got my message!’ she smiled ‘you sent him a message, about what?’ Big Mo shouted ‘about Kat darling…and Little Mo…I thought he needed to know…’

‘Why does he deserve to know? He broke Kat’s heart, he left her for Little Mo and you think he needs to know that she was fighting for her life! I think you should get back on the train and go back to what ever rock you crawled under! Don’t you dare go near my girls ever again!’

‘But Alfie came back…that means he wanted to see they were ok, doesn’t it?’ Nana gestured towards him ‘yeah…’ he nodded slowly ‘I don’t care what he does or doesn’t do anymore, all I want you to do is stay away from that hospital! Mo will be out soon and you are definitely not welcome in our house, as for Kat…she wont be out for a while yet no thanks to you!’

She could see the concern on his face over Kat but she didn’t care if he was bothered, he never seemed to care back then so why should he now?

‘I just wanted to know they were ok…that’s all, I wont go to the hospital don’t worry but I don’t see how this has anything to do with me!’ Big Mo shook her head ‘who do you think you are coming back here, making sure your GIRLS are ok? Get over yourself Alfie…what do you think its got to do with you? They were arguing over you!’

His mouth dropped slightly before holding onto the wall ‘yeah, they were arguing about you…like they have done since you left and Kat was in the road…and…’ unable to say the rest she shook her head and leant against Charlie who continued ‘the bus hit her Alfie…then Little Mo was mugged and stabbed…you’ve ruined my family Alfie and I’ll never forgive you for that…’

He couldn’t believe what he was hearing; the words swirled around in his head, this was all because of him. It was like some sort of soap opera, being hit by a bus was a phrase everyone used to use but it had actually happened to Kat, his wife.

‘I hope you’re proud of yourself Alfie! Do you know what it was like to see Kat…lying in the middle of the road, with her own blood around her…not moving…not saying a word…I thought she was dead Alfie!! I bet you would have liked that, then you wouldn’t have to decide between them would you?’

He felt physically sick, just the images in his head of Kat…blood… ‘don’t you say that to me, just because I left doesn’t mean I wished she was dead! No matter what you might think about me…I still have feelings for Kat…I still care for her!’

‘She doesn’t need your care Alfie…she doesn’t need you!’ with that she moved away from Charlie and rushed off back to the house, Alfie went to say something but Charlie held his hand up and shook his head before going to find Big Mo.

Amber
31-08-2005, 22:08
Nobody Said it Was Easy
‘So when are you going to the hospital Alfie?’ Nana patted his shoulder ‘you heard what Big Mo said, I can’t…it would make things worse…anyway Mo will be out soon, maybe I can see her that way…’

‘What about Kat darling?’ he saw the frown on her face ‘what about her? I left her Nana; you have to remember that…’

‘But Alfie, you loved her…I know how much you loved her, you can’t just stop loving someone like that…’ she was right; he knew he still had some feelings for her deep down but it wasn’t anything like they once were. He would have done anything for her; he would have died to save her.

‘They’ve changed though, people change all the time and that’s what happened with me and Kat, we had something really special and…well it doesn’t matter anymore, I didn’t come back here to think about what could have been, I just wanted to check they were ok, now I know…I can go again’

‘Don’t be so silly, I didn’t get you all the way back here just to talk to me and have a cup of tea then leave!’ slightly shocked by his Nana’s attitude he gulped his tea down.

‘I can’t go to the hospital…what would I say to Kat? I would just make things worse and if she is fighting for her life as Big Mo said then seeing me might make her give up!’ a smile crossed Nana’s face ‘no darling…seeing you would save her…’

Was she right? What if she really wanted to see him but he thought she didn’t. ‘No…she doesn’t want to see me…why would she? I broke her heart…I know she’d give up…I heard Big Mo…’

‘Heard her say what darling?’ looking across the room he shook his head ‘she said…that Kat wanted to die…’

‘I didn’t hear her say that darling, although she was shouting so I might have missed some bits…’ Alfie shook his head before standing up sharply.

‘Not outside, at the hospital! I already went…I was walking down the corridor when I heard Big Mo…and she said…that Kat wanted to die because of me…because of what I did to her…’ holding the tears back he looked round at his Nana ‘going to see her would finish her off…because I have nothing left to say to her…’

‘You don’t have to say anything to her Alfie, just being there…that would help…’ he shook his head before she could finish her sentence.

‘No Nana…it wouldn’t help, why don’t you understand….there was a time I’d die to save her…but now…I’d end up killing her!’ The truth broke his heart, once his love would have cured anything, now it would be the death of her

Amber
31-08-2005, 22:13
Nobody Said It Was Easy
As the day went by Alfie tried to keep away from the Slater’s as much as possible, he was trying to find a reason to leave but Nana wouldn’t let him go. He had seen Little Mo walking around the square with Charlie but he hadn’t been able to talk to her yet, he wanted to and he was determine he would.

Leaving the Vic he walked quickly to catch up with Little Mo who had left just a few moments earlier. ‘Mo…’ she stopped immediately and turned around to see Alfie ‘Alfie…I didn’t know you were back…’

‘Yeah, I came back a few days ago, I heard what happened to you and Kat and I wanted to make sure you were ok…’ a smile crossed her face; he really did care about her.

‘I’m ok now…not too sure about Kat though, she…’ biting her lip she looked down at the floor remembering their argument as the bus hit her.

‘What’s the matter?’ he frowned as the tears started to fall down her cheeks ‘nothing…I shouldn’t be talking to you…not after what happened, its all our fault that Kat nearly died…’ as she turned to walk off Alfie ran in front of her.

‘Why is it our fault, she might have been hit by a bus even if we weren’t together!’ she shook her head rapidly ‘no you don’t get it do you! We were arguing about you…I told her that you loved me the way you loved her...she wouldn’t leave me alone, she was so angry…’

Alfie’s frown turned to sorrow as she continued ‘she wanted to me say…that you never loved me…she didn’t believe me…she said that you could never love anyone else the way you loved her…but that’s not true is it Alfie, cus you loved me!’

She waited for a reply but got nothing, he was too busy thinking about how their argument had panned out ‘she didn’t believe me Alfie…so I ran away, I ran across the road because I know deep down you love me…so I ran and she came after me but she didn’t look…and was screaming at me…telling me that you never loved me…and then…then it hit her!’

She took deep breathes as her breathing became erratic ‘it hit her…like she was a rag doll, the way he body crumpled to the ground…and the bus went over her, it ran her over like she was a bit of rubbish in the road…she just lay there…’

She couldn’t take it anymore, covering her mouth with her hand she pushed past Alfie and ran back home. He stood there completely motionless, how could he have let it all happen, he was trying to take in everything she had just said about loving her and Kat screaming when the bus hit her.

‘You best not have upset her!’ Big Mo paced over after watching the whole conversation ‘no…’ he muttered, his voice hardly recognisable.

‘What’s the matter? Feel ashamed? You should…you’re scum Alfie…did you enjoy that, hearing how she nearly died because of you!’ she watched as he shook his head, his eyes glistening and he tried to hold back the tears.

‘I told you to keep away from them…now you know what happened…stay away!’ pushing him out the way he heard the door slam on the Slater house. He stood there in the middle of the square all alone, with no one to talk to and no where to go, this was his own doing, the darkness surrounded him as he rubbed his head manically.

--

More soon :)

hayley
31-08-2005, 22:15
This is getting really good! MORE MORE MORE!! (now please! lol!)

Amber
31-08-2005, 22:23
Hmmmm. I could post the next part but I dunno about it :hmm:

hayley
31-08-2005, 23:05
pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease!! (sorry that i took so long to reply i just had a shower lol!)

Tamzi
31-08-2005, 23:09
Oh going post the next part. Its all Alfie's fault! More please
xxx

Amber
01-09-2005, 12:39
Ok, here's the next part. Hope you're still enjoying it :)

--

Nobody Said it Was Easy
Alfie sat on the bench for a few moments before realising it was all so simple, he could go and see Kat now, there was something inside him that wouldn’t rest until he had seen her.

Flagging down a taxi he jumped in, as the hum of the engine rang in his head all he could think about was Kat.

As he walked through the corridors he remembered the room she had been in, turning a corner he bumped straight into a nurse. ‘Sorry, visiting time was some while back…’ she gestured him to leave.

‘But…I need to see her…’ the nurse shook her head and again pointed to the door, sighing Alfie started to walk away, once out of sight of the nurse he jumped into the toilets and watched as she walked past.

Creeping out he smiled and begin to walk back towards Kat’s room ‘I said the visiting hours were over!’ he jumped as he heard a voice behind him…

‘Please, you don’t understand, I’m leaving tomorrow and I need to see my wife before I go…’ the nurse could see the desperation in his eyes ‘I am very sorry but its policy…’

‘I don’t care if its policy, you don’t know what I’ve been through…I need to talk to her…’ the nurse frowned ‘who is she?’

‘Kathleen Moon…’ he saw how the nurse smiled ‘oh yes, she’s a lovely lady…I don’t think she would be up to talking though…she hasn’t been too well these past few days’

He grinned when the nurse commented on his wife but then he felt his heart sink as the sentence finished ‘is she going to be ok?’ he saw how the nurse looked around ‘I’m not sure Mr Moon…patient confidentiality I’m afraid…’

‘But she’s my wife…I need to know…I need to see her…just once…’ holding back the tears that were pricking at his eyes. After a few moments the nurse smiled before leading him to the room again.

‘As you can see…she’s not in her best condition, be gentle with her…’ he frowned slightly as the nurse was almost warning him ‘well…she said that you were her ex husband so I presume things didn’t end on a good note…’ seeing how his face dropped she opened the door for him and left him to it.

She had even told the nurses about him, feeling stupid and pathetic he looked over, the imagine immediately haunting him. His heart stopped, his mouth dried out and his legs started to shake. Kat lay there, all he could see was wires and hear the drone of the machines around her.

‘Kat…’ he couldn’t manage to say anything else, he turned quickly as the nurse started to walk away ‘can she hear me?’ the nurse stopped in her tracks and turned to face him.

‘I don’t know…she has been talking but as I said the last few days have been down hill and she hasn’t spoken for over 24 hours now…’ he nodded solemnly as the nurse walked away and out of sight.

Alfie crept into the room so he wouldn’t wake her, he didn’t even know if she could wake up. He sat down on the chair next to the bed, staring at his wife he smiled at how beautiful she was still.

‘Kat…its Alfie, I know if you were awake right now you’d probably hit me…so it’s a good job you’re asleep really’ he laughed to himself but it soon faded when he realised how strange it was not getting any reply what so ever.

‘I…I heard how it happened…its like that saying, you wait for a bus and then two come along at once…’ he started to laugh but he couldn’t do it anymore, his laughter soon turned into tears.

‘Kat please…you have to pull through, you can’t leave…not now…you’ve been through to much to let this…to let this…k...kill you’ he shook his head as he finished his sentence.

‘So how have you been lately?’ he sighed at his pathetic attempt, holding his head in his hands he knew it was all too hard for him. No one ever said it would be easy but then again no one had ever said it would be this hard.
--

I'll post more as soon as I can but I can't now because my mum is making my tidy my room and it looks like a bomb went off in it so I will be a while!

Tamzi
01-09-2005, 14:45
Amber- I had to tidy mine yesterday it was so messy. I had left clothes everywhere from my holiday and everything else I took with me to cornwall. Its clean now though!

Poor Alfie he does love Kat. Can't wait for more
xxx

hayley
01-09-2005, 15:24
i really hope she does pull through- you can see alfie still loves her!

Amber
01-09-2005, 19:33
Nobody Said It Was Easy
He sat there in silence for what seemed like eternity, taking a deep breath he looked around the room. ‘It’s not really your kind of room is it? Needs the Kat Slater touch…’ he stopped in mid sentence, why had he used Slater instead of Moon?

‘Don’t think I’ve missed much since I’ve been away…not much has changed…but I missed you…and Little Mo…’ he bit his lip before hanging his head in shame, how could he sit there and say that even if she was asleep.

He kept his head down, shaking it slowly and rubbing his forehead, why was he so confused inside? It was clear that he still had feelings for Kat but did he still feel anything for Little Mo and if so what was it?

‘I see you haven’t changed…’ for a moment Alfie stared at the floor before trying to figure out if that was actually Kat or whether he had imagined her voice. He slowly lifted his head and looked across at his wife. The voice had been so quiet, so morbid.

‘Kat…I…I didn’t think you could hear me…’ he gulped knowing that she had heard the last sentence, but had she heard anything else?

‘Well…I could…you were right…’ he could see she was finding it hard to speak ‘right about what?’ he almost whispered his words so he didn’t scare her.

‘That I would hit you…if I wasn’t in here…but why do you want me to pull through?’ she let out a throat wrenching cough, before moaning and shuffling in her bed. ‘Everyone wants you to pull through Kat…’ she rolled her eyes at his idiotic reply.

Letting out a little giggle Alfie frowned ‘what’s so funny?’ he leant forward on his chair ‘you…always went round the houses…never could say…what you really felt…’ letting out another cough she closed her eyes to try and sooth her throat.

‘Kat, I can’t believe you are still trying to pick a fight when you’re in this state…’ he shook his head at her ‘in this state…that you put me in’ he could see she was getting worked up which wasn’t a good idea.

‘Please, I know what happened, everyone’s told me how its my fault and I don’t really need you saying it either…what can I say? Sorry…but that doesn’t change anything does it?’ Kat shook her head before looking away.

There was more silence before Kat spoke again ‘so you missed Mo did you?’ although her voice was barely audible ‘yeah…but I missed you too…’ she could tell by the tone of his voice he found it hard to say, it was all a lie.

‘Don’t pretend Alfie…we’ve gone past that…’ taking a deep breath she continued ‘I didn’t miss you…it was nice to have some space…not seeing you with my sister…I wanted to kill you…or maybe it would have been…easier for all of us…if I had died…looks like I might…get my wish…’

Alfie stood up quickly as Kat faded away ‘how can you say that? Big Mo told me you’d said that…well she didn’t tell me…I over heard, but how can you say that to me, I’m your husband!’

‘Funny way of showing it…what do you mean, you over heard…were you here?’ he turned away from her and didn’t reply ‘turning your back on me…again…’ letting out another cough she watched as Alfie turned to face her again.

‘No…well I was here, but I didn’t come in the room, I just stood in the corridor but heard…heard Big Mo say you wished you’d have died when the bus hit you…because of what I did to you…so I left…’ he swallowed trying to get rid of his dry mouth.

‘Yeah…that’s true…why did you leave? Couldn’t handle…the truth…then again you always were…a liar’ he hated listening to Kat, it was as if she couldn’t speak, having difficulty breathing, this wasn’t the Kat he was used to although she still put up a good fight.

‘For once Kat cant you just shut up, I’m here because I care and wanted to see you…all you can do is have a go at me!’ she shouted at her, taken by surprise she felt her heart miss a beat.

‘What did you expect…opened arms embrace?’ she raised her eyebrows, once again shuffling in the bed. ‘Well, would have been a nice change instead of always arguing…’ she laughed manically ‘you started this Alfie…by sleeping with my sister…’ coughing again, this time it was deeper, stronger she reached for her oxygen mask

Amber
01-09-2005, 19:36
Nobody Said It Was Easy
Ignoring her previous comment he walked over to the bed and pushed the mask towards her hand, for a moment she stared at him, seeing the care in his eyes. Taking it she placed it over her mouth, slowly, moaning as the pain shot through her arms and chest.

‘Did you…want something?’ Kat pulled the mask down while she spoke; placing it back over her mouth she waited for his response. ‘Do you want the nurse? She’s just down the corridor?’ she shook her head.

‘No…answer the question…I see you know where the nurse is…got to know her too have we?’ he shook his head ‘Kat you know I’m not like that, I wouldn’t just go with anyone, she let me in here!’

‘Oh I forgot…she isn’t family is she...Why did you do it Alfie? Why…do it to me?’ as she started to find it harder to breath she fought back the tears. She let the oxygen cleanse her evil thoughts, seeing Alfie with her sister still swirled around in her head.

‘I never meant to hurt you…’ he was too concerned seeing Kat’s situation to answer the questions she was throwing at him but she kept at him. ‘Why Alfie….you did hurt me…you destroyed me…you killed me…’ he saw the tears escaped her eyes, stepping forward to help she held her shaky hand up.

‘Keep away from me…you’ve done enough…’ she turned her head the other way, holding the mask firmly in place. ‘Kat, why can’t you just let me help you…’ she shook her head ‘you can’t help me…I didn’t even think I’d see you again…’

He knew the feeling; he didn’t think he would ever come back to Walford, not least to see Kat in hospital. ‘I take it, you’ve seen Mo…considering she’s out of this…hell hole…’ Alfie walked round the other side of the bed so he could see her face, tear stained and red with anger.

‘Yes…I saw her but Big Mo and Charlie made sure I didn’t speak to her for long…’ he noticed a smirk on Kat’s face ‘oh dear…not get your special few moments with her…’ although she loved winding him up the words she spoke ripped her heart in two.

‘No…I just wanted to make sure she was ok…I still care about her…like I care about you…’ he noticed how she looked up at him, a glimmer of hope in her eyes.

‘Well I’m fine…I don’t need you to worry…go and spend your time with Mo…’ as her voice faltered she put her mask back on ‘I’m going…I don’t have any more time…’ he bit his lip and waited for her response.

‘Like I said, you haven’t changed…running away again…then again you have nothing to stay for…apart from Mo…’ he repeated what she had said in his head, thinking she had said me and not Mo, smiling to himself he sat back on the chair.

‘I want you to go…now…and don’t come back…’ slightly confused by her outburst he leant forward. ‘No…I don’t want to…’

‘But there is nothing to say…not anymore Alfie…please…just go…leave me…alone, leave me…like you did before…leave me alone…forever!’ she raised her voice slightly but as she did she felt her chest tighten, clutching at the mask she held onto the side of the bed. Alfie watched in horror as Kat rolled around on the bed grabbing at her chest.

Snapping back to reality he rushed out the door and down the corridor ‘Nurse, quickly!!!’ hearing the desperation in his voice she rushed towards Kat’s room followed by more nurses and doctors.

‘Kathleen…its ok…’ they tried to calm her as she screamed in agony ‘what’s happening to her!?’ for the first time ever Alfie knew exactly what it was like to feel like he was losing someone he loved. It felt like a part of him was dying to, like his heart was being ripped out.

‘Mr Moon can you please keep back!’ the nurse pushed him towards the doors, he stood still and everything seemed to slow down, he watched as everyone hovered around Kat, like bees to a honey pot. People shouting things he didn’t understand until the all too familiar words rang out.

‘We’re losing her, come on!’ everyone seemed to go twice as fast now, they were losing her, what did that mean, that she was dying? Her last words to him rang in his head ‘leave me alone…forever!’

Amber
01-09-2005, 19:39
Nobody Said It Was Easy
‘Mr Moon please, can you leave the room!’ the nurse shouted to him, as he was pushed backwards through the door it slammed shut in front of him, he looked through the little window as more nurses pushed past him by the minute.

He could see Kat’s arm hanging over the side of the bed, why wasn’t she moving, they couldn’t let her die, not while he was there, not after that conversation they’d just had. He couldn’t look, it was killing him.

As one of the nurses walked out Alfie grabbed her ‘what’s happening, is she ok?’ he waited for a reply but saw the look in her eyes ‘we are doing all we can…please…’ moving past him Alfie stared down at the floor. He’d heard it all before in movies but now it was actually happening to him he didn’t know what to do.

Opening the door he crept in, standing at the side of the room watching, as if he was invisible. There was nothing he could do to help; in fact he had made things worse just like he told Nana he would.

He continued to stare at Kat as they placed the pads on her body, firing up the machine next to her they shouted various things out before Kat’s body was jolted in the air. ‘Still nothing…’ the doctor shook his head as the nurse fiddled with the machine.

Again he watched as Kat’s limp body shook violently, she was actually leaving him and there was absolutely nothing he could do. She wasn’t fighting anymore, she had nothing to fight for.

He didn’t realise but he wouldn’t be able to live without her, leaving Walford was different, he knew that if he came back she would be around, but this, this meant she would never be there again. He wanted her to stay even if it was just to argue, if he never held her in his arms again it wouldn’t matter, all he wanted was for her to survive.

‘Still nothing! Come on Kathleen don’t leave us now!’ the doctor shouted as the nurses blocked Alfie’s view completely. ‘No…Kat!’ he rushed forward but was stopped by one of the male nurses.

‘Please Mr Moon! You aren’t helping!’ the words haunted him, he never helped her all he did was make it worse. ‘Kat…’ he muttered her name quietly as he saw everyone gathered around her.

A strange sort of jealously took over his body that everyone was looking at her and she wasn’t dressed properly, even though they had to do this to save her life he didn’t like them staring at his wife.

As her body jumped once again a sigh of relief escaped the doctor’s mouth ‘ok, we’ve got a pulse!’ Alfie felt the tears of joy fall down his cheeks, she hadn’t left him yet and he was determined she wasn’t going to either.

As some of the nurses left Alfie waited until the doctors seemed to have made sure Kat would make it through the rest of the night. ‘Can I stay?’ his face still stained by his tears, a desperation in his voice.

‘Are you family?’ he nodded ‘I’m her husband…’ a little smile crossed his face as he looked over at Kat. ‘Considering your wife has been through so much then yes…but you do realise Mr Moon that Kathleen is in a serious way…she might not make it…’

Alfie felt his whole world crash around him; his feelings were so raw at the moment he didn’t know what he was doing. ‘What you mean…that’s not the worst of it…she could…she could die?’

‘Yes…you must prepare for the worst Mr Moon, we can only bring her back so many times, this is the second one…so far so lucky…but who know how many more her body can take…her injuries are worse than we first thought…’

--

More soon :)

Chloe-Elise
01-09-2005, 20:13
Awwww its brilliant :cheer: you are a really good writer :D

*kalfie*moon*
01-09-2005, 21:40
this is so good!...you have to do more!

Tamzi
01-09-2005, 22:33
fabby. more soon please
xxx

hayley
02-09-2005, 23:06
More plese! lol! its brill! please do some more tonight!

hayley
02-09-2005, 23:07
More please! lol! its brill! please do some more tonight!

hayley
02-09-2005, 23:08
sorry about the duplicate reply my internet went all funny!

Amber
03-09-2005, 13:08
Sorry about the delay, I've just been so excited about Jake coming back that I forgot about this script!

Nobody Said it Was Easy
‘I suggest you let her family know…they might want to be here…’ Alfie nodded but knew that if the called them they would kill him. Then again Kat was nearly dead, it was there right to know.

As everyone left the room he looked back over at Kat, how had it all come to this, he smiled as he remembered some of the good times they had spent together. Their wedding night, when he crashed the wedding so she didn’t marry Andy, maybe he should have let her then she wouldn’t be in this situation now.

He slowly placed his hand by hers, moving his finger so he stroked hers gently. She was so cold, again getting no response broke him, he remembered when there was time Kat couldn’t keep her hands off him and vice versa, now look at her.

‘Kat…I’m so sorry…you have to pull through…don’t leave…’ his bottom lip quivered as he held back the tears. Pulling his hand away from the bed he rushed out the room and looked for the nearest pay phone.

‘Charlie…Look before you say anything I know what you said but I didn’t listen ok, but you need to get down here as soon as you can….its Kat…she might die’ he slammed the phone down as he finished his sentence.

In all his night mares he never imagined he would mention Kat and death in the same sentence, he stood outside her room again not wanting to go in, it was easier standing further back. The reality didn’t hurt as much if you couldn’t see the wires and blood.

He must have been standing there for at least twenty minutes when he heard chatting behind him getting closer, he knew it was the Slater family. ‘You better leave before I smash your face in!’ Big Mo paced straight over to Alfie as Charlie stood behind her with Zoe.

‘Zoe…when did you get back?’ Alfie looked past Big Mo seeing Kat’s daughter in tears. ‘Today…’ her voice was cold and sharp, shaking her head at Alfie she leant against Charlie. ‘Alfie, you are making things worse here…just go!’ Charlie’s voice boomed out.

‘But…I was here….I had to watch while she was dying…I didn’t think she would come back! They were giving up on her…and they said if it happens again…that…that…’ before he could say the last few words he burst into tears, Big Mo looked at Charlie, totally shocked by his outburst.

‘It’s ok…come here…’ Charlie stepped forward, Alfie fell into his arms gratefully and continued to sob. ‘I want to see my mum…’ Zoe slowly opened the door, she felt the bile in her stomach rise, placing her hand over her mouth she shook her head before running off in the direction of the toilets.

‘Zoe!’ Big Mo called to her but she didn’t stop, Alfie looked up quickly, wiping his tears away. ‘I’ll go and see where she is…’ Charlie nodded to Big Mo as he walked away.

‘Don’t know why you’re crying…guilt or pity?’ she raised her eyebrows at Alfie ‘neither…for love…’ she laughed at him, laughed right in his face ‘you wouldn’t know what love was…even if it married you and cried for you every night when you left…you haven’t got the faintest idea what she went through because of you…don’t think a few tears will change it!’

Once again the tears started to fall down his pale cheeks as Big Mo went to see Kat, he watched as she sat down next to her, taking her hand she held it next to her face. Alfie stood outside, alone, like he’d always been. Its like they say, you come into this world alone and you leave alone…

Come up to meet you, tell you I’m sorry…
I had to find you, tell you I need you…
Nobody said it was easy, it’s such a shame for us to part…
Oh take me back to the start

He placed his hand on the window, his heart reaching out to her. ‘Alfie…’ he turned his head to see Little Mo standing next to him. ‘How is she?’ unable to speak to her he just shook his head, biting her lip she placed a reassuring hand on his arm.

‘Cant you two give it a rest for one minute! Kat’s dying in there and all you can do is stand out here together!’ Alfie gulped as he heard Zoe rushing back towards them ‘Zoe, it’s not like that…’ he knew that no matter what he said they wouldn’t believe him, not after what they had done.

‘I hate you; you promised to look after her…look at her Alfie!!! Look at her! She’s dying because of you two….my mum is dying!’ breaking down she slapped Alfie sharply across the face. ‘I hate you…’ her voice barely a mutter as she burst through the door to her mum.

Amber
03-09-2005, 13:12
Nobody Said It Was Easy
‘I think you better go…’ Charlie stared at Alfie ‘but…’ frowning he desperately tried to talk him round ‘no buts Alfie…just go…’ he jumped at the words, remembering what Kat had shouted at him before.

Knowing he was defeated her turned his back on Charlie, looking up at Little Mo he shook his head before walked past her. His feet hardly left the floor as he staggered down the corridor.

‘NO KAT!!!’ Alfie stopped in his tracks upon hearing Zoe’s screams, he turned almost falling to the floor as he ran back towards the room. The familiar scenes echoed in his mind as the nurses ran past him into the room.

‘No….MUM!!’ Charlie held Zoe back as Alfie looked through the window, Little Mo stood next to him. Kat was shaking violently on the bed, nurses holding her down as blood trickled out of her mouth.

Tell me you love me…
Come back and haunt me…
Nobody said it was easy, no one ever said it would be this hard

Charlie dragged Zoe out of the room kicking and screaming, spotting Alfie still standing there the anger built up inside him. ‘I told you to go!’ his voice quivered as he held back the tears.

‘I can’t leave…not if she’s going to die!’ he saw how Zoe glared at him ‘this is because of you! You and her!!’ she pointed to Little Mo as she escaped from Charlie’s grasp.

‘Zoe I didn’t mean to hurt her!’ Alfie screamed, the tears now flowing freely ‘well you did, you hurt in the worst way possible!! And you…I never thought you would do this…to your own sister!!’ Zoe spat her words out at Little Mo who cowered behind Alfie.

‘We did nothing wrong…it happens Zoe’ Alfie frowned as Zoe stepped closer ‘what happens? You sleep with your brother in law and Kat dies…is that what happens!!’ before Little Mo could do anything Zoe pushed past Alfie and threw her hand across her face.

Looking at Little Mo on the floor Alfie stepped away, walking past Zoe he stood next to Charlie, watching once again as the nurses held Kat down. Little Mo was devastated, Alfie had just left her there, he cared more about Kat.

‘What’s happened, she isn’t dead is she?’ Charlie asked as the grabbed one of the doctor’s ‘no…she’s fitting…coughing up blood isn’t a good sign and we need to make sure she isn’t bleeding internally’ he nodded before walking away.

‘Kat…’ Charlie turned to Alfie as he heard him mutter his wife’s name ‘do you still feel anything for her at all Alfie? Be honest…do you feel anything?’ he gulped, looking over at Little Mo then back to Kat, blood everywhere and her hand shaking manically.

‘I…I don’t know…I don’t know anymore…’ rubbing his head with his hands he looked down at the floor. Charlie sighed before moving away from Alfie, he placed his arm around Big Mo and Zoe.

Alfie glanced from them, and then back to Little Mo who was now standing looking through the window at her sister, holding the side of her face. ‘We did this…’ she whispered to Alfie, his eyes widened before his anger showed on his face ‘Mo don’t start…not now…’

‘Why not? This was us Alfie…we can’t ignore that just because she is in hospital, it was because we love each other!’ Charlie couldn’t believe she was starting this argument in the hospital. ‘Mo…we never loved each other!’ as his words escaped his lips he hung his head as Little Mo ran off.

Amber
03-09-2005, 13:15
Nobody Said It Was Easy
Zoe was asleep on the chair, Big Mo and Charlie were outside talking to the doctor and Alfie was standing at the window in the room staring across at Kat ‘I hope you don’t find this funny Kat…worrying us like this…’ he smiled trying to imagine how she would react to him being there still.

‘I know you wanted me to go…but I couldn’t…I’m not leaving until you’re ok…’ he changed all his plans at that moment, he was going to run away again but he knew he had to make sure she didn’t die. If he wasn’t there and she did, he would never forgive himself.

‘I didn’t think you hated me that much that the only way to get rid of me was to die on me…’ trying to laugh he felt the tears pricking at his eyes again ‘you don’t hate me do you? Not really…’ as he spoke he didn’t noticed Charlie and Big Mo enter.

‘I don’t hate you…you’re my wife how can I hate you? But Kat…don’t do that again, don’t try and die on me…cus I’m not going anywhere’ his voice quivered as he walked closer to the bed. Taking her hand he locked his fingers around hers, noticing her wedding ring he smiled to himself but it soon faded as he looked down at his bare finger.

‘Kat…this is all so complicated, I don’t understand what to do anymore…you and Little Mo…’ he shook his head, Big Mo wanted to get him out she just wanted to hit him over and over again, but Charlie stopped her.

‘It’s probably best if I just leave…like I did before, then I don’t need to see either of you…’ as he leant down to kiss her hand Big Mo pushed Charlie away. ‘Don’t even think about kissing her! You should take your own advice and leave…I can’t believe you actually think you love Little Mo as much as Kat…after everything you’ve been through…’

‘I am going…there is no other way to get through this…’ he wiped the tears away, placing Kat’s hand back without kissing it. ‘Don’t think I feel sorry for you Alfie…the only person to blame for all this is you! You slept with her sister! You broke her heart! You destroyed her!’

‘It wasn’t just me…we weren’t together anymore anyway! She left me remember, I still loved her and she left me because she slept with someone else!’ he screamed his words at Big Mo, but she knew everything, Kat had told her when Alfie left.

‘Yeh and why did she sleep with someone else? Because you wouldn’t go anywhere near her, you made her feel like a tart! You were supposed to be different, the man on the moon…but no you’re just the same as the others! Don’t try and make this out to be her fault…she loves you…she always will!’ Alfie tried to swallow the lump in his throat as she carried on.

‘She told me, she told me everything…that you didn’t love her…that’s why she went! Did you think she was going to stay with you when you didn’t love her anymore…that was the final straw Alfie, you didn’t love her, the one man she would have died for…’ Big Mo laughed at the irony of it all.

‘She would have died for you…and guess what, she is!’ Alfie shook his head ‘No! I never said I didn’t love her…I never actually said it I only shook my head and do you know why!? Because I couldn’t say it…I couldn’t say something that wasn’t true…I did still love her!’

‘Funny way of showing it…what was it, few months before you went off with someone else, her own sister! You must have really loved her to wait that long!’ Charlie sighed as he notice Zoe wake up through all the shouting ‘I didn’t think she was ever coming back!!’

‘So you just got on with life did you? Let me tell you something Alfie, if you really loved her…you would never have moved on, not in those few months…not in years!’ she watched as he looked away from her, glancing over at Kat ‘do you feel anything for her Alfie…not just because she’s in hospital, but deep down…do you? She doesn’t need your pity…’

They all waited for his reply ‘I…’ without saying anything he shook his head ‘I didn’t think so…shame you can’t say it isn’t it Alfie? You always were one for going about the houses…when she was with Andy, before that…you didn’t have the guts to tell her how you felt…and now it’s exactly the same’ Big Mo looked at her grand daughter before walking over and holding her hand.

‘I think you better leave…if you don’t love her…like you said…just leave…’ for the first time since the accident Big Mo felt the tears fall down her face, she knew this would break Kat completely, maybe she was right, maybe it would have been better if she’d died.

--

More soon.

hayley
03-09-2005, 16:07
Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease do more today! It is sooooooooooooo good! I really hope kat doesnt die and alfie and kat get back together!

*kalfie*moon*
04-09-2005, 13:58
please do more!..Kat can't die!

Chloe-Elise
04-09-2005, 18:38
Please don't let Kat die! Please update soon :)

hayley
04-09-2005, 19:13
Oi amber pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease get on here now and do more! its great!

Amber
04-09-2005, 19:59
Thanks for the replies.

Nobody Said It Was Easy
As Alfie opened the door he took one last look at Kat ‘sorry Kat…’ his voice breaking as he turned his head back to the door. ‘Charlie, she moved!! She just gripped my hand!’ Alfie immediately rushed back over to the bed as Zoe and Charlie came over.

‘Thank god…Kat…can you hear us?’ Charlie smiled down at his daughter but there was no response ‘it doesn’t matter Charlie, at least we got some sort of movement from her…maybe she’s coming back to us’ Big Mo smiled until she noticed Alfie next to her.

‘Why are you still here?’ she snarled at him ‘she moved…’ almost as if he were mesmerised he beamed down at his wife. ‘Yeah she did, probably wanted to hit you! I told you to go Alfie, you made your decision for Little Mo before you left and you just told me that you had no feelings for Kat…’

‘But…I never said it, I only shook my head, I told you if its not true I never say it…’ Big Mo gritted her teeth ‘What is the matter with you Alfie? I just want you to decide what you’re going to do and do it!’ screaming at him she looked away and sat down next to Kat.

‘Alfie please don’t do this, I’m asking as her daughter…don’t hurt my mum anymore than you have done. You know how much she loved you and you threw it all away, both of you did…but if you are staying for guilt or pity and not love…then go now…please’

This was the hardest thing Alfie had ever had to think about, he didn’t know what to do, should he stay or should he go? He still had feelings for her but was it love? The love they used to have, he remembered the old times, how happy they were. Could they ever get back to that?

He knew this wasn’t going to be easy, in fact it was the hardest thing he had ever done. Looking around at Zoe, then to Big Mo and Charlie, he finally looked down at Kat, this was who it was all about, Kat.

‘I…’ he thought long and hard, he knew that if he went he’d never be able to see her again but if he stayed what would he do? He wouldn’t be helping her, he would make things worse and if she was ok and came out of hospital to see him with Little Mo that might finish her off.

She wanted to die because of what he had done to her, the last thing she said to him was to leave. As the thoughts swirled around in his head the doctor entered ‘she moved!’ he saw the delight on Big Mo’s face ‘that is natural…it could just be a muscle spasm, its too early for any progress….’

As the disappointment shone through Alfie slowly crept backwards, reaching the door he opened it quietly as the others continued to talk to the doctor. Zoe looked up and noticed him leaving, she knew he wasn’t going to stay and he had done the right thing for once.

He looked through the window at Kat, a small smile crossed his face as he took a deep breath and whispered ‘bye Kat…’ he waited for a few moments as he held back his emotions before walking away again.

‘Bye Mr Moon, will we see you tomorrow?’ he looked up to see the nurse who had let him in the previously. ‘No…’ he gulped ‘you’ve been good to Kathleen, staying here all this time, you must be shattered…I hope she deserves it’ the nurse smiled but Alfie bit his lip.

‘No…I don’t deserve her…I wont be here tomorrow…or the day after that…maybe not for weeks…I’m going…’ sighing he rubbed his head, closing his eyes momentarily. ‘I’m not coming back…’ looking up at her he nodded before walking out the hospital.

Amber
04-09-2005, 20:02
Nobody Said It Was Easy
‘Alfie’s gone!’ Charlie looked up as he heard Big Mo shout ‘I know…’ they both turned to Zoe ‘he left when the doctor was here…he did the right thing, I know he doesn’t feel the way he did when they got married…’

‘At least he left…now we can concentrate on getting Kat better!’ Big Mo smiled as she gripped Kat’s hand firmly. ‘It’s ok Kat…we’re all here now…’

Meanwhile Alfie had packed his bags and was leaving the house when he was confronted with Little Mo ‘where are you going?’ he really didn’t have time for her to go on at him when he needed to leave. ‘Just…going…’

‘But, what about me? What about Kat?’ hearing her name pulled at his heart ‘What about you? What about Kat? I made my mind up when I left here before that I had to go…and it’s the same again…I hurt Kat too much and I hurt you too. It should never have been like that, we should never have got together…’

‘Alfie, please don’t go, you have to stay!’ he rolled his eyes as she grabbed for his arm ‘Mo, why don’t you understand, I just spent that time with Zoe and she doesn’t want Kat to hurt anymore, just like I don’t. What if she gets better and then sees me and you together that would finish her off, or what if she never gets better?’

‘So you’re going to go, even if she dies, you are just leaving! I know you don’t care about her Alfie but that is spineless…heartless…what kind of man are you?’ he grinned at the irony ‘one that sleeps with my sister in law…when my wife still thinks she has a chance with me…’

‘Alfie! Just don’t go, she needs you! We all need you!’ stepping forward he smiled before lifting his hand and fiddling with the strands of hair at the side of her face ‘but…I don’t think I need any of you…’ he couldn’t believe the words that were coming out of his mouth but maybe it was true.

Picking up his bag he started to walk away from her ‘Alfie!’ he heard Nana scream after him, at first he didn’t want to stop but he turned to see her trotting after him. ‘Nan go back inside…’

‘Alfie, you’re going, after everything I said to you…’ he could heard the disappointment in her voice ‘I have to, I cant stay, there are too many memories here, sometimes its just best to pack everything up and go!’

‘If you leave Alfie…I wont have a grandson’ her words shattered his heart ‘what…but…’ she shook her head ‘you made a promise Alfie, you promised Kat that you would love her and always be there for her, you two were made for each other…’

He took in every word she said ‘the day you decided to be with Little Mo you broke that promise and if that wasn’t bad enough darling, you never told Kat, you let her believe there was still a chance to get back together. She still loved you…she told me, we spoke a lot when you were away…then you come back and she sees you and maybe thinks there is another chance, and then you go again! Why can’t you just tell her how you feel Alfie?’

He was shocked by Nana’s outburst but he knew she was right, she always was. He knew he needed to see her and tell her how he felt before he left, but how could he when she wasn’t awake.

Nana turned her back on him and walked back into the house, staring down at the floor the slowly paced back inside as well. ‘Staying then?’ Nana questioned as he shut the door behind him.

‘I only want to tell Kat how I feel…and why I’m going…but I can’t if she isn’t awake!’ he sat down in the kitchen as Nana stared at him. ‘Well you’ll just have to wait then won’t you? If you go…like I said, I don’t have a grand son…if you stay, you might change my mind darling…’ patting in on the shoulder she placed a box in front of him before tottering away.

He frowned, scanning the box before it registered exactly what it was. His heart jumped into his throat as he took the lid off, a photo of him and Kat on their wedding day sat on the top. His shaky hand reached and picked it up, they both looked so happy that day.

He carried on rummaging through the box, finding pieces of paper that he used to leave around the Vic for Kat. ‘I promise to love you til death do us part…all my love Alfie’ the pain shot through his body like a lightening bolt, it was true, he had loved her almost til death.

Nana watched from the doorway as he looked through more photos, some of him with Kat and Spencer. It was like one big happy family, all they needed was a Mini Moon, he remembered how he wanted to have a baby with Kat before she came back last time but he’d never told her…but it was all too late now. Placing the lid back on the box he pushed it to the edge of the table.

--

More soon :D

hayley
04-09-2005, 21:13
This really good please do more soon!

crazy_purple
04-09-2005, 21:42
Please do more as soon as you can I love this story, it's brilliant! :)

*kalfie*moon*
04-09-2005, 22:30
more more more!! :D

hayley
06-09-2005, 18:01
More Asap!

hayley
11-09-2005, 13:18
Amber please, please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please do some more!

Chloe-Elise
11-09-2005, 15:55
Its brilliant! :D more soon please

hayley
13-09-2005, 22:57
Amber get back on here now and do more! PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry to sound rude but you havent posted for ageeeeeeeeeees!

dragoneye454
14-09-2005, 11:58
This is absolutely excellent. I was totally engrossed

hayley
19-09-2005, 20:57
Amber, i really want to know what happens!
Please post more, i've been waiting ages!

*kalfie*moon*
19-09-2005, 22:32
please do more!!