PDA

View Full Version : From the Dales to the Cobbles

alan45
20-08-2005, 23:37
Vicky hits the Street to join soap rivals
26 July 2005 by Jon Harris

FORMER Emmerdale favourite Vicky Binns is making a return to TV - in rival soap Coronation Street. And the 22-year old actress is to earn her dough - as oddball baker Diggory Compton's daughter Holly.

Vicky, who played policewoman's daughter Ollie Reynolds for four years in the Yorkshire sex and sheep soap, quit Emmerdale in 2003 saying she wanted to "try something else". Her first job when she bowed out was in pantomime at Christmas as `Goldilocks' in Swindon, Wiltshire.

But the actress was persuaded to join the Street after speaking to best pal Jenni McAlpine, who plays Fiz Brown in Corrie. Her character will be a dog lover who gets a job at Kirk Sutherland's kennels. Ironically Holly's sworn enemy will be Fiz who used to bully her at school and the pair will lock horns in an on-screen feud.

An insider on the ITV1 soap said: "Vicky is very please to be joining the soap and we're all convinced she will be a big hit with the viewers. She was immensely popular in Emmerdale and I'm sure she will just as popular in Corrie. "The fact she and Jenni and such big pals will help Vicky find her feet. Like Jenni, she is a very talented actress indeed."

Treacle
20-08-2005, 23:43
:lol: Well as she's playing a relative of he who shall not be named I wouldn't get too enthusiastic about her!

alan45
20-08-2005, 23:47
Well like him or loathe him. Vicky Binns is a terrific actress and doubtless wll have a fantastic script in Britains favourite soap

Treacle
20-08-2005, 23:51
Well like him or loathe him. Vicky Binns is a terrific actress and doubtless wll have a fantastic script in Britains favourite soapAny scene involving her and Diggory (and there's bound to be a few) will be crap!

As for Britains favourite soap, I bet 50% of the viewers watch it out of habit afterall it did start way back in 1960 and most of its viewers are over the age of 50 :D :thumbsup:

alan45
20-08-2005, 23:57
Any scene involving her and Diggory (and there's bound to be a few) will be crap!

As for Britains favourite soap, I bet 50% of the viewers watch it out of habit afterall it did start way back in 1960 and most of its viewers are over the age of 50 :D :thumbsup:

Just because you may not like D******y does not mean his daughter will be crap

Its still Britains favourite soap irrespective of the age or percieved age of its viewers :p

Treacle
21-08-2005, 00:00
Just because you may not like D******y does not mean his daughter will be crap

Its still Britains favourite soap irrespective of the age or percieved age of its viewers :p
So it's been Britains favourite soap for the past few years, big deal it can't hold a candle up to the UK's no.2 soap when that's on top form like in 2001 for instance when the pair went head to head and the UK's no.2 soap came off with millions more viewers :D :thumbsup:

And Diggory can bring any other character down, he's just totally bizarre, stupid and pointless!

Lisa321
23-08-2005, 18:43
Sounds good. Especially as Fiz bullied her.

alan45
23-08-2005, 19:59
Yes I think she will be excellent

kayla05
24-08-2005, 11:58
dont know if im keen, i dont like diggory so hopefully she will be the opposite to him!

Abi
24-08-2005, 12:01
She was great in Emmerdale. I doubt, and very much hope, that she would always be stuck with that Diggory whats-his-face. She should be a great addition

kayla05
24-08-2005, 12:29
I really liked her in emmerdale, the reynolds family were great.

luna_lovegood
29-08-2005, 23:41
She was involved in some really good storylines in Emmerdale, the one with her and Cain and the incident where the emmerdale teens ran the headmistress over and killed her were my favourites.

alan45
30-08-2005, 00:24
yes she will be a welcome asset on the UKs best soap