PDA

View Full Version : Andy Sugden

Petal
08-04-2005, 16:49
I've only recently started watching Emmerdale and I was wondering what Andy's background was before he came to the village and what happened to his real mother?

chamone256
08-04-2005, 16:56
i don't know much but his mother was killed in a fire started by him.

chec2k
08-04-2005, 17:40
I thought he killed his step-mom in the fire.

Jemma
08-04-2005, 18:27
His real dad is in prison and he was adopted by sarah and jack sugden, then he killed sarah (by accident) in a fire he started. I don't know anything about his real mum though. Daz is his half brother I think, they have the same dad.

tammyy2j
03-02-2009, 15:20
Andy Sugden will get a new love in the shape of post totty Maisie Wylde

lizann
03-02-2009, 16:24
I wish Andy would leave or die

Perdita
03-02-2009, 16:27
Wanting him to die is a bit harsh, don't you think? I might not like a character but never wanted one to die. :(

lizann
03-02-2009, 16:41
Wanting him to die is a bit harsh, don't you think? I might not like a character but never wanted one to die. :(

You are probably right it is too harsh ( me in terrible form at the moment :angry: friends visiting :lol: ) i just cant stand the character of Andy and with Jack's death, him losing baby Sarah and Jo leaving maybe its time he left also - they is not much more they can do with the character

Perdita
04-02-2009, 06:19
He could just start to turn his life around again ??

alan45
04-02-2009, 09:32
he's a waste of space and screen time. Get shot of him now. He's not even a decent actor. Oh yes and take his hair to Debbies Garage for an oil change!!!

Chloe O'brien
04-02-2009, 22:48
I hope they're going to give him a good wash and clean before they unleash him on another poor girl.

Perdita
16-05-2009, 06:41
ANDY misses a key custody hearing about Sarah * because he is being quizzed by the police about trying to hit Cain with his car!
Ever since Jo left the village, Andy has been trying to convince everybody that his violent tantrums are behind him, and that he's a good father to his little girl.

But Cain is prepared to do anything to make sure Debbie wins custody of Sarah * including using Andy's shameful past against him!

Despite Debbie saying she doesn¹t want to play dirty, her dad tells the authorities that Andy used to beat up his wife.

Later, Cain takes pleasure in revealing his actions to Andy * who instantly sees red!

The fuming farmer puts his foot down, intent on turning Cain into road-kill, but Cain is able to dash out of the way.

Later, as the hearing approaches, Andy is carted off by the cops for questioning over the incident, having been grassed up by Cain!

With Andy a no-show, the case gets adjourned. Has Cain destroyed Andy's chances of keeping Sarah?

From The Sun

alan45
16-05-2009, 11:35
Has Cain destroyed Andy's chances of keeping Sarah?

From The Sun

Hopefully yes.

Chloe O'brien
16-05-2009, 23:32
How long is this custody between the Dingles and the Sugdens going to last for neither one of them are fit to bring up Sarah.

angel_eyes87
16-05-2009, 23:53
It may go on for a while yet,

Apparantly Andy loses Custody

I read it in a soap mag, but Andy is supposedly going to go suicidal again.

I agree neither are suitable parents to bring Sarah up, but Sarah loves them both, plus she has known Andy longer and as her dad, were as Debbie has just become the 3rd Mum to her, poor love doesn't know who is her Mum.

Chloe O'brien
17-05-2009, 00:37
Oh no not another suicide plot by Andy does he need help in making sure he get's it right this time. Sarah should have been left with Emily at least she cared for her. How long will it be before Debbie get's bored or lands in trouble again. Neither her or Andy are going to do what is best for Sarah they're only thinking of themselves. None of them should have custody of her.

angel_eyes87
17-05-2009, 00:51
I can just see the smirk on Cains face when all this happens, put it this way I bet if Cain hadn't returned we would'nt have this storyline, as all the storylines this year seem to be Dingle related, well they are every year.

I agree Debbie will get bored, especially if Cain is not by her side all the time, being the instigator in everything she does.

Am I the only one who is not keen on Cain getting away with everything that he does so far, it has been annoying watching him set people up then come across as the hero. SNITCH

lizann
22-05-2009, 20:37
So are they finished now?

lizann
22-05-2009, 20:39
Losing custody of his daughter Sarah will lead Andy into a deep depression, loss of his farm and to a suicide attempt and will he succeed or will his ex Debbie be his only hope??????????????????

angel_eyes87
22-05-2009, 20:45
I really wonder if it will be Debbie that gets him back on the straight and narrow.:hmm:

Who else agrees that Sugdens not being farmers is just plain wrong, Andy needs to get back to normal then get another farm:hmm:

Chloe O'brien
22-05-2009, 21:58
What surprises me is that Zak hasn't done more to help or advice Andy. I know Debbie is his grandaughter and he wants her to have custody of Sara but Zak and Jack were good mates they always had respect for each other. So why isn't Zak trying to help both Andy and Debbie come to a suitable arraangement about Sara and help him with the farm.

angel_eyes87
22-05-2009, 22:05
I agree about the whole Zak/Jack part. But the producers have decided that this is the only way that they can possibly go with Andy's character as the last producer totally destroyed his character with the abuse storyline, now the producers have decided the only way that he can come go good is by hitting rock bottom, which is what we are going to see in the next few weeks, it does make me wonder who will save him, with Daz gone:crying: who can possibly help him, and from what I have read the Sugdens seem to have washed their hands of him:hmm:

Chloe O'brien
22-05-2009, 22:25
There isn't any Sugdens left in the dales. Diane is away visiting Bernice I think and the only family Jack had apart from Annie was a cousin Matt who left the dales over 20 years ago so Andy wouldn't know who he was. The only other person apart from Zak to help Andy out would be Alan Turner.

angel_eyes87
22-05-2009, 22:34
They need to introduce a distant cousin or relative to the Sugden family, hey if the Dingles have relatives coming out of the woodworks every so often, why cant the Sugdens do it. They could try and bring back Robert, but Karl is busy with Kingdom so I doubt it, It's a shame they sacked Luke, because Daz was like a Sugden and he had been brought up knowing how to be a farmer, like Andy had.

Chloe O'brien
22-05-2009, 22:49
The only one who could really come back and help sort Andy out apart from Diane is Kathy she was Jack's daughter-in-law she was married to Jack's son who died about 20 years ago. She's in Australia the last time she was in the dales was for Seth's funeral. Apart from that it would be to invent a long lost relative like the dingles do. Either that or someone in the villiage like Edna rallies the villiagers into helping on of their own as she took in Andy and Daz's real dad Billy when he was released from prison.

angel_eyes87
22-05-2009, 22:53
I would love for Kathy to come back, I loved her she was amazing around the time when Andy burned the barn down.

Does anyone know if the Wyldes own the Sugdens old farm as one of their tenant farms, because that could be a great story for Andy if he gets his feet back on the ground, to take on the Sugdens old farm, but he would need help from someone, I still think they should bring back Daz

Chloe O'brien
23-05-2009, 00:41
Daz won't be back for at least another year or two, once he has served his community serivce. But they need someone to help Andy cope with his breakdown.

angel_eyes87
23-05-2009, 01:04
Yeah I reckon Daz is likely to come back next year, Luke only got 200hours of Community service, it wouldn't take that long to finish it in 2 years. He may not be wanted because of what went on between him and Vic:wub: Andy kicked him out for taking advantage.

But the storyline that they seemed to have wrote out for Andy this summer, seemed to suggest that someone would help him, which originally Daz was supposed to be returning late Sumer, tying in with this storyline:hmm: , but as the Lizann said Debbie may be the one to help him through his tough ordeal, well after reading the spoilers of when Debbie won custody, she seems keen on letting Andy be a key part of Sarah's life, probably behind Cains back:hmm:

Perdita
23-05-2009, 07:31
Yes, Maisie had enough of cleaning his house for him and looking after Sarah, Andy did not appreciate what she did and she wants fun, not responsibility. She dumped him

tammyy2j
23-05-2009, 15:22
What happend to Joe Sudgen (Jack's brother) maybe a long lost of kid of his could show up.

Emmerdale needs the Sudgen as farmers

angel_eyes87
23-05-2009, 16:17
Jacks brother died I think, I think he died in the plane crash years, I dont know if he had any children, hey he could out of wedlock.

I agree the Sugdens as farmers is just plain wrong, but Butlers was Andy and Katies farm, not the Sugdens, Emmerdale Farm was the Sugden farm but Jack had financial difficulties, leading Andy to burn the Barn down.

I wonder who runs Emmerdale Farm as Andy could possibly run that when he recovers from his depression, but he DOES need someone to help him, I still say bring Daz back

Chloe O'brien
23-05-2009, 23:53
I doubt they will bring Daz back even if he has served his time by the summer. Emmerdale have been in no rush to bring Scott back and he was found innocent of his crime so I wouldn't hold my breath for Daz to return.

angel_eyes87
24-05-2009, 00:02
Scott didn't have a storyline in the soap when he left, where as Daz had a storyline going before he left, leaving the storyline that he had going left unfinished and up in the air.

Buster99
26-05-2009, 22:14
I think that the Sudgens need a distant relative that could have done some reaseach into there family tree and discovered (Prehaps Annie had a sister or brother they lost contact/had a fued and now that line may Olive branch there Children can come in and could make the Sudgens a family again)???

tammyy2j
15-07-2009, 12:59
Kelvin Fletcher is ready to quit the show.

He has played troubled Andy Sugden for 12 years but says he’s now ready to try other acting projects.

Kelvin, 26, said: “I want to do something controversial, but not theatre or Shakespeare – that’s a bit too old school for me.”

:cheer: hope it happens

no1abbafan
15-07-2009, 17:25
See you in Panto then at Christmas :rotfl:

lizann
15-07-2009, 17:25
Its about time :cheer:

Chris_2k11
15-07-2009, 20:39
I can't say i'll miss him, its a shame they had to ruin his character.

angel_eyes87
15-07-2009, 20:47
Where's the source, because I have read this ages ago about him wanting to persue others acting careers, which is understanding being in a soap for a long time, but I will miss his screen prescence.

He should talk to Emma Atkins, she failed when she left a soap because she thought she was bigger than the show.

Chloe O'brien
15-07-2009, 23:43

Or SCD or even I'm a celebrity.

Perdita
16-07-2009, 05:45
Where's the source, because I have read this ages ago about him wanting to persue others acting careers, which is understanding being in a soap for a long time, but I will miss his screen prescence.

He should talk to Emma Atkins, she failed when she left a soap because she thought she was bigger than the show.

Daily Star ran the article, I agree with him wanting to pursue other roles as well for quite a while.

Ruffed_lemur
17-07-2009, 18:26

Or SCD or even I'm a celebrity.

Dancing on Ice maybe?

Katy
17-07-2009, 20:28
He'l definitly be a baddie in a panto at christmas!

I aagree, emmerdale ruined his character, i liked him before he went weird.

alan45
19-07-2009, 01:48
Lets hope he goes. He is a crap actor and his hair needs an oil change

Chris_2k11
19-07-2009, 13:14
He USED to be a very good actor

Bryan
19-07-2009, 19:29
i remember cute little Andy who wouldnt harm a fly, then suddenly he became this wife beating maniac! what's that all about lol?

Perdita
19-07-2009, 19:29
I guess this is what life can do to somebody

Hannelene
15-08-2009, 18:03
i remember cute little Andy who wouldnt harm a fly, then suddenly he became this wife beating maniac! what's that all about lol?I wonder the same thing he just seemed to change overnight once his dad made a re-appearance he just seemed to get crazier in behaviour!

I wonder what he will do now?

alan45
15-08-2009, 21:12
I just wish he would go. Preferably a painful death

Hannelene
16-08-2009, 08:43
I know what you mean but I would like them to bring Robert Sugden back

GossipGirl
22-08-2009, 18:43
Andy seems a little lost I didn't think he would ever leave the show I thought he would go on to be like the next Jack Sugden but he seems to just be hanging around with not much to do. Maybe he is leaving at the right time as his character has done all you can do within a soap.

Abbie
22-08-2009, 22:40
Has he really been in for that long? :eek:

Hannelene
23-08-2009, 11:15
Never knew he had been in it for that long.

Chris_2k11
23-08-2009, 14:09
yeah I very briefly remember when he first came into it and Jack and Sarah adopted him.

Hannelene
23-08-2009, 14:12
How did he change into the man he has become? Wasn't he sweet before?

GossipGirl
29-08-2009, 20:14
Who knows
When does he go?

Hannelene
05-09-2009, 07:22
Soon I hope as now he is like an over paid extra.

GossipGirl
12-09-2009, 10:13
when does he leave?

Perdita
12-09-2009, 16:51
It has not been confirmed that he is actually leaving

GossipGirl
12-09-2009, 17:47
So were just speculating here?

Perdita
13-09-2009, 06:56
The Daily Star printed the story a couple of months ago but I have not read anything about it anywhere else so I would say it is speculation at the moment.

Hannelene
13-09-2009, 07:13
I wonder why he would leave unless they give the character a better storyline and some kind of purpose.......

alan45
30-01-2013, 13:26
Emmerdale star Kelvin Fletcher has attacked Digital Spy forum members, describing them as "vile" people "ooz[ing] bitterness".

The actor, who plays Andy Sugden on the ITV soap, accused DS users of not being interested in his show, just in posting "full on essays about people they have never met".

"Briefly browsed 'digital spy' last night," he wrote on Twitter. "Who ARE these people that comment in the forum? Some comments were vile and oozed bitterness.

"They can't be fans of television and film. Can't be. Full on essays, about people (me) they have never met! Amazing."

Fletcher also made light of one forum member's allegation that he swore at them when they asked for a photograph.

"Apparently one DS warrior said that I told them to 'F**k off' when asked for a photo!" he wrote. "Pah! I'd have at least said 'please'."

Fletcher's current Emmerdale storyline has seen Andy grow closer to ex-wife Katie Macey (Sammy Winward), making her new partner Declan (Jason Merrells) jealous

alan45
30-01-2013, 13:26
Emmerdale star Kelvin Fletcher has attacked Digital Spy forum members, describing them as "vile" people "ooz[ing] bitterness".

The actor, who plays Andy Sugden on the ITV soap, accused DS users of not being interested in his show, just in posting "full on essays about people they have never met".

"Briefly browsed 'digital spy' last night," he wrote on Twitter. "Who ARE these people that comment in the forum? Some comments were vile and oozed bitterness.

"They can't be fans of television and film. Can't be. Full on essays, about people (me) they have never met! Amazing."

Fletcher also made light of one forum member's allegation that he swore at them when they asked for a photograph.

"Apparently one DS warrior said that I told them to 'F**k off' when asked for a photo!" he wrote. "Pah! I'd have at least said 'please'."

Fletcher's current Emmerdale storyline has seen Andy grow closer to ex-wife Katie Macey (Sammy Winward), making her new partner Declan (Jason Merrells) jealous

tammyy2j
30-01-2013, 13:49
Damn came in here all excited thinking he quiting :( instead he moaning

Glen1
30-01-2013, 15:57
Probably lost your only fan, Mr.Fletcher if you turned away the autograph hunter. Still could be worse. at least your on commercial TV, so BBC license fee payers aren't contributing to your salary.

Perdita
09-04-2013, 05:25
Andy Sugden puts his relationship with Kerry Wyatt at risk next week as he shares a kiss with her daughter Amy.

Andy and Amy (Chelsea Halfpenny) are bonding over their dislike of Kerry's wild behaviour when they start to see each other in a different light.

Here, Kelvin Fletcher - who plays Andy - teases the surprise kiss and where the storyline might be heading next.

How does Andy see his relationship with Kerry at the moment? Is it love or just a matter of convenience?
"I think it maybe started out as convenience, because first of all Andy put Kerry up for a couple of nights when she was new to the village and pretty desperate for somewhere to stay. Andy acted like the Good Samaritan that he genuinely is, and he didn't see it as any more than that - just doing a good deed.

"Andy also saw a lot of himself in Kerry, because she was a bit of a black sheep in the village. It went from there, as there was a physical connection and a bit of flirting going on.

"Since then, I think Andy has grown to be quite smitten with Kerry. Andy enjoys his time with Kerry and I've definitely done a couple of scenes where he says that he loves her. He sees this as quite a serious relationship."

Is it useful for Andy that Kerry is always doing the babysitting for Sarah and Jack?
"It really is. Most parents will probably know how difficult it is to manage a job and look after two kids as well, including a newborn in this case. As a farmer, the hours that Andy works can vary quite a bit, depending on the weather and the season. Debbie's been a lot busier lately with her entrepreneurial vision and setting up a business, so that's affected Andy greatly.

"The more Kerry looks after the kids, the more time he can be out earning money without having to pay for a babysitter or the nursery, which costs a fortune."

Does Andy ever feel guilty for relying on Kerry so much when it comes to childcare?
"Not at all, as he's never taken advantage of Kerry. Andy always appreciates what she does and he constantly reminds her that he knows the kids are not her responsibility.

"However, Kerry is not working, she's not doing anything else and she's in the house all day anyway, so it's not really a big ask, is it? I know looking after kids can be quite strenuous at times, but if you enter into a relationship with someone who's got children, I think it's something that you have to take on board."

Does Andy fully trust Kerry when he leaves her with the children?
"At the beginning, Andy was slightly apprehensive about leaving the kids with Kerry, because they'd had the incident with Sarah finding Kerry's insulin pen. That could have gone completely wrong for Sarah.

"Obviously Sarah hasn't fully recovered from her recent health problems, so there's always that doubt in the back of Andy's mind that most parents have - that there's nobody who can look after his kids as well as he can! Even if you fully trust the person you've left your children with, I suppose there's always that sense of being slightly on pins.

"But it does seem to be working out quite well with Kerry looking after the children. Andy's not got any reason to think otherwise. I know the viewers are seeing Kerry neglecting them a little bit, but Andy's not seeing that and is completely oblivious to it."

Things start to go wrong next week when Andy sees Kerry get very drunk at Adam's 21st birthday party…
"Yes, Andy is really embarrassed. Kerry is getting more and more drunk, loud and flirtatious. All of a sudden she starts dancing about, and Andy is just mortified, really. He's quite angry as she's making a show of him."

Does Andy confront Kerry?
"Yes, he quietly asks her to calm down and stop embarrassing him. However, Kerry sees him as a killjoy and completely ignores him. Andy knows that Kerry is quite a feisty character who'll do whatever she wants!"

What happens next?
"Andy storms out! She's lap dancing Adam at this point after having a few drinks too many! Everybody's looking over and it's absolutely cringeworthy for Andy. He's angry but also really embarrassed.

"Andy gets home and tells Amy that her mum has made a fool of herself. Amy points out that it's 'same old, same old', as Kerry never changes. They're on the same level, as Kerry can upset Amy at times, and she also upsets Andy at times. That means that Andy and Amy have a connection."

Amy is also all dressed up for the party at this point. Does Andy notice that?
"Yes, Andy compliments her for looking nice. Kerry has taken her braids away and looks a lot different from the usual Amy. It's a genuine compliment. Amy is quite surprised by the compliment, because Andy normally just says 'hello' to her and that's that. When a lad does notice her and makes a positive comment, it makes her feel good."

How does Andy and Amy's kiss come about?
"Andy's had a few to drink and they're both feeling a bit low. Amy hints that she'd like a nice guy, so Andy gives her a few more compliments - telling her that she deserves a good boyfriend because she's a nice girl and pretty. He tries to boost her self-esteem, as he sees that she's quite hurt.

"Amy takes everything that Andy says quite literally, and thinks that he's maybe making a pass at her. She gets the complete wrong end of the stick and goes to kiss Andy, and surprisingly Andy kisses her back. Even though Amy did get her wires crossed and confused what he was saying, Andy does kiss her back."

Does it go any further than a kiss?
"No, they both pull back and that's it. Andy quickly realises what he's done and he knows that it's wrong."

Does Andy regret the kiss?
"Well, the next morning, Andy certainly reiterates that what they did the previous night was wrong. But at the same time, there's a glint in his eye. They had a few drinks and made a mistake, and those mistakes do happen. But when those sorts of things do happen, there's always that element where you think, 'I wonder why it happened? Is there something there?'

"Andy realises how serious the whole situation is, and he has got feelings for Kerry. But I think this took him by surprise and prompted a little second glance at Amy. I don't think he's ever looked at Amy twice before, but this has probably prompted him to look at her a little bit differently."

How are things between Andy and Amy in the aftermath of the kiss?
"Things are really awkward, but Andy bites the bullet and makes the first attempt to break the ice with Amy. They talk as if nothing happened, but then they bring the inevitable up. Andy just wants to reiterate that what they did was wrong. He also asks whether Amy is going to tell her mum, as his primary concern is whether she's going to grass him up to Kerry.

"Andy feels that it was only a simple little kiss and it doesn't need to go any further. There'd be chaos if Kerry found out! However, Amy is only a young girl and she's quite distraught to be told that this was a mistake and Andy regrets it."

Is Andy also worried that Amy could tell Victoria?
"Yeah, the whole thing is an awkward situation to be in. Andy doesn't want Amy to tell anybody - whether it's Victoria, Kerry or anyone else. It's just better to keep it quiet. In the grand scheme of things, it was just a drunken kiss after a couple of beers. It wasn't any worse than that."

How does Andy feel when Kerry wants to make up for her wild behaviour with a special tea for him and Amy?
"Andy feels really guilty, because he can see that Kerry is trying to make amends with him after giving Adam a lap dance. Little does Kerry know that he was kissing her daughter slightly after!

"I think Andy and Amy both feel guilty, but I also get the impression that Amy enjoys it a little bit. It's probably the first time ever that she's got one up on her mum."

How would Andy feel if he knew that Amy was developing proper feelings for him?
"To be honest, I think Andy is aware of this, but because she's a young girl, he thinks that it'll be that way for a couple of weeks before someone else catches her eye.

"However, if Amy really is developing feelings, Andy realises how complicated that would be. He just wants to let her know that he does like her, but not like that. He reminds her that he's going out with her mum, so they should leave it at that."

Do you think Andy would be tempted to have an affair with Amy behind Kerry's back?
"Yeah! He doesn't mind an affair, Andy, does he? There's certainly a recipe for disaster there because Amy is always round at the house and Andy has confided in her a couple of times. They've got common ground - they're both hurt by one woman. Kerry's antics hurt Andy and they hurt Amy. Who knows what could happen?"

Perdita
30-07-2014, 12:22
Emmerdale's Andy Sugden and Katie Addyman's rekindled relationship takes a dark turn next week after Andy is given an unwelcome reminder of his violent past.

Andy (Kelvin Fletcher) is forced to reflect on his history as a domestic abuser after meeting a woman at the hospital who is evidently being abused by her partner.

Despite the fact that he is given good news about the progress of his injury, Andy is left disturbed by what he witnessed beforehand.

Deciding to intervene, Andy attempts to speak to the woman being abused, but she is left fearful and snaps at Andy, leaving him shaken.

Katie (Sammy Winward) is concerned about Andy's mood as he returns home, but it is Sarah who ends up in the firing line when she knocks tea everywhere.

As Andy loses his temper with Sarah, could his violent outburst spell trouble for his relationship with Katie?

Emmerdale airs these scenes on Friday, August 8 on ITV.

britgirl
30-07-2014, 18:41
Didn't his violent behaviour only start when he was with Jo? Nothing happened when he was with Katie before then? I seem to remember Andy blaming Katie for his temper when she went over to see him after Jo left. But nothing happened when he was with Bernice and Kerry. I am beginning to wonder where this will go...

lizann
30-07-2014, 21:33
Didn't his violent behaviour only start when he was with Jo? Nothing happened when he was with Katie before then? I seem to remember Andy blaming Katie for his temper when she went over to see him after Jo left. But nothing happened when he was with Bernice and Kerry. I am beginning to wonder where this will go...

or alicia

lizann
30-07-2014, 21:33

or alicia

britgirl
31-07-2014, 17:05
Yeah I had forgotten he was also with Alicia. I'm wondering where ED will go with this? I'm trying to figure out how they will reason his behaviour.

tammyy2j
31-07-2014, 21:33
Debbie or Cain will kill him if he slaps Sarah

britgirl
02-08-2014, 09:13
Something I did consider but might not even be the reason. The relationships with Jo and Katie were full on and love, whereas Bernice, Alicia and Kerry weren't as serious. Perhaps they might suggest it only happens when he's in love, and his fear of people doing what Katie did to him makes him resentful. He's tried ignoring it, but over time, he finds he cannot control his anger and this makes him lash out.

I know Andy isn't innocent himself, and that my theory is probably incorrect, but I really want to know how ED will carry this out.

Anyone have any other thoughts?

britgirl
02-08-2014, 09:13
Something I did consider but might not even be the reason. The relationships with Jo and Katie were full on and love, whereas Bernice, Alicia and Kerry weren't as serious. Perhaps they might suggest it only happens when he's in love, and his fear of people doing what Katie did to him makes him resentful. He's tried ignoring it, but over time, he finds he cannot control his anger and this makes him lash out.

I know Andy isn't innocent himself, and that my theory is probably incorrect, but I really want to know how ED will carry this out.

sarah c
02-08-2014, 20:00

So if Andy feels he really has something to lose, then that is when he lashes out??

I think that's what you're saying? He if has something worth losing then he defends it at all costs even if perversely that means hurting the very person he loves and doesn't want to lose?

sarah c
02-08-2014, 20:00

So if Andy feels he really has something to lose, then that is when he lashes out??

I think that's what you're saying? He if has something worth losing then he defends it at all costs even if perversely that means hurting the very person he loves and doesn't want to lose?

lizann
02-08-2014, 22:40

he loved alicia and debbie

lizann
02-08-2014, 22:40

he loved alicia and debbie

britgirl
02-08-2014, 22:52
Sorry, I don't explain things very well. It's hard putting into words what goes on in my head sometimes.

Something like that, yes, but I think his lashing out is his frustration and his lack of control. Katie slept with Robert, and perhaps he never fully got over it. (I know Andy is no angel and cheated on her later but I'm ignoring that for now).
He's tried to move on but it still lurks in the back of his mind. He had no control over her cheating, and his abuse of Jo can be a form of control as she kept it secret. He did tell Katie it was her fault he was abusive when she met him after Jo's departure, remember?
So Bernice, Kerry and Alicia weren't full on as he didn't want to risk his heart and he was in control. But somehow he always goes back to Katie, whether right or wrong, and he's probably never fully gotten over what she did.

But he's probably worrying he could hurt Katie like he's hurt Jo, and ultimately he pushes Katie away. They've always been close; even when she had trouble with her relationship with Declan, she chose to be with him rather than talk to her husband. Remember the punch ups between them?

Back to my original idea. It's true for Andy that he blames Katie for his anger issues and inability to fully trust and relinquish control again. Which is why unless he gets himself sorted I could never see a future for them.

As I have said it's just a thought. :)

britgirl
02-08-2014, 22:52
Sorry, I don't explain things very well. It's hard putting into words what goes on in my head sometimes.

Something like that, yes, but I think his lashing out is his frustration and his lack of control. Katie slept with Robert, and perhaps he never fully got over it. (I know Andy is no angel and cheated on her later but I'm ignoring that for now).
He's tried to move on but it still lurks in the back of his mind. He had no control over her cheating, and his abuse of Jo can be a form of control as she kept it secret. He did tell Katie it was her fault he was abusive when she met him after Jo's departure, remember?
So Bernice, Kerry and Alicia weren't full on as he didn't want to risk his heart and he was in control. But somehow he always goes back to Katie, whether right or wrong, and he's probably never fully gotten over what she did.

But he's probably worrying he could hurt Katie like he's hurt Jo, and ultimately he pushes Katie away. They've always been close; even when she had trouble with her relationship with Declan, she chose to be with him rather than talk to her husband. Remember the punch ups between them?

Back to my original idea. It's true for Andy that he blames Katie for his anger issues and inability to fully trust and relinquish control again. Which is why unless he gets himself sorted I could never see a future for them.

As I have said it's just a thought. :)

sarah c
03-08-2014, 15:58
And with debbie his kids are everything, and with katie he lost a baby?

So maybe that's why katie us the stem of everything for him?

britgirl
04-08-2014, 07:39
Yes. He wants something that he knows is bad for him, but things happen in life and he needs to work on it or he will never be able to have a lasting relationship.

Perdita
01-09-2014, 05:04
Emmerdale's Andy Sugden makes a life-changing decision this week as he plans to propose to his ex-wife Katie Addyman following their recent reunion.

Andy believes it's the right time to make a renewed commitment to Katie (Sammy Winward), but his proposal idea doesn't go according to plan - and it seems that the shocks are only just beginning when his foster brother Robert gets in touch unexpectedly!

Digital Spy recently caught up with Kelvin Fletcher, who plays Andy, to hear more about this week's episodes and why there's big drama ahead for his character over the next few months.

Are you glad that the writers have made the decision to reunite Andy and Katie?
"Yeah, I am glad - partly on the viewers' behalf, really! For years now, Emmerdale fans have come up to me and said, 'I wish Andy would get back with Katie'. They were childhood sweethearts who went their separate ways and had other relationships which didn't really work out, so to see them rekindle their love is great. They have a lot of history there and they are great for one another.

"As an actor, you also think selfishly as you just want a good, challenging storyline for yourself. I'm pleased to be working with Sammy again and I'm really looking forward to the next six months of storylines, as it's going to be huge."

Even though they've had some trouble recently, do you think Andy and Katie are made for each other?
"I think they are. Soaps are quite famous for those couples who just seem to go hand-in-hand. It's great that viewers have seen Andy and Katie in the past as teenagers who were head over heels in love with each other, before getting married and going through some ups and downs.

"What's unique about their relationship is that people have really sympathised with both characters. They've forgiven mistakes that both characters have made, even though they've often been foolish ones. Andy and Katie are hopefully going to prove that they can forgive and forget too."

Why does Andy decide that it's the perfect time to propose this week?
"Andy is notoriously insecure. He longs for the feeling of being wanted and needed. He obviously has his two children who he adores, but he wants more than that.

"It all starts when Sarah makes a flippant remark about them all being a happy family unit together. Andy expects Katie to say, 'Slow down Sarah, we're not there yet!', but actually it doesn't freak her out at all. The fact that Katie doesn't react badly is reassuring for Andy. She doesn't run a million miles, which pleases him and gives him that reassurance that he's been hoping for."

As Kelvin, do you think he might be rushing into it?
"I guess the groundwork's already done and they already know each other really well, but Andy does get close advice from Victoria and Diane. They very wisely remind Andy of what he's been through with Katie in the past. They remind him that things haven't always worked out and maybe they're not meant to be together, but Andy is quite defiant as always.

"Andy says that he knows the relationship feels right and things seem to be going right for him at the moment. Andy is also pleased that Katie has recently stuck with him through thick and thin with his arm injury. I think the planned proposal is a good move for Andy, as he does need that family unit and bond. He's a better person when he has that."

Lots goes wrong when it comes to Andy's proposal! Were the scenes fun to film?
"Yeah, they were quite funny to film. Any proposal is always a bit tricky to play. In real life it's probably one of the most daunting questions the majority of men will ever ask, so as an actor you want to do it justice.

"Andy's obviously very nervous about asking the question. He comes up with a romantic gesture, but suddenly everything starts to go wrong for him! He has a ring hidden in a birthday cake for Katie. Andy feels that's quite romantic, but then suddenly the cake is eaten by his ex-girlfriend Bernice and they're going to have to wait until she goes to the toilet to get the ring back!

"What starts out as quite a comical light-hearted gesture suddenly turns into a bit of a joke in the village, which is embarrassing for Andy. He's definitely a bit worried when it all goes wrong!"

We'll have to wait and see what happens between Andy and Katie, but would you like to film another soap wedding episode?
"Yeah I would. It's always great to be involved in a soap wedding. Weddings and funerals are the one time the whole cast comes together. It's always great to get a chance to work with cast members who you might not work with for the rest of the year. Weddings are fun-filled days and you can have a bit of banter.

"I think it'd be a great spectacle if Andy and Katie could tie the knot again - it'd be nice to see Sarah as a little bridesmaid and Jack as a page boy!"

How does Andy react when he gets a text message from Robert this week?
"It's just complete shock and disbelief. Andy is baffled as to why Robert has got in touch after all of these years. The last time Andy spoke to Robert was at Jack's funeral, and he didn't really speak to him much there. The last time they were properly in contact with each other, it was tragic and a poor lad died because of those two.

"Andy and Robert hated each other, but there was also a strong bond between them despite everything that happened. There's still a link of love there which Andy still probably feels.

"Andy is also annoyed with Victoria as she triggers the text message by getting in touch with Robert herself. At a time when everything is going right for Andy and he's thinking about proposing, Robert pops up in his mind again - and it brings back a lot of bad memories of why he and Katie broke up in the first place!"

Lots of people are speculating that Robert being mentioned in the scripts could mean he's returning… Do you think it's possible or are the fans getting carried away?
"I think fans do get carried away sometimes, but that reaction shows how great it would be to see the character of Robert return. There's a lot of history there and there is scope for him to come back - the implications would be massive. It'd be interesting to see how he's changed over the years and how he'd react to the news that Andy and Katie are back together.

"I think a lot of the viewers would like to see it happen, but if it does, would it jeopardise Andy and Katie's happy ever after? I'm sure the producers will come up with the right idea whatever happens!"

Do you think Andy will continue to struggle with his anger issues?
"I think for people who are that way inclined, they'll always have demons to fight - and Andy especially. Living in Emmerdale doesn't help as there's always something going on and somebody to annoy him! (Laughs.) But I think Andy just needs to take a deep breath and handle situations in the best way he sees. He can't forget that he's a role model to his kids and he has responsibilities in life.

"There'll be times where Andy just wants to explode and take all his anger out, but he's just got to learn from his past. His anger management will help him and there's some situations that crop up soon where you'd expect Andy to erupt like a volcano, but he keeps it together. He's maturing as a person."

You mentioned that the next six months of stories will be big for you, so are you excited for what's coming up?
"I am really excited. I spoke to our producer Kate Oates at the beginning of the year and she outlined a few things that would be happening, including the Bernice storyline, Andy getting back with Katie and what that would lead to. It's been very exciting to hear all of that, and to be at the forefront of the show's storylines for the next few months is really exciting.

"I've seen future scripts and without giving too much away, there's some brilliant stuff coming up - not just for my storylines but for the whole show too. There's some big stories, some challenging storylines and some entertaining ones too. There's a really good mix and I think it's going to be a really good finish to the year.

"I'm looking forward to filming all of that, and to use the old cliché, getting my teeth stuck into some really challenging scripts."

Emmerdale won Best Soap at the Inside Soap Awards last year. Do you think it's in with a good chance at this year's ceremony next month?
"Yeah, I think it's got an even bigger chance with the storylines of late! I think Emmerdale's in a really good position at the moment and has been for a few years now. I don't get too worried about the awards because if we don't win, I don't think we should feel too dejected. You can still be proud of what you're producing and the best feedback you can get is when you meet people who watch the show. It's all about keeping the general public happy.

"It'll be great if Emmerdale and some of the actors could win, but I won't be too worried if we don't!"

britgirl
14-10-2014, 09:30
Emmerdale Spoilers: Andy & Katie to wed at Christmas! Baby news? Kelvin Fletcher & Sammy Winward spill! INTERVIEW

We recently met up with Emmerdale actors Kelvin Fletcher and Sammy Winward to talk about what lies ahead for their respective characters, Andy Sugden and Katie Macey…

And the exciting news is that Andy and Katie are set to wed at Christmas in what promises to be a heart-warming but dramatic festive plotline, given that Robert Sugden – who’s played by Ryan Hawley – is back in the village and living at Home Farm with his fiancé, Chrissie White, who’s played by Louise Marwood.

As long-term fans of Emmerdale will know, the animosity between Robert and Andy is long-standing, and it began when Robert’s father Jack Sugden adopted Andy, and Robert soon found himself in the unenviable position of being the cuckoo in his own nest as it became clear that Jack doted on Andy far more than he did Robert.

Then the rivalry between Robert and Andy escalated when Robert slept with Katie on her and Andy’s wedding night.

So as we’ll see when Robert returns in upcoming episodes, Andy isn’t overjoyed to see him, and the feeling is most definitely mutual.

We’ll have more news and spoilers about that soon, but first, here’s what Sammy and Kelvin had to say about Katie and Andy’s yuletide wedding to us and other members of the press who attended the show’s studios in Leeds recently.

Q: Katie and Andy are going to get married at Christmas aren’t they? What can you tell us about that?

Sammy: Well we haven’t filmed it yet, but I have had a wedding dress fitting today. I can’t tell you much about it but I can tell you that it’s the very first one I tried on and it’s different…

Q: How different is it going to be from Katie’s last wedding to Declan?

Sammy: Very different because Andy and Katie have no money at all, so it’s very much a budget wedding, but it will be much more meaningful.

Q: How does it feel to be at the centre of the big Christmas storylines?

Kelvin: It’s great but it is an added pressure. But Sammy and I just hope we can do it justice!

And I hope that Katie and Andy do get their happy ever after. They’ve both been through so much and now it’s come full-circle for them, so it is the one time when I hope they end up just happy.

But of course, the arrival of Robert, Chrissie and Lawrence couldn’t have come at a worse time for Andy and Katie. So you’ll have to wait and see what happens.

Q: Is there any chance we could hear baby news for Andy and Katie?

Kelvin: Quite possibly, I mean, Andy’s got in him hasn’t he?

Sammy: There is a possibility that Katie can have babies, but it’s very unlikely after her accident when she fell down the mineshaft…

But yes, there is a possibility, and it would be good actually…

Kelvin: Yes, it’s about time actually. Andy hasn’t had a kid for a couple of years! But having said that, Katie does see Andy’s kids as being like her own anyway., but having a baby of their own would be the icing on the cake.

I mean, they could get their own farm, they’ll be married, they’ve got little Jack and Sarah, so it would complete their family unit. But even if they didn’t have a baby of their own, they’re a solid little family.

Sammy: I think Katie’s over wanting kids actually. She’s kind of got used to it and accepted that it probably won’t ever happen, so she loves Andy’s kids like their her own.

Would you like to see Katie and Andy get their happy ever after and maybe even have a baby of their own?

Or are you hoping that Robert is going to dramatically step in and ruin things for them yet again?

Perdita
15-04-2015, 10:35
It was the end of an era on Emmerdale earlier this year as Andy Sugden was left devastated by the death of his beloved wife Katie, bringing their time together to a tragic conclusion more than 13 years after they first dated as childhood sweethearts.

Following his challenging few months on screen as Andy, Kelvin Fletcher is now in the running for the Best Actor prize at the British Soap Awards 2015, appearing in the longlist alongside 14 other popular faces from the soap world.

Digital Spy recently caught up with Kelvin for a chat about his nomination, what the future holds for Andy, and the dark secret which still surrounds Katie's death.

How does it feel to be up for Best Actor this year?
"I was thrilled to learn the news. To have been put forward for Best Actor and to receive positive comments and recognition like that is quite a privilege, really.

"Hopefully I'll make the shortlist and do alright on the night, but I'm just happy with the nomination and I'm not really holding my breath. I'm up against some good talent, and as it's the longlist, the viewers have obviously got a lot of options to choose from. Ultimately I was happy with my performances in Andy's recent storylines and I don't think an award is needed to cement that, but if I was to get one, I'd be absolutely thrilled."

When did you find out you were up for it?
"I only found out a couple of days before it went out to the general public, so I was made up. The viewers have now got just under a week left to vote for the longlist and then it'll go down to the shortlist, with the winner revealed on the night.

"I'm pleased to be up there myself and I'm pleased for Mike Parr and Danny Miller to be up there from Emmerdale too. It's not really a competitive thing between us, as I think we've all done a worthy job and it's ultimately down to the public. I'm sure they're going to go for the character they enjoy watching the most, as they are popularity-based awards."

When you look back, which scenes are you most proud of from the past year?
"There were actually some scenes that took me by surprise when I watched them back, because on paper they hadn't been as dramatic as they turned out. I had some big scenes at the cliff edge where Andy was contemplating suicide, and also the scenes of Andy finding Katie dead and being absolutely overwhelmed with emotion and grief.

"But there were also smaller scenes, like an opening shot to one of the episodes in the attempted suicide week, where Andy was looking out across the village. Unbeknownst to everyone else at that point, he thought it'd be the last time he'd do that before he went and attempted to take his own life that night.

"I was really pleased with how that one played out. Sometimes little scenes like that can really set an episode up. On paper that scene didn't seem like much as it was just a small one, but I tried to make something of it. So probably the performances that stick out for me aren't the ones that stick out for everybody else!

"There really wasn't a great deal I had to do myself, because the whole story was pitch perfect and the scripts were brilliant. I was just the final piece of the jigsaw - probably one of the smallest pieces. There wasn't much for me to do to make it look alright!"

The emotional episode where Andy contemplated suicide had a lot of praise from fans at the time. What did you make of the reaction?
"I think there are two ways of looking at that. It's obviously very flattering to hear praise from fans, or even friends, family and work colleagues who are texting you about your performance. That's very nice, but with the suicide attempt storyline, there was also the fact that it was such a sensitive issue and there are people out there going through the same thing.

"It's probably not the exact same situation, as anyone can appreciate that what happened to Andy was extreme in typical soap style, but there are people out there who are contemplating taking their own life. That means there is an element of responsibility when exploring a storyline like that. You want to make sure that you've told the story properly. If there is somebody out there who can empathise with you, you want to reach out to those people.

"Even if it's just one person, hopefully you can stop them from making that tragic choice. If I did that, that's more inspiring than having a pat on the back and somebody saying that you've done a good job."

Emmerdale fans feel quite strongly that the show is often overlooked at award ceremonies. Do you hold out hope that could change this year?
"I'm probably naive, but I'm so enthusiastic and positive about the awards every year. I genuinely have this inner belief and I tell everyone that we will win something. I'm very proud of the show and I think what it puts out is in many ways unrivalled. In my humble opinion, I think Emmerdale is head and shoulders above the rest and when the show is on its A-Game with a big storyline, it really does stand out.

"Obviously I'm not just talking about my storylines, as there have been some great performances across the board. At the minute I think the Laurel storyline is absolutely outstanding. I think actors from any drama or film could watch that and be in awe of it. Sometimes these storylines and performances aren't always given the full credit when it comes to awards, but it's not the end of the world because there is a certain demographic that these awards suit better, with some fans being more active with voting and whatnot.

"If the show does get an award that's obviously amazing, but it's certainly not at the top of the agenda for me as an actor and I imagine it's the same for the people running the show. I think they just want to put out good, strong episodes that people can relate to and engage with. If you get an award off the back of that, then fantastic, but if you don't then you just carry on."

The world of soap moves quickly, but is it still strange for you all to have Sammy Winward (Katie) gone from the show?
"There's an element where it is strange, but like you say, time does go so quickly! It feels like an age almost since we were doing Sammy's exit scenes. Since then, the storylines have moved on and the characters move on. You want to hold on to those past moments and episodes, but the nature of soap is that things do move on.

"I think people do still miss Sammy's presence on set and around the building, though. She was such a popular girl among everyone - cast and crew. She's been a big loss to the show and there will probably be other people that we lose over the next few years as well, so it's something that you do get used to."

It's been slightly quieter for Andy recently after your dramatic few months. How much do you know about what's coming up for him?
"I don't know too much about what's coming up because I haven't spoken to our producer Kate Oates for a few weeks now. I was aware there'd be a quiet spell for him, which was a necessity, really. Being out of sight is the best thing for him at the moment. I've not really been in work for a couple of months, so I'll be very quiet on screen but it just gives that time for Andy and the audience to move on.

"To see somebody wallowing in self-pity every day can be quite repetitive and the audience can quickly get over it and start wanting a change. They'd want to see Andy brighten up a bit, but in real life that doesn't happen. For Andy to not be seen for a few weeks, then pop up and gradually get back on the right path is the way it should be played and that's what they're doing at the moment.

"As regards moving on with the next storyline, I'm not sure what the writers and storyliners have got planned but hopefully I'll be getting up to something quite soon. I think they're probably going to get me smiling again because Andy's had such a tough time lately!"

Would you like Andy to find love again this year?
"Yeah, I'd like him to find a new romance. I think new love might be a bit too much of an ask after what he's been through, but again that's sometimes what happens in real life. When somebody has been through such a low period in their life, there can be someone who's there for them as a shining light. At the time when you least expect it, you can fall madly in love with somebody else and they can drag you out of that dark spell.

"I think it would be believable if he did find someone new. I'm excited for the unknown really, as I don't really know what's coming up!"

There's been some talk of a big summer storyline for Emmerdale, so do you know whether Andy will be involved?
"I don't know whether he's going to be involved but I hope so! Like any actor, you hope that you're going to be involved in some way or another but ultimately it's a big cast of 50 or 60 people. I'm not sure who the storyline is going to circulate around - whether it'll be a couple of the cast or the majority.

"Emmerdale are obviously keen to have a really big summer and it's great that everyone is talking about it, but when you're asked questions about it, you feel a bit redundant because you can't answer with any great knowledge! I don't know much yet but if it does involve me then rest assured that I'll be giving it my all."

Would you like the truth about Robert's involvement in Katie's death to come out sooner rather than later?
"Well, I can't wait for it - if that dark secret was to come out, I think that would be amazing and I'd be so excited for that. You never know what's going to happen, but certainly for the foreseeable, it's not something that's on the agenda just yet. I'm sure when it does come out, it'll be explosive."

How far do you think Andy would go for revenge against Robert?
"Initially I'm not sure it would be about revenge, but absolute hurt because Robert has been the one person supporting him through all this. He's been like a true supportive brother and it's cemented their bond. To learn of the truth would be the ultimate betrayal and I don't know how Andy would cope.

"There also would be elements of sheer anger and Andy want to kill Robert, but I don't know if that would actually happen! Who knows how long it will take to come out and in what circumstances? All I know at the moment is that it's one of those things where the thought of playing out the scenes is really exciting."

Perdita
27-08-2015, 12:20
Emmerdale star Kelvin Fletcher has reflected on his long stint on the ITV soap, admitting that he could imagine moving on to new stuff in the future.

The actor has played Andy Sugden for nearly 20 years, but revealed that he can still imagine a time when the show isn't a part of his life.

When asked on Good Morning Britain today (August 27) if he could remember a time when he wasn't playing Andy, Fletcher said: "I do remember a time and I can quite easily imagine a time without - looking to a future without Emmerdale.

"It's a huge part of my life, it has been coming up to 20 years now. It's been very significant in my life and it's been a great opportunity and a great platform, but going forward, who knows what will come in the future, I guess."

Speaking about his embarrassment of being shown old pictures and footage, Fletcher added: "It's not great, especially at this time of the morning!

"It's like when your mum and dad are teasing the pictures from upstairs in the attic - whereas here it's on live national TV."

"Obviously I went through my adolescence on national TV, but it's great looking back. I'm very proud of some of the stories I've been given thanks to the team at Emmerdale, they've been great over the years so hopefully that will continue."

This autumn, Andy will finally discover the truth about his wife Katie's tragic demise and upcoming scenes will see him start to investigate her death.

Andy's brother Robert pushed Katie to her death in an abandoned farm building in February, but so far Aaron Livesy and Paddy Kirk are the only villagers aware of his guilt.

Fletcher said: "Emmerdale's been great. I'm very biased but I think it's in a really good place. The last two years, the storylines have been terrific and the viewing figures.

"Going forward in the next week or so, it's whether I'm going to find out about what happened to my wife Katie. It's been very exciting to film and hopefully the viewers will enjoy it as well.

"I can't give too much away because I've not seen it for a few weeks, so I don't actually know what's been on screen and what's not. I just know that there's a real chance that I'm getting closer to the truth."

Read more: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s12/emmerdale/news/a665543/emmerdales-kelvin-fletcher-i-could-imagine-a-time-without-andy-sugden.html#ixzz3k0syhgag

Hopefully he is not going to leave, I like his character

mariba
27-08-2015, 13:45
I like Andy too. Always have. He has his dark side too, which makes him interesting too. He should be with Debbie now. Amy would have been good for him too.

maidmarian
27-08-2015, 14:09
I like Andy too. Always have. He has his dark side too, which makes him interesting too. He should be with Debbie now. Amy would have been good for him too.

I dont think."interesting" is the word everyone
would apply to a wife -beater.!

maidmarian
27-08-2015, 14:09

tammyy2j
27-08-2015, 14:12
I prefer Robert to him now

mariba
27-08-2015, 14:18

Well-we are in the soap land and there we do need such interesting characters like murderers and wife beaters too! Would be damn boring if they were all model citizens. ;)

mariba
27-08-2015, 14:18

Well-we are in the soap land and there we do need such interesting characters like murderers and wife beaters too! Would be damn boring if they were all model citizens. ;)

maidmarian
27-08-2015, 14:41

Of course we have extremes of behaviour in
soaps!! Because extremes are part of life
and should be reflected. Its the way they are
represented thats important- you need a a good
standard of acting and an end story .
If not you "normalise" extreme behaviour and
appear to condone it.

Andy is a long term character who has never
fundamentally changed -despite some supposed
"therapy" since- has very little self-control in
many areas. The term "Thugden" is perhaps a little
harsh-but not inappropriate!

Usually an extreme character comes into a soap
/ plays the role/ there is a possiblity of some
public awareness of the subject/then punishment
and exit.
Andy is still there ( despite many other offences)
but the actor is speaking of leaving at some time
in future-but not sure what other character he is
capable of! Still one-dimensional -most bad
characters do have several layers!

he may have occasional bursts of childcare and
affection but is too uncertain temprament to
be capable of anything requiring consistency!!

maidmarian
27-08-2015, 14:41
dupl

Telly Watcher
27-08-2015, 14:59
http://i2.cdnds.net/12/42/618x618/andy_sugden.jpg
© ITV
Kelvin Fletcher as Andy Sugden

http://i1.cdnds.net/15/05/618x371/soaps-emmerdale-7105-3.jpg
© ITV
Andy Sugden in Emmerdale

http://i1.cdnds.net/15/35/618x458/soaps-emmerdale-7277-3.jpg
© ITV
Aaron realises that Andy is close to the truth

Sorry, but I really have never liked Andy. His wooden acting skills switch from just goofy grin to flipside serious face.

I'm actually really surprised he's lasted this long since he started in Emmerdale in 1996. Having rubbish scripts, including just saying "Katie" for what seemed like ages is just not enough to carry you far in the acting world outside Emmerdale, I reckon. The strong silent type isn't usually the one that goes far in the acting world. Physically, his big arms carry him but that's it.

Andy is yet another Emmerdale bad lad and killer. He killed his foster mother in a barn fire he started in 2000 and has done other really bad things too over nearly 20 years.

And, of course, he dated Debbie and had a baby by her. Debbie, of course, used him as just another local lad for big regrets later, there are so many by now in 2015. Always one for the bad lads was Debbie.

Sorry, Andy, but if you want to go elsewhere then go ahead.

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andy_Sugden

mariba
27-08-2015, 15:42
Quite nasty words in the end...It's ok to like or dislike the character but getting personal is a step too far,no need for that. In my opinion.

Serena Williams
31-08-2015, 21:58
Is Andy supposed to an idiot or a bit dim? I am serious Andy seems a bit slow is he supposed to be seen by the audience as a dumb jock? He just seems very stupid.

maidmarian
31-08-2015, 22:21
Is Andy supposed to an idiot or a bit dim? I am serious Andy seems a bit slow is he supposed to be seen by the audience as a dumb jock? He just seems very stupid.

I will preface my answer by saying I don't
like the character. I didnt when he was a child
- which is unusual for me -as I dont often
take against child actors -on the grounds they
should be receiving more guidance/direction
than an adult actor.If they are not playing
the part well then they may not have the talent/
but they have been miscast!

Whatever his thought processes/IQ is meant to
be- it has been the same since he started.
No specific explanation has been given?
Apart from fact he had a poor childhood
before Jack &Sarah adopted him.
So viewer left to come to.own conclusions!!

They over - compensated and his behaviour
not correected.He set fire to a buliding
Sarah was in-she died-but Jack took blame
and went to prison.

Always had problems controlling temper
( including wife-beating) . Strike first - think
later!
It has been rumoured when he finds out
the" truth" about Katies death - he will
take extreme action against Robert.
If that happens I hope he is also punished
as he has got away with thuggish behaviour
for many years.!!

maidmarian
31-08-2015, 22:21
dupl

mariba
01-09-2015, 00:02
Complex characters are needed in soaps. But Andy has softer side too which makes him likable.
I don't see him as dumb, he's like Jason in Corrie.

Telly Watcher
01-09-2015, 01:14
Kelvin Fletcher (Andy) has been in Emmerdale for 19 years (from 1996 as a 10yo boy character) and he's done some bad things too, although not recently. In 2004, Andy did try to shoot Robert (then played by actor Karl Davies) for living with Andy's wife Katie in a caravan but he shot and nearly killed his adoptive father Jack instead. At the time, Andy was a worse character than Robert but now there seems to be a role reversal and New Robert (Ryan Hawley) is the nasty one. However, a leopard never changes its spots and all that, so maybe angry Andy comes through as before in scenes coming up soon on TV.

Andy and Robert are two of my least liked characters in Emmerdale.

Videos from 2004 showing Andy shooting Jack Sugden can be seen on YouTube at:

Emmerdale Classic - Jack Sugden got shot (Part 1)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ht0A279hTho

Emmerdale Classic - Jack Sugden got shot (Part 2)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1b0SgVMEhmU

Andy's History:

Marriages Kate Addyman (divorced), Jo Stiles (separated) Children Sarah 1996 Enters the village as Andy Hopwood, temporarily in the care of Jack and Sarah Sugden when his gran finds it hard to cope. Nearly dies after falling into a quarry. Later fostered by Jack and Sarah after his gran dies, as his mum is dead and his dad's in prison. 1997 Becomes a troublemaker at school and is suspended for hitting a teacher. Goes to live with dad Billy Hopwood, who's been released from jail. 1998 Neglected by Billy, he returns to the Sugdens. Billy later reappears and robs the post office, killing Vic Windsor. 1999 Runs away to Leeds to escape bullying. Schoolmates Donna and Kelly help track him down and bring him home. Officially adopted by Jack and Sarah. 2000 Jack and Sarah split after Sarah starts an affair with lodger Richie Carter. Andy torches the barn to help Jack claim on the insurance and pay off debts, but accidentally kills Sarah, who's in the barn with Richie. 2001 Kathy takes on Andy and his adopted siblings Robert and Victoria while Jack is on remand accused of the arson attack. Robert discovers Andy's role in the fire. Jack's case collapses and he's released. 2002 The family move to the village after Jack is forced to sell the farm. Andy dates schoolgirl Katie and she becomes pregnant. Leaves school and struggles to get a job. Katie loses the baby and Andy proposes. 2003 Takes on Butler's Farm tenancy with Katie. Discovers he has a half-brother, Daz, who is a real handful, but takes him in. 2004 Andy and Katie marry. Katie tries to leave him and Robert announces that he and Katie have been having an affair. Tries to shoot Robert, but hits Jack by accident and almost kills him. Starts seeing schoolgirl Debbie Dingle and is beaten up by her furious dad Cain. 2005 Finishes with Debbie, who is secretly pregnant with his baby. Stunned when she gives birth to his daughter, Sarah. Robert is jealous of Andy's close relationship with Jack and torches Andy's barn. Robert tries to kill Andy by crashing into his car. Debbie lets Emily Kirk take Sarah away from the village. 2006 Katie returns to the village and they are reunited. Emily comes back with baby Sarah and Andy and Katie take the baby in when she's rejected by Debbie. Andy is seduced by scheming minx Jo and has an affair. 2007 Katie divorces him. When Victoria becomes determined to find out the truth about her mother's death, he confesses to setting fire to the barn in which Sarah died and is convicted of manslaughter. 2008 Marries Jo in prison. Released on appeal in March but now he's an angry young man. He's unhappy with just about everything Jo's done and starts hitting her. When his family and friends see what he's become, he tries to kill himself but Diane stops him. Jo leaves Sarah with the Dingles and gets out of Emmerdale. 2009 Gets Sarah back and moves Maisie Wylde into Butler's Farm. She soon leaves and Andy starts to lose everything: first Sarah, then his mind and, finally, the farm. Diagnosed as clinically depressed. 2010 With Katie's help finally tries to get his anger problems sorted out, but gets the wrong idea that they could have a future together.

Played by Kelvin Fletcher

Read more at: http://www.whatsontv.co.uk/emmerdale/characters/andy-sugden

maidmarian
01-09-2015, 01:47
Complex characters are needed in soaps. But Andy has softer side too which makes him likable.
I don't see him as dumb, he's like Jason in Corrie.

Yes -soaps do need complex characters but I
wouldnt say Andy was one such.
Im not sure what his intelligence level is meant
ti be-but to me his one over-riding personality
trait is a lack of self-control. This means to
me he is still the same as when a child-tantrums
when things dont suit -only now he is an adult
bigger and stronger so physical consequences
potentially more serious. Without the deeper
thought most adults are capable of.

Everyone finds character believable or otherwise
based on their experiences etc. But to me-
he is very predictable-though he does these
bad actions- without planning -just because
they dont suit. So boring!

As I have said in another post he does have
occasional attempts at childcare but they would
come second if he was obsessed about something
else. My personal opinion is someone of such
a volatile temprament shouldnt have care of children.

maidmarian
01-09-2015, 01:47
dupl

mariba
01-09-2015, 08:04
They all have volatile temperaments in soapland! When something else comes up, kids are forgotten!!! :D :D When have we last seen Bob's twins for example..or Noah?....Some mysterious childminder is looking after the soap kids..

Kim
01-09-2015, 08:19
We did see Bob's twins quite recently actually, June/July maybe. Though they have been off screen for 4 years straight before, I'm sure.

I think Andy is supposed to be a bit dim, but that they try to mix it up a bit (otherwise they'd have two Sams.) Violence and statutory rape (which it was with Debbie) are things that Sam would never do.

maidmarian
01-09-2015, 08:52
They all have volatile temperaments in soapland! When something else comes up, kids are forgotten!!! :D :D When have we last seen Bob's twins for example..or Noah?....Some mysterious childminder is looking after the soap kids..

A lot of soap characters are easy -going
and the vast majority dont beat their partners
or commit serious sexual offences.

There are a lot of "relationships" and a
lot of unplanned pregnancies but most
are consensual and non-violent.

Its the violence / lack of normal thought
and continued pattern over years that
makes Andy unacceptable( imo)
Other characters have committed murders
and other serious crimes but for a limited
time- then there is some punidhmenf!

maidmarian
01-09-2015, 08:52

A lot of soap characters are easy -going
and the vast majority dont beat their partners
or commit serious sexual offences.

There are a lot of "relationships" and a
lot of unplanned pregnancies but most
are consensual and non-violent.

Its the violence / lack of normal thought
and continued pattern over years that
makes Andy unacceptable( imo)
Other characters have committed murders
and other serious crimes but for a limited
time- then there is some punishment!

Also most soap characters of his disposition
dont have young children!

mariba
01-09-2015, 09:50
Well maybe I'm too busy with my own life and just don't bother thinking too deep into the soap characters minds then! 😁 They are fine to me - some I like more than others that's as deep as it goes.

maidmarian
01-09-2015, 10:47
Well maybe I'm too busy with my own life and just don't bother thinking too deep into the soap characters minds then! �� They are fine to me - some I like more than others that's as deep as it goes.

Everyone bases their opinions on their own
experiences -as I said in one post.
I dont think a few mins to make a post
encroaches on anyones busy lives and the
thoughts occur as you watch .
Dislikes/likes are mostly instinctive !!

To me- Andy is so obvious it doesnt need
deep thought- particularly as the character
appears incapable of it!!!
Just good its not real life - with real people
and real children

maidmarian
01-09-2015, 10:47
Dupl

lizann
03-09-2015, 23:59
could there be more to andy and aaron friendship other than aaron's guilt, robert enemy and brother with his ex :p

maidmarian
04-09-2015, 00:12
:hmm:
could there be more to andy and aaron friendship other than aaron's guilt, robert enemy and brother with his ex :p

that might involve thinking???
Andy -hitting out -yes
Andy -thinking??:hmm:??

Telly Watcher
04-09-2015, 01:05

Kelvin Fletcher (31yo) vs Danny Miller (24yo)

Not exactly the right ages for father-son, but more like older brother-younger brother maybe.

Kelvin Fletcher has said in interview before that he has a big gay following, gay friends and would like to have a gay acting role at some time.

So, could there be an Aaron/Andy (Arandy) fling someday?

>
Emmerdale's Kelvin Fletcher says "it's every lad's fantasy" to date a cougar
06:00, 24 June 2014
By Rod McPhee

The latest plot twist – which sees his character Andy Sugden become Bernice Blackstock’s toyboy – has really fired up actor Fletcher’s imagination

The former Oldham Theatre workshop student, who started training to be an actor when he was just seven years old, says he would be quite happy to play a gay role if the opportunity arose.

“I would totally do it,” he insists. “I wouldn’t hesitate. In fact I think I’d quite enjoy it. I like the idea of doing a part which, as a straight guy, is really different to me.

“I’d just see doing a gay kiss, and a gay role, as something different. Plus I have plenty of gay mates, so I could probably practice with them.”

But until a man-on-man part presents itself, Kelvin must contend with being caught in the middle of Andy’s new squeeze and his old flame on Emmerdale.

>

Source:
http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/emmerdales-kelvin-fletcher-says-its-3751934

Telly Watcher
04-09-2015, 01:08

:hmm:

that might involve thinking???
Andy -hitting out -yes
Andy -thinking??:hmm:??

Kelvin Fletcher described his view of Andy in a 2011 Daily Mirror interview. (My underlining):

>
Kelvin thinks his character is misunderstood – although he doesn’t agree with some of his choices.

“I’ve grown up with Andy so I understand him,” he says. “I don’t condone the bad things he’s done but he’s not evil. He’s just a stupid, angry lad.

“I feel very protective of him. When you look at everything he’s been through along the way, who wouldn’t have a few problems?
>

Full interview here:

>
Emmerdale's Kelvin Fletcher aka Andy Sugden: I love my gay following
00:00, 18 February 2011
Updated 20:16, 26 January 2012
By Mirror.co.uk

His toned torso, rugged good looks and bulging biceps have made him one of soap’s hottest stars.

And Emmerdale’s Kelvin Fletcher has more than his fair share of admiring fans off-screen as well.

The 26-year-old plays troubled Andy Sugden who has bedded some of the show’s sexiest women – and in the months ahead there is more to come.

After being suspected of arson, this week’s powerful episodes saw the hot-headed farmer turning hero as he risked his life to rescue his first love Katie (played by Sammy Winward) from her infatuated boyfriend Nick Henshall.

Tonight’s dramatic scenes result in Andy being brought back into the village fold – and next month he starts a steamy affair with a new woman.

But despite all the female attention, actor Kelvin reckons it’s being fancied by real-life gay blokes that gives him the most satisfaction.

The straight star, who has just been photographed for gay magazine Attitude, laughs: “It’s dead flattering isn’t it? I have got a big gay following. I actually find it more flattering when a bloke comes on to you than a woman. I’ve even found myself flirting back sometimes!”

It’s easy to see why Kelvin is so popular.

Cheerful and chatty, he is down to earth with a body to die for.

As well as working out with weights three or four times a week, he regularly cycles 60 miles at a time and is also a massive rugby league fan.

Today, dressed in his off-duty jogging pants and tight T-shirt, his hard work has clearly paid off.

BUT despite appearances, Kelvin, who is single after splitting from long-term girlfriend Liz Marsland, is far from vain.

“I find it funny that I’m a pin-up,” he blushes. “People seem to always mention my body these days and I suppose I have changed but I look just like all my mates – the only difference is, I’m on TV.

“I’m like most people. I keep fit for myself. I’m not religious about it but I like to get to the gym whenever I can.

“When I’m out and about, I never get chatted up by women in an obvious way. Saying that, I do seem to get these groups of girls coming up to me when I’m out and then suddenly you’re getting your bum pinched!”

Emmerdale producers are keen to tap into the “sexy Sugden” effect too.

Kelvin smiles: “There have been times recently when I’ve had to take my top off on screen and I’ve thought, ‘Bloody hell, I look all right there’.

“I just wish they’d give me a bit more notice so I could get the fake tan on! Don’t get me wrong – I’m not vain but when I’m older I hope I’ll look back and think I looked OK a couple of times. Who wouldn’t at my age?”

So what do his mates think of his hunky sex symbol status?

KELVIN says: “They love it that Andy gets all these fit women.

“Although they’re very jealous that this is what I get to do at work.

“But most of my friends aren’t actors so they don’t take it that seriously.

“I’ve still got the same friends I’ve always had. I would be mortified if I ever heard anyone saying, ‘Do you know who I am?’, let alone me. I would find that really embarrassing.

“So I think people are shocked when they meet me because I’m not what they expect. I don’t see myself as a celeb, I’m just a normal bloke.”

Kelvin has come a long way since joining the show in 1996 as foster kid Andy.

Back then he was a geeky-looking 12-year-old, with a skinny frame and a “curtains” hairdo.

And from being a shy, awkward boy Andy has grown up to become a troubled man – with a fiery temper.

Looking back at some of his old pictures, he bursts out laughing as he says: “Oh my god, I see these and cringe.

“I mean, look at his clothes – what were they thinking of? I even look like I had a full-on perm at one stage.

“It sounds corny but I really have grown up on the show. Most people have got a few dodgy photographs tucked away from when they were younger – but mine have been seen by eight million viewers every night so it’s a lot harder to live them down.

“People make a big fuss, as if I’ve suddenly changed and bulked up, but they forget I’ve been on the show since I was 12. I’m bound to have changed.”

Like a lot of child actors, he came in for some flak from schoolmates at the time.

“You get name-calling but what can you do? You’d end up fighting everybody if you try to take them all on,” he explains. “So you just have to accept it.

“It’s weird because although you’re a child you’re expected to behave like an adult – to be professional and do a good job – so you do grow up quickly.

“But I could never fall into that trap of saying what I do for a living is really tiring. I’m very lucky in that respect.

“Compared to some of the jobs my mates do – like being a builder or a paramedic – it’s really not that tough at all.

“And I’m still that same person I always was, you just get used to being recognised.

“It’s something that has been happening to me every day for years.

“Usually I’m filling up the car or buying something for my tea when people come up and want to say hello. It is part of the job and it’s great that people think so much of the show but it’s nice to get a break.

“I was in Los Angeles recently and I loved the fact that people were chatting to me because they liked me, rather than because I’m in a TV show.”

He’s clearly comfortable in his own skin now but, during his teenage years, Kelvin considered leaving the show – and quitting acting altogether.

He recalls: “I thought about having a career change because I’d only ever known acting but I didn’t know what else I would do!

“But I did my fair share of rebelling in my teens and had fun playing pranks on people. But don’t worry – I’ve calmed down a bit now.”

Kelvin might have chilled out away from the cameras but there’s nothing calm about his on-screen alter ego.

He says: “Andy’s a real hot-head and the complete opposite to me. I just haven’t got a temper at all.

“It’s quite good fun being him – I get to let off some steam and act out all these angry scenes.

“In real life people assume I’m like Andy. If I’m out they’ll be looking at me thinking I’m the one who’ll kick off – but I’m always the peaceful one.”

Kelvin thinks his character is misunderstood – although he doesn’t agree with some of his choices.

“I’ve grown up with Andy so I understand him,” he says. “I don’t condone the bad things he’s done but he’s not evil. He’s just a stupid, angry lad.

“I feel very protective of him. When you look at everything he’s been through along the way, who wouldn’t have a few problems?

“That’s why his storylines with Katie have been so great.

“She’s the only person left now who has known him since he was young.”

As he talks through the storylines, it’s clear that Kelvin is an Emmerdale veteran now – but he doesn’t plan to roam the Dales forever.

“Don’t get me wrong, I would never think I was too good for the show but there are other things I would like to try in the future,” he says.

“I’ll always be indebted to Emmerdale and I hope at some point it will lead me to try something else...”

Source:
http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/emmerdales-kelvin-fletcher-aka-andy-111312

Gay magazine Attitude made a gym working-out video for Kelvin Fletcher. See at:
http://www.yourepeat.com/watch/?v=_vZ7n3Kjnzk

Telly Watcher
15-09-2015, 22:30
Does Andy shoot Robert? "He wants to get rid of him," says Emmerdale actor Kelvin Fletcher

Andy will discover the truth about Katie's death - but does this result in him trying to kill Robert?

http://images.radiotimes.com/namedimage/Does_Andy_shoot_Robert___He_wants_to_get_rid_of_hi m___says_Emmerdale_actor_Kelvin_Fletcher.jpg?quali ty=85&mode=crop&width=620&height=374&404=tv&url=/uploads/images/original/85660.JPG

By David Brown

Andy Sugden is to fly into fierce rage next week when he finally finds out that Robert was responsible for Katie's death. But will that anger lead to him putting a bullet into his brother?

"In Andy's eyes, Robert killed Katie. And Andy has now discovered that. So Andy feels betrayed and immensely angry towards Robert for ruining the only good thing he had in his life. He's prime suspect number one," says actor Kelvin Fletcher.

Andy will be seen piecing together the clues and confronting Robert, who makes a full confession. And yet Robert - who is no stranger to a bit of deception - is soon wriggling his way out of the situation. After begin arrested on suspicion of murder, Robert tells the police that Andy made up the allegation.

"Robert has really shown his true colours. He confesses to Andy and then lies to everyone else. So Robert has proven himself to be the same callous, manipulative, lying person that he's always been. And Andy feels that the sooner he can get rid of him the better. He feels he owes it to Katie."

Events come to a head in the episode airing on Friday 25 September when, during a surprise late-night ambush, Robert is shot and left critically ill. Yet despite the dramatic nature of the plotline, it seems that the cast of Emmerdale still found time to have fun behind the scenes.

"Night shoots are great," says Fletcher, in reference to the moment when the villagers converge on the scene of the shooting. "They always feel quite mischievous and naughty because you're out working while everyone else is in bed. And there's a sense of nostalgia too because when you're doing a night shoot, it generally means that it's a big storyline. Everyone has to be on their A game, but you do tend to do a few more pranks than usual."

As for the solution to the mystery of who shot Robert, Emmerdale fans should be braced for something a bit different, says one of the case's prime suspects: "I can't wait for it to play put. I think it'll be a 'soap first' as to how it's revealed. What Emmerdale has in mind is unique. It'll be very exciting for viewers."

Source:
http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2015-09-15/does-andy-shoot-robert-he-wants-to-get-rid-of-him-says-emmerdale-actor-kelvin-fletcher

Telly Watcher
30-09-2015, 01:26
Emmerdale’s Kelvin Fletcher warns that Andy could take others down with Robert!

10:45am, Tuesday, 29 September 2015

http://assets.whatsontv.co.uk/whatsontv/live/styles/large/s3/images/2015/09/emmerdale,%20andy%20sugden.JPG

Angry Andy Sugden still wants revenge for Katie’s death - but Robert isn’t the only person in danger from him. Emmerdale’s Kelvin Fletcher reveals all to Soaplife!

The doctors are going to bring Robert out of his coma. How does Andy feel?
“Andy wanted Robert [Ryan Hawley] dead. He felt he had a little bit of justice when he got shot, but when he’s told that the doctors are bringing him around, he says that it would do him a world of good if he doesn’t wake up. Diane [Elizabeth Estensen] and Victoria [Isabel Hodgins] are relieved and anxious, though. Everyone is sympathising and worrying and making out that Robert is a hero and Andy doesn’t want to be around to witness it.”

How does this lead to Andy falling out with Pete?
“Pete’s agonising over his split with Debbie [Charley Webb] and confides in Andy, saying that it’s really hard not seeing the kids as he was like a dad to them. Andy takes that personally and reminds Pete [Anthony Quinlan] that he’s their dad, not Pete. He’s just venting his anger and Pete doesn’t deserve it.”

And that anger puts Pete in danger, right?
“Yes. Finn [Joe Gill] has got some motorcross vouchers for Pete’s birthday. Pete invites Andy, but he refuses because he doesn’t think he’s in the right frame of mind to do something like that. But then he has a row with Victoria over Robert and decides he might as well have some fun and agrees to join Pete.”

But what happens is not fun, is it?
“No. There’s a health and safety talk, but Andy’s too pig-headed to take any notice. He just wants to get out there on a bike and release all his anger. As soon as the talk is finished, Andy races off and Pete chases after him.”

And?
“Pete and Andy have an argument. Andy’s racing through the forest and Pete follows him. Suddenly, Andy goes through a no entry sign and crashes. He realises that if Pete follows he’s in danger, so he starts waving his arms and urging Pete to stop.”

And does he?
“I’m not saying. But Andy would be mortified if Pete got hurt. The only person he wants to see suffer is Robert. The problem is, when you’re hell-bent on getting your enemy, there’s a chance that other people will suffer…”

Read more at http://www.whatsontv.co.uk/emmerdale/news/emmerdale-s-kelvin-fletcher-warns-that-andy-could-take-others-down-with-robert

Dalesfan
08-10-2015, 22:24
I am starting to suspect Andy again. Just a couple of things that's been said has made me wonder.

Telly Watcher
10-10-2015, 15:04
I am starting to suspect Andy again. Just a couple of things that's been said has made me wonder.

Yes, this is bothering me too again, but as Andy seems to have an alibi by being at the mental health unit then this suggests that he couldn't have been the shooter but maybe was involved by setting up a 'hit' for Robert? I watched the episodes on Thursday 8th and in the 8pm one Andy is sitting by the lakeside with Pete after rescuing him. They chat and Pete tells Andy about how Pete accidentally almost killed Ross and was relieved to find out eventually that he hadn't, although his family relationships and mental health have been badly affected by this accident. He tells Andy that, based on Pete's own experiences and their consequences with Ross, Andy needs to forget about Robert.

Pete: I wanted him dead. And making it happen, it's not the same.

Andy: Why are you trusting me with this?

Pete: Because I don't want you to make the same mistake that I did.

Andy: But I don't deserve it, I almost killed you just now.

Pete: Well, it's not like you meant it to happen. And then you saved me life. So I'm repaying ya. Look, by telling you that you need to get over Robert. Well, so can you?

Andy: Pete, you should know what I've done...

Andy then gets cut off from talking more when Finn rides up to check out what happened to them on their bikes.

The scene at the end of the episode shows Andy standing next to Robert's bed in the hospital.

Andy says: "All this time I've wanted you to die, Robert. But now I need you to wake up. Because dying, that's easy. When you wake up, I'm going to do whatever it takes for Diane and Vic to realise who you are. You'll see them hate you as much as I do. You will suffer for Katie. So wake up and pay for what you've done. Because I will not let you take the easy way out."

So Pete's chat was a plot device to make Andy less hard on Robert in one way (by Robert not dying) but more hard in another (by setting up Robert to have a miserable life by being hated by the only two people who care for him, mother Diane and sister Victoria). Is this only what Duncan Lindsay in Metro on 03/09/15 meant when he wrote "prepare for the mother of all payoffs", or is there more to Andy's involvement with Robert than just this?

What did Andy mean when he said "Pete, you should know what I've done..." (about Robert?)?

I did suggest that Andy could have been involved with Robert's shooting in a previous soapboards post on 01/10/15:
>
A classic single-shooter storyline would be expected to involve a close family member (Lachlan, Andy, Chrissie, Lawrence) or former boyfriend Aaron. My choice for this person for now is Lachlan.

A while back (on 03/09/15), there was a reliable metro.co.uk spoiler (from Duncan Lindsay) which said that Andy was going to have a major "payoff". Not payback to Robert for what he's done to Andy (and others) but "payoff". Now "payoff" literally suggests some set-up and reward for someone else to "do the deed". Of course, any storyline involving a second- or third-party is a complex sort of scenario which we, as TV viewers, couldn't foresee real details of, not as far as the identity of the shooter or time and place of the shooting go. But so far, no "payoff" storyline like this has been seen for Andy. Andy's alibi during Robert's shooting (Andy was checked in to a mental health unit at the time, apparently?) only proves he wasn't in Emmerdale at the time of the shooting. But this doesn't mean that Andy didn't first set up something to happen to Robert in Andy's absence.
>
Telly Watcher post in Robert Sugden thread 01/10/15
http://www.soapboards.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?28169-Robert-Sugden&p=831921#post831921

We know from the Thursday 08/10/15 episode that Chrissie suspects Lachlan to be the shooter. (For good reasons too, what with the gun missing from the Home Farm safe, Lachlan's whereabouts that night being so far unknown, her setting Lachlan up by telling him repeatedly in the days leading up to the shooting that she wanted to to get rid of Robert, so her wishes but mothers-boy Psycho Lachlan's hand on the gun?)

I think that Lawrence also suspects Chrissie or Lachlan to be the shooter too.

Step-brother Andy would be a big shooter suspect but he seems to have an alibi by being in the mental health unit (in Hotton?), but could Andy have phoned someone to be a hitman to shoot Robert on September 25th?

I'd be really disappointed if Robert's shooter turned out to be an unknown hitman who does it just for the money (as a real hitman would). I really want Robert's shooter to be the person who hates Robert enough to 'do the deed by his/her own hand', someone like Andy/Chrissie/Lachlan/Lawrence/Aaron/Chas.

But what if Andy did set up a hitman? We know that Andy phoned Diane and Vic just before Robert got shot, so Andy was able to phone out of the mental health unit so maybe he phoned a hitman/Ross beforehand and promised money or something for Robert to be killed later that night on September 25th?

So what could have happened?

1) Andy hired/arranged for a "payoff" unknown hitman or Ross to do the shooting with a new gun that the shooter already had. Robert was carrying a new gun (or Lachlan's gun from Home Farm safe which Robert had taken for protection against a perceived threat made by Andy earlier in the afternoon on September 25th?) which dropped out onto the floor when he was shot and which Aaron then found near Chas's feet at the scene of the crime.

2) Chrissie used Ross and gave him Lachlan's gun, so Ross had Lachlan's gun, shot Robert on 25/09/15, left Emmerdale but returns on 22/10/15. (But just what was the awkward object Lachlan took from his left trouser pocket and threw into the field whilst walking home after Robert got shot on September 25th?). Robert had his own gun which fell out of his pocket when he was shot and fell forwards into Chas and it was this gun which Aaron later found when he showed up.

3) Lachlan shot Robert then threw his gun away whilst walking home from the village on September 25th. Robert was carrying a new gun which dropped out onto the floor when he was shot and which Aaron then found near Chas' feet at the scene of the crime.

Review of the Emmerdale episode for September 25th doesn't show any evidence of a gun near Chas's feet, though, so we as TV viewers/fans only have Danny Miller's interview to suggest this (and we all know, of course, that actors lie by profession when they pretend to be other people and say words which other people have written for them!), so maybe Aaron got his gun from elsewhere after all?

I think it would be unlikely that Ross could successfully break into the Home Farm safe without damaging the safe to get his old gun from it, or for Lawrence to give Ross his old gun, as these would make it too obvious that the shooter was Ross. I really can't think of any specific reason right now why Ross would do this for Andy other than for money, as Ross and Andy are not exactly best friends as far as I know and Ross doesn't have any issues with Robert himself but maybe he does 'behind the scenes' or Andy just sees Ross as a mercenary type of local guy who could be hired for help for money when needed?

Andy hasn't worked a lot lately, so would he have enough money to pay for a hitman? Ross arranged to meet Pete at the farm during the evening/night of September 25th so Pete and Moira went to the farm to meet him as Pete suspected Ross wanted to kill him, but Ross didn't show saying "somemut's come up". Was this the hit on Robert, or did Ross just come to his senses and decide to avoid Pete rather than kill him? Seeing someone else had shot Robert may have made Ross realise that he could have so easily done this to Pete and resulted in Ross being in jail for a long time?

The most likely suspects to me for Robert's shooter right now are Lachlan or Ross. Neither of these have any alibi for the night of September 25th, but Ross burst into Debbie's cottage (just 3 doors down from the Woolpack) almost immediately after Robert was shot, was dressed in hitman-black clothing, telling Debbie how he knew exactly what had happened to Robert just minutes before and then told her that he was leaving Emmerdale and going to Leeds airport to leave the country, even though he hadn't decided where he was going to go just then, but he would send money for Moses and his upbringing and how he (Ross) might never return to UK. Well just how suspect and desperate does that come across as?

The three people who seem to be really needed to explain what happened on September 25th are not available right now = Robert (in a coma in hospital!), Lachlan (gone on holiday break) and Ross (whereabouts unknown, seemingly somewhere outside UK). When one or more of these characters are available then maybe we will get some insightful answers to the mystery of Robert's shooting? Spoilers say that Ross reappears on Emmerdale on Thursday October 22nd, the same date as the 'rewind' episode. Well just how suspect is that too?

Although we have been told that the 'rewind' episode on October 22nd will show TV viewers who shot Robert and what the circumstances were for various characters then, we haven't been told if this is privileged information to just us as TV viewers or whether the Emmerdale characters/soap police find out about this too. Maybe the mystery of Robert's shooter continues for the villagers and soap police until some later date (around December 2015?)? Time will tell.

I really hope Robert's shooter storyline isn't another Ross one. If it is, this could explain how Debbie comes to leave Emmerdale when her family find out that Ross was Robert's shooter? It might also turn out then that Chas' stalker is Lachlan (but Emma seems more likely to be this to me for now)?

The latest spoilers/interviews about Charley Webb's exit storyline for maternity leave suggest that she does get involved with bad boy Ross but her friends and family cause problems over this and she ends up leaving Emmerdale (around December) fearing for her safety (from threats from her own family?). Charity is due to return to Emmerdale then, so I expect Moses will stay. Maybe Ross gets involved with another relationship with Charity then?

Scene scripts from Emmerdale episode 7315, Thursday 8 October 2015, 8pm – 8.30pm

Pete: What the hell was that? Cornering me off. Have you got a flaming death-wish. Are you mad?

Andy: Yeah, maybe. Maybe I am mad. My head's a mess. I lost it when Katie died and now I'm losing it again now I know Robert killed her. But it wasn't me killed her, he's some sort of hero. I want him dead. I want him dead badly and I'd do anything to make it happen.

Pete: I get it.

Andy: You don't.

Pete: Oh you hate him, like I said I get it.

Andy: Stop saying that. You have no idea.

Pete: Well I do because I thought I'd killed my own brother, Andy. Well I thought he was dead. I was relieved. I was sure that I wouldn't look back. I was wrong.

Andy: You don't need to say.

Pete: But you're going through the same thing now. Needing him dead but it's not to solve anything, Andy.

Andy: Pete, I don't want to hear this.

Pete: Well you think you're going mad now, that's nothing. I couldn't sleep. I couldn't function. Began hating meself too. It doesn't give you the peace of mind you think it will.

Andy: You don't know for sure. Ross is alive.

Pete: Thank God. It's the only thing that saved me if you can call it that. I've lost Debbie and the kids. I'm on anti-depressants. Me own family can hardly even look at me now.

Andy: Finn's all right.

Pete: I mean my Mum and Dad. It was my birthday today and I've never even had so much of a text. It's like they don't even recognise me anymore.

Andy: I don't think Katie would recognise me.

Pete: I wanted him dead. And making it happen, it's not the same.

Andy: Why are you trusting me with this?

Pete: Because I don't want you to make the same mistake that I did.

Andy: But I don't deserve it, I almost killed you just now.

Pete: Well, it's not like you meant it to happen. And then you saved me life. So I'm repaying ya. Look, by telling you that you need to get over Robert. Well, so can you?

Andy: Pete, you should know what I've done...

[Finn rides up on a motocross bike, asks what's happened and then goes off to get help. We aren't shown if Andy says anything further to Pete. Pete later takes the blame for the accident by telling the ridepark leader that he'd been showing off (so Andy now owes him a favour).]

The scene at the end of the second episode shows Andy standing next to Robert's bed in the hospital.

Andy:
All this time I've wanted you to die, Robert. But now I need you to wake up. Because dying, that's easy. When you wake up, I'm going to do whatever it takes for Diane and Vic to realise who you are. You'll see them hate you as much as I do. You will suffer for Katie. So wake up and pay for what you've done. Because I will not let you take the easy way out.

xx_Dan_xx
10-10-2015, 16:06
I'm conflicted as to whether he'd try and get away with it. From his anger and his publicly known opinion on Robert, does anyone else think he'd admit it if he did do it.

Telly Watcher
10-10-2015, 17:13
I'm conflicted as to whether he'd try and get away with it. From his anger and his publicly known opinion on Robert, does anyone else think he'd admit it if he did do it.

We must remember that Andy wasn't in a good place or state of mind when he decided to voluntarily check-in to the mental health unit on September 25th. There were signs that he has wanted Robert dead for quite some time. It seems unlikely to me that Andy would fully recover from his mental health problems after having been in the mental health unit for just several days. Right now, we don't know what Andy was going to tell Pete when they were sitting by the lakeside this past week on 8th October. If Andy was ready to tell Pete something like involvement with Robert's shooting then just imagine what could come out from Andy after a few pints in the Woolpack to any nearby witnesses under the right circumstances? When people say "I did that because I was drunk", what they really mean is that they did that when they were drunk, and it only came out because they were uninhibited then but it was inside them waiting to come out eventually. Similarly, if Andy sometime gets hypnotherapy or similar treatment who knows what could come out from him then? Andy has previous bad history and problems anyway. He killed his step-mother in a barn fire (in about 2000) and was also a passenger in a car joy-riding incident in which his school headteacher (also female) was killed. Andy also beat up girlfriend Jo Stiles. He also had a breakdown and lost his farm, eventually becoming a labourer for Butler's Farm and working for the Bartons. Andy has many issues, maybe not least of which is that he is not a Sugden by birth or bloodline but is a fostered child, real name Andy Hopworth. Is it any wonder then that he and Robert Sugden have issues even to the present day, when all he seems to see is that Robert has managed to outdo Andy and to do well for himself and to seemingly take everything from Andy that Andy has ever managed to get for himself in life? Andy and Robert are two opposites really. Andy is the local lad happy to settle with a wife and kids whereas Robert forever wants more and bigger and better things. As such, a clash between their personalities seems inevitable, even if means a head-to-head battle to the death.

If Andy did set something up by phone from the mental health unit on Thursday September 25th to someone's mobile phone then there would maybe be a record of this in the phone network to surface in due course. History shows that there are not many (or any?) secrets in Emmerdale which last forever, and every secret there seems to come out eventually.

Source:
Andy Sugden
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andy_Sugden

Dalesfan
10-10-2015, 17:37
Another thing about Andy. He said "if he did it" when they were talking about Lawrence. I'm pretty sure he said something similar the other day aswell.

Kim
10-10-2015, 19:00
I took it from the dialogue that Andy did something on that night that will be one of the two things revealed on that night in addition to the identity of the shooter.

His alibi for the night seemed watertight (I doubt he would be able to get someone to say that he was at a mental health unit if he wasn't, not without the police seeing through it.) I think his involvement in Robert's shooting will be putting someone else (another villager) up to it at the most, but I'm not sure he had the power to do that unless he knew something about Robert and told it to the person who would be bothered by it. Didn't Robert call a hit on Chas a while ago and then cancel it? Do any of the characters know about that? Does Andy have any money to pay anyone to shoot Robert?

I can't see it being a random hitman in any case. Emmerdale have already tricked the audience once this year in making the viewers believe that Ross was dead. They will have seen the criticism EastEnders got for Lucy's killer being absent from the list of suspects.

Telly Watcher
11-10-2015, 14:58
Another thing about Andy. He said "if he did it" when they were talking about Lawrence. I'm pretty sure he said something similar the other day aswell.

It seems like it really was Angry Andy for all of last week and even before then! (I do prefer Angry Andy to Goofy Grin Andy anytime though! lol!)

I think every Andy scene last week showed him angry, so much for the effectiveness of his stay at the mental health unit. Andy didn't restart work at Butlers Farm until Wednesday 7th and even then he didn't seem ready for that. His anger on the Thursday 8th motocross ride was very clear. I really wonder what he was going to say to Pete before Finn showed up to check on how both Pete and Andy were when they were at the lakeside?

Friday 2nd October
In the Woolpack
Chas: He must have hated him so much.
Aaron: Robert had that effect on people.
Chas: Yeah, but, Lawrence? I just can't picture it.
Aaron: Maybe that's cos you were picturing someone else?
Chas: No. It's cos he's an old man.
Aaron: Right, well how hard is it to pull a trigger?
Chas: I wouldn't know.
Aaron: I'm just saying. Stuff like that happens to Robert for a reason.
Victoria: What reason would that be? You reckon he deserves it?
Aaron: I bet I'm not the only one thinking it.
Victoria: Oh and you've been such a great influence on him, haven't you, you hypocrite. Tell you what, when he wakes up he's gonna know who his friends are. And aren't.
Doug: What was all that about? I'm just saying. What a family, eh? Lachlan, his mum, and now Lawrence. Lawrence? Hard to believe.
Victoria: Well, the police believe it.
Andy: Has he definitely been charged?
Doug: He's confessed.
Andy: It doesn't mean he did it.
Victoria: Ah, well, while you you sit here being all open-minded, I am gonna go and visit 'our brother'. I wondered if you wanted to come?
Andy: No.
Victoria: Andy, please. It'll do him good to know that you've bin. It'll do you'se both good.
Andy: The only thing doing me good is Robert not waking up.
[Andy leaves pub]

Tuesday 6th October
Andy eating breakfast in the cafe.
Ashley: Diane tells me there's no change with Robert. I can mention him in my prayers at the same time.
Andy: You having a laff?
Ashley: Ah, um! Sorry, I, I didn't think. I mean I know that things are very difficult for you at the moment...
Andy: He's scum. The lowest of the low. You can pray for him to die if you like. Otherwise, I'd save your breath.
[Andy walks out of the cafe, leaving his breakfast unfinished.]

Wednesday 7th October
Andy is at Debbie's house when Diane calls round.
Diane: I need to talk to you about your brother. They're going to try to bring him out of his coma tomorrow. I know you don't want to be there but I thought I'd better tell you because...the rest of the family's going.
Andy: Well the only people that need to be there when he comes around are the police, so they can arrest him for what he's done to Katie.
[Andy walks out of Debbie's house, leaving Diane upset.]

Thursday 8th October
The private kitchen at the Woolpack
Diane: Are you sure that you don't mind covering for the supplies meetings?
Chas: Don't be daft. Go! Be with Robert.
Diane: He'll be starting to come around in a bit.
Chas: That's great, Diane. Are the police there?
Diane: Not that I'm aware of.
Chas, Well, they must wanna know from Robert that Lawrence shot him, surely?
[Andy walks in to deliver meat from Butlers Farm]
Andy: He even did it.
Chas: If? He confessed, didn't he?
Diane: Oh, let's not start this again. Robert will set us straight soon enough.
Andy: Meat's in the kitchen.
Diane: He'll be confused at first and scared too. If you're there with me and Vic it'll help.
Andy: I'm not going. He killed my wife.
Diane: You're the only one that thinks that. It's not for nothing that you checked yourself into that unit. Your head's all over the shop. Surely, you must see that there's room for doubt. He needs his family when he comes to.
Andy: Well I'm not his family.

Thursday 8th October
Andy and Victoria are in the Butlers Farm kitchen
Victoria: Andy, please come with me.
Andy: Why? When Robert opens his eyes I just wanna be closing them again.

Kim
11-10-2015, 19:25
Aaron and Andy have both been acting very strangely lately. I think they're doing the round of every suspect acting suspiciously in turn before they reveal who shot him.

Telly Watcher
12-10-2015, 00:50
What did Andy mean when he said \\\\"Pete, you should know what I've done...\\\\" (about Robert?)?

Looks like the Andy/Pete conversation from the lakeside on Thursday 8th October carries on during the Monday 12th October episode when Pete is told how Andy nearly killed his step-father by accidentally shooting him (shown in the 18th May 2004 episode).

So Pete and Andy are going to have a bromance, with Andy being a substitute for Ross with Pete and Pete being a substitute for Robert with Andy.

Robert's shooting storyline has been so intense that anything said during an episode now becomes suspected of being shooting-related! lol

Source:
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s12/emmerdale/news/a673142/potd-emmerdales-andy-reveals-his-troubled-past-to-pete.html

Telly Watcher
23-10-2015, 01:24
Emmerdale's Kelvin Fletcher: 'I'm not worried after Andy shooting reveal'

By Daniel Kilkelly
Thursday, Oct 22 2015, 21:00 BST

Emmerdale star Kelvin Fletcher has admitted that he won't waste time worrying about his future in the show after the shocking events of Thursday night's special episode.

The ITV soap's 'rewind' edition revealed that Fletcher's character Andy Sugden was partly to blame for his brother Robert's shooting, recruiting bad boy Ross Barton to carry out the crime on his behalf.

Andy also agreed to return the favour by killing Ross's brother Pete, although viewers will have to keep watching to discover how he feels about the secret pact four weeks on.

Asked whether he's worried that Andy's dark turn puts a shelf life on the character, Fletcher replied: "I don't know - ultimately I have my philosophy on life, which is that you can't waste time worrying about things that are not in your control.

"It might mean your days are numbered, but it's an opportunity to showcase what little talent you may have. As an actor, those opportunities and those glimpses are what you strive for.

"It's an opportunity for the writers and for everybody else. I don't spend any days worrying and that's not because I am ignorant - it's just that if it's going to happen then it's going to happen."

http://i2.cdnds.net/15/40/618x411/soaps-emmerdale-andy-pete-scrambling-2.jpg
© ITV
Pete and Andy

Andy has grown closer to Pete in recent weeks as they bonded over their respective family problems. However, viewers have also seen him hesitate before saving Pete when his fellow farmer suffered a shock cliffside accident.

Fletcher continued: "You can see the dilemma that Andy is in. Pete is a good bloke and Andy was an usher at his wedding. Ross's situation is nowhere near as bad as Andy's, because his brother is not that bad.

"Let's not forget that Andy's heart is good and he is a genuine, sensitive person, but ultimately he's in a dark place regarding Robert. Ross has manipulated his emotions to get him to agree, but he has agreed knowing full well what it will mean. That shows what he thinks of Robert and how prepared he is to get rid of him."

http://i1.cdnds.net/15/40/618x389/soaps-emmerdale-7316-1.jpg
© ITV
Andy and Pete bond over their family woes

The actor also stressed that he doesn't think Andy would ever have pulled the trigger on Robert himself.

"I don't think he would, no," he explained. "I guess that's the dynamic between them. I don't think Andy could because he'd be looking at his brother, who he still loves really. With everything that is good in his life there is a connection with Robert, but there's also a connection with everything that is bad.

"I would like to think that Andy wouldn't have the courage if it actually came to it. He is not a dark character like Ross, which is good as it shows balance to the show - we are all different."

Source:
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s12/emmerdale/news/a675090/emmerdales-kelvin-fletcher-im-not-worried-after-andy-shooting-reveal.html

Telly Watcher
23-10-2015, 01:25
Emmerdale spoilers: Ross Barton is exposed as Robert Sugden’s shooter – but what happens next?

Duncan Lindsay for Metro.co.uk
Thursday 22 Oct 2015 8:59 pm

https://metrouk2.files.wordpress.com/2015/10/comp-emmerdale-spoilers.jpg?w=748&h=498&crop=1

Emmerdale really knows how to portray brotherly love.

Their flashback episode has just revealed to viewers that Andy was behind the shooting of his sibling Robert. But it wasn’t his own finger which pulled the trigger. He adopted the services of rent-a-thug Ross Barton – who in turn wanted Andy to deal with HIS hated brother.

Families eh?

To be fair to Andy, Ross was very much the driving force behind the double murder pact – which is a bit of a soap first.

But, with Ross having (kind of) seen his side of the bargain through, what now for Andy? Ross is now expecting him to have killed Pete and is furious to return and discover that actually, they’re not getting on so badly.

It does fill in a few gaps however – like why Andy was so sure that both Aaron and Lawrence were innocent and why he hesitated for so long in saving Pete after the motorbike incident.

Checking in to a mental health ward, Andy has the perfect alibi – but it’s poor Aaron who is looking at a lengthy jail service.

And let’s not forget that Ross doesn’t forget anything. While Andy is adamant that the deal is off because Ross didn’t successfully kill Robert, Ross isn’t going to see things that way.

Speaking about Andy’s motives for wanting Robert dead, Kelvin Fletcher spoke to Metro.co.uk and others at a recent press event. He discussed the Ross twist, pondering: ‘You can see the dilemma Andy is in, Pete is a good bloke. Let’s not forget that Andy’s heart is good, he is a genuine sensitive person but ultimately, he is in a dark place regarding Robert.

The fact he takes on this pact, and agrees to do it – Ross has manipulated his emotions to get him to agree, but he has agreed knowing full well what it will mean. This shows what he thinks of Robert and how prepared he is to get rid of Robert.’

He added: ‘He doesn’t see a way out and feels like he owes it to Katie really, but this was a time when he was his happiest ever and it all clicked into place and Robert has taken it all away from him, but there is a deep love for Robert even though they are not biological brothers and that’s what makes it even more complex.

‘This person he can look at and still forgive and forget and want to move on, but this time he just can’t, the police don’t believe him, his family don’t, the only way he can get a conclusion is to take matters into his own hands.’

Kelvin hinted to us that Andy will live to regret his pact when Ross eventually returns.

He said: ‘I think he is scared of what lengths Ross will go to – he has children, I think Ross references them a couple of times as a threat, so there is a whole host of things Ross is prepared to do, not just physically – mental things – and is it worth the struggle? Andy is scared of the implications of the original agreement and if it gets out, does he get arrested? Go to prison? So ultimately he is now in a worse situation.’

Discussing his own entrance into the long running storyline, Mike Parr, who plays Ross, told us: ‘I was nervous when Kate [Oates, producer] said, “You shoot him”. I was like “My days in this show are numbered then” and then she gave me foresight that I can’t disclose right now.

‘You know that soap has to have this moral justice – characters have to have a comeuppance or what does that say to our audience? I was worried, but with this, if he [Robert] is getting away with killing Katie, hopefully I am getting away with shooting him!’

But Mike is prepared for the outcome not to go down well with viewers, despite his own massive fanbase. He said: ‘I am going to have all the Robron fans going “I can’t believe you have done this to my dream!” I am expecting there to be lots of backlash which I really love, I like to pull them in, doing the affectionate scenes, then it is nice to push them away.

‘There was a point where I thought, it doesn’t matter what I do at the minute, everybody seems to just be going, cheering for Ross, hopefully this will push them away and remind people I am meant to be a villain, so maybe I was doing my job wrong before.’

Pondering on what might lie in store for Andy, Mike added: ‘You can’t spell cross without saying Ross. He is going to put the heat on Andy. He genuinely thinks he has killed someone so what is that going to have done to his mental state, will he be in a worse state when he comes back to the village and all the truth comes out? It is not going to be good for anybody.’

Source:
http://metro.co.uk/2015/10/22/emmerdale-spoilers-ross-barton-is-exposed-as-robert-sugdens-shooter-but-what-happens-next-5449462/

Dalesfan
23-10-2015, 16:37
I knew Andy was up to something. Going to be interesting seeing how this plays out now

Telly Watcher
23-03-2016, 16:37
Andy decides to let everyone know the truth about his relationship with Chrissie, so he broaches the subject with Robert, who's pretty stunned. But it's not Rob that the Sugden stud has to worry about: it's Lawrence, who's angry and plotting revenge, thinking Andy's having an affair with Bernice! Will he [Lawrence] realise his mistake in time?!

all about soap. fortnight ending 8 April 2016

Emmerdale airs these scenes around Tue 5 April.

Telly Watcher
29-03-2016, 00:53
Emmerdale farmer Andy Sugden will be brutally beaten up next week after Lawrence White takes a dark revenge against him.

Andy has recently started dating Lawrence's daughter Chrissie (Louise Marwood), but surprisingly that's not the reason that overprotective Lawrence wants to hurt him.

So what's the problem? Well, it all kicks off after Lawrence's wife Bernice (Samantha Giles) discovers that Andy and Chrissie have started sleeping together in secret.

http://digitalspyuk.cdnds.net/16/11/640x425/gallery-1458303640-01-04-emmerdale-12.jpg
© ITV
Does Bernice know Andy and Chrissie's secret?

Despite initial fears that Bernice will use this to cause trouble for the pair, she loyally promises to keep their secret - and even covers for them in front of Lawrence (John Bowe) when Andy's watch is found at Home Farm.

Bernice may think she's doing a good thing by helping the lovers out, but in reality she's just arousing Lawrence's suspicions with her cagey excuses. So much so that Lawrence jumps to completely the wrong conclusion - assuming that Bernice is the one who's sleeping with Andy. This can't end well...

Deciding not to stand for this, Lawrence makes a call to some shady contacts and it's not long before Andy is found battered and bruised following a nasty beating. It's only when Lawrence sees his daughter lovingly cradling an injured Andy that he knows he's got this one badly wrong.

http://digitalspyuk.cdnds.net/16/12/640x360/gallery-1458830494-06-04-emmerdale-04.jpg
© ITV
Andy lies battered in the road

When Chrissie discovers that her ruthless dad was the one who hired the thugs, she hits out by angrily comparing Lawrence to her scheming ex Robert. But it's Andy who has the most surprising reaction, as he decides not to hold a grudge against Lawrence.

Kelvin Fletcher, who plays Andy, revealed: "Andy actually defends Lawrence after Lawrence has had him beaten up. Weirdly Andy can understand why he went to those lengths. He knows he went way over the mark and there was absolutely no need.

"But I don't think Lawrence intended Andy to get as badly beaten up as he did. It was just a bit of a talking-to from these heavies, but Andy sees that he's going to get a kicking and makes the first move. It's actually Andy who throws the first punch - really in self-defence - and then ends up getting attacked quite badly.

"Lawrence doesn't see any of this. He genuinely thinks it's just been a talking-to. So when he sees that Andy's in hospital, he's horrified and feels guilty and dreadful. He makes an attempt to apologise but Andy says 'forget it'.

"I think Lawrence even tries to pay him off to keep it quiet but Andy says: 'You've got to come clean. I want Chrissie and Bernice to hear it from you. That's your way of apologising'."

http://digitalspyuk.cdnds.net/16/12/640x360/gallery-1458830672-06-04-emmerdale-05.jpg
© ITV
An injured Andy is taken to hospital

http://digitalspyuk.cdnds.net/16/12/640x360/gallery-1458830809-06-04-emmerdale-07.jpg
© ITV
Bernice and Lawrence

Lawrence later struggles with the thought that his daughter will never forgive him for his actions, but as the pressure mounts, the situation also takes a worrying toll on his health.

Viewers will see the Home Farm boss suddenly sink to the floor in the middle of a cardiac arrest while on his own. Robert later arrives on the scene by chance, but will he help his estranged father-in-law or ruthlessly leave him to die?

http://digitalspyuk.cdnds.net/16/12/640x425/gallery-1458832300-07-04-emmerdale-1st-ep-09.jpg
© ITV
Lawrence is having a cardiac arrest

http://digitalspyuk.cdnds.net/16/12/640x451/gallery-1458831961-07-04-emmerdale-1st-ep-06.jpg
© ITV
Will Robert help Lawrence?

Emmerdale airs these scenes on Wednesday, April 6 and Thursday, April 7 on ITV.

By Daniel Kilkelly, Digital Spy
http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/emmerdale/news/a788458/emmerdale-spoilers-andy-sugden-is-brutally-beaten-up-next-week-and-ruthless-lawrence-white-is-to-blame/

Perdita
29-03-2016, 17:13
Emmerdale muscleman Kelvin Fletcher has admitted that even he gets nervous about stripping off on screen.

The actor, who plays Andy Sugden on the ITV soap, is currently appearing in steamy scenes as his character is enjoying a secret fling with his sister-in-law Chrissie.

While you wouldn't expect the buffed-up star to be too bothered about the story, Fletcher has confessed that he sometimes asks his bosses if he can put more clothes on.

"I feel like I had the laziest six months," he explained. "For some scenes I'll always say: 'Oh, can I have a t-shirt on there?' Sometimes I do feel a bit cringey because I'm not in the best shape. People say 'oh, it's fine'.

"I was away in Australia and I binged. And then you come back and you're taking your top off and it's going out on national TV. People are going to criticise that and compare it if I don't adhere to that standard. I just don't want that pressure.

"I'm active again now, but I had a few months off. That's how I am. These scenes always seem to come when I'm off."

Asked whether he fears losing his shape in the future when he has the show's sexy scenes to worry about, Fletcher replied: "I don't want it to be that you only see men shirtless if they've got what society deems a good physique, because that's not right.

"I feel like if I do that, I'm aiding that and endorsing that - whereas men should be able to take their top off if they're out of shape or not. It doesn't matter - you can still be intimate and semi-naked and attractive to someone.

"People are always going to make a comment, and if they're not making it in the post office or the pub, it's on Twitter. It is a great platform for that, but if you're going to see that then you'll need to be thick-skinned. I think most people are anyway and you have to anticipate that. There's no formula - I do my own thing and what's right for me."

Viewers will soon see Andy's fling get discovered by his old flame Bernice, sparking off a chain of events which ultimately sees him beaten up in a huge misunderstanding.

Digital Spy

flappinfanny
29-03-2016, 17:43
He has nothing to worry about.

Telly Watcher
29-03-2016, 18:31
Kelvin Fletcher on topless scenes: ‘I feel cringey as I’m not in my best shape’

It’s part and parcel of the varied job of many soap actors – but we can’t imagine anything more awkward than having to perform scenes topless in front of millions of viewers.

And despite having an enviable bod, actor Kelvin Fletcher has agreed that he finds it tricky and admits that he is often uncomfortable with fuelling the pressure on men to look good by undertaking scenes semi-naked.

We recently caught up with the actor who, as Andy Sugden’s affair with Chrissie White heats up, has been having to ditch the t-shirts more often recently.

Here’s what he had to say in a chat that he shared with Louise Marwood (Chrissie):

Kelvin, do you mind that they keep making you take your kit off?

I feel like I had the laziest six months and for some scenes I’ll always say ‘Oh, can I have a t-shirt on there?’ Sometimes I do feel a bit cringey because I’m not in the best shape. People say ‘oh, it’s fine’.

Is this you not in your best shape?

KF: It’s just if I’ve not done anything for three or four months – I was away in Australia and I binged.

LM: And you had your honeymoon…

KF: Yeah, exactly. And then you come back and you’re taking your top off and it’s going out on national TV. People are going to criticise that and compare it.

LM: It becomes something else then, doesn’t it?

KF: If I don’t adhere to that standard then it’s ‘oh, he’s… ‘. I just don’t want that pressure, it’s [my body] a by product of living an active lifestyle.

You’re back training now?

KF: Yeah, so I’m active again now, but I had a few months off. That’s how I am. These scenes always seem to come when I’m off!

As we all grow older we lose our shape, do you ever envisage a time when you say, ‘ok, this is me’?

KF: Men do, my dad walks around at home with his top off sometimes. I don’t want it to be that you only see men shirtless if they’ve got what society deems a good physique, because that’s not right. I feel like if I do that I’m aiding that and endorsing that whereas men should be able to take their top off if they’re out of shape or not. It doesn’t matter, you can still be intimate and semi-naked, and attractive to someone. Yeah, it’s conflicting to what I’m saying about not wanting to take my top off when I’m not in shape, but that’s just me personally. If I was a little bit older and I was way out of shape then… It’s just the fact with me, I just like it to be on my terms, like ‘right, I’m ready now.’

There’s been a lot of talk recently about objectifying men on TV. How do you feel on that debate, with people tweeting the whole time during the show?

KF: People are always going to make comment, and if they’re not making it in the post office or the pub, it’s on Twitter. It is a great platform for that, but if you’re going to see that then you’ll need to be thick-skinned. I think most people are anyway, and you have to anticipate that. There’s no formula, I do my own thing and what’s right for me.

LM: You have to get really thick-skinned. I had one tweet the other day that said ‘I really have a problem with Louise Marwood’s lips’. And there’s nothing you can do – short of going out and getting them pumped ridiculously, which I would never do. But you know, if you didn’t have a thick skin you could take that as a criticism and go ‘oh no, my lips’, and look at them differently. You have to just ignore all of it and be happy in yourself. You know yourself, when you feel comfortable, and use that as a guideline.

Kelvin, you must get the other side of it though, people saying they’re falling in love with your character. Have you had any weird encounters with fans, or weird fanmail?

KF: Most fanmail now, for everyone, is through social media.

Not like the old days, when you used to get knickers!

KF: I’ve never had that, you know. I’ve always wanted it. [laughs] I don’t know how many actors have it. I think probably Patrick Mower (Rodney) had it in the ‘60s, when it was the norm. If somebody says I’ve done a good scene, then that overrides everything for me. I’m no model, I’m there to do a job and act, so if I can do an honest scene, and portray that particular scene and it’s believable, then that is absolutely paramount. For every person that thinks I’m attractive or have a great body, there’s somebody who thinks I’m out of shape, so you have to take the rough with the smooth.

By Duncan Lindsay for Metro.co.uk
http://metro.co.uk/2016/03/29/emmerdale-star-kelvin-fletcher-on-topless-scenes-i-feel-cringey-as-im-not-in-my-best-shape-5778688/

Telly Watcher
29-03-2016, 22:39
Andy Sugden’s life will be on the line next week when thugs leave him battered and bruised.

A jealous Lawrence White will pay for Andy to be attacked after leaping to the wrong conclusion about him and Bernice.

Emmerdale fans know, of course, that Andy is actually seeing Chrissie in secret, But by the time the penny drops for Lawrence, he’ll have placed Andy in grave danger.

Describing the scene in which Andy’s injuries are revealed, actor Kelvin Fletcher says:

“It’s like a scene from The Revenant. It’s really weird. The director had me crawling out of this ditch with my hand coming out first. I don’t think I’ll win an Oscar for it, though!”

But thankfully, it doesn’t look as though Andy will be permanently damaged as a result of the attack.

Adds Fletcher: “Moira finds him unconscious. He’s got bruised ribs and a cut on the forehead, a black eye and a bloody nose.

“It looks quite bad, but everybody in soapland mends pretty quick, don’t they. Within two weeks, you can expect him to be as right as rain and good to go!”

By David Brown
http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2016-03-29/emmerdale-andy-to-be-attacked-by-thugs-reveals-kelvin-fletcher---its-like-a-scene-from-the-revenant

Emmerdale airs these scenes from Wednesday, April 6 on ITV.

lizann
01-04-2016, 00:08
lawry did tell bernice she could take a lover but then he has andy beaten up

binky321
01-04-2016, 00:37
true, but didn't he say something along the lines of he expected her to hook up with random / one night stands only & he didn't want her to have a rival relationship to him, so Andy would go against that & he's probably feeling threatened by Andy given what he knows happened on her hen night & their history, not that there is any justification for his actions in anyway.

Telly Watcher
03-04-2016, 00:14
Andy Sugden certainly knows how to push his luck with Lawrence. First, he had that final night of passion with Lawrence's bride-to-be, Bernice, on the eve of their wedding, and now he's sleeping with the other apple of Lawrence's eye, his precious daughter Chrissie.

Still, Andy must count himself unlucky this week to get a beating from Lawrence's hired goons when the Home Farm owner thinks Andy's doing the dirty with Bernice again. In fact, not only does Lawrence get this wrong, his hired help goes above and beyond the call of duty.

"Lawrence doesn't intend Andy to get as beaten up as he does," says Kelvin Fletcher, who plas Andy. "His heavies are just meant to give him a bit of a talking-to. But Andy thinks he's about to get a kicking so he throws the first punch."

When Lawrence sees Chrissie cradling Andy at the hospital, he realises the mistake he's made and it's not long before both Bernice and Chrissie realise what he's done.

For Chrissie, it's yet another black mark against Lawrence as she questions whether he's her real father. When she finds a letter to her mum signed 'all my love, always, Ronnie' from the year she was born, Chrissie wonders whether this Ronnie Hale could be her dad.

And it's poor, hospitalised Andy who advises caution.

"Andy says to give Lawrence the benefit of the doubt," says Kelvin. "At least you know him - or thought you did. What you find out about this new guy may not be what you want."

But will Chrissie heed his warning?

TV Magazine, The Sun, 2-8 April 2016

Emmerdale airs these scenes from Wednesday, April 6 on ITV.

TW:
So, if this article is true, this puts Chrissie's year of birth as 1980, so she is now 35-36yo.

Telly Watcher
03-04-2016, 01:05
Andy Sugden, character summary

Name: Andrew "Andy" Sugden (formerly Andy Hopwood)
Born: 28 Jan 1986 (30yo)
First appeared in Emmerdale: 4 July 1996
Father: Billy Hopwood
Mother: Trisha Hopwood
Adoptive Father: Jack Sugden (from 1997)
Adoptive Mother: Sarah Sugden (from 1997)
Adoptive Siblings: Jackie Merrick, Robert Sugden, Victoria Sugden
Adoptive Stepmother: Diane Sugden (2004–09)
Half-brother: Daz Eden (same father)
Wife: Katie Addyman (2004–07, 2014–15), Jo Stiles (2008–09)
Son: Jack Sugden
Daughter: Sarah Sugden
Grandmother: Granny Hopwood
Occupations: Farmer, Groundsman
Home: Butler's Farm
Acted by: Kelvin Warren Fletcher (32yo, DOB: 17/01/84)

Storylines at : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andy_Sugden

Other Sources:
http://emmerdalepastpresent.wikia.com/wiki/Andy_Sugden
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kelvin_Fletcher

Chrissie White, character summary

Name: Chrissie Sugden (nee White)
Born: About 1979 [now thought to be 1980*, so 35-36yo]
First appeared in Emmerdale: 23 October 2014
Father: Lawrence White
Mother: Ellen White
Sibling: Rebecca White
Spouse: Robert Sugden (2015-2016)
Children: Lachlan White (2000) (with Donny Cairn)
Aunt: unnamed (mentioned by Robert)
Occupations: Businesswoman, Beautician
Acted by: Louise Marwood (35yo, DOB: 16/11/79)

Storylines at: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Emmerdale_characters_%282014%29#Chrissie_S ugden

Other Sources:
http://emmerdalepastpresent.wikia.com/wiki/Chrissie_White
http://www.famousbirthdays.com/people/louise-marwood.html
*TV Magazine, The Sun, 2-8 April 2016

Telly Watcher
03-04-2016, 10:52
Kelvin Fletcher has played Andy Sugden for 20 years, but has been racing competitively since 2012. He is now going to take part in the British Touring Car Championship.

"It's a boyhood dream to race in the British Touring Cars. It's something I've watched as a spectator, as a fan, a big motor sports fan growing up so to get the opportunity now a little bit later in my adult life, I think it's absolutely fantastic."
– Kelvin Fletcher

itv.com
http://www.itv.com/news/calendar/update/2016-03-25/emmerdales-kelvin-fletcher-aims-for-brands-hatch/

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CfG91OPWEAAxWbL.jpg
https://twitter.com/kelvin_fletcher/status/712706762529439744

BTCC team Power Maxed Racing has announced that it has signed Emmerdale star Kelvin Fletcher to drive the 2016 Chevrolet Cruze this season.

Fletcher, better known to the public by his stage name Andy Sugden, has been in Emmerdale for the past 20 years and has been racing competitively since 2012.

The 32-year-old actor, who hails from Oldham, has had a successful racing career to date competing in the Porsche Carerra Cup and GT3 Cup Challenge, the Ginetta GT5 Challenge, a stint in prototypes in the V de V Challenge and he even completed a guest round in the F1 support race the Porsche Supercup.

Kelvin has racked up 5 race wins, 3 fastest race laps and 29 podiums, based on the 45 races Kelvin has entered he has a podium percentage of 64.4% which puts him well above the majority of racing drivers.

Power Maxed Racing has already signed Hunter Abbott to compete in the sister Chevrolet Cruze and has made a number of changes to the car for this season including the adoption of the upgraded RML components.

PMR was chosen as a development partner to RML being the first team to test the new BTCC components, as well as forming a close working relationship with Swindon Engines, developing a host of new initiatives including a new engine for this season.

Kelvin also has close ties with the University of Bolton which has supported his racing for a number of years. Part of the deal sees Power Maxed Racing working alongside the university to help them develop their ever growing motorsport qualifications. Power Maxed Racing will offer students the chance to gain practical industry experience and help ready them for a career in motorsport.

Adam Weaver, Team Principal, Power Maxed Racing commented, “We are delighted to welcome Kelvin to PMR and give him his chance to step up into the BTCC. He has a strong sportscar track record and he is more than ready to make the transition to the UK's finest domestic racing series. We think Kelvin is an excellent choice to race alongside Hunter, we feel they will work together and will both be turning a few heads this year."

Weaver continues, “We promised a big name for this year and Kelvin’s celebrity status will certainly draw a crowd. We’re looking forward to working with another celebrity driver following our relationship with celebrity chef Paul Hollywood.

"We have thousands of ideas buzzing around the office for other projects we could work on with Kelvin, our favourite at the moment is an Emmerdale vs Corrie track day."

Kelvin Fletcher commented, “I’m really looking forward to making the step up to the BTCC, signing with such a solid team as Power Maxed Racing will no doubt make the transition to the BTCC a smooth one.” Kelvin continues, “I'm a massive motorsport fan and have been watching the BTCC for as long as I can remember, it has been a lifelong dream to race against my childhood heroes and it is about to become a reality thanks to Power Maxed Racing and the University of Bolton."

itv.com
http://www.itv.com/btcc/power-maxed-racing-signs-emmerdale-actor-kelvin-fletcher-for-btcc-campaign

2016 BTCC Calendar, 3 races per event
April 2/3 | Brands Hatch Indy
April 16/17 | Donington Park
May 7/8 | Thruxton
June 4/5 | Oulton Park
June 18/19 | Croft
July 30/31 | Snetterton
August 13/14 | Knockhill
August 27/28 | Rockingham
September 17/18 | Silverstone
October 1/2 | Brands Hatch GP

BTCC 2016 Season Launch round-up
http://www.btcccrazy.co.uk/btcc/btcc-2016-season-launch-round-up/

Power Maxed Racing is on Facebook at:
https://www.facebook.com/powermaxedracing/

Some of Kelvin Fletcher's recent tweets:

The car line up, 22 Mar 2016
https://twitter.com/UKPMR/status/712239859776299009

The car, 22 Mar 2016
https://twitter.com/racingist/status/712280105322676224

The pre-green stage... ("ROAR!"), 22 Mar 2016
https://twitter.com/autosport/status/712211834758176769

Telly Watcher
03-04-2016, 14:44
Live Round Race Results available at:
http://livetiming.tsl-timing.com/TOCA

Telly Watcher
04-04-2016, 10:24
Kelvin Fletcher (Andy Sugden) appeared on ITV's Lorraine show today and talked to Amanda Holden about Andy's relationship with Chrissie White and how Lawrence has arranged for Andy to be beaten up this week, plus some of Andy's early history in Emmerdale, some of Kelvin's personal married life and time spent on the weekend when racing in the British Touring Car Championship races at Brands Hatch Indy.

"Emmerdale's Andy is in for a dramatic week" | Lorraine, 04/04/16, 5m 51s
http://www.itv.com/lorraine/showbiz/emmerdale-andy-sugden-kelvin-fletcher

lizann
06-04-2016, 18:43
he was so neat positioned after getting beaten up

Telly Watcher
07-04-2016, 03:19
Kelvin Fletcher took part at Brands Hatch Indy on Saturday 2 April in the Qualifying Session at 15:40 for the Dunlop MSA British Touring Car Championship (BTCC). The Sunday 3 April races included Race 1 (due to start from 11:32 hours), Race 2 (due to start from 14:12 hours) and Race 3 (due to start from 17:12 hours), results for which were as follows:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CfZ-lVjUkAAj-UG.jpg

There was a problem with the turbo during Race 1 so Kelvin retired after seventeen laps. Race 2 was completed after 26 laps at position 25. Race 3 ended after one lap when cold tyres led to the car spinning off the track on a right-hand bend.

BTCC:
http://www.btcc.net/

BTCC Crazy:
http://www.btcccrazy.co.uk/btcc/brands-hatch-indy-timetable-tv-times-event-info-weather/

Telly Watcher
07-04-2016, 03:19
TV presenter and ex-BTCC driver Paul O'Neill talked on ITV live to Kelvin Fletcher in his Chevrolet Cruze 5dr racing car on Sunday 3 April at Brands Hatch Indy racecourse after two of his three races that day.

PON: We're talking about Emmerdale and drama. Got Kelvin Fletcher here. I was taking the mickey a bit about Andy Sugden and tractors and stuff , the usual, mate. How nerve-wracking is this? Is it like a live episode of Emmerdale?

KF: I guess there's some similarities but now I'm trying my best to stay pretty relaxed. I've just been obviously my first week in the car this weekend so been concentrating on improving on my pace and everytime I've been in the car I've been quicker and quicker. So we had a slight problem in the first race with a turbo failure and then so obviously I retire. The second race was good, I had another alarm but my pace is getting quicker that's the main thing so, but yeah, I mean I've got to pinch myself. Being sat here on a BTCC grid, this is stuff I dreamed about as a kid so it's very surreal and but naturally I want to compete and I want to keep improving and, you know, do my best.

PON: There's a lot of attention around you. You're used to that, aren't you, but what is it, you here sat here now thinking I just hope I get round the first corner. Do you think, I want to get in the Top 10? You just work like other sportsmen. You just wanna be right at the front, don't you, and it's difficult when you try to learn in these cars, in particular.

KF: Yeah, yeah. These are cars, you know yourself how, you know, how tough they are, and I've only got three years racing experience behind me, you know, so I am very much new to all this, and some would say this is maybe a bit too much too soon but, you know, hopefully I'm a fast learner. I need to prove my stars. I think I stalled on the last start, so that's something I need to get used to but, you know, it's all a big learning curve for me and I'm just really grateful to be here.

PON: Top man. Well good luck!

ITV

Telly Watcher
07-04-2016, 09:31
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CfbP2axWQAAyNss.jpg
https://www.instagram.com/p/BD0dax3A0t2/

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CfR_dkvWIAALTFL.jpg
https://twitter.com/carryfiasco/status/717338393831673856

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CfIL0bnWwAEfIDb.jpg
https://twitter.com/BTCCCrazy/status/716648390931648512

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CfbPx5rWsAABLYw.jpg
https://twitter.com/kelvin_fletcher

Telly Watcher
13-04-2016, 01:05
Emmerdale actor Kelvin Fletcher is aiming to make a big impression in the British Touring Car Championship (BTCC) at Donington Park this weekend (April 16-17).

The 32-year-old, who is best known for playing Andy Sugden in the popular ITV soap, has already dabbled his hand at racing in Mini championships and in Porsches, but racing in the BTCC brings with it the added pressure of widespread coverage, not to mention the ferocious cut and thrust nature of the racing action!

But Fletcher, who races with the Power Maxed team and drives a Chevrolet Cruze in the championship, has already proven his worth with a strong debut performance at the season opener at Brands Hatch, where he recorded a best race finish of 25th out of the record 32-strong entry. But he also showed massive progress with his lap times, and was lapping only half a second away from the outright pace during the races - this with only three years racing experience under his belt.

Now more used to his car, Fletcher is hoping to further explore his potential this weekend: “I’ve raced at Donington a couple of times before, and I love it. I’ve ridden it on a bike and driven it in a car so I know which way it goes and I’m confident we can start to push on. It’s a tricky track but also a bit more forgiving so I’m going to be pushing and really trying to find the limits of the car. Hopefully with a bit of seat time, my lap times will keep tumbling down!”

Fletcher was announced as a BTCC driver during the Season Launch day, held at Donington on 22 March. Like most drivers, the Oldham resident was drawn to the series by its international stature, and has been a keen follower since his early days. “The BTCC is a massive championship and it’s something I’ve wanted to do since I was a kid. When the opportunity came up to race in the championship, it was an absolute no brainer for me. There was an option to race in Porsches again, but I’m living the dream at the moment, and who knows, I may never have had another chance to race in the series again. I may be in it too much too soon, but I’m already in the thick of it, I was within a second of the big boys at the first round, so I hope to keep progressing and push on from here.

“Ideally I want to be in this for the long haul. I feel I’ve got the tools and the talent to do that. The first year in anything is always a learning year but if there are options to make it a three year programme or more, that would be incredible. I’m still getting used to all the controls in the car, so I’m learning all about the red lights that come on and the different alarms going off in the car, the last thing I want to do is blow an engine! But at the moment I’m just taking each race as it comes.”

Of course it’s not just the racing that takes up Fletcher’s time. As a long term character with over 20 years on Emmerdale, he has to find a balance between work and racing. “It’s a bit of a struggle really” he admits. “Being involved with Emmerdale is obviously very busy, I love being involved with it, and in a way it’s enabled me to get this drive in the BTCC. I’ve think I’ve already proven my ability as a racing driver, but appreciate there’s a bit of a PR spin with this too. But at the same time I’m still that guy off the TV so there isn’t as much pressure on me as there may be with one of the big boys.

“Racing in the BTCC has been an amazing experience so far. There are some unbelievably quick guys in this championship but I’ve raced against some quick guys in the past in Porsches as well. But this is only my third year of racing so whatever I do is a bit of a step into the unknown. But I’m loving every minute of it, and want to get quicker and quicker.”

To see Kelvin Fletcher go wheel to wheel with the established stars of the British Touring Car Championship, book your tickets in advance from the Donington Park website. Tickets are available from £11.25 with free admission for children aged 13 and under. The paddock will be open during the event so fans can meet the drivers, and spectators can also participate in the pit lane walkabout on Sunday morning, where drivers will be signing autographs. For more information and to book tickets, visit www.donington-park.co.uk

By David Godsall, Loughborough Echo
http://www.loughboroughecho.net/news/local-news/emmerdale-actor-driving-touring-cars-11172771

Telly Watcher
18-04-2016, 03:21
Kelvin Fletcher took part at Donington Park on Saturday 16 April in the Free Practice Session from 10am for the Dunlop MSA British Touring Car Championship (BTCC). The car went off the track, however, Kelvin retired and missed the Qualifying Session (due from 15:35 hours). The Sunday 17 April races included Race 1 (from 11:40 hours), Race 2 (from 14:30 hours) and Race 3 (from 17:20 hours).

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CgSvPAjUEAAH4GZ.jpg

Soft tyres were used for Race 1 and the finish position was #24. Normal tyres were used from Race 2 but the car swerved to the right and went off the track on a right hand bend about 50 seconds after Race 2 start, so Kelvin retired but he later took part successfully in Race 3 and finished in position #20.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CgSmvNeUIAAaxfW.jpg
https://twitter.com/kelvin_fletcher/status/721821583849975812

Donington circuit details at:
http://www.btcc.net/calendar/donington/

Twitter:

I gave my team @UKPMR plenty of work this afternoon after an off at craners. Missed qualy as a result. #BTCC. Apr 16
https://twitter.com/kelvin_fletcher/status/721411351462158340

Mistook my #BTCC Chevrolet for my #JohnDeere today. Won't be doing that again! @UKPMR #GrassCutter. Apr 16
https://twitter.com/kelvin_fletcher/status/721415275325825024

Kelvin Fletcher Twitter at:
https://twitter.com/kelvin_fletcher

Telly Watcher
18-04-2016, 03:21
Kelvin Fletcher admitted to being frustrated by the loss of track time after an incident curtailed his running during the second Dunlop MSA British Touring Car Championship practice session of the weekend at Donington Park.

The Power Maxed Racing driver was the only man not to set a representative time during the 40 minutes of running after a trip across the grass at the Craner Curves damaged the front end of his Chevrolet Cruze.

Forced to park up as a result, the 32-year-old was left to watch on from the sidelines for the remainder of the session and he admitted that the conditions on track, allied to a number of incidents for other drivers, had made it a tough start to his weekend.

“There’s been a lot of dramas in the two sessions, and I’ve not really been able to get a lap in yet,” he said. “The second session in particular was tough as I got a wheel onto the grass going into the Craner Curves, and I thought it would be better to go across the grass and rejoin.

“Unfortunately, I didn’t take into account how low the front splitter is in these cars and with the wet grass, the car dug in and it’s caused quite a bit of damage.

“It’s a big step into touring cars and at the moment, it’s hard to match the intensity of these guys as they can go out at the start of practice and be right on it. I can’t afford to be too ambitious too early as I am still getting a feeling for the car and am still learning.

“It’s a bit of a double edged sword in that respect, but while it’s disappointing that practice ended as it did, I know I have the pace and hopefully we can show that in qualifying.”

By Matt Salisbury, touringcartimes.com
http://www.touringcartimes.com/2016/04/16/kelvin-fletcher-frustrated-after-fp2-incident/

The next BTCC event is at Thruxton on 7/8 May 2016.

Thruxton circuit details at:
http://www.btcc.net/calendar/thruxton/

lizann
05-06-2016, 00:36
he will start up an affair with bernice after she finally realises lawry is gay

Perdita
27-06-2016, 18:15
Emmerdale star Kelvin Fletcher is going to become a dad for the first time.

The actor, who plays Andy Sugden in the ITV soap, is expecting a baby with his new wife Eliza Marsland.

Marsland has been showing off her growing baby bump in a series of Instagram pictures, with a recent one captioned: "Great day at Chester Races, even got a win in 🏆🐴 treating the bump to some vip action@kelvin_fletcher."

The pair married in a secret ceremony last December, following nine years of dating. They had announced their engagement a year before.

Fletcher has played Andy since 1996.

http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/emmerdale/news/a799319/emmerdale-star-kelvin-fletcher-and-wife-eliza-marsland-are-expecting-their-first-child/

Perdita
01-08-2016, 18:22
Emmerdale star Kelvin Fletcher is leaving the show after a whopping 20 years as Andy Sugden, reports have revealed. :eek:

The actor has already filmed his final scenes in the role and will bow out on screen in the coming weeks, according to The Sun this evening (August 1).

An Emmerdale spokesperson declined to comment when approached by Digital Spy, but the claim follows many months of rumours that a big-name exit was on the way.

Back in March, Emmerdale boss Iain MacLeod hinted that somebody connected to Home Farm would be leaving the show.

Viewers have since seen Chrissie White attempt to frame Andy for shooting her 'dad' Lawrence - a crime actually committed by her troubled son Lachlan.

The Sun's report claims that a "big and dramatic" exit has been lined up for Andy, but the door will be left open for a possible return.

Fletcher joined the cast of Emmerdale in 1996, when his character - then known as Andy Hopwood - was fostered by Jack and Sarah Sugden.

Since then, Andy has been at the centre of some of Emmerdale's most dramatic storylines - including his on-off feud with his foster brother Robert, his eventful love life and the tragic death of his wife Katie.

Speaking in a live television interview last year, Kelvin hinted at a possible exit when he admitted: "I do remember a time [without Emmerdale] and I can quite easily imagine a time without - looking to a future without Emmerdale.

"It's a huge part of my life, it has been coming up to 20 years now. It's been very significant in my life and it's been a great opportunity and a great platform, but going forward, who knows what will come in the future, I guess."

Away from Emmerdale, Kelvin has been competing on the race track in his spare time since 2012 and reports tonight have suggested that he now wants to become a full-time rally driver. Talk about a career change!

Digital Spy

I guess that he gets convicted for shooting Lawrence and will be sentenced to a lenghty prison sentence :(

lizann
01-08-2016, 23:16
not another miscarriage of justice, innocent man in prison, let him leave to go stay with debbie and his kids or annie

Perdita
02-08-2016, 07:54
They said on Good Morning Britain that Andy will not be leaving Emmerdale by being imprisoned .....

tammyy2j
02-08-2016, 14:14
They said on Good Morning Britain that Andy will not be leaving Emmerdale by being imprisoned .....

Escapes and on the run?

Perdita
02-08-2016, 19:24
Escapes and on the run? Maybe .. however, there is this bit inside of me where I think Lawrence will come to his senses, forget about Bernice and Andy and will ensure that Andy will not be going to prison as innocent man ..... I am eternally hopeful :o

Perdita
03-08-2016, 04:56
Emmerdale's Kelvin Fletcher has broken his silence on the rumours he's leaving the soap - although we're just as confused as we were before.

It was reported on Monday (August 1) that the Andy Sugden actor has already filmed his final scenes and will depart on screen in the coming weeks.

ITV still hasn't confirmed Fletcher's possible exit, but it does follow months and months of speculation that a big-name departure was coming.

Fletcher, who's starred on Emmerdale for 20 years, finally tweeted on Tuesday night: "Leaving Emmerdale to become a rally driver? First I've heard! Although I do know one thing; there's some BIG surprises coming #Emmerdale"

Follow
Kelvin Fletcher ✔ @kelvin_fletcher
Leaving Emmerdale to become a rally driver? First I've heard!

Although I do know one thing; there's some BIG surprises coming #Emmerdale
9:42 PM - 2 Aug 2016
77 77 Retweets 352 352 likes

So, we know for sure he's unlikely to go into motorsports. But he also didn't say if he was leaving Emmerdale for anything else...

Not to mention, just what could these "BIG surprises" involve? Now we have more questions than answers.

Digital Spy

The entertainment reporters on the daytime tv all seem to have confirmed he is leaving though ..... :hmm:

tammyy2j
03-08-2016, 12:59
Maybe .. however, there is this bit inside of me where I think Lawrence will come to his senses, forget about Bernice and Andy and will ensure that Andy will not be going to prison as innocent man ..... I am eternally hopeful :o

I hope Lawrence does

lizann
11-08-2016, 20:52
Escapes and on the run?

if he is running to chrissie, i feel we could have a scene similar to max branning with andy arrested shouting lachlan did it she she calls cops on him

Perdita
13-08-2016, 08:09
Emmerdale's Andy Sugden has finally discovered the horrifying truth about his current predicament, realising that his scheming partner Chrissie White has set him up.

The stage is now set for even more explosive scenes next week, as Andy's storyline comes to a head in dramatic style.

Friday's episode (August 12) saw on-the-run Andy make a return to the village, hoping that he could convince Chrissie to run away with him.

Chrissie (Louise Marwood) continued to play along with the pretence that she's supporting Andy, but it wasn't long before he caught her out - realising that she'd secretly called the police and was stalling him.

Proving herself as the next big Emmerdale superbitch, Chrissie has managed to frame Andy for the shooting of her 'dad' Lawrence - a crime actually committed by her twisted teenage son Lachlan.

As the truth dawned on Andy tonight, Chrissie ranted: "I always knew you were dim, but I can't believe it's taken you this long to work it out. Did you honestly think I was going to go on the run with you and Lockie? The three of us? Start a farm somewhere or live on a commune?"

And quizzed on what on earth she was up to, she replied: "You slept with Bernice! That pathetic, clownish stain of a woman. You slept with her and now you're going to pay."

Digital Spy can confirm that next week's Emmerdale episodes will see Andy try to flee the village once more, hoping that he can go back on the run - and stay away this time!

But will Andy really manage to go, or will Chrissie prove too much of a cunning match for him? Could he actually be caught and sent down?

With rumours still rife that Kelvin Fletcher is bowing out from the role of Andy, the stakes have never been higher and anything can happen...

Digital Spy

emerald
15-08-2016, 12:14
All we can hope for is that Lawrence will come forward and save the day. Maybe if he has some kind of affection left for Bernice he won't want to see her upset over Andy going to prison - a long shot, but maybe?...

tammyy2j
15-08-2016, 19:56
Robert is his only hope, to help him get away and clear his name while he is gone

Perdita
15-08-2016, 19:57
Chrissie is going to cut herself and blame Andy for it :angry:

tammyy2j
15-08-2016, 20:00
Chrissie is going to cut herself and blame Andy for it :angry:

She did that tonight the devious cow :angry::thumbsdow

Perdita
15-08-2016, 20:03
She did that tonight the devious cow :angry::thumbsdow
:o
Did not see the episode yet

Perdita
15-08-2016, 20:04
We're pretty sure that Emmerdale's Andy Sugden has never, ever been so happy to see his scheming brother Robert.

Andy's ordeal went from bad to worse tonight (August 15) as Chrissie engineered a brand new 'crime' to frame him for, which appeared to put the final nail in his coffin. But could Robert still hold the key to Andy's freedom?

Monday night's dramatic episode picked up right where Friday's left off, with Chrissie revealing her true colours to Andy (Kelvin Fletcher) in a tense showdown at Home Farm.

With the police on their way, for a moment it seemed like Andy might stick around and fight the attempted murder charge he's facing - confident that he could expose Chrissie's deception at the trial.

Showing it wouldn't be so easy, Chrissie (Louise Marwood) quickly played her ace card by slicing her own arm with a kitchen knife and shouting out to the police that Andy had attacked her. A classic soap trick!

Realising he was no match for Chrissie's games, Andy did a runner and raced through the woods nearby... only to come face-to-face with Robert in his car.

After being contacted by Victoria, Robert was all set to help Andy out of his current mess. Let's face it, if there's one villager who is capable of beating Chrissie at her own game, it's him!

As the Sugden brothers pondered their next move, Andy said: "Just keep driving. Try and get as far away from here as possible. I'll lie low for a bit, then try to get out of the country once things have died down.

"She's taken everything from me - my home, my family. I can't ever go back there again, can I? She's ruined my life."

But ruthless Robert replied: "Andy, we'll get you off this, alright? I don't know how but just give me some time and we'll get you off this. And then - me and you - we're going for her."

Digital Spy

Perdita
16-08-2016, 14:02
I have just seen an advert with Eamonn Holmes and Ruth Langford announcing the interview tomorrow on This Morning with Kelvin Fletcher explaining why he has decided to leave Emmerdale after 20 years :(

mariba
17-08-2016, 08:49
What???!!!! Is he never coming back?? Another reason to drop Emmerdale off my list... ��

mariba
17-08-2016, 08:49
What???!!!! Is he never coming back?? Another reason to drop Emmerdale off my list... 😞

Perdita
17-08-2016, 11:09
What???!!!! Is he never coming back?? Another reason to drop Emmerdale off my list... ��

He is keen on Touring Car Motor Racing so I dare say he will be concentrating on that for a while but he said in an interview that acting is his first job so I would not rule out a return at some time in the future :)

tammyy2j
17-08-2016, 11:19
I think he will be back if he does not injury himself badly or kill himself car racing

Perdita
17-08-2016, 18:27
The rumours were true - Emmerdale's Andy Sugden has said a heartbreaking goodbye to the village after 20 unforgettable years.

Tuesday's hour-long episode (August 16) ended with Andy successfully fleeing from the law by going on the run - leaving behind his on-off partner Bernice, who'd briefly considered going with him.

But why did Kelvin Fletcher decide to leave after so long as Andy? What's next for him? And could he ever come back? Here, Kelvin reveals the answers to those questions and a whole lot more...

What made you decide to leave Emmerdale?

"I've always had aspirations to play other characters, but over the years I've always felt so happy and so challenged at Emmerdale. So the decision to leave the show never really came, until probably the last 18 months. I'd just had the happiest two or three years I've ever had at Emmerdale, with some really good storylines.

"I felt comfortable and confident in myself, so I wanted to at least give it a go and try other things. But it's testament to Emmerdale that I felt confident to pursue another challenge."

Did you have to put a lot of thought into the decision to go?

"Well, it wasn't that I felt I couldn't get anything more out of the job, as every day at Emmerdale is a new challenge. But it was definitely a big decision to make and it took me the best part of a year. When I finally made the decision, it was a relief in many ways but I also knew what I was going to miss."

What did you make of your exit storyline?

"I thought it was great. I left it entirely in the hands of the Emmerdale team and had no input into how Andy would leave. I put my full trust in them to come up with a way for him to leave that was fitting for the character. It was a surprising exit storyline and I think it's been really well received. It's also fitted in well with other storylines which are going on in the show at the moment.

"I think what Emmerdale were quite excited about was that my exit storyline was the catalyst for further stories to come throughout the summer with Chrissie and Lawrence.

"For example, it was the real start for Chrissie being this soap bitch they have planned. Chrissie wanting to send Andy down for a crime he didn't commit sets the bar quite high for her future!"

Has it been hard to keep so quiet about your exit?

"It's been very hard. The first people I told from the Emmerdale cast were Danny Miller (Aaron), Adam Thomas (Adam) and James Hooton (Sam). Those were the only three. I was waiting for the green light from the production before telling anyone, as I didn't want to ruin anything and we knew that Andy's exit was going to be a surprise. But as we work so closely together, I felt like I was holding this big secret and betraying some of my closest work colleagues.

"I did confide in people, but it wasn't until six months after I'd made the decision. Secrecy was paramount, so I think people were quite shocked when they heard the news but they were also really supportive and wished me all the best. That gave me confidence moving forward and it's exciting."

Did you get upset on your last day?

"I did get upset, yeah! There was a particular scene on my last day with Ryan Hawley (Robert), which was really emotional. Ryan has only been in the show for a couple of years, but he feels like my brother in real life and I feel a really close bond with him.

"So when Andy was telling Robert he loves him and he'll miss him, that was genuine because there's a part of me that loved him and was going to miss him.

"Then obviously I had to say goodbye to everyone else on my last day, too. My mum and dad came in for my last scenes, so having them there was very emotional."

What were your favourite storylines over the years?

"There's been so many. I've always enjoyed the big stunt scenes that I've had - from the barn fire when I first started in Emmerdale, to years later when Victoria started a fire and Andy had to rescue people.

"But for me the emotional scenes really stand out, for example when Katie had an affair with Robert. Even though I was a young kid at the time, I've also got clear memories of the time that Andy admitted to Jack that he'd started a fire.

"More recently, the scenes of Andy losing Katie also stand out. They were quite sad but also some of my most enjoyable, including working with Ryan Hawley on that storyline."

What will you miss the most?

"It's the people who I'll miss the most - just going to work at Emmerdale, working with great people and having a laugh. It's a very happy place to work and that gave me an immense sense of fulfilment. So that will be the biggest void, I guess."

Did you have a good leaving party?

"Yeah, it was really good. I had a band playing and everyone was there from cast, crew and producers. Even the Emmerdale security guards were there. It was a really nice turnout and a chance for me to say thanks to everyone.

"Liz Estensen, who plays Diane, got up and did a great speech that really caught me off guard. When you've worked so closely with someone for so many years, to hear them saying so many lovely things about you is touching.

"In particular, Liz mentioned Clive Hornby who played Jack Sugden. Throughout my time at Emmerdale, Clive has been one of the biggest inspirations and memories, so it was lovely for Liz to mention and speak on behalf of him. I'd always hoped that Clive thought a lot of me, but to hear from Liz how highly he did think of me really did bring a tear to my eye.

"Danny Miller, who's become one of my best friends, also organised a video behind my back. They'd been filming a farewell video and they were all sarcastically taking the piss out of me in it! That was right up my street and I think the sentiments were spot on."

Where would you like to go from here?

"I want to continue to be challenged and feel a sense of fulfilment, like I have over the years at Emmerdale. I've got aspirations to do other genres and I'm really keen to play a different character, whether it's in comedy or action, and just do something that's completely different. I've been spoiled at Emmerdale over the years because I've had a taste of everything.

"But for me this is just a chance to showcase how versatile I am. I'm confident that I can do that, so I'm excited for other people to see me in a different role. It's also a leap into the unknown for me, because it's 20 years that I've been in this position. So I'm new to the game in many ways. Whatever will be, will be!"

Will Andy want revenge against Chrissie after everything that's happened?

"No, as I don't think he's that type of character. Robert is the brother who would seek revenge and that's what's great about his character, but Andy is very different and he'd take it on the chin. He'll move on and this is a lesson learned in life."

Is this really the last we've seen of Andy Sugden?

"Who knows? People have said they hope he's not leaving forever, but I really don't know what the future holds. For me Andy is a character I've grown to love and who I'll never forget. If there's a time in the future that Andy reappears as a man trying to prove his innocence, who knows?

"I'd leave any exciting future storylines in the capable hands of the talented producers, storylines and writers. For me as an actor, I still feel like I could give more with the part of Andy and I always will. But at this moment in time, I want to try a different challenge."

Digital Spy

Perdita
05-09-2016, 16:28
Kelvin Fletcher has become Dad of a baby girl .. congratulations to them :D

Perdita
23-01-2017, 11:15
Andy fled from the village last year after being framed by Chrissie White over the shooting of her dad Lawrence.
Her son Lachlan actually committed the crime, and his crimes were recently brought to light.
But when Chrissie learned Andy was cheating on her with Bernice, she turned on him in a shock revenge plot.
Knowing there was nothing he could do about being framed, he fled with the help of his brother Robert.
[undefined]Emmerdale's Kelvin Fletcher has teased a return for Andy Sugden after his exit last year [ITV ]
But as Series Producer Iain MacLeod teased what was to come on the soap, one tweet left fans hoping Andy would be back.
Kelvin tweeted Iain, asking him: “@Emmerdale can I have my job back? #AskIain.”

http://www.ok.co.uk/tv/emmerdale/986304/emmerdale-andy-sugden-return-kelvin-fletcher-robron-wedding-aaron-dingle-robert-soap-itv-spoilers

kiwigirl
25-01-2017, 06:10
I would like to see Andys return, it would make sense now that his kids are home.

Perdita
25-01-2017, 07:12
I would like to see Andys return, it would make sense now that his kids are home.

And it is now clear he did not shoot Lawrence

tammyy2j
25-01-2017, 12:22

Andy would move heaven and earth to be with sick Sarah now, it does make sense for him to return that is if anyone can get hold of him :p

Perdita
19-02-2017, 08:18
Emmerdale's producer Iain MacLeod has addressed the rumours that Kelvin Fletcher could make a shock return as Andy Sugden.

Andy only left the show last August, but recent on-screen storylines have led to a lot of discussion about his character on forums and social media.

Andy and Debbie's daughter Sarah is currently at the centre of a major ongoing plot as she's been diagnosed with cancer, leaving viewers to wonder whether her dad will come back to support her.

When a mystery £20,000 donation was made to Sarah's health fund, some fans even speculated that Andy could be responsible – but it was later revealed that returning character Faith Dingle was the generous donor.
http://digitalspyuk.cdnds.net/16/32/768x458/gallery-1471102777-soaps-emmerdale-andy-sugden-on-the-run-2.jpg
Andy Sugden goes on the run in Emmerdale
© ITV
Asked outright whether Andy is returning, Iain told Digital Spy and other media at a press event: "There are no plans to do that at the moment, but I'd have to be an idiot not to have it in the back of my mind, as Andy Sugden is such a huge character and Kelvin's an amazing actor.

"There's nothing on the table to that effect at present, but I never stop thinking about random, surprising things that might happen or people who may return, so I wouldn't rule it out."

Kelvin played the role of Andy for 20 years from 1996, but he bowed out to pursue other acting opportunities.
http://digitalspyuk.cdnds.net/15/40/768x464/gallery_soaps-emmerdale-pete-andy.jpg
Pete Barton and Andy Sugden in Emmerdale
© ITV
Speaking after Andy's final scenes aired last year, Kelvin commented: "People have said they hope he's not leaving forever, but I really don't know what the future holds. For me Andy is a character I've grown to love and who I'll never forget.

"I'd leave any exciting future storylines in the capable hands of the talented producers, storylines and writers. For me as an actor, I still feel like I could give more with the part of Andy and I always will. But at this moment in time, I want to try a different challenge."

Digital Spy

emerald
20-02-2017, 23:19
I would also love to see him come back to see Sarah. He's missing out on so much at the moment, including Robert's wedding (if it ever takes place that is...) But I can understand that he wants to do something different after 20 years.

alcapo11
21-02-2017, 12:12
I would also love to see him come back to see Sarah. He's missing out on so much at the moment, including Robert's wedding (if it ever takes place that is...) But I can understand that he wants to do something different after 20 years.

Yeah, he's missing his beloved brothers wedding. You know.... the one that killed his wife, but that's no biggie right?

emerald
21-02-2017, 12:25
I haven't forgotten Robert's behaviour but the two of them seemed to have made up just before Andy left. They had a nice scene together where Andy told him to take care of Aaron. Anyway, I don't think Robert actually killed Katie although he was there when she died.

alcapo11
21-02-2017, 16:41
I haven't forgotten Robert's behaviour but the two of them seemed to have made up just before Andy left. They had a nice scene together where Andy told him to take care of Aaron. Anyway, I don't think Robert actually killed Katie although he was there when she died.

Robert definitely killed Katie, it was accidental but it was his fault and then he covered it up. Andy is just as bad though, I just didn't buy the storyline in which they made up before he left. So unrealistic!

Perdita
31-03-2018, 16:05
Bad news for those who want him to return ...

http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/emmerdale/news/a853699/emmerdale-kelvin-fletcher-bad-news-andy-sugden/

Perdita
17-07-2018, 18:01
Emmerdale star Kelvin Fletcher has revealed that Andy Sugden won't be returning to the village anytime soon.

The actor left the show in 2016 after 20 years in the role of Andy, but speculation has been rife about a comeback ever since.

But with Andy's daughter Sarah currently at the centre of a heartbreaking storyline that has seen her diagnosed with heart failure, a question mark has loomed over his possible return again.

However, fans who are hoping to see Andy back in the Dales as part of the ongoing plot could be disappointed, as Kelvin has reiterated that he has no plans to go back.

Speaking to Soaplife about the possibility of an Emmerdale return, Kelvin said: "I honestly don't know. Andy wasn't killed off, so technically I could return. But I genuinely haven't given it much thought.

"The two years since I left have flown by and, in many respects, my leaving still feels very fresh. I must get asked a couple of times a day when I'm going back.

"While Emmerdale is in my DNA, it's exciting doing different things."

Since leaving Emmerdale, Kelvin has appeared on new documentary Springtime on the Farm and also pursued work out in LA.

EddyBee
17-07-2018, 18:38
Emmerdale needs Andy Sugden's return.

:)

Perdita
17-07-2018, 22:07
Emmerdale needs Andy Sugden's return.

:)

Yes, even if they get a different actor

lizann
25-10-2020, 02:14
does he know he dont need to run anymore or that annie is dead

Perdita
25-10-2020, 05:16
does he know he dont need to run anymore or that annie is dead

Where did he go to? France? Unlikely for him to return as Kelvin seems to love his racing ..

Perdita
29-01-2023, 18:42
https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/tv/kelvin-fletcher-tells-emmerdale-fans-26100006?fbclid=IwAR1UsnD6bPIqgyo7O7EbkwAOZ03l90md Q7NfZ5_xz9XwcvUEicbdPCNCJ7U

Is he coming back? I doubt it but would be great to have him back

johntrevor
30-01-2023, 11:45
https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/tv/kelvin-fletcher-tells-emmerdale-fans-26100006?fbclid=IwAR1UsnD6bPIqgyo7O7EbkwAOZ03l90md Q7NfZ5_xz9XwcvUEicbdPCNCJ7U

Is he coming back? I doubt it but would be great to have him back

Hope he does. I liked Andy

flappinfanny
30-01-2023, 18:10
Indeed it would, we need to increase the first family of Emmerdale the Sugdens and reduce the Dingles.

lizann
26-09-2023, 01:06
not ruling out a return

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tv/24115103/emmerdale-legend-teases-return-itv-soap-years-dramatic-exit/