PDA

View Full Version : Im New Here!

Aliqua
25-02-2005, 14:59
Saw your link on the BBC Eastenders Messageboard!

Whats the advantages of this message board :)

Aliqua
25-02-2005, 15:07
So this is the kind of welcome i get!

Not very nice!

Ella.
25-02-2005, 16:04
Hi Aliqua, welcome to the board! Were you a user of the now defunct BBC board?

Aliqua
25-02-2005, 16:06
Hey thanks for replying :)

Yes i was, joined today and didnt even realise they were gonna become non existent!

So what is this place like?

Ella.
25-02-2005, 16:14
Yes there wasnt much notice given by the BBC that they were closing the boards was there! Dont know why they're doing it but never mind.

This site is much better anyway, it seems as though people are actually sticking to the rules therefore its a much friendlier message board, plus there's lots of features on here that the BBC didnt have.

Aliqua
25-02-2005, 16:15
I only joined the BBC today, and didnt even realise it was closing till i saw the announcement, they hid it pretty will in my opinion!

How long ago did they decide, and did people not stick to the rules there or something?

Ella.
25-02-2005, 16:23
I dont know how long ago they decided, I just went on there on Tuesday I think after not being on it for a day due to work and it said it was closing down!

The mods on that site werent very helpful and never really did anything, so people would just break the rules constantly knowing that they would get away with it (e.g. awful text talk, fake spoilers, starting threads to be nasty to people, people constantly posting the same thing over and over again). Many users left the board and there were a lot of arguments started over the whole thing.

Aliqua
25-02-2005, 16:26
Oh i see, is the grammar and general talk alot better over here?

Theres nothing worse than seeing all that crappy text talk on a message board!

Are there quite a few people here then?

And would you say it is, overall a better place than the beeb?

*JSW*
25-02-2005, 16:30
Hi ther Aliqua, welcome to the boards :)

The number of members is increasingly daily and the board is certainly much better than the BBC one!

Once again welcome :)

Ella.
25-02-2005, 16:30
From what Ive seen, theres quite a few people who have joined this site.

And this site is definately much better than the BBC one, and a lot of other people on here think that as well.

emma
25-02-2005, 16:31
Welcome Aliqua! It is a better place than the BBC board! Theres no text talk here! And this boards population is definitely growing!

Cherryz
25-02-2005, 16:33
WELCOME!!! *hands out gold star stickers*

Aliqua
25-02-2005, 16:34
Ah all good i see, thanks for the welcomes, just need to get use to the layout of this place now!

I dont know if any of you visit the BBC 606 message board, you may of come across my adverts for my "Football Message Board", which i managed to acquire all the good posters and leave the horrible ones behind!

Still growing as well, but nothing like a nice change from football here talking about soaps:)

Will see you all around the board im sure!

emma
25-02-2005, 16:35
I'm sure you'll get used to the layout of the boards soon enough!

Treacle
27-02-2005, 17:15
Hello and welcome to the boards.
The advantages of joining a community as good as this one are:
Lots of friendly members
Lots of great forums to post in