View Full Version : Supernanny

Luna
06-04-2005, 19:19
Did anyone watch this last night???

The kids were shocking

put me off for life!!!

Roslyn
06-04-2005, 19:24
yeh i watched that i love programmes like that it proves i was a little angel lol

Luna
06-04-2005, 19:25
lol

yeah me too....just wish my mum would have watched it to prove it

Roslyn
06-04-2005, 19:27
my dad walked in and switched it off halfway through though

Luna
06-04-2005, 19:28
aaaawww....well they ended up good in the end

well as good as they could be...lol

Roslyn
06-04-2005, 19:29
lol do u sometimes watch nanny 911 on channel 6? it is practically the same thing as supernanny! or maybe they just changed the name?

Roslyn
06-04-2005, 19:33
one sec be bak l8r corrie on

Luna
06-04-2005, 19:33
no never seen it....dont have channel 6

Roslyn
06-04-2005, 19:41
oh dont you have ntl

Luna
06-04-2005, 20:02
nah telewest

Roslyn
06-04-2005, 20:03
oh rite ntl is a bit crap though it keeps going weird its so IRRITATING

*JSW*
06-04-2005, 20:42
Supernanny is brilliant! Very good episode though shocking kids! How did they learn words like that?

"This behavior is not acceptable. Go sit in the naughty zone!" Jo Frost sounds so funny!

Just a reminder that text talk is banned here as its not easy for everyone to read and unfair :)

Thanks

Luna
06-04-2005, 20:47
i blame the parents....well the mother in that family she didn't have a clue how to tell them off

Roslyn
06-04-2005, 20:48
yeah they must have got the language off their parents i had a kid like that in my house once

Jemma
06-04-2005, 20:49
Is channel 6 ITV2?

Roslyn
06-04-2005, 20:51
Yeah it is and channel 8 is itv3 isn't it?

Luna
06-04-2005, 20:51
yeah i know one of them too....unfotunatly

Jemma
06-04-2005, 20:54
lol it's confusing, for me itv3 is something in the 20s i think :searchme:

Roslyn
06-04-2005, 20:55
Yes it is and channel 8 is ITV3.

Debs
07-04-2005, 18:20
Did anyone watch this last night???

The kids were shocking

put me off for life!!!

i missed it this week!!:mad:

i watched the last series and could not believe how awful the kids were in it. it makes my little boy look like an angel!!

Roslyn
07-04-2005, 18:29
you got a lil boy whats his name?

Luna
07-04-2005, 18:37
lol makes my whole family look normal

Roslyn
07-04-2005, 19:00
my family is mad no matter what i am the only sane one lol

Debs
07-04-2005, 19:25
you got a lil boy whats his name?

his name is connor!! Why??? have you got any kids??

Siobhan
30-08-2007, 10:31
this thread is a bit old but did anyone see the new series on C4 last night.. It was heartbreaking.. The child was a brat and even naughty step couldn't be used. It was really interesting to see how it was handled... I wonder if Jo ever fails??

Xx-Vicky-xX
30-08-2007, 10:33
this thread is a bit old but did anyone see the new series on C4 last night.. It was heartbreaking.. The child was a brat and even naughty step couldn't be used. It was really interesting to see how it was handled... I wonder if Jo ever fails??

I really wanted to see this but thought it was on at 9 :rolleyes: that will teach me to check next time :lol:

Siobhan
30-08-2007, 10:35

I really wanted to see this but thought it was on at 9 :rolleyes: that will teach me to check next time :lol:

It is repeated on E4 at 9.55 on Friday

Xx-Vicky-xX
30-08-2007, 10:45

It is repeated on E4 at 9.55 on Friday

Thanks, though mum will probably be watching Big Brother :rolleyes:

di marco
30-08-2007, 10:50

i watched it, that kid was just awful, i cant believe his mum let him do that to her. and me and my sis were actually saying last night how it would be good to see if she failed for once, surely there must be some truly awful kids somewhere that wont change

Siobhan
30-08-2007, 10:52
The poor mum.. my heart went out to her... but as Jo said, when she should have been teaching her child right from wrong, she was grieving for the child she lost... I found it hard to believe he was 4..kept thinking he was only 2.. but he understood what he was doing. Fair play to the daycare, they noticed the change in him and kept him on.

Bryan
30-08-2007, 11:10
What an amazing episode last night, I couldn't believe how that kid behaved, if it was mine I'd have hit him - I dont care about being PC or not. Spitting, kicking, punching - how disgusting.

But as Jo said the age where they should have taught him right from wrong they were greaving for the death of their baby at cot death.

Amazing how much of a difference Supernanny can make, I hope the shows still on when I have kids, man seeing that lad last night is enough to put anyone off having kids! :rotfl:

P.S: As Supernanny isn't a soap I'm moving this to the TV forum

di marco
30-08-2007, 11:20
What an amazing episode last night, I couldn't believe how that kid behaved, if it was mine I'd have hit him - I dont care about being PC or not. Spitting, kicking, punching - how disgusting.

my mum was saying that, she said "they should just give him a damn good smack", and in some ways i think he might have stopped doing it if his mum had hit him back

StarsOfCCTV
04-09-2007, 00:00
But if a child is hit for hitting then isn't it a bit confusing for the child? Because you can hit them but they can't hit you/anyone....:searchme:

Supernanny's methods worked really well though, can't believe how much he changed! Can see how the parents would be less firm with the discipline losing their kid like that, it must be horrible. :(

di marco
09-09-2007, 09:04
But if a child is hit for hitting then isn't it a bit confusing for the child? Because you can hit them but they can't hit you/anyone....:searchme:

i hate all this new stuff about how if you hit a child for being naughty then its telling them that its ok to smack. when i was younger i was smacked when i was naughty but it didnt teach me that smacking was ok, it taught me what i had done was wrong, and also that smacking hurts and thats why i wasnt allowed to hit people

di marco
09-09-2007, 09:06
did anyone see this weeks one? i cant believe that the parents were still making the 5yr olds wear nappies to bed (and proper nappies as well not even the pullup sort) and how all 4 of the children drank milk out of a babys bottle before going to bed

Siobhan
10-09-2007, 09:32
did anyone see this weeks one? i cant believe that the parents were still making the 5yr olds wear nappies to bed (and proper nappies as well not even the pullup sort) and how all 4 of the children drank milk out of a babys bottle before going to bed

I know.. it was shocking and she was spoon feeding the younger kids at the table.. they were not naught kids as such, just the mother still treats them like kids and they are much to old for nappies and bottles

di marco
24-07-2008, 18:39
anyone watch supernanny usa on sunday? i cant believe the kids, they were dreadful! the fact they all still drew on the walls (even the 7yr old!) and they were trying to hit each other with chairs! :eek:

Perdita
04-11-2010, 15:36
Jo Frost has revealed that she plans to quit Supernanny so that she can start her own family.

The 39-year-old told the New York Post that her the current series on American television would be her last.

"I have decided to hang up my cape," she told the newspaper. "It was a very conscious decision, through much reflection. But I need to create more balance in my life."

Frost began the programme, which has now been sold to 47 countries, in 2004.

She admitted that having children "is not an option when you are travelling and working 46 weeks out of the year".

"Proper balance will allow me to date and have a relationship and look at my own future of having a family," she continued.

"I am definitely excited about dating and being in a committed relationship. That is all exciting stuff for me around the corner."

However, she revealed that there was "much interest" in bringing her recent UK show Extreme Parental Guidance to US TV.

"I am passionate about my work," she said. "And that won't change, even with the end of Supernanny. I will certainly not be giving up what my public service is to America and the world.

"I don't think you will be seeing less of me. I just think it will be a different way that you see me."