PDA

View Full Version : soaps setting bad examples

Roslyn
06-04-2005, 20:17
When soaps do things like breaking into houses and things like that, I reckon that robbers and stuff could get a few ideas of how to break into houses and stuff.
Also, for example when Angela hid the weapon that killed Tommy inside his coffin, if a case like that happens in real life, that will give people ideas, won't it? But I do like soaps, I'm addicted to them, but who sees my point?

Jemma
06-04-2005, 21:42
I kinda see your point but then stuff like that is everywhere not just in soaps. I mean horror films could give serial killers ideas couldn't they? But then I think if someones going to kill someone or break into a house they'd do it anyway.

Roslyn
06-04-2005, 21:47
yeah i suppose so good point. why do people make horror films do they like being scared?

Jemma
06-04-2005, 21:48
I don't know, don't you watch horror films? lol

Roslyn
07-04-2005, 12:07
yeh i watch them but i dont like them lol

i_love_matt!
07-04-2005, 14:15
well soaps have got to give a realistic view of life and things like people breaking into houses and stealing cars etc does happen. if the soaps just showed a perfect world where nothing bad happened then it woiuldn't be very realistic would it? and it's important for people to see this.

Katy
07-04-2005, 17:42
I think soaps have to do somethings such as teenage pregnancy and drugs because it is a way of getting a message across.