PDA

View Full Version : Emily's niece Freda

Jessie Wallace
07-08-2005, 02:48
Coronation Street welcomes it's first deaf character who will play Emily's niece Freda, played by Ali Briggs, who's deaf in real life, it's ground breaking stuff done in the true Corrie style.
Deaf character are usually portrayed in a very stereotypical way.
Actress Ali explains "Freda is a fully rounded person. She's fiesty and has a great sense of humour.

Chris_2k11
07-08-2005, 03:09
I think this has already been posted Jessie :)

Treacle
07-08-2005, 03:33
It has been posted before but it's nice to see a more up to date version :)

shannisrules
07-08-2005, 13:16
i didnt know this was corries first deaf character!

Jessie Wallace
07-08-2005, 14:39
I think this has already been posted Jessie :)

Sorry i couldn't find it.

Treacle
07-08-2005, 14:41
Sorry i couldn't find it.It was posted ages ago that's probably why hun it's probably far back in the forum by now :)

Jessie Wallace
07-08-2005, 14:44
Ok, oh well, we all get it wrong some times.

Treacle
07-08-2005, 14:46
Ok, oh well, we all get it wrong some times.
That's very true it's especially hard when threads aren't labelled correctly :)

Jessie Wallace
07-08-2005, 14:48
Ok, you can close it if you like.

OlafVonPokemon
07-08-2005, 18:23
thank you soo mech for telling me aboutz the nou karakter in corrie, I hedent zeen et enywere elz. I em en egreement thet some freds are alike, dont let this stop you posting though. Ok.

Olaf.

Jessie Wallace
07-08-2005, 21:05
Ok

jonni
08-08-2005, 14:31
how do you make those banners???

Jessie Wallace
08-08-2005, 14:36
I use Pain shop Pro, but you can't have a banner until you have 500 posts.

kirsty_g
22-08-2005, 09:07
sounds ok

luna_lovegood
29-08-2005, 01:50
Keep on topic please.

I think Freda is a great addition to the cast, and it's a good oppotunity for the writers of Coronation street to explore new material.

Perdita
09-06-2021, 04:11
Coronation Street has confirmed the return of Freda Burgess, as Chesney Brown and Gemma Winter discuss their son Aled's future.

Aled was diagnosed with profound permanent hearing loss in both ears last year, and as different treatment options present themselves, Chesney and a nervous Gemma log on for their first sign language lesson.

In scenes set to air next week, Chesney and Gemma are in disagreement about how to move forward, as Aled's consultant confirms that he's an ideal candidate for a cochlear implant operation.

Later, Gemma admits that she doesn't want Aled to have the operation as she is concerned about the number of risks involved.

Chesney is shocked by Gemma's decision, so asks Freda ? who is also deaf ? to come round to Number 5 to talk about the pros and cons of the procedure.

Despite Freda's reassurance, Gemma remains resolute that Aled won't be having the operation. Frustrated, Chesney despairs, pointing out that Aled is his son too.

Ali Briggs' upcoming return as Freda Burgess marks her first appearance on the cobbles since her character moved away with Norris Cole in 2019.

In 2020, the couple were seen living in a gated community, but now Freda is back in Weatherfield.

Will Freda's advice cut through to Gemma?

Coronation Street airs these scenes on the ITV Hub from Monday, June 14. The episode airs on ITV on Monday, June 14 at 9pm.

Digital Spy

Perdita
25-07-2021, 11:35
https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/coronation-street/a37089097/coronation-street-spoilers-freda-burgess-return/

Last seen in June, Freda Burgess is about to make a reappearance in Weatherfield next week.

Her scenes will air on Friday, July 30's episode of Corrie at 7.30pm on ITV, where she pays another visit to quadruplet parents Chesney Brown and Gemma Winter ? interested to see how they're coping with their deaf son Aled.

During her previous appearance, the couple asked Freda for her thoughts on whether Aled should undergo a cochlear implant operation.

Chesney and Gemma eventually chose to pursue this life-changing option, but the latter insisted that they continue to learn British Sign Language on the side.

In the upcoming scenes, Freda brings with her a BSL teacher named Charlie.

Chesney later admits that he's struggling to get a grip on the sign language and hopes their son's operation will make things easier.

Elsewhere on the cobbles, it was revealed what Curtis Delamere had been hiding from his girlfriend Emma Brooker earlier this week.

Spotted by Daniel Osbourne at the Bistro with another woman, it initially seemed as though Curtis was playing the field behind Emma's back.

However, widower Daniel was stunned to overhear Curtis telling the mystery woman that he couldn't be honest with Emma, as he's worried about admitting he "could drop dead at any second" due to a heart condition.

lizann
30-07-2021, 18:23
is she still with norris