PDA

View Full Version : Election 2005

Meh
05-04-2005, 13:27
Get ready for a month of campaigning as the election date is May 5th. Anyone else find election time fun? I love to see the lies and spin come out - good as any soap show!

hazey
05-04-2005, 14:21
I love the fun too,all the lies and the local MP's etc all baby hugging.But best of all is the countless number of campainers running up the garden path away from my very large german shepherd.ha ha :thumbsup:

pie_man
05-04-2005, 15:44
Yep I know....lies lies and more lies.....
but there are some very good politicians - Tony Ben etc...

but i hope to vote for an independent who can promise to be good!

MysticKitten
05-04-2005, 20:10
Hiya all, my husband is a local councillor and a friend of ours is standing to be an MP so its quite exciting for us, my other half missed it this time but wants to stand as an MP next time, so we will see. I think its really good that people take an interest in whats happening to our country most of my mates just snigger or dont understand, xx. :hmm:

Jade
05-04-2005, 20:43
Some of the election build up is fun, but I am so fed up with the false promises that people offer, both of the main parties have fallen away from their traditional stance.

We need somone who is going to do somthing about our schools and hospitals, pretty quick sharp.

I understand that people died and were put in prison for me to get the right to vote and I will do, but that is the only reason I will.

Thanks and Apologies.

Abi
05-04-2005, 20:58
I completly agree with Judejude, the parties just promise the same things over and over again, and then never follow it through. Hundreds of people die everyday becasue of the state of our hospitals, and if any of them politians sort out the school dinners in my school, then frankly they deserve a knighthood.

I can't vote yet, but i know that when i can then i'll vote for any party who can realistically offer those two things, as Education and our health are two of the most important things in life.