PDA

View Full Version : Gail and chesney to find new love

Treacle
05-08-2005, 03:37
TRUE love is around the corner at last for Coronation Street's Gail Platt - with a 6ft 6in foot expert.

Gail (Helen Worth) despaired of finding happiness after her tragic relationship with mass murderer Richard Hillman.

But now hunky reflexologist Phil Nail (Clive Russell) falls for Gail while working at the health centre where she is a receptionist.

Meanwhile, one of Weatherfield's youngest characters is about to taste his first romance.

Cheeky Chesney Brown (Sam Aston) develops a big crush on neighbour Sophie Webster (Brooke Vincent).

A Corrie source said: "Both plotlines will delight the viewers because they are so different.

"Some of the Chesney scenes are hilarious, while Gail will be seen all serious with her new love."

Strapping Scot Clive starred in BBC1 series Rockface where he played the leader of a mountain rescue team in the Highlands.

He has also appeared in Cracker and Auf Wiedersehen, Pet.

As Phil, who is doing a degree in criminology, he becomes intrigued by the dark history of Gail's family and asks if he can write about it in his thesis.

A Street source said: "Gail only gets her new man after some cloak-and-dagger activities.

"Firstly, Eileen Grimshaw (Sue Cleaver) sets her sights on Phil but jealous Gail scuppers the budding romance by snitching on Phil for fraternising with a patient. It's then she makes her move and asks Phil out.

"As her relationship develops it brings her into conflict with her old enemy Eileen and the two warring women once again end up trading insults and blows." Meanwhile, Corrie bosses - eager to capitalise on Chesney's success with viewers - have told scriptwriters it's time the 11-year-old's hormones started to kick in.

Viewers will see him fall head over heels for 10-year-old Sophie, the daughter of street snob Sally Webster (Sally Whittaker).

The Corrie source said: "Chesney can't understand what is happening to him and seeks help from his mum's boyfriend Les Battersby (Bruce Jones).

"He confides in Les, 'Uncle Les. Can we have a 'man to man' talk?

Chesney goes on: "There's something I can't stop thinking about. Used to be all I thought about was Schmeichel but now it's Sophie Webster. She's so gorgeous. All I want to do is to stare at her. Is there something wrong with me?"

Les reassures Chesney that it's perfectly normal to think girls are gorgeous and to stare at them but under no circumstances must he ever listen to what women say as "down that road lies madness".

Mum Cilla (Wendi Peters) is convinced that Sophie will lead Chesney astray and ruin his life before it's really begun.

But the source added: "In true Romeo and Juliet tradition, young love will find a way."

Chris_2k11
05-08-2005, 03:41
Well i'm sorry but I doubt these storylines will be keeping me hooked :o

Treacle
05-08-2005, 03:46
Well i'm sorry but I doubt these storylines will be keeping me hooked :o
I am not so sure about Chesney...I don't mind Gail though it's nice to see they've remembered that she does actually still work at the forgotten about medical centre!

Luna
05-08-2005, 09:24
Havent they already done the chesney and Sophie line??? Under the table at some do?

Bad Wolf
05-08-2005, 09:27
aww chesney and sophie sitting in a tree.....its sweet they can be young chav's in love!

Luna
05-08-2005, 09:30
aww chesney and sophie sitting in a tree.....its sweet they can be young chav's in love!

:rotfl:

Keating's babe
05-08-2005, 10:05
I've never really seen the appeal of Chesney.

Looking forward to a big cat fight between Eileen and Gail. :cheer:

Luna
05-08-2005, 11:49
I've never really seen the appeal of Chesney.

:eek: :eek: but he's so cute :eek: :eek:

Treacle
05-08-2005, 13:06
:eek: :eek: but he's so cute :eek: :eek:
And don't they know it! :eek: He's always being paraded around because he's their guarantee that Coronation Street will win atleast one award at any of the awards ceremonies when he's up.

Abi
05-08-2005, 13:18
The Gail story should be good, not so sure about the Chesney one, but time will tell

eastenders mad
05-08-2005, 15:23
i thought Chesney is going out with sophie

hippychick215
05-08-2005, 22:34
wow. i cant wait. i think chesneys great, hes soo cute.it should be good

Treacle
06-08-2005, 04:42
Chesney is a terror child all butter wouldn't melt to peoples faces but I remember his antics with the easter eggs. He's a nasty piece of work mark my words and he'd be better suited to life in Walford :)

RealityGap
12-08-2005, 18:06
would be good to see Gail happy - make a change from her miserable face!!

i_luv_dennis
13-08-2005, 20:04
how cute for little chesney do you think it is sophie

Lisa321
22-08-2005, 16:26
Hahaha
Seriously, Sophie & Chesney? I dont think this sounds good. And as for Gail, i'd rather Eileen got her man!

chuckster
22-08-2005, 16:31
Aww that is so cute! i love chesney!

feelingyellow
23-08-2005, 15:40
when i first read the title of this i thought it said 'gail and chesney to find love' :lol: that'd be hilarious!

kayla05
25-08-2005, 23:29
Chesney is so cute! and It would be nice for Gail to find love, with everthing she's been through and all!

emma_strange
27-08-2005, 15:23
Everyone loves Chesney but I cant stand him, I don't see the appeal

kirsty_g
31-08-2005, 18:42
i hope sophie and chesney get together