PDA

View Full Version : doherty attacks journalist

chance
01-08-2005, 12:52
Pete Doherty allegedly attacked a journalist for The Mirror last Tuesday.

Apparently Doherty, angered at the newspaper's portrayal of him as a drug addict, decided to set upon reporter Laurie Hanna at north London's Boogaloo pub.

The Babyshambles frontman supposedly punched Hanna, exclaiming: "What is it your paper calls me - *******king junkie scum?" Hanna then sought hospital treatment for bruising and swelling.

Stereoboard.com quotes the journalist as saying: "Doherty was passing me on my left-hand side and the next thing I knew his right fist had lashed out and connected with my left eye."

A police statement ran: "Police are investigating an allegation at the Boogaloo pub, Archway Road, Highgate, N6 at approximately 18.55 on Tuesday 26 June. No arrests have been made. It is alleged at that the suspect punched the victim in the face causing bruising."

Meanwhile, Doherty's camp are non-committal over the incident, saying: "We have nothing to say on this matter. We don't know anything about it. We cannot get hold of anyone involved."

Dr. Tangliss
02-08-2005, 08:51
I hope he does not get away with it.

Luna
02-08-2005, 08:53
Me too. That guy needs some serious help

Dr. Tangliss
02-08-2005, 08:55
Yes he does.

How dare he attack someone over something that is true to the rest of us. You only had to look at the state of him on Live8 to know he was wasted!

Luna
02-08-2005, 08:56
But the thing is, not that i'm defending his actions, he doesn't think it is true even though we know it is. He doesn't see himself like we do

Dr. Tangliss
02-08-2005, 08:57
I suppose so. But he has checked in an out of so many rehab clinics, that he must realise that something is up.

Luna
02-08-2005, 08:59
Yeah he must realise he has a problem if he has checked in so many times but there is obviously something wrong if it isn't working and he's coming straight out and back on them

Dr. Tangliss
02-08-2005, 09:01
Lets hope he sorts himself out before fate does, so to speak.

Jojo
02-08-2005, 09:01
He's not staying in there long enough and not changing the circle of people that he moves in - that's the problem. He needs to disassociate himself with everything that would remind of the drugs etc. Otherwise, you've got no chance of changing!

Luna
02-08-2005, 09:02
Yeah i think your right jojo. I wonder what his parents think when they see him in that state

Jojo
02-08-2005, 09:04
I'd be embarrassed and horrified if he was mine - I'd probably disown him too!!

Dr. Tangliss
02-08-2005, 10:27
I would disown him also, if he were mine.

I think it's sad though, as he has got talent.