PDA

View Full Version : Corrie stars passion for boxing

Treacle
01-08-2005, 04:06
Not sure if this has been posted before:

Coronation Street's Steve Arnold has revealed a secret passion for boxing.

The actor, better known as butcher Ashley Peacock, is close friends with Britain's new world champion boxer Ricky "The Hitman" Hatton.

"Boxing was an important part of my life for a very long time and I really wanted to turn pro," Steve told The People.

"But I began to realise I'd never cut it in the sport and knew it was time to hang-up my gloves when I discovered I had another talent - for acting.

"I still get the urge to get back in the ring but the soap bosses don't want me ending up with a black-eye or a broken nose as it doesn't look good on set."

He added, "People don't expect to see Ricky Hatton and Ashley Peacock out together and they often do a double take. But the fact is we get on really well and have become great mates with a shared passion for boxing and Corrie."

Treacle
01-08-2005, 04:50
Already posted by 'Emmak2005' in the 'TV & Radio' forum. Posted here so the 'Corrie' forum has a copy :)

kirsty_g
04-08-2005, 16:07
it was a good boxing match though

Chris_2k11
04-08-2005, 17:56
it was a good boxing match thoughIt was a complete and utter load of rubbish more like!

Treacle
04-08-2005, 18:02
It was a complete and utter load of rubbish more like!Objection your honour objection :D
It was worser than that episode of 'Brookside' where Tim and Steve were lapdancing shortly before the show ended. It was the same kind of format and everything...