PDA

View Full Version : Corrie star attacked in nightclub

Treacle
01-08-2005, 04:04
Not sure if this has been posted before or not?
Anyways this is the latest in a long line of Corrie stars being attacked in nightclubs.
Anyways I feel really sorry for him because I detest homophobic people, a few of my friends are gay males and I really don't have an issue with them.

Coronation Street star Antony Cotton was the victim of a homophobic attack in a Manchester club recently, The People claims today.

The 28-year-old actor, who plays camp factory worker Sean Tully, was apparently punched in the face after receiving taunts about his sexuality on July 22.

"A couple of blokes spotted Antony in the bar and were taking the mickey out of him," a witness told the newspaper. "Eventually Antony snapped and appeared to say something back to one of the guys.

"The next thing I saw was one of the blokes trying to grab hold of him. It looked as though a punch was thrown - and one of the guys shoved bewildered Antony's head back into a wall.

"He looked absolutely petrified. He was screaming out loudly at the two blokes to leave him alone. You could hear Antony's cries from quite far away. It was that same, distinctive, voice you hear on the telly in Coronation Street.

"It was all over pretty quickly and security guards inside the club made sure Antony was moved away from the scene."

A spokesperson for the soap explained, "There was an incident involving Antony at the club. It was felt best that he left after what happened. But he was well enough to go on holiday the next day."

Chris_2k11
01-08-2005, 04:25
I think 'Emmak2005' has already posted it WQ :)

Treacle
01-08-2005, 04:49
Has she? Yep you're right, this is a copy for the 'Corrie' forum though :)

Chris_2k11
01-08-2005, 04:50
Oh I see :)

Treacle
01-08-2005, 04:52
It wasn't originally. I wouldn't have posted it had I seen it there already in the other forum but now this can just be a copy for the 'Corrie' forum.

kirsty_g
04-08-2005, 16:06
i dont no why people do that for to people they would not like it if it happened to them is he ok