PDA

View Full Version : hudson glad to leave corrie

chance
03-04-2005, 14:44
Coronation Street's Lucy-Jo Hudson has revealed that she is glad to be leaving the show.

Hudson, who plays killer Katy Harris, admitted that she will be glad to leave her exhausting schedule behind.

"I'm fed up of crying for 12 hours a day, six days a week," Lucy-Jo told the Sunday Mirror. "I've been doing that for too long."

"It's been more draining than I ever imagined," she added. "I hope I've risen to the challenge - but when they told me I was leaving, I was relieved. It was sad they wanted to kill me off but, to be honest, I'd had enough. I never want to work on a soap again. The work is so hard and it's too high profile."

The actress has accused the soap's producers of not giving the Harris family enough storylines, and thinks that the talent of Richard Fleeshman, who plays her on-screen brother Craig, has only recently been recognised.

"People say I was the favourite member of the Harris family because I got more storylines," she explained. "But that was only because of Katy's links with Martin Platt. We were wasted. We should have had some bigger storylines.

"It annoys me that they only realise talent once they let them go. They gave Richard a big storyline and then realised actually he's quite good. He's a great little actor and they're keeping him on now. They'd have been daft to let him go."

Hudson's final scenes on the soap air later in the year

Bad Wolf
03-04-2005, 14:47
she has a point they were under used

chuckster
03-04-2005, 15:19
so is craig staying?

*JSW*
03-04-2005, 15:22
Yes :)

Bad Wolf
03-04-2005, 15:23
to live with grandad!!!

eastenders mad
03-04-2005, 16:11
yeah but apparently i read in another source that he is going

Mr_Cellophane
03-04-2005, 17:12
I thought she asked to go because she want's to go back to dancing.