PDA

View Full Version : Dr Who EPISODE 2 what did you all think?

Bad Wolf
03-04-2005, 11:10
i really liked it, it continues to grow on me more

my boyf and his housemate are no so kean they think its aimed at kids too much and not really a lot happens in each episode, they are a bit too short, an hour would have been better.

Meh
03-04-2005, 12:33

my boyf and his housemate are no so kean they think its aimed at kids too much and not really a lot happens in each episode, they are a bit too short, an hour would have been better.

This episode was much better. Billie is doing a far better job that I thought she would. I liked her "i'm off to talk to michael jackson" one liner :lol:

I think the most interesting scene was with the Doctor telling Rose that his planet, Gallifrey, was no more. He is last of the Time Lords. That came as a bit of a shock!

We need some two part episodes for a longer storyline. At the moment they are too short and the only character development is the Doctor and Rose.

Bad Wolf
03-04-2005, 12:36
yup, totally agree, i really don't know much about his history, can you fill me in please?

Meh
03-04-2005, 12:47
yup, totally agree, i really don't know much about his history, can you fill me in please?

The Doctor is a renegade. He got bored of living in his placid society watching other lifeforms, and stole a TARDIS (or borrowed as he says) and went roaming through time and space. There's been several episodes where he's gone back to his home planet for one reason or another, but it had never been destoyed before in any storyline.

Two of the Doctors companions have been from Gallifrey (Susan and Romana), whilst another of his companions (Leela) settled on Gallifrey. His nemesis, The Master, is also from Gallifrey and like the Doctor, is a renegade who is after universal domination.

Bad Wolf
03-04-2005, 12:50
ahhh! now it makes sense

Meh
03-04-2005, 12:56
I still have a huge collection of Doctor Who books - might rub off the dust and read a few this week :D

Bad Wolf
03-04-2005, 12:59
cool and they you can tell me all about it!

Meh
03-04-2005, 13:03
Actually, the BBC website (http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/) has a great section on Doctor Who.

SoapWatcher
03-04-2005, 13:11

Im sure Dr Who was originally aimed to be a kids show, but I think its one of these programs that sppeals to people of any age.

Bad Wolf
03-04-2005, 13:16
yup, i aggree. i really liked it!

andromeda
03-04-2005, 13:23
Loved it! I enjoyed watching Dr Who as a child, but much prefer what it's moved on to be.

Meh
03-04-2005, 13:37
I'm not too sure about the new music and credits though. I love the old Peter Davidson era music and credits.

Bad Wolf
03-04-2005, 13:37
i can't remember it

Meh
03-04-2005, 13:41
Its where the stars would morph into his face.

steven123
03-04-2005, 23:40
i love the new dr who its got me hook it should be on longer

andromeda
04-04-2005, 10:58
The strangest thing is the format of one episode one storyline. Thinks it works rather well, but it does seem a bit wierd when Dr.Who has always been broken down into mulitple parts with nearly all but the last part ending in some form of scream.