PDA

View Full Version : frank skinner heads for emmerdale

chance
28-07-2005, 15:37
Comedy genius Frank Skinner will feature in Emmerdale as a mysterious voice on the radio.

The Yorkshire-based soap's fictional radio station, Hotten FM, is to run a competition for local residents where they have to guess the identity of a mystery celebrity voice to win a prize.

Chaos will ensue over the competition but Val Lambert (Charlie Hardwick) is a woman on a mission and is determined to win the prize.

Skinner said: "I've watched the show since the days of Amos Brearley and Mr. Wilkes so, even though I don't actually appear on screen, it's really exciting to be a tiny part of the Emmerdale legend"

Series Producer Kath Beedles commented: “We had heard that Frank was a fan of the show and were delighted that he was available to record this part.’’

Skinner will be heard in four episodes from Wednesday 31st August.

Treacle
28-07-2005, 16:00
Oh it gets worse, and that Kath Beedles needs to leave and give the show back to Steve Frost who was half decent.

Abi
28-07-2005, 17:38
I actually think it sounds quite good. They could have put him in in a much worse way, but its subtle this way. Handled well i think

Chris_2k11
28-07-2005, 17:42
Comedy genius Frank Skinner will feature in Emmerdale as a mysterious voice on the radio.

The Yorkshire-based soap's fictional radio station, Hotten FM, is to run a competition for local residents where they have to guess the identity of a mystery celebrity voice to win a prize.

Chaos will ensue over the competition but Val Lambert (Charlie Hardwick) is a woman on a mission and is determined to win the prize.

Skinner said: "I've watched the show since the days of Amos Brearley and Mr. Wilkes so, even though I don't actually appear on screen, it's really exciting to be a tiny part of the Emmerdale legend"

Series Producer Kath Beedles commented: “We had heard that Frank was a fan of the show and were delighted that he was available to record this part.’’

Skinner will be heard in four episodes from Wednesday 31st August.Oh Perleeese! :rolleyes:

eastenders mad
28-07-2005, 18:11
does he have to join i can't stand the man he is not funny what so ever.

Abi
28-07-2005, 18:21
Its not he's a permanant character, its just his voice. It doesn't mean its going to be faintly like his programmes at all

Bad Wolf
28-07-2005, 18:22
cant wait!!

Abi
28-07-2005, 18:24
It should be ok, but he's only going to say a few lines not much, so its not a great deal

Keating's babe
01-08-2005, 15:48
I like Frank Skinner so I'm glad it's true. <starts humming footballs coming home>.