PDA

View Full Version : Hollyoaks Revamp

tammyy2j
28-07-2005, 15:20
Hollyoaks is set for its biggest ever cast revamp later this year, to mark the soap's 10th birthday.

Head of scripts, David Hanson, is to introduce a hoard of new characters while axing some familiar and well-established faces in the process.

Cassie Powney, who plays Mel Burton, told PA: "It's all been running along as per usual. It's always exciting when something new happens, there's that sense of excitement like, 'Ooh, what's going to happen? Is anything going to change?'

"The storylines coming up are very gritty. They're filming some late nights as we speak and they're really intense,"

She added: "Our family are involved in a totally separate thing. The two brothers (Justin and Ali) are involved in a bit of a drama. And then there's a completely different plot, which Connie (who plays twin sister Sophie) and me may or may not be involved with."

As yet, the characters and actors to be culled have not been named, however, rumours suggest that Kelly Greenwood (Zara Morgan) and Ben Gerrard (Cameron Clark) will not have their contracts renewed.

Treacle
28-07-2005, 16:41
It's a dead format now, they'll never save it.

Chris_2k11
28-07-2005, 17:51
Don't say that WQ!

Chris_2k11
28-07-2005, 17:58
Oh and a big mistake axing Zara if you ask me!

angelblue
28-07-2005, 18:33
I dont like zara i am glad she is going :cheer:

Bad Wolf
28-07-2005, 18:35
bout time

Chris_2k11
28-07-2005, 18:46
Yeah I know she's a whinger and everything, but she's been in it years and in a way it's good that she's sort of different from everyone else!

angelblue
28-07-2005, 18:51
I suppose but at the moment jumping from one guy to the next first it was jez then sam and now rory it like make your mind up :)

Katy
28-07-2005, 19:17
a revamp could work for hollyoaks or it could be really disastarous(sp)

prettypayal
28-07-2005, 20:19
they need to get of the twims they are horrible

Emmak2005
28-07-2005, 20:28
Yeah I know she's a whinger and everything, but she's been in it years and in a way it's good that she's sort of different from everyone else! She's no reason to stay now as all her family have moved away.

Abi
28-07-2005, 21:08
Sounds good to me!

Chris_2k11
28-07-2005, 21:10
She's no reason to stay now as all her family have moved away.All her family moved away ages ago and she's been fine on her own. She's made new friends, gone to HCC, and basically got on with life. She seems perfectly settled in the village to me.

Treacle
28-07-2005, 21:29
I don't like Zara much either! :)

Treacle
28-07-2005, 21:30
Hollyoaks is rubbish, I haven't watched it for very long but quite a few people have said that it's missing quite a few characters from the days when it was decent.

Chris_2k11
28-07-2005, 21:35
It needs to get some decent storylines going... I think the show needs to stop concentrating on silly scenes with the travellers, Tony Hutchinson, and the students in halls.

Treacle
28-07-2005, 21:46
The special effects don't help the show.

Abi
28-07-2005, 21:53
I watch the Sunday Omnibus, and its ok to watch when your doing something, but its nothing to put yourself out to watch. Its a lighthearted soap, good in its own right, but nothing to compare with other British soaps

Treacle
28-07-2005, 21:56
It's never exactly going to big league.

Jade
28-07-2005, 22:24
I like watching it on a sunday morning, perfect hangover TV!! (not that I have a hangover every sunday! honest!) but you know what i mean. Some of the late night ones have been good though.

Treacle
28-07-2005, 22:43
The last late night one was good with Steph, bit OTT though :)

gbnut
01-08-2005, 20:23
i wish they would leave zara although she is annoying at times and get rid of that c**p Louise. the girl really can not act!!!

Chris_2k11
01-08-2005, 20:47
Im not too keen on the Burton twins! I hate their voices!

Dr. Tangliss
02-08-2005, 08:42
I dont like zara i am glad she is going :cheer:
Me too :cheer:

xxsexc_kellyxx
13-08-2005, 16:52
i dont like zara ethier. her voice its soo anoying and the faces she pulls when she talks ! glad she going :)

Dr. Tangliss
13-08-2005, 16:52
Me too. :)

di marco
17-08-2005, 21:28
hollyoaks aint as bad as some of you make out, its been really good at points recently

di marco
17-08-2005, 21:29
they need to get rid of sophie, liz, richard, the owen dad, louise, jez and maybe nicole

Chris_2k11
17-08-2005, 23:17
Jez is a waste of time!

Abbie
17-08-2005, 23:46
Jez is a waste of time!gotta agree there

Abbie
17-08-2005, 23:50
The last late night one was good with Steph, bit OTT though :)oooooooooooooo i loved that one

Chris_2k11
17-08-2005, 23:51
gotta agree thereIm hoping he gets a decent storyline soon though :hmm: :searchme:

Chris_2k11
18-08-2005, 02:12
hollyoaks aint as bad as some of you make out, its been really good at points recentlyOh I agree! Im sick to death of Hollyoaks been portrayed as 'teenage trash' by some people! It is one of the few soaps that seems to tackle serious issues and real life situations that do actually happen in everyday life!

di marco
18-08-2005, 07:40
Oh I agree! Im sick to death of Hollyoaks been portrayed as 'teenage trash' by some people! It is one of the few soaps that seems to tackle serious issues and real life situations that do actually happen in everyday life!

i agree, just cos it aint classed as one of the top soaps and dont get as bigger ratings as some of the others, i think when it tackles serious everyday issues it does them well and makes them believable

Chris_2k11
18-08-2005, 15:55
i agree, just cos it aint classed as one of the top soaps and dont get as bigger ratings as some of the others, i think when it tackles serious everyday issues it does them well and makes them believableExactly!

di marco
18-08-2005, 20:22
Exactly!

yay someone agrees with me! :D

Abbie
18-08-2005, 22:50
Oh I agree! Im sick to death of Hollyoaks been portrayed as 'teenage trash' by some people! It is one of the few soaps that seems to tackle serious issues and real life situations that do actually happen in everyday life!oohhhhhhh i soo agree i love the whole way that some people can relate to hollyoaks and i mean ok ee and corrie do that sometimes but the things that happen their are so just sooo OTT but hollyoaks keeps it real (well most of the time if your not including in too deep)

Abbie
18-08-2005, 22:52
yay someone agrees with me! :Di do too lol

Chris_2k11
18-08-2005, 23:07
oohhhhhhh i soo agree i love the whole way that some people can relate to hollyoaks and i mean ok ee and corrie do that sometimes but the things that happen their are so just sooo OTT but hollyoaks keeps it real (well most of the time if your not including in too deep)Yep I agree with you. Even the little things like today when it showed Darlene going to collect her exam results, and she found out that she hadn't passed and couldn't go to University in Bournemouth... this does actually happen! And it's real to life! But all of the other soaps don't bother showing things like this, which is so unrealistic to life! Hollyoaks can be sooo true to everyday life, while most of the other soaps just seem to have storylines which don't mean anything, and are just so unrealistic and can be quite pathetic and OTT. Hollyoaks seems to be the only soap that tackles real life situations, issues, etc. Brookside used to be good at this sort of thing too!

di marco
19-08-2005, 07:33
Yep I agree with you. Even the little things like today when it showed Darlene going to collect her exam results, and she found out that she hadn't passed and couldn't go to University in Bournemouth... this does actually happen! And it's real to life! But all of the other soaps don't bother showing things like this, which is so unrealistic to life! Hollyoaks can be sooo true to everyday life, while most of the other soaps just seem to have storylines which don't mean anything, and are just so unrealistic and can be quite pathetic and OTT. Hollyoaks seems to be the only soap that tackles real life situations, issues, etc. Brookside used to be good at this sort of thing too!

yep i agree. i think soaps need some of these little things to make them more realistic as theyre more common in life than some of the big things, like murdering your husband! i know you need big ongoing storylines which may sometimes be ott but you also need smaller plots which the majority of viewers can relate too, i mean most people are going to worry about their exam results even if they do pass, and the whole macki bullying thing, that happens as well, mostly not to that extreme but it can sometimes get as bad as that. whereas the other bigger soaps tend to tackle really large issues which only the minority of the population can relate too, like adoption etc, and hardly any smaller issues, hollyoaks does some of these bigger issues but also concentrates regularly on smaller issues that the viewers as a whole will be able to relate to more.
and about your comment on brookie, werent hollyoaks and brookie both created by the same person so that might be why
ok rant over, im hoping it makes sense lol!

di marco
19-08-2005, 07:35
i do too lol

yay that makes 3 of us! :D

di marco
19-08-2005, 07:43
oohhhhhhh i soo agree i love the whole way that some people can relate to hollyoaks and i mean ok ee and corrie do that sometimes but the things that happen their are so just sooo OTT but hollyoaks keeps it real (well most of the time if your not including in too deep)

i think sometimes you need a big dramatic ott storyline cos its really interesting for viewers to watch and so while some of hollyoaks late night epis have been quite unrealistic at times, its been gripping and kept my interest. because it only happens occassionally and cos there are other storylines i can relate to, i dont mind watching the ott unbelievable storylines. dont get me wrong, i like watching ee and i am also gripped by their big dramatic storylines and it is good viewing, but like all the other big soaps, it lacks the little things that would relate to the majority of people, they do the little things very occassionally but hardly ever. i know they dont want to overdo the little things as then it may get boring but having some smaller issues in there would make it more realistic

13vicky13
19-08-2005, 11:21
i think the twins are good but i fink cameron and zara shud go coz they just make holloaks boring sometimes.

di marco
19-08-2005, 11:24
i think the twins are good but i fink cameron and zara shud go coz they just make holloaks boring sometimes.

i like mel but i dont like sophie much
(ps. welcome to the boards)

Abbie
19-08-2005, 12:03
i get what you mean i think most if us agree that hollyoaks is more relastic than other soaps

gazzer
19-08-2005, 12:26
a couple of things that the producers could do to make Holyoaks better.

1. Stop starting every bloody episode with a song.

2. Please, please, please stop the annoying habit of speeding up the camera or slowing it down depending on the scene. Yesterdays episode with Zara coming into the room, putting on the hi-fi and doing her stupid dancing is an example.

3. Get rid of the chav that is Frankie Dean... a horrible character. ALso get rid of Zara and Tony (even though he is the longest there his character is stupid beyond belief).

4. Get rid of the dream sequences.. they are ok in a ropey american daytime soap but not in a british tea time one.

5. Producers... look at the early episodes and see how well rounded the characters are... characters like Jambo, Dawn, Kurt, Luch. we the viewers actually cared about them and the storylines around the. Personally the only characters i care about or like in the show at the moment are Ben and Justin.

di marco
20-08-2005, 08:43
a couple of things that the producers could do to make Holyoaks better.

1. Stop starting every bloody episode with a song.

i quite like the song part at the beginning

3. Get rid of the chav that is Frankie Dean... a horrible character. ALso get rid of Zara and Tony (even though he is the longest there his character is stupid beyond belief).

there has to be characters that you dont like cos other people might like them, soaps cant be full of all characters that just one person likes, and in all programmes everyone has a few fav characters and ones they dont like so much

4. Get rid of the dream sequences.. they are ok in a ropey american daytime soap but not in a british tea time one.

sometimes theyre ok but sometimes its silly and annoying, it depends on the situation theyre used in

5. Producers... look at the early episodes and see how well rounded the characters are... characters like Jambo, Dawn, Kurt, Luch. we the viewers actually cared about them and the storylines around the. Personally the only characters i care about or like in the show at the moment are Ben and Justin.

ok there are some characters i care about and some i couldnt care less for, but as i said earlier, soaps just cant consist of characters that one person likes as other people might care for other characters, in all programmes youre going to empathise and relate to some characters more than others