PDA

View Full Version : kat with enders at least until xmas

chance
01-04-2005, 14:46
A soap insider today poured scorn on a suggestion that Jessie Wallace was being offered another £100,000 to stay with EastEnders until the end of the year.

The claim was made in a tabloid newspaper report which suggested that the actress, who plays Kat Moon in the BBC soap, would be leaving at the end of her contract in July to spend more time with her baby, Tallulah Lilac.

It said producers were preparing to offer another six-month deal to keep her until Christmas in a bid to boost ratings.

The tabloid also suggested that writers had plans to bring Kat, and her on-screen husband Alfie back together in a 'huge Christmas storyline'.

An EastEnders insider told DS: "Jessie's current contract runs until Christmas anyway."

The insider also confirmed that the eagerly anticipated return of Phil Mitchell would happen within the next two to three weeks, with Kat herself returning soon afterwards

i_luv_dennis
02-04-2005, 08:10
that might be true it said

*kalfie*moon*
03-04-2005, 08:09
i really hope she doesnt leave!! but i understand that she wants more time with her baby...but i hope jessie stays!! :( :)

Sherbs
04-04-2005, 10:26
I wish she wouldn't come back, she spoils the show!

phils little sister
04-04-2005, 10:27
i disagree i think she makes the show :cheer:

andromeda
04-04-2005, 10:36

It's all a matter of personal taste, and I'm biased, but I honestly think EE has seriously missed her over these last 5 months.

Princess
04-04-2005, 15:04
Eastenders hasn't been the same without Kat!

suewoo
04-04-2005, 16:04
I think Kat is a fun character and brings a little life to EE, I hope she gets back with Alfie :cheers:

Siobhan
04-04-2005, 16:08
I wasn't impressed at all with Kat when she came back the last time.. she was miserable and crying and didn't do anything for the show. I hope she is better this time

Chantelle
04-04-2005, 17:08
I love Kat, i think she is one of the best things on eastenders so hope she stays! Her and Alfie are absolutely amazing together!

andromeda
04-04-2005, 18:01
I wasn't impressed at all with Kat when she came back the last time.. she was miserable and crying and didn't do anything for the show. I hope she is better this time

I didn't mind that side to Kat because I thought it was very understandable, however... everything points to Fiesty Kat being back.

.:Kitz:.
04-04-2005, 18:11
I know! It felt like it wasn't the real kat coz she was so out of character. She was so mean to poor Alfie, and her family and friends. She just wasn't the real Kat, well not the one i like to think is occociated with the character anyway. :thumbsdow

andromeda
04-04-2005, 18:17
That's where I disagree. She was the Kat who had hoped her husband would ring for her to come back straight away, but he didn't. It took Spencer to ring her... she must've felt that Alfie didn't really want her. He didn't mean to but he just kept on hurting her so badly. Drink must've been her way of trying to block of the terribl emotions she must've been feeling.

.:Kitz:.
04-04-2005, 18:26
But she was so un-kat-like. Even if that was what she was feeling, i still can't see her acting like that. I don't know why. Even when she was drunk before she didn't act like that. But i did feel for her, but if she felt that she needed,him all she had to do was pick up the phone after all, it was her who walked out!

Jade
04-04-2005, 18:30
She was a bit weird the last few months she was in it but I hope she comes back to fight for her man!!

*JSW*
04-04-2005, 18:44
But she was so un-kat-like. Even if that was what she was feeling, i still can't see her acting like that. I don't know why. Even when she was drunk before she didn't act like that. But i did feel for her, but if she felt that she needed,him all she had to do was pick up the phone after all, it was her who walked out!
That was during mid-Berridge era when things were awful. It just didn't make any sense :wall:

andromeda
04-04-2005, 19:21

She may have walked out, but it was in an attempt ot get him to realise that what he had with her was not worth him risking by being jealous all the time. She would've been hoping that he would have been asking her back sooner and as time went on she wouldve been getting more deflated and hit the bottle more & more. Unfortunately, to me, her reaction does make sense. She has been known to drown her sorrows in such ways before.

Angeldelight
05-04-2005, 19:22
i'm so glad she's staying i love kat she's such a brill character

Angeldelight
05-04-2005, 19:23
i'm so glad she's staying i love kat she's such a brill character, i can't for the storyline when she comes back

easyterms
05-04-2005, 22:08
but jessie cant leave cuz when shes not in eastenders it just goes downhill. I think she turned to drink to show alfie what he had done to her by not talking to her and not being close to her, as he was the one who made her sleep with alfie by taking the loan out in the firstplace. She was mean to zoe though and that wasnt the kat we all know as zoe means the world to kat.

andromeda
06-04-2005, 11:00
i'm so glad she's staying i love kat she's such a brill character, i can't for the storyline when she comes back

Her return storyline will be what make this Alfie/Mo storyline worth watching.

callummc
06-04-2005, 12:34
I think maybe she's after a pay rise and producers are waiting a few months to see if the ratings improve before making their minds up.

easyterms
06-04-2005, 14:52
*producers* give her a payrise. shes the best in eastenders

DennisRbabe
06-04-2005, 14:59
...she does come back, she is a fantastic character! altogether now :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Keating's babe
06-04-2005, 15:05
I actually prefer Alfie and Mo together.

easyterms
06-04-2005, 15:14
i dont kjnow they have a lot of chemistry theres gunna be a big cat fight when they get back

crazygirl
06-04-2005, 15:54
they have just offered her £100,000 contract havnt they

easyterms
06-04-2005, 19:17
is she staying then? if she is then thats good

Roslyn
06-04-2005, 19:22
i want jessie to stay she is really good in eastenders it wouldn't be the same without her but kids are more important than a job

MysticKitten
06-04-2005, 20:58
I like kat when she is being nice, like how she was with nana moon, i hate it when she is all hard and cold and acting slaggy xx :rotfl:

Roslyn
06-04-2005, 21:03
I understand if Kat needs to be with her baby, any mother would.

andromeda
07-04-2005, 08:51
It's alright wanting to spend time with a child, but practicality says someone has to pay the bills. I'm hoping she'll stay with EE for a while yet.

easyterms
12-04-2005, 19:34
hopefully she will

inkyskin
13-04-2005, 20:49
I think it was a truely bizarre storyline,i'm sorry but if an ex of mine was trying to blackmail me into bed or he'd beat up my fella,i'd tell my fella what was going on!,if kat had told alfie what andy was doing then none of it would've happened!

andromeda
14-04-2005, 11:42
It's ok saying that but if you're also under the impression that telling him would get him hurt you're not going to say anything.