PDA

View Full Version : eastenders boring at the mo

carolann
01-04-2005, 14:41
not watching much of easties at the mo,used to never miss an episode only hope it gets better when phil and kat are back

Toxic
01-04-2005, 15:45
I think it's good at the moment :)

***sharon rules***
01-04-2005, 16:33
i havent been watchng it on monday and tuesday but i watch it on thursday it was ok on thursday.

callummc
04-04-2005, 20:55
I'm afraid i have to agree with you,and even my parents who have watched from day 1 and never missed an episode arn't bothering,i think EE should be very careful cos if they continue the way they are going they could end up with no regular loyal veiwers just the sort who tune in for certain episodes .

Alisha
04-04-2005, 20:57
It's not as good as it used to be but I feel that over the past few weeks, we have seen some improvement on the show.

Ella.
04-04-2005, 21:02
Its definately improved over the last few weeks, Johnny Allen & Ruby have both made a difference, hopefully there will be some good storylines coming up in the near future to give it a lift.

littlemo
04-04-2005, 21:57
I thought last week was the best it has been in months. All the stuff with Martin and Sonia was amazing, Friday night's especially good, when they went to say goodbye to Rebecca, very emotional. And I agree I do like Johnny and Ruby, although I would enjoy seeing Johnny open up a bit more too Ruby. I think there's so much that is yet to be explored.

Torrie
04-04-2005, 23:20
I think it's been excellent these last few weeks - there may not have been really explosive storylines, but I think too many of those would turn it into a real laughing stock. Instead though, we've had high quality scripts (particularly from Sarah Phelps) with attention to detail and a sense that characters are more rounded now - there's a sense of community which is what EE is all about and it's like watching actual people and not cardboard cutouts! Characters have been allowed to develop and are actually becoming interesting - I really didn't like Stacey, for example, because she didn't come across as anything more than a mouthy brat and I found it hard to have much sympathy for her, but then the writing improved and we started to see that there's actually a lot more to her than that.

If character development means boring, I'll take that over ridiculous any day! :)

Flozza
05-04-2005, 08:09
yea i think they went through a rough patch and now it gettin better. johnny and ruby have made a real difference. cant wait till da summer-big showdown, hope peggy slaps chrissie lol

Claire
05-04-2005, 16:08
I think that there has been a vast improvment in the past couple of weeks due to fab scripts by Sarah Phelps and Tony Jordon :)

Abi
05-04-2005, 17:16
I dont think that Eastenders is that bad at the minute. Sure, they went through a bad time, but the Den story (yeah i know it was a while ago) was brilliant. Some of the stories are boring, and some episodes dont have a lot active, but you have to admit, when they get a good story and good actors/actresses they do really well

Debs
05-04-2005, 18:12
i think it is is definaltely getting better but i have to admit that if i miss an episode im not too bothered!!

callummc
06-04-2005, 00:41
I have decided to tape it,and watch it later that way i can forard wind the boring bit's,like where Rosys whinging,the only problem is tonights episode only lasted about 10 minutes for me.

Keating's babe
06-04-2005, 12:50
I'm not enjoying the Sonia/Rebecca storyline. I'm finding it boring. I am looking forward to the return of Phil to shake things up. I don't think EE is dead in the water just yet, give it time and it will be back to its former glory. :cheer:

Siobhan
06-04-2005, 12:52
I think all soaps goes through slumps where they need to liven up the scripts but not repeat what other soaps have done

sarah21
06-04-2005, 14:15
I don't know how anybody can say that the Sonia/Rebecca storyline is boring. It is about human emotions and makes far better viewing than all the gangster/over the top storylines, but then I'm all for character driven storylines. It's what should keep EE going and what it does best. I'm looking forward to seeing Phil but I hope it isn't over the top sensationalism again.

EE is definitely improving but it has some way to go.

Alisha
06-04-2005, 14:22
I don't know how anybody can say that the Sonia/Rebecca storyline is boring. It is about human emotions and makes far better viewing than all the gangster/over the top storylines, but then I'm all for character driven storylines. It's what should keep EE going and what it does best. I'm looking forward to seeing Phil but I hope it isn't over the top sensationalism again.

EE is definitely improving but it has some way to go.

Agreed. Family centred storylines is the heart of eastenders and I found the whole Chloe, Martin, and Sonia storyline very compelling. It’s great to see Natalie and James central to a storyline like this. They are both great actors and they certainly delivered. Their scenes are some of the best we have seen this year. :)

Torrie
06-04-2005, 14:46
I thought some of the Chloe storyline was excellently portrayed and it was good to see that she was not just forgotten about but that it was recognised that Sonia in particular would still think about her. However, some of the scenes were cringe-worthy - particularly when Sonia and Martin found out about the car crash, the acting was so wooden and the dialogue was unbelievable. Plus, in what should have been a heartwrenching scene (and it was for the most part), why on earth did we have Sonia declare something to the effect of "I dunno, ya snatch one baby, one time and no one lets ya forget it!" I had such a laugh at that! Other than that, it has been a good storyline though. :)

Debs
06-04-2005, 18:00
i didnt like the idea of th chloe.sonia storyline because i thought that they would get custody of her but at the mo i am actually liking it. it shows how sonia has never and will never forget and also how she has kept her feeelings hidden.! i agree with you Torrie that the way they found out was awful!! she just happened to be reading the paper to martin and ooh look it is chloes parents who died!! very unbelievable!