PDA

View Full Version : Remembering Goodbyes (One Parter)

Rach33
26-07-2005, 20:42
Hi me again with another one parter and thanks to Layne who without her would not have been able to do this so please enjoy it's long so apologies if it's not good

Jake- I’ve met this woman
Chrissie- yeah
Jake- yeah she’s difficult, complicated, kind of messed up, gorgeous and so touchy, I can hack her off without even opening my mouth the thing is this time I need to say I’m sorry
Chrissie- well it isn’t always easy is it the sorry bit

Did I disappoint you or let you down? Should I be feeling guilty or let the judges frown?
Cause I saw the end before we’d begun, yes I saw you were blinded and I knew I had won
So I took what’s mine by eternal right, took your soul out into the night
It may be over but it won’t stop there I am here for you if you’d only care
You touched my heart, you touched my soul, you changed my life and all my goals
And love is blind and that I knew when my heart was blinded by you
I’ve kissed your lips and held your head, shared your dreams and shared your bed
I know you well, I know your smell, I’ve been addicted to you

Goodbye my lover, goodbye my friend, you have been the one, you have been the one for me

As she applied make-up to her tired eyes her thoughts drifted back to that night, the night he had left, the night she let her last chance of happiness escape, the same thought entered her head, the same terrifying thought that had gone around her head for weeks
Had she done something wrong, had she driven him away, a wave of fear crept over her
She should have known it wouldn’t last not with her track record with men
Picking up a pale pink lipstick she softly applied it to her lips
Painting on a smile was what she did best but right now she was exhausted of putting on an act because with him there had been no need, he let her be free to be herself
He touched her heart in a way no-one else had or would ever again, he changed her life completely even now when he wasn’t here he was still changing it
Turning her head she glanced at the bed, the covers unmade, the bed she had shared with him, the tears they had cried there, the heartbreaking goodbye that they had endured
She couldn’t explain the way she felt words either seemed too much or too little
Part of her was desperate to let herself love him but after years of hurt could she really allow herself to love a man who had gone, left, disappeared without a trace
With a sigh she realised she couldn’t answer her own question for fear of her own answer
Hiding from the truth was the one thing protecting herself from anymore heartache and disappointment
Taking a bottle of scarlet nail polish she gently ran the brush over her razor sharp talons

Goodbye my lover, goodbye my friend, you have been the one, you have been the one for me

Jake- I’m not very good at this you know
Chrissie- don’t put your faith in me Jake
Jake- I don’t I never put my faith in anyone

I am a dreamer but when I wake, you can't break my spirit - it's my dreams you take.
And as you move on, remember me, remember us and all we used to be
I've seen you cry, I've seen you smile. I've watched you sleeping for a while.
I'd be the father of your child, I'd spend a lifetime with you.
I know your fears and you know mine, we've had our doubts but now we're fine,
And I love you, I swear that's true, I cannot live without you.

Sitting in the crowded pub the thumping of the music had slowly caused his head to pound he had been sitting alone for hours mixing drinks with his thoughts
He downed the light brown liquid from the glass and let the powerful taste burn the back of his already dry throat, he slowly stared down in a hazy gaze at the mahogany stained bar, a smile playing on his face as he remembered everything about her
The things he’d seen watching her in the bar or the things he’d noticed on the rare occasions she had let him close
He’d seen her low, he’d seen her high, he’d watched her laugh and he’d watched her cry
Weeks had gone by and many nights he had spent dreaming about her, about them, about their future but each morning as he opened his eyes he was faced with the realisation that that’s all they were dreams
The busty barmaid brought him out of his thoughts as she offered to get him another drink, he accepted her offer, he needed the drink, he needed to feel numb as his glass was refilled his mind once again drifted back to her and how he had left her
He never had been very good at saying goodbye but as he had taken Chrissie’s head in his hands he knew nothing could ever hurt him like he had hurt back then
In the darkened bedroom kneeling on the bed they had just shared, he could still feel the tears upon her cheeks and the taste of salt upon her lips
Every since he had walked away part of him had been tinged with regret and yet even now he still wanted to feel hopeful that maybe one day he could go back but who was he kidding a gorgeous girl like Chrissie wouldn’t hang around for him
She’d move on and soon forget all about him, that much he was sure of

Chrissie- secrets…you know now I reckon that’s why you and me we get each other cos of the places we’ve found ourselves, the things we’ve had to bury
Jake- you can tell me
Chrissie- yeah…oh it’s all right
Jake- no it isn’t but we can make it better

And I still hold your hand in mine, in mine when I'm asleep.
And I will bear my soul in time, when I'm kneeling at your feet.

Having finished her nails Chrissie wiped away her falling tears and got to her feet

Jake downed his drink brushing away the tears before they escaped his eyes

Entering the bar Sharon turned to Chrissie, her face full of concern
Sharon- are you all right
Chrissie- never better
The lies came easily as she smiled brightly to her stepdaughter

Jake watched as Danny drunkenly approached him at the bar
Danny- how’s my big bruv today then…happy?
Jake- never better
He smiled a smile but his eyes gave away his lies

Chrissie poured herself a large whiskey, the only was to forget was too drink

Jake stared at his freshly poured whiskey another wouldn’t hurt would it

I'm so hollow, baby, I'm so hollow, I'm so, I'm so, I'm so hollow.

Chrissie- you know a simple I really like you but couldn’t we just be mates could have worked
Jake- bye Chrissie
Chrissie- bye

Song Goodbye My Lover by James Blunt taken from his album Back To Bedlam

Ta very much again Layne

Tamzi
26-07-2005, 20:49
That was really good. I loved how they were mirroring eah other at the end without knowing it. I hope they have a chance to ne together when Jake returns as that would be so sweet. That was really really good though.
xxx

Layne
26-07-2005, 21:01
oh my god darlin' that was beautiful, i loved the use of there quotes and the song and the way they were both doing the same thing, ahhh babe its ok, bles thanks awwww i loved it, i'm nearly in tears it was lovely

Layne
x x x

Jessie Wallace
26-07-2005, 23:31
Oh, it was great

Angeldelight
27-07-2005, 19:38
WOW... WOW... this is Brilliant... fantastic... fabulous... amazing... i'm on the verge of tears... love them mirroring each other at the end... it's just wow...