PDA

View Full Version : Duffy tells Nikki she is making a mistake

Luna
25-07-2005, 10:36
Coronation Street star Keith Duffy has told Nikki Sanderson that she is making a mistake quitting the show.

Nikki Sanderson will quit Corrie as soon as possible and told bosses that she wanted a fresh challenge.

She kicked off her music career at Party in the Park in Leeds on Sunday, which she also hosted.

Former Boyzone star Duffy will leave Weatherfield in this Friday's episode when Ciaran tells Shelley (Sally Lindsay) that he loves her, only for her to reject him.

And Duffy told some of the younger members of the cast to enjoy their fame but not to make mistakes.

Duffy told The Mirror: "Enjoy your fame because it comes and goes, I should know."

"Some of the younger kids are making so many mistakes. Nikki Sanderson's not doing herself any favours leaving the way she is."

Sanderson, who plays Candice Stowe, quit after co-star and boyfriend Danny Young, now aged 18, was axed after rows with Corrie chiefs about his under-age drinking.

"It sounds like she's leaving on a broken-heart level, which I don't think is a good reason. She's been there a long time - a lot longer than Danny. And she's been coming into her own. If I was her I'd have hung around for a little while."

Oh i hope he does convince her to stay :thumbsdow

chance
25-07-2005, 11:15
she will fail as a pop star wait and see.

Johnny Allen
25-07-2005, 11:17
Then hopefully we will never here of her or Danny Young again

chance
25-07-2005, 11:24
god there no way hel get another acting role! as for her she will get a top ten single because of people fancying her then she wil disapear just like all the others then be begging corrie bosses to take her back.

Luna
25-07-2005, 11:26
I'm begining to think there isn't that much difference between candice and nikki

chance
25-07-2005, 11:56
both believe there own hype

phils little sister
25-07-2005, 12:02
she is an Airhead

Luna
25-07-2005, 12:04
she is an Airhead

well said :cheer:

Katy
25-07-2005, 12:52
some people dont know there well off. They expect everything on a plate because they have been on a soap. I doubt a singing career will kick off as look at all the other failed popstar singers. Adam Rickett, martine McCution, Sid Owen....... i say no more.

eastenders mad
25-07-2005, 13:44
Yeah loads of people have quit soaps and doing nothing now.
She should stay for a another year then she should think really hard if she wants to leave or not.

Luna
25-07-2005, 13:45
Yeah loads of people have quit soaps and doing nothing now.
She should stay for a another year then she should think really hard if she wants to leave or not.

nnnoooo dont encourage her lol

eastenders mad
25-07-2005, 13:47
i am not i am jsut saying what i think she should do

hellsbells
25-07-2005, 15:55
I thought Kieran left on Friday after Shelley's mum rejected him. I don't recall him telling Shelley he loved her

Luna
25-07-2005, 17:08
Yeah he asked her to leave with him to save her life

kirsty_g
02-08-2005, 15:32
i think she as made a mistake