PDA

View Full Version : Unrealistic

SoapRach
22-07-2005, 12:50
I know that Hollyoaks isn't well known for having realistic storylines but I think that some things should be.

I'm talking about the sexual health clinic that Mel went to last night.

I think that it's great that they are dealing with the issue, but as someone who's been through a similar experience, I don't think that it was very real. For starters, I doubt that she'd be able to just pop along on the day she decided to, there are normally quite long waits for appointments and drop-in clinics involve a lot of waiting and no guarantee of being seen. Secondly, she said that they "took some blood and she'll have the results in a couple of days". What about the internal exam? what about the fact that you have to discuss with a councellor before you have an HIV test? And although they can give you some results there and then, most of the time you have to wait at least a week for results. Maybe Hollyoaks decided to leave out these details but I think that for people watching it who think that they need to go and get checked out, these are quite important things.

Just had to get that off my chest!

emma_strange
22-07-2005, 22:27
ive got to say, i know a few places like that, where you can just go in on the day and they call out a number.