PDA

View Full Version : Elaine Lordan

twinkle_eyes83
30-03-2005, 18:24
oh my god! can she go through much more? i just came on line and found this story

The mother of former EastEnders star Elaine Lordan has died under a Tube train in a suspected suicide.

Bernadette Lordan, 62, fell in front of the train at a station in north London.

Elaine Lordan, 36, who played Lynne Slater in the BBC soap, is said to be inconsolable.

Her agent said: "Elaine and the family are absolutely devastated."

The actress received the news as her three-month-old son James, who was born four weeks prematurely with a congenital diaphragmatic hernia and has remained in hospital ever since, recovered from surgery.

The tragedy happened at Highbury and Islington station, where Mrs Lordan fell in front of the Tube train as it pulled into the platform at speed.

She did not die instantly and was taken to hospital, but died there two hours later.

Mrs Lordan had suffered from depression for several years, friends told The Sun newspaper. An inquest is to be held.

Elaine Lordan has had troubles of her own - she left her role in EastEnders last July after reports of her heavy drinking, including a conviction for drink-driving in 2003.

Ms Lordan, who lives in Highbury with her partner Peter Manuel, said she tackled her drink problem with the help of a therapist

Jade
30-03-2005, 18:25
Thats really sad.

Debs
30-03-2005, 18:39
read that earlier too! it is very sad. she has been through so much!

Rach33
30-03-2005, 18:43
I read it in the sun this morning my heart goes out to her i can't imagine what's she's going through it makes me realise how lucky i am to have my mum still you forget how precious life is

crazygirl
30-03-2005, 19:57
poor elaine

Debs
31-03-2005, 10:20
hasnt she just had a baby as well who is really ill? how much more hearytache must she have to be put through

Rach33
31-03-2005, 11:17
Yeah he's still in hospital after having a major operation he's three months old

he was having a serious hernia operation

Debs
31-03-2005, 13:28
she must be feeling awful. whenever my little boy is ill im always on the phone to my mum asking for advice!! dont know what i would do without her. so she must be distraught.

dddMac1
31-03-2005, 13:57
i couldn't belive that when i read it on Teletext last night thats Horrible news my heart goes out to Elaine and the rest of her Family

phils little sister
31-03-2005, 14:01
terrible news just go's to show you shouldnt take things for granted

.:SpIcYsPy:.
31-03-2005, 17:01
:(