PDA

View Full Version : Pauline fighting for Chloe!!

littlemo
29-03-2005, 22:09
Did everybody else read what was said in (I think it was What's on Tv), about Pauline wanting to see her grandaughter? It seems this storyline is far from over. Does anyone know any good spoilers on what's coming up with Chloe/Martin/Sonia and probably Pauline? Pauline just won't butt out will she? But I will enjoy this!

i_luv_dennis
30-03-2005, 11:45
i read it it said that pauline finds out about and she is determined to get ther back

littlemo
30-03-2005, 20:24
i read it it said that pauline finds out about and she is determined to get ther back

Yes she said she'd get her grandaughter no matter what the costs were. What costs are they talking about? Do they mean money or something else? Pauline should only get involved if Martin and Sonia want her too. She shouldn't be able to just waltz in and take over, she tends to do that, and it's wrong. If that's what Pauline has planned, expect some rows.

crazygirl
30-03-2005, 20:54
yea i read it too but it would only be natural for pauline to waqnt her back has she is her grandchild and she loves her family

littlemo
30-03-2005, 20:59
yea i read it too but it would only be natural for pauline to waqnt her back has she is her grandchild and she loves her family

Yes I know Pauline loves her family a lot, I admire her for that, but I don't like the way she sticks her oar in. If Martin and Sonia have come to terms with the situation, Pauline shouldn't get involved. It hurts Sonia a lot when things reappear to remind her about Chloe, and Pauline shouldn't intentionally set out to rake up the past.

Jade
30-03-2005, 21:06
She was the one who got Sonia to fight for her when she wanted her back the first time

no1abbafan
31-03-2005, 13:20
I thought once you gave a child for adoption and the time elapsed when you could change your mind, you could not get the child back. Now if EE decide to run a story where Sonia/Martin/Pauline try to get Chole/Rebecca back then it morally cant be right as it would give the wrong message to those that had children adopted and those that adopted. I am not comfortable with this story at all.

Siobhan
31-03-2005, 13:24
I thought once you gave a child for adoption and the time elapsed when you could change your mind, you could not get the child back. Now if EE decide to run a story where Sonia/Martin/Pauline try to get Chole/Rebecca back then it morally cant be right as it would give the wrong message to those that had children adopted and those that adopted. I am not comfortable with this story at all.

Thank you.. I keep saying this and I am sure they will give the wrong message to other people who have giving a child for adoption.. I hope that EE are going with the angle of Adoption Law and rights of the mother and Child in these suitations...

RIP_Rubbish_Gangster
31-03-2005, 13:43
I agree Siobhan and no1abbafan. This storyline does not sit well with me. I'm not happy with this or the fact that Stacey Slater has been shunned by the community for correctly informing on the Millers. Eastenders are substituting morality for viewing figures.

Siobhan
31-03-2005, 13:49
Yes.. Stacey should not have been shunned by everyone for reporting Keith.. there is many campaigns on TV about reporting benefit fraud so she was doing what is asked...

Chilli05
31-03-2005, 16:44
I do not know about the adoption laws but in this case the adoptive parents have died. It's not as though now Sonia and Martin are married that they have decided they want Chloe back. Does that give the grandmother the right to keep Chloe/Rebecca. She never actually adopted Chloe. I'm trying to think of this as in real life not just a soap but if this was a real situation and the mother was now able to look after her child, would the child not be better off going back to her real parents. As I said I have no clue regarding the laws but was just wondering.

clivey14
31-03-2005, 17:45
The reason why people are shunning her is because she did it to be spiteful, not because she felt sense of duty to the community!

.:SpIcYsPy:.
31-03-2005, 18:07
Thats good maybe Martin will soon see sense and everyone will be happy :)

SoapWatcher
31-03-2005, 18:11
The reason why people are shunning her is because she did it to be spiteful, not because she felt sense of duty to the community!

Exactly!

Jade
31-03-2005, 19:27
Please remember this is a thread on Pauline fighting for Chloe no Stacy reporting the Millars.

Thanks

Angeltigger
01-04-2005, 12:19
Pauline might be able to get Chole/ Rebecca as she was not there when sonia gave her away.. or she might lie about who she is like sonia has done when she told Chole/ Rebecca grandma that she was her daughter friend… and Pauline will do anythinbg for her family- I heard someone that sonia kidnap Chole/Rebecca.. but I don’t think that they will be allowed as martin has a crimal record (well it not really one).

littlemo
01-04-2005, 20:10
Pauline might be able to get Chole/ Rebecca as she was not there when sonia gave her away.. or she might lie about who she is like sonia has done when she told Chole/ Rebecca grandma that she was her daughter friend… and Pauline will do anythinbg for her family- I heard someone that sonia kidnap Chole/Rebecca.. but I don’t think that they will be allowed as martin has a crimal record (well it not really one).

I don't think EE with go down the route of Sonia kidnapping Chloe again, I think it would be silly and repetitive. Also I think Pauline has her head screwed on, and will try the legal way to get her grandaughter back into the Fowler family.

Pauline did try to get Chloe back after Sonia had given her up, but when she realised that Martin wasn't interested, and wasn't ready for the responsibility, she let the adoption go ahead. Now the situation is different, Sonia maybe grateful for help, then again she may not, you don't know the way her mind is going to work sometimes.

I think eventually even Martin is going to want to be involved in his daughter's life. When you come face to face with your child, you can't keep ignoring your feelings.

Rach33
01-04-2005, 21:54
Maybe it won't be Sonia as we are lead to believe who kidnaps Rebecca maybe Pauline does

i_luv_dennis
02-04-2005, 09:11
i new she will have to do some thin but she might get her back you never know

littlemo
02-04-2005, 23:20
Maybe it won't be Sonia as we are lead to believe who kidnaps Rebecca maybe Pauline does

That's an idea, but do you think Pauline would go to those extremes to get her grandchild back. I know it says on the What's on Tv mag that she is willing to do anything, but she knows that if she kidnapped her, she'd have no chance.

How do you think Pauline would fair on getting Rebecca back? Rebecca is happy where she is, but I'm not sure how her life would be living with her gran until she's 18 (not that's there's anything wrong with it, just that she may be a bit old to be bringing up a child for the next 14 years). Maybe it would be an upheaval going to live with the Fowlers, but they are family and they do love her. I really think she would adjust, she's only young.

Rebecca's nan seemed nice but I don't think she compares to having parents. And seeing the episode last night, it seems there's no comparison. You can see how much Sonia and Martin adore Rebecca. Do you think they are doing the best thing, leaving her with her gran? I also think she seemed a bit possessive of Rebecca, although I know it's only natural after losing her daughter she would be eager to protect Rebecca.

I can understand that Rebecca's gran was upset when Sonia told her about being Rebecca's mum, but I felt sorry for Sonia being rejected by her. I'm glad she gave them a chance to say a proper goodbye, but the way she was holding Rebecca back all the time, it seemed she didn't trust them, and I was like 'she's their daughter!'.

People say Rebecca's better off with her gran because she's known her all her life, but how do we know this? Sue and Neil moved away after Sonia kidnapped Rebecca, that was 3 years ago, I know they probably saw each other quite a bit, but who's to say. I'm really in 2 minds about who the child would be better off with.

Ruby21
03-04-2005, 18:01
I really believe that now Rebecca is an orphan, her natural parents Martin and Sonia should be a part of her life. They are a young happily married couple who have a lot of love to give their daughter. She is still very young and if handled properly overtime she will grow to know and love them and be happy to live with them. Why should she grow her without a mum and dad when her parents are alive and can bring her up. Of course she would still be apart of the extended Miller family. Seeing Martin, Sonia and Rebecca together on Friday , they belong together.

geordie
03-04-2005, 21:22

doesnt that women ever keep her nose out of other peoples business :angry:
Guess there has to be a bizzy body in every soap

emma_strange
03-04-2005, 22:55
I know everyone is talking about morals but you've got to remember, this is Eastenders. The thingwith Keith, i think the message there was that everyone looks out for everyone in Eastenders, as they have done for years. And as for Martin/Sonia/Pauline, Eastenders are seeing it from their point of view, and I'm sure that if the story line does go onto them fighting for Chloe/Rebecca then they will consider laws but also technicalities.

Chilli05
04-04-2005, 00:47
That's an idea, but do you think Pauline would go to those extremes to get her grandchild back. I know it says on the What's on Tv mag that she is willing to do anything, but she knows that if she kidnapped her, she'd have no chance.

How do you think Pauline would fair on getting Rebecca back? Rebecca is happy where she is, but I'm not sure how her life would be living with her gran until she's 18 (not that's there's anything wrong with it, just that she may be a bit old to be bringing up a child for the next 14 years). Maybe it would be an upheaval going to live with the Fowlers, but they are family and they do love her. I really think she would adjust, she's only young.

Rebecca's nan seemed nice but I don't think she compares to having parents. And seeing the episode last night, it seems there's no comparison. You can see how much Sonia and Martin adore Rebecca. Do you think they are doing the best thing, leaving her with her gran? I also think she seemed a bit possessive of Rebecca, although I know it's only natural after losing her daughter she would be eager to protect Rebecca.

I can understand that Rebecca's gran was upset when Sonia told her about being Rebecca's mum, but I felt sorry for Sonia being rejected by her. I'm glad she gave them a chance to say a proper goodbye, but the way she was holding Rebecca back all the time, it seemed she didn't trust them, and I was like 'she's their daughter!'.

People say Rebecca's better off with her gran because she's known her all her life, but how do we know this? Sue and Neil moved away after Sonia kidnapped Rebecca, that was 3 years ago, I know they probably saw each other quite a bit, but who's to say. I'm really in 2 minds about who the child would be better off with.
Also staying with the gran Rebecca/Chloe will miss out on brothers and sisters. With Sonia and Martin she probably won't.

i_love_matt!
04-04-2005, 12:53
does it really matter?

littlemo
07-04-2005, 21:25
Also staying with the gran Rebecca/Chloe will miss out on brothers and sisters. With Sonia and Martin she probably won't.

Yes that's true, I'm sure Sonia would want a lot of children. I want Rebecca to come back with them, it's so sad them having too say goodbye. And I feel that it wouldn't just benefit Sonia and Martin to have Rebecca back in their life, but Rebecca too. Rebecca needs love in her life, and I know familiar faces are important to a child, but Sonia and Martin could become familiar too her. They are her family, and want to be there for her.

I know the law would have to consider the fact that Sonia gave Rebecca up for adoption but I'm sure they would have to think about the circumstances too. And as for Sonia kidnapping her, she was in an emotional state which wasn't made any better by the Millers decision to move. It's really unfair to keep a child away from it's mother.

andromeda
08-04-2005, 13:45
I don't think they should get her back. They gave up their right to that child and that's should be the end of it.

Would it be right for them to try and take the child away from her grandmother? It's bad enough she's already lost her own child.

SoapWatcher
08-04-2005, 15:15
When you give a child up for adoption you loose all rights to the child.

She will miss out on brothers and sisters, but that isn't the end of the world. Many couples only have 1 child.

sarah21
08-04-2005, 15:58
When you give a child up for adoption you loose all rights to the child.

She will miss out on brothers and sisters, but that isn't the end of the world. Many couples only have 1 child.

Yes but this child is now an orphan and nobody has any automatic legal rights to her, not even her adoptive grandmother.

cinamin
08-04-2005, 17:34
I know how hard Pauline tried to fight for Chloe even knowing then Martin was against it. Somehow I know she will be just as determined to get back a part of her family. I think Pauline is feeling very lonely and unhappy she's alone in life right now. Her family is doing fine without her help. Perhaps Chloe could bring her some happiness back and make Sonia a very happy woman as well. But what will Martin think?

littlemo
08-04-2005, 22:42
I know how hard Pauline tried to fight for Chloe even knowing then Martin was against it. Somehow I know she will be just as determined to get back a part of her family. I think Pauline is feeling very lonely and unhappy she's alone in life right now. Her family is doing fine without her help. Perhaps Chloe could bring her some happiness back and make Sonia a very happy woman as well. But what will Martin think?

I don't think Martin's going to be happy about it, James keeps going on about how Martin wants a quiet life, and isn't going to get it because Pauline and Sonia are not going to let him. But he loves his daughter, so there's got to be a part of him that wants her to come back with them. And although Rebecca has a grandmother that loves her now, she has a whole other family that she is missing out on. I know Pauline would love her to bits, and so would Jim and Dot. Sonia and Martin goes without saying.

I don't know whether Martin would come round to the idea, or just think that all his family have gone mad (his wife & his mother). I just don't know what the best is.

andromeda
09-04-2005, 11:12
Yes but this child is now an orphan and nobody has any automatic legal rights to her, not even her adoptive grandmother.

True... the state ultimately has control over her now, but they're not likely to move her unless the granmother is considered unfit. Surely the child is better with what she knows after aleady suffering such a trauma.

sarah21
09-04-2005, 15:50
Yes she is, but if there is only the grandmother now, I would like to see Sonia and Martin have some regular contact. Then, if something happened to the grandmother before Chloe reaches maturity, she would have others she cared about and could live with without too much more upheavel in her life. Especially, as it is obvious that the parents would want to be part of her life.

My only concern about the grandmother is her age, and it is only going to get more difficult as they both get older. What if she is taken ill? Surely it would be in everyone's best interest to look to the future and not only the present.

littlemo
10-04-2005, 16:39
Yes she is, but if there is only the grandmother now, I would like to see Sonia and Martin have some regular contact. Then, if something happened to the grandmother before Chloe reaches maturity, she would have others she cared about and could live with without too much more upheavel in her life. Especially, as it is obvious that the parents would want to be part of her life.

My only concern about the grandmother is her age, and it is only going to get more difficult as they both get older. What if she is taken ill? Surely it would be in everyone's best interest to look to the future and not only the present.

I agree with you, it is unfair for everybody involved to keep Rebecca away from her natural parents. Sonia and Martin love her, and while I don't doubt the gran's love for Rebecca, her parents should have rights. I may be wrong but I seem to remember the adoption process with Sona being relatively open, she's allowed too send presents and cards on her birthday. Or does that happen with everybody?

Siobhan
11-04-2005, 12:34
True... the state ultimately has control over her now, but they're not likely to move her unless the granmother is considered unfit. Surely the child is better with what she knows after aleady suffering such a trauma.

State may legally own her but Sonia cannot have her, she gave up her rights so she won't be able to get her.. Sonia knows this, she has said it a few times herself on EE

*Roxy*
11-04-2005, 14:18
Yes.. Stacey should not have been shunned by everyone for reporting Keith.. there is many campaigns on TV about reporting benefit fraud so she was doing what is asked...

yeah i totaly agree but, maybe she was shunned for it becuse well let's say she didn't get tot a good start when she arrived so maybe that was the tip of the iceburge for people. and i've got a friend at school who got off to bad starts and she told on someone for doing somthing bad and well my form blew it up in her face and well she still isn't like for somthing tha happened over a year ago :thumbsdow which is stuiped but hey it's what happens

i'm not saying she should be shunned but like i said doing that didn't help her

sarah21
11-04-2005, 22:19
State may legally own her but Sonia cannot have her, she gave up her rights so she won't be able to get her.. Sonia knows this, she has said it a few times herself on EE

Yes, but that was before the adoptive parents died. Sonia has as much right to Chloe now as her adoptive grandmother. It would be up to a judge to decide.

littlemo
13-04-2005, 00:11
Yes, but that was before the adoptive parents died. Sonia has as much right to Chloe now as her adoptive grandmother. It would be up to a judge to decide.

And Pauline will the buy the best lawyer going. She's going to be talking to Ian about who he thinks is the best one, I understand he talks her out of it for now, but it won't stop her for long!

Alisha
14-04-2005, 12:59
And Pauline will the buy the best lawyer going. She's going to be talking to Ian about who he thinks is the best one, I understand he talks her out of it for now, but it won't stop her for long!

I don't think Paulene should get invloved really. I understand this is her grandchild but Sonia and Martin are her parents and if they have decided to let this one lie, then so should she. It took alot for Sonia to let go and maybe now she can get some normaility back in her life but with Paulene dragging it all up again it won't help and make it even harder for her to let go.

sarah21
14-04-2005, 15:00
I agree with you totally Alisha. If Sonia and Martin have decided to let go, it is none of Pauline's business really. I think that Pauline is only doing this because she feels her life has no purpose. It would be better if she concentrated on building her own life up and left Sonia and Martin to their own lives.

Holz87
14-04-2005, 15:19
I wish EE would forget about this sonia/martin/chloe storyline its stupid as in real life they would never get her back. If they do decide to reunite chloe with sonia and martin then that is rediculous

the_watts_rule
14-04-2005, 17:09
i agree judejude

sarah21
15-04-2005, 15:01
I wish EE would forget about this sonia/martin/chloe storyline its stupid as in real life they would never get her back. If they do decide to reunite chloe with sonia and martin then that is rediculous

Actually, that is not true. Firstly, it is not a stupid storyline because it is good to see what having a child adopted can do to the natural parents and secondly, in real life there is a very strong possibility that they could get her back.

Alisha
15-04-2005, 16:29
Agreed!

Everyone has their own preferences when it comes to storylines and what defines a great story, but I for one find the whole Sonia/Martin/Chloe storyline compelling viewing. The heart of eastenders is family centred storylines and this one simply mirrors that. When someone has a child adopted, it doesn't stop there. There is after effects and always a price to pay. That’s something that Sonia has had to learn the hard way.

I have enjoyed watching the character of Sonia over the years and she has grown up into a mature level headed young women, which makes a change to many of the other female's in the square around her age. I find it completely realistic for Sonia to be feeling this way and Martin, the opposite. It really gels well with their character. The great thing about this story is that it gets down to the roots of peoples feelings and the emotion of that comes across really well on screen. I really felt for both Martin and Sonia and could see the argument on both sides. What’s more, it’s good that they have included Chloe’s gran in it too, so it's not all one sided. I have no complaints over this one so far.

gbnut
15-04-2005, 17:37
Actually, that is not true. Firstly, it is not a stupid storyline because it is good to see what having a child adopted can do to the natural parents and secondly, in real life there is a very strong possibility that they could get her back.

i disagree in real life there is not a strong possibility that they would get her back as she was legally given up for adoption cloe gave up the right to be her parent.

gbnut
15-04-2005, 17:39

i do not think that is not true as rebecca was adopted and is considered part of the adoption party. therefore the grandmother would be her next of kin and have responsibility.

littlemo
16-04-2005, 18:59
Great spoilers for the beginning of May concerning this storyline. Pauline knows Margaret's number towards the end of the week, and rings her to try and organise a meeting. I can't see she would agree too that, but it's a step forward. On friday, on Sonia's birthday Pauline presents Sonia with a surprise gift (unsure what this is), she apologises to her, and also makes a confession (clearly about Rebecca), this storyline is hotting up!

It also mentions in the weeks spoilers that Martin leaves to Edinburugh for Asif's stag party. Who would have thought Martin and Asif would be one of the first ones to get married? Do you think his decision to go, is because him and Sonia are having problems? I know him and Asif are friends, but after the big fight the week before (between his mum and wife), you wouldn't think he'd want to leave them alone. God knows what he might find when he gets back.

sarah21
17-04-2005, 15:50
i do not think that is not true as rebecca was adopted and is considered part of the adoption party. therefore the grandmother would be her next of kin and have responsibility.

Yes Chloe was adopted and at that point Sonia and Martin had no more rights to her. But when parents or adopted parents die, the child does not automatically go to someone else. She is legally an orphan and usually a relative comes forward and applies for a residency order to look after her. In this case, the adoptive grandmother would, but Sonia and Martin could too. It would then be up to a judge to decide who the child should live with. They would have as much chance as the grandmother, if not more.

gbnut
17-04-2005, 18:53
i have to still disagree. the grandmother has more rights than sonia and martin as when rebecca was adopted she became part of that family and in the eyes of the law she has the same rights as a member that was born to them. sonia and martin gave up there rights and an adoption can not be reversed execpt in exceptional circumstances. the grandmother would have more rights than sonia

sarah21
17-04-2005, 21:43
i have to still disagree. the grandmother has more rights than sonia and martin as when rebecca was adopted she became part of that family and in the eyes of the law she has the same rights as a member that was born to them. sonia and martin gave up there rights and an adoption can not be reversed execpt in exceptional circumstances. the grandmother would have more rights than sonia

We could go on forever with this one. The grandmother does not have more rights to Chloe. NOBODY has any automatic legal rights to this child. As I said before, it would be up to a judge to decide. And that is the last I'm going to say on it.

sarah21
17-04-2005, 21:50
Agreed!

Everyone has their own preferences when it comes to storylines and what defines a great story, but I for one find the whole Sonia/Martin/Chloe storyline compelling viewing. The heart of eastenders is family centred storylines and this one simply mirrors that. When someone has a child adopted, it doesn't stop there. There is after effects and always a price to pay. That’s something that Sonia has had to learn the hard way.

I have enjoyed watching the character of Sonia over the years and she has grown up into a mature level headed young women, which makes a change to many of the other female's in the square around her age. I find it completely realistic for Sonia to be feeling this way and Martin, the opposite. It really gels well with their character. The great thing about this story is that it gets down to the roots of peoples feelings and the emotion of that comes across really well on screen. I really felt for both Martin and Sonia and could see the argument on both sides. What’s more, it’s good that they have included Chloe’s gran in it too, so it's not all one sided. I have no complaints over this one so far.

I have to agree totally with you Alisha. That is what I like about the story too, that is is character and family centred. I could definitely see where both Sonia and Martin where coming from and thought it was sad for all concerned. I've enjoyed watching Sonia grow and develop and I love her character. She has had such a bad time, but despite everything she isn't self obsessed like most of the other characters. She genuinely cares about her family and I love her scenes with Jim and Dot.

I'm looking forward to this story continuing, though God only knows what havoc Pauline is going to cause!