PDA

View Full Version : EE Press

Princess
29-03-2005, 17:16
Is anyone else fed up with all the bad press that EE has been getting recently. The show really doesn't deserve it. I mean I thought Den dying was brilliant and with Kat, Phil and Dennis all on their way back things can only get better. Recently it only got 6.2 million viewers but people who read Heat magazine will have noticed that EastEnders has got the highest T.V ratings for many weeks (well ahead of Emmerdale and Cornation Street.) It totally deserves a lot of awards at this years soap awards. :hmm:

Also when you first come into this website and it shows how many people are looking at the EE/Corrie/Emmerdale boards EE always has more.

SoapWatcher
29-03-2005, 17:26
How can you tell there are more posts on te EE boards?

Princess
29-03-2005, 17:30
When you have to choose whether to go on to general discussion or spoilers it shows you how many people are viewing them.

chance
29-03-2005, 17:59
i used to love ee and im sad things have got so bad but i think it deserves the bad press its been gettin,it is really naff at the moment and has been for a while especially when you watch the uk gold episodes then you really do realise just how bad its got.i hope with dennis and phil on the way back things will pick up again.

callummc
30-03-2005, 12:32
I also think it has deserved the bad press since christmas ,its been pathetic and during kidneygate but at all other times it's been ok,at the moment it's like watching paint dry.

Siobhan
30-03-2005, 12:43
I also think it has deserved the bad press since christmas ,its been pathetic and during kidneygate but at all other times it's been ok,at the moment it's like watching paint dry.

Kidneygate???? Did I miss something???

♥Lovin Me 4 Me♥
30-03-2005, 13:07
[QUOTE=Princess]Recently it only got 6.2 million viewers but people who read Heat magazine will have noticed that EastEnders has got the highest T.V ratings for many weeks (well ahead of Emmerdale and Cornation Street.) It totally deserves a lot of awards at this years soap awards. :hmm:

Yeah, what does it say in Heat magazine?
Does it show the ratings? How much as each soap been getting.
Thanks! :thumbsup:

Princess
30-03-2005, 18:42
These are the ratings for week ending 13th March

1. Eastenders
Mon 13.9 million

2. Coronation Street
Mon 13 million

3. Red Nose Night
Fri 10.8 million

4. Emmerdale
Mon 10.1 million

*JSW*
30-03-2005, 18:44
Those rating are absolute lies! EE is atleast 1 million behind Corrie every episode. Heat are unbelieveably biased towards EE. Honestly those figures are completley dis-honest!

Princess
30-03-2005, 18:53
Well I'm just writing what it says in heat.

P.S I'm not sure but I think the omnibus ratings are counted as well.

Rach33
30-03-2005, 18:56
I will always watch EE I've been a loyal fan for six years now and i've been watching it on or off all my life I don't care if it gets bad press i will still love it

and as for the ratings that's why people had video recorders when soaps clash I never listen to the ratings

*JSW*
30-03-2005, 19:05
I understand that :) Your just reporting what you've read. I think the Omnibus is included in some way. EE hasn't beaten Corrie since Den's death. Corrie is also as I said, at leat 1 million + ahead every episode.

*JSW*
30-03-2005, 19:08
I will always watch EE I've been a loyal fan for six years now and i've been watching it on or off all my life I don't care if it gets bad press i will still love it

and as for the ratings that's why people had video recorders when soaps clash I never listen to the ratings
But as far as i'm looking at things. The popularly of a show watched live almost certainly translates into the number of viewers. We could go into age demographics but would be incredibly dull.

Rach33
30-03-2005, 19:17
I know what you mean and I agree it's nowhere near as good as it use to be which is a real shame

sarah21
30-03-2005, 20:12
But as far as i'm looking at things. The popularly of a show watched live almost certainly translates into the number of viewers.

Sorry, but I can't agree with that. During term time, I work Monday to Thursday evenings until 9pm, therefore I have to tape programmes or watch the omnibus. Also, lots of my friends are putting kids to bed or are still busy so they tape or watch programmes at other times.

As regards Heat mag, I'm glad someone is on EE's side because the rest of the media wouldn't say anything nice if they gave oscar winning performances. That said, Heat uses both the original viewing and omnibus to get the true viewing figures and EE often beats Corrie. As it does in other ratings.

Personally, I think EE is improving slowly. They need to build up their characters and have more character based storylines and that is what they seem to be doing.

Mr_Cellophane
30-03-2005, 21:21
The overnight figures don't include those who watch video recordings and digital transmissions. The later figures do.