PDA

View Full Version : Shannis- Wind in the wild

Eastie-babe4eva
29-03-2005, 11:14
A one parter!

It was cold and blistery. The icy wind did nothing but startle the wildlife that prepared to bear the storm. The sky was grey, black to purple clouds smothering everyone into the harsh winds and fierce rain. The droplets were for like sheets, paining against the windows, so strong they seemed capable of shattering the glass. For this reason the windows had been covered in cardboard. Outside the fog was thick. So much so that if you dared to enter it there was a chance you’d never return.

Birds battled against the wind, calling out warning signals to each other as they headed towards safe land. The people of Florida had been advised to do the same thing. Some had but others had opted to stay. Already the wind had ripped roofs off houses, shattered car windows and caused trees to tumble. However, the effects had only just begun. There was an air of uncertainty hanging over everyone very much like the thunderstorm itself. It was midsummer, Sharon’s first summer in Florida, and the most dangerous in an extremely long time.

Sharon, Vicki and Michelle sat round the kitchen table. Mark Junior was balanced on Vicki’s knee as he shook in terror. They’d been advised to stick to the lower floors through fear of the building collapsing. No-one spoke. The radio played into the silence, only just sinking into their minds as they mentally prepared themselves for the worst, hoping for the best. The newsreader came onto the radio and spoke in a monotonous voice the words which would terrify the town. The tornado was heading their way and was picking up pace.

Immediately everyone broke into tears. There was little chance of them all surviving, and if they did it was very likely they’d have no home to sleep in. The radio crackled slightly and then a song started.

“If only I’d told you how I felt before it became too late. The winds are rolling in around me, smothering me in their grasp. I’m retracing my life and the things I’ve done wrong, the things I forgot to say. Why did I not fight for you when I knew myself it was right? Why did I let you slip away and turn my feelings off like a light? ‘Cause now all I can think of is you and what just could have been. I know it’s hard to think back to the day when we parted and walked our separate ways. If I knew then what I know now I’m sure there’d be one change. For all I need you to know now is still my feelings are strong. My heart is yours and I love you so. I’d tell you this if I could but it’s too little too late. Those winds are rolling in, the winds are rolling in, those winds are rolling in, and all I need is you.”

The song came to a finish. That repetitive line at the end slowly faded into the soft melody of the track. Vicki looked at Sharon smiling sympathetically. Sharon nodded, tearing her eyes away from everyone and instead dropping her head towards the floor. Why was it that in this helpless situation she was tearing herself up over what could have been? Surely there was nothing more she could say than the truth. It was just a case of how well to disguise the truth.

She stood up and pulled her mobile from her pocket. She tapped the buttons angrily. “Dennis! It’s me. Look there’s a tornado coming. I don’t know if I’m going to survive at all but I have to do this. Look I still love you, so much. Honestly, I know I haven’t treated you how you deserve all the time but, I’ll always love you!” She paused, choked on her own tears. “I love you too Sharon. Look you’re going to be fine. We’ll die together, as an old couple. Hold on for me eh?” She smiled and hung up.

“I’m getting out of here. I need to survive, for Dennis!” She ran out the door, jangling her car keys as she went. She clambered into her car and shoved the key into the ignition.

IN WALFORD

Dennis threw his phone across the room, pulling on his jacket and walking out of the door. He wrapped his jacket tightly round himself, biting his lip in worry. He felt nauseas.

FLORIDA

The car started. The radio came on, the same song from earlier playing again. Sharon smiled. “I know Dennis, I know!” She drove on and on, the car battling against the rising winds. The car hit a bump in the road and was immediately thrown off course by the winds. The car toppled over once, twice and came to a stop as it collided into a brick wall.

WALFORD

Tears blinded Dennis’ eyes as a part of him seemed to disappear. He felt icily cold inside and alone in the world like he was walking along an empty street with no-one walking beside him, alone he walked on. A car sped round the corner, colliding into him and sending him flying. He lay on the floor motionless, blood etched on his head and a red pool surrounding his head.

FLORIDA

Sharon lay in the car. She tried to sit up but the pain had overcome her. She murmured Dennis’ name then died.

WALFORD

A crowd gathered round the lifeless figure on the floor. With shocked expressions they all retreated to their homes. Dennis was dead.

(SPOOOOOOOOKY)

Verity! xxxx

di marco
29-03-2005, 11:56
NOOOOOOOOOO!!! that was sooooo sad! poor sharon and dennis! though it was absolutely amazing as always! :D you know i love your scripts, theyre great! :) the description is amazing, its like youre actually there. BRILLIANT!! :D :D :D

angelwings
29-03-2005, 12:22
Nooo verity hun that was amazin it was so sad. brilliant as always. love emma.x

PinkFairy
29-03-2005, 12:45
Dennis is dead! What is Sharon going to have to do? Who will Zoe have to dress up in her cheap clothes for? It's got to be a 'Dirty Den Death'. Please, don't let him die. Though, if is a one parter, he can't come back. Please do another script so I can make sure he is OK.

Eastie-babe4eva
29-03-2005, 15:08
Lauren, Sharon's dead too, she died moments before him!

*JSW*
29-03-2005, 15:41
Excellent fan fic! Well written and a high level of description! Well Done!

PinkFairy
01-04-2005, 20:43
Whoops. See what I mean about being stupid. I seriosly need to see someone, all this shannis is destroying any other knowldge that I had.

the_watts_rule
14-04-2005, 18:46
Nooooooooooooo!

Tiffany
19-04-2005, 23:00
that was great well done ;)